PDA

View Full Version : HELP... how do you do this????

gabilangabby
10/16/2009, 08:46 PM
I spoke with am ex-isuzu technichan that know the VX very well and said that replacing the intake manifold gaskets is a 25-30min job and that you dont have to take the upper part off... is there a step by step here just for intake manifold replacement?? how is it done??? i have the tools. Thanks in advance.

rowhard
10/16/2009, 08:51 PM
Well, ain't done it myself, but I did upload a shop manual that Uncle Asa sent me. You will find it under downloads/manuals I think:grino:

gabilangabby
10/16/2009, 09:30 PM
i downloaded this a while back and cant seem to find where it tells me how to do this .... im about to give up lol!

Y33TREKker
10/17/2009, 08:36 AM
I didn't really see much in the way of a step-by-step removal process, but I did see in the downloadable manual that the intake manifold is also referred to as the "Common Chamber".

gabilangabby
10/17/2009, 08:46 AM
thanks.... let me re-visit the manual

Ldub
10/17/2009, 08:52 AM
I've had the top end off mine several times since the initial supercharger install, & if it can be done in twenty minutes, I'd like to watch...:yes:
Maybe if you lifted the intake just enough to slip the old gaskets out, & new ones in...:_confused

Anyway, you might find some of the step by step info. here useful...:_wrench:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=11035&highlight=supercharger+101

gabilangabby
10/17/2009, 09:29 AM
thanks... im probably gonna tell the mechanic in know to do it ... but i have to wait till monday... i will bring my cam and record it... i will put it up on youtube when i get a chance.

WormGod
10/19/2009, 07:30 AM
I imagine you can do it pretty quick with minimal disconnect, but that's if you found some way to get the fuel lines to cooperate. Those are the bane of all repairs in that locale.

Dubs, I think I managed to replace a gasket in roughly 1/2 hour with some tear down, PRE-S/C. Post S/C.... not so much. Took me nearly 2 hrs thanks to all the plumbing and added weight/bulk. :mad:

Sadly, looks like I'll be doing it again here soon too. I FINALLY picked up one of the Rockauto gaskets which everyone here has given props to, so I am hoping this will be the end of my 171/174s.... for a while at least. Emissions testing coming up and that glaring CEL is a problem.

etlsport
10/20/2009, 06:49 AM
wormgod, give the emissions center a call.. my emissions were due up at the end of last month (im still registered in MD).. i called em up and said id like an extension since im out of state at the moment.. they say ehh dont worry about it, were revamping everything anyway, we'll mail you a letter saying you are exempted until 2011.. and they did :thumbup:

WormGod
10/20/2009, 07:08 AM
Sounds like a good deal. Maybe I'll tell them every 2 years that I need an extension. :p

Emissions testing. What a joke anyways. A way to make "some" money for the state and create many useless jobs.