PDA

View Full Version : Window Wind Shield to reduce noise

nemo
10/14/2009, 07:26 AM
OK, I am a new VX owner and am considering putting the Wind Shields on my windows to help eliminate the wind noise. My question is have any owners done this and does it help as well as what products do you recommend. I have the normal window skew but plan to deal with that later – already know about the fix available. I know there was some talk about this a long time back but wanted to see what has turned up lately and pick your brains.

Thanks
Ed

WormGod
10/14/2009, 07:48 AM
I am guessing you are talking about the VentVisors. In any case, ya, they'll keep "some" wind noise down at highway speed, if and only if, your windows are open within their cover still. The VX is a loud brick so it's probably just something you'll want to get used to.

Dynamat can keep down some "road noise", at the expense of added weight.

tom4bren
10/14/2009, 10:23 AM
Read here for talk on 3 different brands.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=16399&highlight=ventvisor

pbkid
10/14/2009, 11:32 AM
wormgod is right... .the VX is just a loud vehicle. but, some good tunes and some dynamat can help :thumbup:

nfpgasmask
10/14/2009, 11:36 AM
It will be particularly loud if you have the Yakima wing bars up top. They create a nice "whirring" sound as you drive. Some folks have put a fairing up there to direct the wind. I don't think the Weathertech rain guards/vent visors do all that much for the wind noise. They do however keep water from coming in when you crack the window, and they look good.

Bart

handeeman
10/14/2009, 12:24 PM
Nemo, like I said, I'm soooo glad you found us. I haven't done the vent shades yet, but I will say I've gotten use to the VX noise (mines not exceptionally loud at highway speeds). Believe me, I know, I sometimes cruise in the upper 40's and lower 50's (only if I'm on an interstate). All seriousness aside I don't think the vent shades help much with noise but they do keep the rain out if your window is cracked a little.

nemo
10/16/2009, 05:03 PM
Thanks everyone, about what I was thinking. I am going to hold off on this until later. I have plenty of other items to take care of so no problem finding something to do.

nemo