PDA

View Full Version : Bitten by a Camera

Chopper
10/03/2009, 03:38 PM
Yup....they put in a new camera in my area....several. I'm contributing 125 dollars to my towns new civic slushfund. I was guilty. I cannot complain. I sped up to make the light, the yellow was very short...and I'm guilty:o No dancing nanners here

Scott Harness
10/03/2009, 05:15 PM
Yup....they put in a new camera in my area....several. I'm contributing 125 dollars to my towns new civic slushfund. I was guilty. I cannot complain. I sped up to make the light, the yellow was very short...and I'm guilty:o No dancing nanners here

I got bite once... $75...The letter said I ran the light by 3/10 of a second.:madb:

VX KAT
10/03/2009, 05:44 PM
The unmanned photo radar sites have just taken off in AZ this past 2 yrs...some dude in Phoenix wears a giraffe or other animal costume as he zooms through them....can't give him a ticket 'cuz the pic taken can't prove it was him. He was on the news about 2 weeks ago all but admitting it's him...has racked up like 90 violations according to the police. Also there's been publicity about one particular judge in Phoenix who routinely throws out the violations...can't recall the legal theory he cites but everybody loves that judge!

Hubby (Mr. Councilman now, dontcha know!) was talking to our town's magistrate/judge this week....she says it's highly likely it's going to end up on the state's ballot....so these things will hopefully be voted out of use!

I have mixed feelings....I've had my share of speeding tickets and, like, Chopper, I was guilty, but these automated ones are just cash cows and the towns need money....I see both sides of the issue.

Gussie2000
10/03/2009, 07:47 PM
The unmanned photo radar sites have just taken off in AZ this past 2 yrs...some dude in Phoenix wears a giraffe or other animal costume as he zooms through them....can't give him a ticket 'cuz the pic taken can't prove it was him. He was on the news about 2 weeks ago all but admitting it's him...has racked up like 90 violations according to the police. Also there's been publicity about one particular judge in Phoenix who routinely throws out the violations...can't recall the legal theory he cites but everybody loves that judge!

Hubby (Mr. Councilman now, dontcha know!) was talking to our town's magistrate/judge this week....she says it's highly likely it's going to end up on the state's ballot....so these things will hopefully be voted out of use!

I have mixed feelings....I've had my share of speeding tickets and, like, Chopper, I was guilty, but these automated ones are just cash cows and the towns need money....I see both sides of the issue.

Tickets are unevitable as long as we drive a vehicule,intentionally or no we always fail to obey the traffic laws.

I got one a by this rookie PO who issue a non-seat belt while i was exiting a parkway here in NYC.the problem the PO face is that he saw me without the seat belt @ a stop sign,waiting for the vehicule ahead to move which means my vehicule wasn't in motion at the time so there's no possible traffic moving violation if vehicule weren't in motion,plus he mispell my last name on the ticket & because all oficial paperwork must not show any sort of mistakes the judge is more likely to dismiss it.

He also missed the fact the here in NYC vehicules with commercial tags ( i was driving my company's patrol with NJ CDL tags ) aren't allowed to be on parkways at all.

Y33TREKker
10/04/2009, 09:22 AM
Tickets are unevitable as long as we drive a vehicule,intentionally or no we always fail to obey the traffic laws.

I got one a by this rookie PO who issue a non-seat belt while i was exiting a parkway here in NYC.the problem the PO face is that he saw me without the seat belt @ a stop sign,waiting for the vehicule ahead to move which means my vehicule wasn't in motion at the time so there's no possible traffic moving violation if vehicule weren't in motion,plus he mispell my last name on the ticket & because all oficial paperwork must not show any sort of mistakes the judge is more likely to dismiss it.

He also missed the fact the here in NYC vehicules with commercial tags ( i was driving my company's patrol with NJ CDL tags ) aren't allowed to be on parkways at all.
Please correct me if I'm wrong and misreading this, but are you saying that even though you are aware of the rules of the road in your state(s) (seatbelts, and operating a commercial vehicle on a parkway), you simply chose to disregard them, and rather than obeying those rules (which to me personally seem inconsequential enough) and owning up to the choices you made, find it easier in the long-run to try to play the system to try to have the ticket dismissed because of technicalities - resulting in the waste of officials time and taxpayer dollars in the process?

And some are so quick to place blame and wonder about the causes of the inefficiency of govenrment...

