PDA

View Full Version : Help on CD changer

pbglas
10/17/2009, 08:54 PM
I got my VX used a couple of months back. My CD changer now has taken to making a loud buzzing noise for about 10 seconds after engine start-up. I have never used the CD changer and conjectured putting a cd in might stop hte noise. I cant get a CD in. It feels like there is something in it.

Does anyone has any adivce? Is htere an eject button? Is there a manual?

Anita
10/17/2009, 10:59 PM
Sounds like there is some interferece with the working parts. CD's can get stuck as well as the little plastic parts inside break..or just get jammed.

Many owners just replace their receiver and CD changer altogether when that happens. Some people like me have done everything to beat the crap out of the player. Whether beating the thing works depends of course on what is wrong. Some people have gone so far as to take apart the player to get to the problem's source.

My player was stuck for good until my mechanic pulled the changer out and while it was still wired, turned the player upside down and pressed the buttons. Whatever was wrong with it (and mine did make a horrible noise at start up) seemed to right itself when held upside down. I hit it a ton of times too.

Just do a search on "cd player" and you will find hundreds of posts complaining about them. Bless their plastic hearts...

circmand
10/17/2009, 11:54 PM
on the LED if so replace CD

VX KAT
10/18/2009, 10:36 AM
When I got my VX last year, the CD player made a few beeps after I started car, couldn't get any CD inserted, appeared maybe there was already a CD in that slot. This was immediately followed by the "ERR3" message and that means the whole thing is toast. So I replaced the head unit with an Eclipse unit and had the CD unit removed and put in a cubby box there, the stereo shop was able to get it to cough up 2 CDs that were stuck in it (from previous owner...heavy metal head-banger bands!!:_wtf:...."I'm a little bit country, I'm a little bit rock & roll".....;)).

Bottom line, seems like about 95% of VX owners have had the ERR3 message come up and it's futile to fix or replace this POS....just get a new unit altogether....save yourself some hassle:_brickwal

pbglas
10/18/2009, 10:52 AM
Thanks Anita, circman and Kat. Let me take your posts to a mechanic and have him help. Thanks again.

BTW no err message though.

Gussie2000
10/18/2009, 06:22 PM
Thanks Anita, circman and Kat. Let me take your posts to a mechanic and have him help. Thanks again.

BTW no err message though.

Hi PBglas !

THe CD units working system is all put together with gears,shafts,pulleys & belts

As soon on of those components gets into a faulty status the rest of the system will fail as well.

Since your CD changer aren't displaing any error on the cassette's screen that suggest me to think the unit needs to be syncronized again.

If you have the $$$$$ you can take it to a electronic technician to diagnost what cause the faulty synchronization.

Another possible issue is the lens,if the lens is faulty,which means that the laser beam is either too weak or too rich it may cause issues too,other possibility is that there's a broken cd inside the unit.

If you don't have the $$$$ you can open the unit & visually check if there's an CD.
However,fixing a CD changer is all a challenge because if you don't have the skills to detect which is the gear,shaft or other mechanism causinng the problem you can easly mess up every thing if you get you decide to tear apart the unit.