PDA

View Full Version : I'm back - -sort of....

FeatherFoot
08/05/2003, 10:17 AM
Did y'all miss me??

Probably not!!

On June 13th I was attacked by my very own lungs resulting in 3 trips to the Emergency Room, 3 different chest X-ray series, a CAT scan, lung function test as well as various blood tests and consultations.

All of the above has yielded that, with the exception of my lungs I'm actually quite healthy for an old F**t.

The lungs, however, are a different story. It seems that 50+ years of smoking and an exposure to TB as a teenager has left me with 50 to 60 % capacity for someone of my prestiege and flosinority. The left one has a lot of crap in the bottom of it.

Excuse me I'm not looking for sympathy or anything. I did this to myself. I was the invincable "won't happen to me" young adult, kid or what ever and if I can get one of you (the VX family) to not start or stop using tobacco I will have reached my goal.

I know that having to open the shower door and let the humidity out isn't the normal way to shower. Having to `catch your breath' after carring the trash out isn't normal. or wasn't!

FF

AlaskaVX
08/05/2003, 10:55 AM
Well its cool that you posted, but I guess I'm still in the "won't happen to me" state of mind. How much do you smoke? I almost wish they had those commercials they do now back when I started. Except I could really do without the stupid, ignorant, marijuana commercials.

Originally posted by SPAZZ
Every time a smoker wants to smoke.....eat it!!!! LOL

Anita
08/05/2003, 11:05 AM
John,

It's good to hear from you, but sorry to hear that youve been ailing. Someday soon I'd like to come down and take you to lunch.

;Dr;

Reg Hinnant
08/05/2003, 11:54 AM
Sorry to hear of your condition, John. I have family who suffered with that. I was lucky to have never started smoking.
I also had a neigbor who would push his mower one time across his lawn and then have to rest to get his breath, only to light up another smoke! He had smoked so long, he couldnt stop.
Good luck with getting better and staying off the coffin nails!

Dallas4u
08/05/2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by SPAZZ
Every time a smoker wants to smoke.....eat it!!!!

This could work, but I guess you'd have to learn to stop smoking it to eat it... then all of the work is already done :)(in a sense, I guess).

Both of my parents use to smoke... one still does (mother), the other has had two mild heart attacks (father) and doesn't anymore. He feels better than he ever has, along with not smoking and eating better. He's always been an active person, playing basketball in college and jogging a lot when I was younger... but always smoking.

Sometimes it takes something like this to tell you, it's time for you to make a decision... one way or the other.