Don't get me wrong, if you don't want to wear a seatbelt, that's your choice, and so is disregarding state law (and company policy?) by driving a vehicle where you shouldn't be, but if you're going to do that, causing tax dollars to be wasted in the process, I would like to suggest that we here at VehiCross.info had better just never hear you complaining about the condition of the roads or any increases in taxes in your area. :p

rowhard
10/04/2009, 12:03 PM
Please correct me if I'm wrong and misreading this, but are you saying that even though you are aware of the rules of the road in your state(s) (seatbelts, and operating a commercial vehicle on a parkway), you simply chose to disregard them, and rather than obeying those rules (which to me personally seem inconsequential enough) and owning up to the choices you made, find it easier in the long-run to try to play the system to try to have the ticket dismissed because of technicalities - resulting in the waste of officials time and taxpayer dollars in the process?

And some are so quick to place blame and wonder about the causes of the inefficiency of govenrment...

Don't get me wrong, if you don't want to wear a seatbelt, that's your choice, and so is disregarding state law (and company policy?) by driving a vehicle where you shouldn't be, but if you're going to do that, causing tax dollars to be wasted in the process, I would like to suggest that we here at VehiCross.info had better just never hear you complaining about the condition of the roads or any increases in taxes in your area. :p

hear hear

psychos2
10/04/2009, 03:28 PM

I agree ,I third that. shawn

circmand
10/04/2009, 03:29 PM
why should i wear a seatbelt but a motor cyle rider does not need a helmet. What does the height of handle bars have to do with operating a motorcycle, Why is the owner responsible for a photo violation if they cannot prove who was operating.

Post your favorite stupid law here.

nfpgasmask
10/04/2009, 07:12 PM
Yup, I got snagged in Chicago once back in 05. If you have ever been to Chicago then you know the yellow lights last about 1 second. It's freakin' BS. Pretty soon the whole damn country is gonna be like that. We might as well drive go carts.

:_brickwal Bart

Gussie2000
10/04/2009, 07:48 PM

Sorry dude.

But for the amount of taxes i pay as a single male with no kids claiming 0 on my w2 form i don;t see why i shouln't get that taxes working for me once in a while...

The NYPD here has some sort of grudge against security officers,months ago one of our security officer was ticketed because his patrol squad had a blown daylight bulb,all the PO had to do is to warn the security officer about the issue,instead he wrote the ticket just to show the security officer that he's the good guy;It's obvious that the squad is not belongs to the S/O & the blown bulb could easely blow away while on duty.
Then the company had a hearing requested,the general supervisor ( former LAPD ) who went to court with the ticketed S/O for the hearing saw the same PO talking on the cellphone days after he issued the ticket & took a video with the security squad's recording device.

That day at the court house the general supervisor showed the jugde the video,then the general supervisor asked the P.O " Wearing a NYPD badge while talking on your phone with the squad in motion makes you a safer driver then my security officer with a blown headlight bulb ,isn't?....................following that the ticket was dismissed inmediately because of the P.O action the ticket was morally meanless.

Here in NYC ALL drivers,( please read again ) ALL drivers,including PD's commits traffic violations,you can caught them eaten their dunky donuts bagel with egg & cheese & drinking coffee with the squad while doing U turns,,talking on their cellphones,with blown head lights bulbs & even with the head lights completely OFF,with broken tail or signal lights.

That situation is common here so your judgement about me violating traffic laws does mean that much to me.

A matter of fact me driving on a parkway with CDL tags isn't life treatening situation,plus i wasn't aware before handing the PO the registation that the squad i was driving that day had NJ CDL tags.

Another fact that this PO forgets is that the job the security officers does helps a lot of situations & incidents from happening that could easly ended up in tragedy & taxes my friend doesn't pay for that

Many security officers have been killed doing they job ( do you remember the jew holocaust museum in washington,DC where a security officer were killed )

Even though security officers aren't law enforcement officials we basically does the same job a PD does,which is to protect & serve.Whenever you walk into your bank to do business & there's a S/O looking after you remember he may give his own life to protect your from being hurt & your taxes doesn't pay for that.

And as for the bumpy streets here in NYC let me share a tip with you.To cross over the george washington brigde cost $ 8.00,to cross the verrazano bridge cost $ 11.00,the holland tunnel cost you $ 6.50,to cross the whitestone bridge cost $5.50,to crossover the triboro bridge cost $5.50 And if you drive on any of those bridges you will encounter the worst bumps in the whole of NYC.

Only in NYC you can find bumps intentionally placed on highways & expressways to slow down drivers

Enough for today.

pbkid
10/04/2009, 08:20 PM
i personally think its a load of crap, the traffic lights...

in this nation we are supposed to be able to 'face our accuser', but its awful hard to face a camera. obviously it captures the truth and thats why it hasnt been challenged, but i guess i just think it isnt fair.

