PDA

View Full Version : Has this happened to any other Proton owners? I can't be alone in this.

Osteomata
10/05/2009, 02:42 PM
So, obviously I drive a Proton.
There are a lot SUV taxi's in Miami Beach, all of them yellowish with black trim.
You see where I'm going with this right?

Crazy woman hailed me at a stop light. Aggresively hailed me. I could not figure out what the heck she was doing, waiving and nodding at me from the side walk, then walking across the street, crossing in front of me and making eye contact. I nodded to her, thinking she was just a paranoid pedestrian that needed to make sure the car she was about to walk in front of saw her. Apparently nodding at her merely confirmed to her that I was open for business. So she tries to open my back passenger door. :bwgy: I had to roll down the window and let he know "I'm not a taxi" to get her to stop patting down my car for a mystery door handle.

circmand
10/05/2009, 02:53 PM
There are a lot SUV taxi's in Miami Beach, all of them yellowish with black trim.

Crazy woman hailed me at a stop light. Aggresively hailed me. I could not figure out what the heck she was doing, waiving and nodding at me from the side walk, then walking across the street, crossing in front of me and making eye contact. I nodded to her, thinking she was just a paranoid pedestrian that needed to make sure the car she was about to walk in front of saw her. Apparently nodding at her merely her confirmed that I was open for business. So she tries to open my back passenger door. :bwgy: I had to roll down the window and let he know "I'm not a taxi" to get her to stop patting down my car for a mystery door handle.

Only in Miami

ZEUS
10/05/2009, 02:53 PM
WTF? Seriously, was she blonde... I mean blind?

johnnyapollo
10/05/2009, 06:00 PM
That got me rolling...

Osteomata
10/05/2009, 06:14 PM
My wife points out that the intersection at which this event occured is next to a building with a lot of doctors that perform out patient minor surgery, and she theorizes the taxi hailer as still under the influence of a bit of special medicine. Could be. Crazy though.

Gussie2000
10/05/2009, 06:37 PM
My wife points out that the intersection at which this event occured is next to a building with a lot of doctors that perform out patient minor surgery, and she theorizes the taxi hailer as still under the influence of a bit of special medicine. Could be. Crazy though.

OS you got me rolling all over my room,my friend were looking at me like : WTF :confused:

So down in florida your horse is called TaxiCROSS :p

You really don't wanna drive in downtown manhattan;OS the city is full of them

Riff Raff
10/05/2009, 07:00 PM
Hmmm; sorry Os, that must just be a FL (and possibly a NY) thing. Here in WA State, we don't have SUV taxi's; although we do have yellow Crown Vic taxi's (a company called "Yellow Cab"; go figure), with 99.99% of the taxi driver's here wearing some sort of Middle-Eastern turbin on their heads and speak in very hard to understand Middle-Eastern language dialects. I've discovered that U.S. Military personnel quickly get upset with these specific taxi driver's easily sending the G.I. into a full-blown rage of violant anger. Very puzzling.

I am a bit jealous that you have women on the sidewalk trying to flag you down and attempt to climb in your VX. I truly wish I had that problem. The only wave I've gotten from women lately is with one finger and a scoul on their face. I truly envy your troubles (hmmm; now where did I put that magnetic "TAXI" sign placcard-- ah yes, here it is).:bgwo:

Osteomata
10/05/2009, 07:44 PM
Well, I think the prevalence of SUV taxis (mainly Ford Explorers) has to do with the nature of Miami Beach: A whole lot of tourists flying into MIA with a lot of luggage and immediately heading to the beach for a hotel stay. Can you imagine the percentage of inbound MIA people that are here strictly for toursism? So, with all that luggage, traditional taxi trunks won't cut it. I don't quite understand why there are not more min-vans as opposed to SUVs (there are a few, but not nearly as many as there are SUVs).

Gussie2000
10/05/2009, 08:08 PM
Hmmm; sorry Os, that must just be a FL (and possibly a NY) thing. Here in WA State, we don't have SUV taxi's; although we do have yellow Crown Vic taxi's (a company called "Yellow Cab"; go figure), with 99.99% of the taxi driver's here wearing some sort of Middle-Eastern turbin on their heads and speak in very hard to understand Middle-Eastern language dialects. I've discovered that U.S. Military personnel quickly get upset with these specific taxi driver's easily sending the G.I. into a full-blown rage of violant anger. Very puzzling.

I am a bit jealous that you have women on the sidewalk trying to flag you down and attempt to climb in your VX. I truly wish I had that problem. The only wave I've gotten from women lately is with one finger and a scoul on their face. I truly envy your troubles (hmmm; now where did I put that magnetic "TAXI" sign placcard-- ah yes, here it is).:bgwo:

I will have to consider painting my shiny astral in yellow if florida becomes my home.
:bgwb:

handeeman
10/06/2009, 07:42 AM
Only in Miami

WTF? Seriously, was she blonde... I mean blind?

That got me rolling...

Doin some serious cackling here....Proton/Taxi.....lol...lol.....
Let's See :
JohnnyA'sTaxi
T4BTaxi
OsteoTaxi
Travelin2Taxi
and my all time favorite...fuzzyTaxi

WormGod
10/06/2009, 07:52 AM
Reminds me of the day some dude dressed in tights slid in through my passenger side window at a light and said "Holy Vampire Frog! Wrong vehicle!".... and jumped back out.

http://www.hecklerspray.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/robin_01.jpg

:p

tom4bren
10/06/2009, 09:56 AM

Crazy woman hailed me at a stop light. Aggresively hailed me. I could not figure out what the heck she was doing, waiving and nodding at me from the side walk, then walking across the street, crossing in front of me and making eye contact. I nodded to her, thinking she was just a paranoid pedestrian that needed to make sure the car she was about to walk in front of saw her. Apparently nodding at her merely confirmed to her that I was open for business. So she tries to open my back passenger door. :bwgy: I had to roll down the window and let he know "I'm not a taxi" to get her to stop patting down my car for a mystery door handle.

Maybe you need to put on tires with a more agressive tread. Can't remember the last time I saw a taxi with MTs.:yes:

PHO2GR4
10/07/2009, 10:44 AM
Fan-freakin'-tastic. I was just in NYC and saw a LOT of SUV taxis. I'd never confuse those with a VX, though. Can you imagine some fat tourist trying to get into the back seat?!? And it would only hold a couple of suitcases at most... ;)