PDA

View Full Version : What kind of freaky energy is going around?

Scott Harness
10/13/2009, 03:07 PM
My wife has been really depressed lately,so much so she checked herself into the Cirque Lodge in Sundance,Utah. $$$$ luckily her company is paying for it.
I think it's where the stars go to dry out. BUT...last night two of my neighbors did a double suicide!

ZEUS
10/13/2009, 03:10 PM
WOW! Damn that gun control...

CrnCnn
10/13/2009, 03:29 PM
Holy crap Scott. How are you feeling with all this?

circmand
10/13/2009, 03:42 PM

Are you trying to start up another gun control arguement?

pbkid
10/13/2009, 03:44 PM
wow... i can understand it somewhat. sometimes its hard to pursue through the problems and stay strong. stitch was one of the stresses/happiness in my life that i had to get rid of to help me stay sane (financial help). if i werent to get rid of stitch there was no way i could of payed for everything required towards my dui.

scott- i hope your wife gets better, i really do. its hard to go through something like that with your significant other.

KeithVXlvr
10/13/2009, 04:34 PM
Hang in there Scott.

I went through an "episode" a few years back and things got better - even though at the time I never thought I'd function again. ( Some on this site would probably argue how well I function now but that is another issue... :p)

But stay positive it may take time but all will be fine in the near term.

I am praying for ya... this stuff is not easy.

Scott Harness
10/13/2009, 04:40 PM
scott- i hope your wife gets better, i really do. its hard to go through something like that with your significant other.

Thanks I'm doing good.It needed to be done.
We talk everyday.She sounds better already.
It really is a $$$$ place.Private chefs,helecopter rides thru the mountains.
But they do have a really great record of healing people,so that's good.
I wanted to go HA!

Scott Harness
10/13/2009, 04:44 PM

The neighbors used drugs to OD.

Gussie2000
10/13/2009, 04:46 PM
All this stress some times affect us without notice at all.

Just be right next to her,with some love & kind words she'll feel better pretty soon.

Mark B
10/13/2009, 06:23 PM
December 21, 2012.
Getting close to the end of the world.
Things will only get worse. NOT
Hope you fell better.

ZEUS
10/13/2009, 06:33 PM
The neighbors used drugs to OD.Sorry, my friend. I didn't mean to come off as insensitive - just trying to make light of a dark time...

This year has been tough; I can totally empathize with being depressed and 'on the verge'. I remember saying "I am stepping out of this life one way or another!" - classic me :o. I'm on an up-swing right now though. Found out I am not getting laid off anytime soon, as I was instead, moved to a great project that really challenges me! Really busy again! That means no 6-month long roadtrip, however. :( But this year's unsuredness forced me to start seeing a counselor a couple months ago - a few people know how out of control I had become (worse anyway). Those few sessions helped... it has been good to get out a bunch of negativity and get me back on course. Trying to redirect all that energy right now... it's like fighting cancer, in a way, I think. :confused: Anyway, I don't mean to make this about me, just offering what I have found daunting and helpful lately (I'm not afraid of oversharing). I hope you are able to help lift your wife's spirits instead of her dragging your's down. Stay strong and positive, it'll get better! :)

tomdietrying
10/13/2009, 07:04 PM
Scott,
I'm sorry to hear things aren't going well. Let's go out for a beer. I just tried to call you, but I can't find your number on the Rolladex. Yes, I still use one of those.
Peace.
Tom

p.s.
Give me a ring when you get time.

Scott Harness
10/14/2009, 05:50 AM
Sorry, my friend. I didn't mean to come off as insensitive - just trying to make light of a dark time...

No offense taken Justin,I'm glad you're doing better.
Thanks for the honesty and encouragement.

tom4bren
10/14/2009, 05:54 AM
Scott,

My thoughts and prayers go out to you & your wife too.

I went through a very bad divorce. It was the worst 10 years of my life (Yup - the ex dragged it out for 10 LOOOOONG years). It was also some of the best times of my life because Brenda was with me through it all. Never underestimate the impact you can have on your spouse. I'm glad your wife has you to help her through this.

Maybe you should introduce her to this forum. Raggin on Ldub, ZEUS & Handee on a daily basis can be very theraputic.:yes:

Ldub
10/14/2009, 07:54 AM
Sorry to hear of troubled times Scott...:(

And you're right, it's some awfully weird times we're in.
Earlier in the summer, some people I knew through mutual friends decided to check out of the whole "walkin' around, breathin', & seein' things" experience, & gassed themselves in their garage...just plain makes no sense.

Best to You & Mrs. Scott, hope she's back to feeling better soon!

VX crazy
10/14/2009, 08:00 AM
Scott, I am so glad she finally made the move, its been a long time coming! It can only get better! And there is something strange for sure going on! I can barely count how many people I have know that have died this year, add to that major traumas.....something funny going on.