Gussie2000
10/04/2009, 08:47 PM

in this nation we are supposed to be able to 'face our accuser', but its awful hard to face a camera. obviously it captures the truth and thats why it hasnt been challenged, but i guess i just think it isnt fair.

Here in NYC there's a very busy place called queens boulevard which host a good bunch of those traffic cameras.the traffic lights at those camera locations change as fast a blink of a eye,because of the poor behavior behind the wheel of almost every NYC driver the cameras can be seen working at full thrust,flashing like they were going bananas.
My brother-in-law to be was once caught around 5:30 am on his pathfinder after dropping my sister to work.i sincerely laught at him after looking at the traffic violation letter notice mailed to him two weeks after with a pic of the camera shoot taken that day.

The shoot was pretty clean & smooth,he was the only car during the moment the camera got him.

He got somehow pissed at me when i told him : greg,that shoot seems to be taken by a professional paparazzi for a magazine........you look very sharp LOL :p

Anita
10/04/2009, 09:53 PM
Got caught by one of those laser guns by a motorcycle office sitting in a private resident's driveway, behind a tree. Doesnt matter that I was going with the flow of traffic. I was just the happy license plate that he aimed at.

This means war. I downloaded Trapster (trapster.com) to my iphone and i report the location of every permanent traffic camera, mobile camera, every officer in hiding, every car pulled over. And in return I get a warning vocal signal on my iphone for every reported trap. So far it works amazingly well.

I will be the champion of knowing where the men and women in blue are. :madb:

psychos2
10/05/2009, 04:46 AM
If you obey the laws you will not get tickets. If you do not obey the laws and get a ticket I do not feel sorry for you. If I am speeding and get a ticket it is my fault and I take responsibility for my actions , it is part of being an adult. If my light is out and I get a ticket it is my fault not the cops. I hate to here people complain that they broke the law and should not have gotten a ticket. What did you think was going to happen. shawn

circmand
10/05/2009, 07:25 AM
If you obey the laws you will not get tickets. If you do not obey the laws and get a ticket I do not feel sorry for you. If I am speeding and get a ticket it is my fault and I take responsibility for my actions , it is part of being an adult. If my light is out and I get a ticket it is my fault not the cops. I hate to here people complain that they broke the law and should not have gotten a ticket. What did you think was going to happen. shawn

The cop pulls you over if you are a sweet young thing and cry a bit you get a warning, if you have a cool car you can get a warning (happened to me) If the cop has a bad day you do not get a warning. Lets not pretend the justice system is any way just or fair.

nfpgasmask
10/05/2009, 09:08 AM

I agree, but I don't think it is a question of fairness. It's just the whole "big brother is watching" thing to me. Sooner or later, the government will be watching EVERYTHING you do. We'll be lucky if we can still maintain privacy in our own homes. :rolleyes:

Bart

Y33TREKker
10/05/2009, 01:31 PM
Sorry dude.

But for the amount of taxes i pay as a single male with no kids claiming 0 on my w2 form i don;t see why i shouln't get that taxes working for me once in a while...
All I was saying is that if you wanted all those tax dollars to work for you as efficiently as possible, you could be helping the process with the choices you make in the first place. I have to say though, if you are going to try to validate breaking laws (stupid or not) simply because you think everyone else does it, it could be debated as to whether you even are choosing for yourself what you are doing.

But, it's not for anyone here to judge. For the most part though, it would seem that a person and the choices they make in matters such as this would fall into either one of two categories: a part of the problem, or a part of the solution. So at this point, here is a choice you can make. If you had to make an objective choice after reading what you've written here, on which side of that dilemna do you imagine you would currently be found? If you aren't currently on the side of the dilemna that you would like to be, what could you do from now on to get there?

Who knows, if the government officials in your area weren't having their time wasted (and in effect your tax dollars via their salaries) discussing technicalities in court, maybe that saved taxation money could instead then be used for road repairs, and you wouldn't be having to pay; $8.00 to cross the George Washington, $11.00 to cross the Verrazano, $6.50 to use the Holland Tunnel, etc, etc, etc...

circmand
10/05/2009, 02:31 PM
All I was saying is that if you wanted all those tax dollars to work for you as efficiently as possible, you could be helping the process with the choices you make in the first place. I have to say though, if you are going to try to validate breaking laws (stupid or not) simply because you think everyone else does it, it could be debated as to whether you even are choosing for yourself what you are doing.

