PDA

View Full Version : Trooper Questions

djvx
10/10/2009, 08:51 PM
Friend just got a free 1999 Trooper in nice shape but a bad engine. He is going to pick it up early next week. If anyone is experienced with troopers and wouldn't mind being a reference for what will likely be numerous questions please let me know. We are going to need a new engine of course. I will them PM you rather than doing it in a forum.

Thanks Bigtime !

Djvx

pbkid
10/10/2009, 09:27 PM
maybe talk to bigswede, or bart (nfpgasmask).

the guys on the wire can help a lot too..

nfpgasmask
10/10/2009, 09:35 PM
Well, if it is a 99, then I assume it has the same 3.5 motor our VXes have.

You should go to planetisuzoo.com and join the forum there. I have become intimately familiar with the 1st gen V6. I actually just bought a 3.4 motor for it last week. I will hopefully have the 2.8 outta there soon. The late model Troopers share a lot of similarities with the VehiCROSS. Anyway, the Planet is the place. :thumbup:

http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/

Bart

djvx
10/13/2009, 07:41 PM
Thanks pb/gas. I didnt know the trooper had the 3.5 like the vx. Does this mean I can be less concerned about replacing my vx engine since there should be a fair amount of trooper engines out there... I always thought we were kinda screwed if our motors blew.God I'm still worried about my vx engine...such a bummer worrying its gonna blow. And little did I know that used car prices would drop beyond belief a year after I got it. I paid a fortune for it and I see what $11,000 could get me now its unreal. But nothing touches the VX koolness.

nfpgasmask
10/13/2009, 08:09 PM
Thanks pb/gas. I didnt know the trooper had the 3.5 like the vx. Does this mean I can be less concerned about replacing my vx engine since there should be a fair amount of trooper engines out there... I always thought we were kinda screwed if our motors blew.God I'm still worried about my vx engine...such a bummer worrying its gonna blow. And little did I know that used car prices would drop beyond belief a year after I got it. I paid a fortune for it and I see what $11,000 could get me now its unreal. But nothing touches the VX koolness.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for my $3,000 VX. :) I think it will happen, someday.

I am not 100% positive, but I do think the 3.5 from a late model Trooper should work in the VX.

But it makes me wonder, has anyone ever just had their VX engine rebuilt? I mean, the moment you hear your motor knocking, you should probably stop driving it. And then I would think you could have the motor pulled and take it to a good machine shop for rebuilding, right?

Bart

BigSwede
10/14/2009, 07:13 AM
I used to have a 99 Trooper :yesy: ...whaddya wanna know?