You feeling ok with everything going on? If you need a getaway you can come down to Austin saturday and celebrate Jays bday with a late lunch!

nocturnalVX
10/14/2009, 09:00 AM
I hope things keep on getting better for your wife, for you, for everybody! Things can get messed up sometimes, but it is easier to overcome with good friends & family. I feel sorry for those out there without that support. Good luck, and I wish Cecilia & I could join y'all for that "late lunch"!

Scott Harness
10/14/2009, 09:59 AM
Scott, I am so glad she finally made the move, its been a long time coming! It can only get better! And there is something strange for sure going on! I can barely count how many people I have know that have died this year, add to that major traumas.....something funny going on.

You feeling ok with everything going on? If you need a getaway you can come down to Austin saturday and celebrate Jays bday with a late lunch!

I'll try and make lunch PM sent

nfpgasmask
10/14/2009, 11:28 AM
I would venture to say this is just a sign of the times. The weight of the world is upon us all. Some people simply can't handle the stress and complexity of day-to-day modern life. Hell, I've been feeling COMPLETELY overwhelmed myself lately.

All the more reason to stop, take a deep breath and crack open your favorite brew, and force yourself to relax. :_beer:

Life is hard, complex, tiring, annoying, stressful, painful and downright confusing sometimes. But if you aren't feeling that way at least half the time, then you aren't living at all!

Just remember the good times you've had, make plans to have some more, and don't forget to stop and appreciate the small things along the way!

It sounds dumb, but every time I look at my puppy's eyes, I know she needs me and depends on me to take care of her, and she is just a simple little creature who wants nothing but food, a nice long nature walk now and again, and a snuggly warm place to sleep. And that's all there is to life really! :D

:thumbup: Bart

pbkid
10/14/2009, 11:30 AM
I would venture to say this is just a sign of the times. The weight of the world is upon us all. Some people simply can't handle the stress and complexity of day-to-day modern life. Hell, I've been feeling COMPLETELY overwhelmed myself lately.

All the more reason to stop, take a deep breath and crack open your favorite brew, and force yourself to relax. :_beer:

Life is hard, complex, tiring, annoying, stressful, painful and downright confusing sometimes. But if you aren't feeling that way at least half the time, they you aren't living at all!

Just remember the good times you've had, make plans to have some more, and don't forget to stop and appreciate the small things along the way!

It sounds dumb, but every time I look at my puppy's eyes, I know she needs me and depends on me to take care of her, and she is just a simple little creature who wants nothing but food, a nice long nature walk now and again, and a snuggly warm place to sleep. And that's all there is to life really! :D

:thumbup: Bart

very well said bart.
x2 on all of that.

Scott Harness
10/14/2009, 11:43 AM
very well said bart.
x2 on all of that.

x3 Buddha Bart

CrnCnn
10/14/2009, 12:11 PM
I also have been suffering. The last year has cost me a lot due to my lack of ability to ‘deal’. It has cost me monetarily and at least two friendships.

Scott Harness
10/14/2009, 07:57 PM
I also have been suffering. The last year has cost me a lot due to my lack of ability to ‘deal’. It has cost me monetarily and at least two friendships.

So sorry,I know it's tough.I had to fight hard to not catch it from Diane.
I might have a little bit
AGAIN I want to thank this wonderful family for all your support!!:yesb:

Ms Moncha
10/14/2009, 10:06 PM
Scott, I will add you and your family to my prayers for my Scott and the rest of the VXers that are having troubled times. Seems like there really is something strange going on this year. Can't figure it out. I hate the torment that everyone seems to be experiencing. I know life is hard but haven't we all had our share this year??

My only advice is to just take one day at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff and give doggies lots of hugs and kisses, as they are not judgmental and give hugs and kisses back without any conditions. This is a phenomenal family of VXers and lean on it for all of the support and love you need.
Ms. Moncha

tom4bren
10/15/2009, 06:51 AM
Ms Moncha

Top O the morning to ya

& to your hubby.

Scott Harness
10/15/2009, 10:07 AM
Scott, I will add you and your family to my prayers for my Scott and the rest of the VXers that are having troubled times. Seems like there really is something strange going on this year. Can't figure it out. I hate the torment that everyone seems to be experiencing. I know life is hard but haven't we all had our share this year??

My only advice is to just take one day at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff and give doggies lots of hugs and kisses, as they are not judgmental and give hugs and kisses back without any conditions. This is a phenomenal family of VXers and lean on it for all of the support and love you need.
Ms. Moncha

Thanks Laura:flower::angel::yes:sending Scott and You much LOVE and CHI.
You guys are in my prayers.Thanks for building this wonderful family