But, it's not for anyone here to judge. For the most part though, it would seem that a person and the choices they make in matters such as this would fall into either one of two categories: a part of the problem, or a part of the solution. So at this point, here is a choice you can make. If you had to make an objective choice after reading what you've written here, on which side of that dilemna do you imagine you would currently be found? If you aren't currently on the side of the dilemna that you would like to be, what could you do from now on to get there?

Who knows, if the government officials in your area weren't having their time wasted (and in effect your tax dollars via their salaries) discussing technicalities in court, maybe that saved taxation money could instead then be used for road repairs, and you wouldn't be having to pay; $8.00 to cross the George Washington, $11.00 to cross the Verrazano, $6.50 to use the Holland Tunnel, etc, etc, etc...

But between 28% federal tax on my income, 7% sales tax on what I spend plus sin tax on cigarettes and and alchohol, plus state tax, city tax, home owners tax, school tax (no kids) I figure over 50% of what I make goes straight to the gvt. Add to that the bottom 20% income earners pay no federal tax, get welfare, get food stamps, etc I am more than paying for much more than I am getting and they are paying far less than they are recieving. The great traffic camers grab is just another step in the government trying to get more money to give away to special interests or to get votes to stay in power. To argue that the law ids the law and we should follow it no matter what is the same idea that keeps Cubans under Castro and Russians under the CZARs. We would still be subjects under British rule if we blindly stumbled around accepting what other people tell us we should do for our own good. The Gvmt is already trying to control what cars we should drive and is attempting to control what health care we should receive. Frankly given that the retards we have in govt. have yet to create a program that actually works I do not think we should blindly follow them. And do not try to argue that I should vote against the people in the next election. Given my one vote versus the votes millions of morons who are so stupid they believe the politician who tells them he/she is going to make things better.

ZEUS
10/05/2009, 02:51 PM
(Rubs hand together)This is gettin good! Keep 'em coming!

psychos2
10/05/2009, 03:51 PM
The cop pulls you over if you are a sweet young thing and cry a bit you get a warning, if you have a cool car you can get a warning (happened to me) If the cop has a bad day you do not get a warning. Lets not pretend the justice system is any way just or fair.

No you are wrong. What I said had nothing to do with if you were pretty or not. I said "If you obey the laws you will not get tickets." WHICH IS TRUE.I also said " If you do not obey the laws and get a ticket I do not feel sorry for you." WHICH IS ALSO TRUE. And I also said " If I am speeding and get a ticket it is my fault and I take responsibility for my actions , it is part of being an adult." WHICH IS ALSO TRUE. And I also said" If my light is out and I get a ticket it is my fault not the cops." TRUE AGAIN. And finally I said"I hate to here people complain that they broke the law and should not have gotten a ticket. What did you think was going to happen." ALSO TRUE. So I did not make one false statement. Which is also true. Hope this clears up any misunderstanding. shawn

Y33TREKker
10/05/2009, 04:04 PM
But between 28% federal tax on my income....
If you're going to seriously try to equate the laws being discussed in this thread (traffic laws specifically) and the consequences of not obeying them (cash penalties) with the potential consequences of not accepting and following the laws set forth by dictators and imperial rule in various foreign countries (past and present), I'm not sure where the discussion can really go from here.

And besides, before we get too far off topic by starting to place that blame I mentioned earlier, the camera issue still boils down to the simple fact that if you don't want a fine sent to you from one of them, don't give it a reason to take your picture in the first place.

As for all the rest, I'm not sure what good trying to nitpick what I say here is going to do. If you're that unhappy with the way things are, I suppose I'd just suggest writing your local congressman of choice and telling HIM what you think. That too is a matter of choice. You can choose to be one of two things, active, or re-active.

Gussie2000
10/05/2009, 08:00 PM
The problem in this country is that the goverment keeps passing bills that keeps squeezing your way of life more & more.

You become are robot programmed just to wake up,take a shower,have breakfast,head out to work,make the money to fullfill the billionaire deficit gap & get your ***** back home without complaining if your paycheck is enough to put a plate of food over your table when the day is over.

In the name of national security your conversations & movements are under scrutiny every second,Here in NYC your are recorded about 300 times a day where ever you go.

Police men killed a young man by mistake sitting inside his car with more then 50 bullets without the guy ever been armed,the young man celebrating with friends his wedding the following day at a club that was under investigation for drug trades & the PD's were all released of all charges,How that young man familly could ever believe in justice again in a country where we all believe was build on justice for all regardless of what.

Sometimes people ask me why is it in my native country people are all against the goverment & every day they protesting throwing stones at police,burning tires & marching all the time;My answer : because they believe in justice & they'll fight & dye for it.My question to you is when last you protested for your rights ?

Goverment protects its officials when they do mistakes,but you will be well punished if you happens to make one.
Here we don't even try to make the goverment rectify their mistakes,we just swallow what ever they think is right for us even though we don't approve it or neither need none of it because we all too busy living the american dream.

I'm not trying to justify my wrong actions as driver,but there's no such as perfect driver anyhow,but if you as a law enforcement official are commiting the same infractions as well as me you shouldn't be wearing a uniform at all.

And how our taxes can be better spent i think afganistan & iraq is the best way to show you how good they all spending our taxes.
While 40 millions of people here in the US are all out of health insurance coverage we all saw US chief commander in afganistan asking for more troops ( and more taxes to be spend ) to protect afganistan citizens.That is how you believe your taxes should be spent ? I trully don't think my taxes should go to afganistan,iraq o any where but right here.

I believe in justice as the better path to provide peace,but only when is honestly applied.

It's time for bed

Y33TREKker
10/06/2009, 07:49 AM
The problem in this country is...
I'm fairly sure that no country is perfect, and that if you were to ask any resident of any current country, you'd get a confirmation of that opinion in some way or another.

Imagining the worst as the reason for traffic cameras is just one way to look at it though. It could also be imagined that the reason for needing additional traffic cameras is because more and more people are adopting the philosophy that it's not necessary to follow the rules of the road because they think no one else does either.

As far as the subject of traffic cameras goes though, I'd think by now that all of us as VX drivers would be well used to having our driving habits routinely scrutinized by everyone within viewing distance anyway, and not wanting to defame the mystique of the VX for all other owners, would have started driving accordingly since taking ownership.

WormGod
10/06/2009, 07:59 AM
"A" new camera? Come on down to the DC area. We have redlight cams and speeding cams on nearly every block. It's absurd.

circmand
10/06/2009, 08:15 AM
Our local govt just approved these as well but due to people uprising the contract will not be renewed. There are judges throwing all cases out due to illegal nature of these. Ifthat is the case here and law is correct why is it not illegal elsewhere. On top of that they mount cameras on cop cars. Thes $50,000 cop cars are sitting at the side of the road with cameras on them. This is a waste of money. The reason for govt are listed in the constitution. No where is it listed screwing citizens out of their hard earned money. If safety is the factor here than these do not do anything. They secretly catch you and you do not know about it for weeks. A cop prescence will get you to slow down being pulled over will make you think a ticket weeks later does nothing. And if cops can pick and choose who to ticket is is not a just system.

ZEUS
10/06/2009, 08:27 AM
Gus, I was with you most the way until you brought up Afganistan. As a New Yorker, you should know very well how people in Afganistan can affect your way of life in this country. Would you rather spend less taxes so that an Army of idiots can attack your city again? Iraq... different story that should have not been told. ...another blemish in America's history. Afganistan though, is a hotbed for people making efforts to destroy your right to be a programmed robot.

BTW, what is your native country?

Oh, and I protest every day for my right to not wear a seatbelt! :)
The problem in this country is that the goverment keeps passing bills that keeps squeezing your way of life more & more.

You become are robot programmed just to wake up,take a shower,have breakfast,head out to work,make the money to fullfill the billionaire deficit gap & get your ***** back home without complaining if your paycheck is enough to put a plate of food over your table when the day is over.

In the name of national security your conversations & movements are under scrutiny every second,Here in NYC your are recorded about 300 times a day where ever you go.

Police men killed a young man by mistake sitting inside his car with more then 50 bullets without the guy ever been armed,the young man celebrating with friends his wedding the following day at a club that was under investigation for drug trades & the PD's were all released of all charges,How that young man familly could ever believe in justice again in a country where we all believe was build on justice for all regardless of what.

Sometimes people ask me why is it in my native country people are all against the goverment & every day they protesting throwing stones at police,burning tires & marching all the time;My answer : because they believe in justice & they'll fight & dye for it.My question to you is when last you protested for your rights ?

Goverment protects its officials when they do mistakes,but you will be well punished if you happens to make one.
Here we don't even try to make the goverment rectify their mistakes,we just swallow what ever they think is right for us even though we don't approve it or neither need none of it because we all too busy living the american dream.

I'm not trying to justify my wrong actions as driver,but there's no such as perfect driver anyhow,but if you as a law enforcement official are commiting the same infractions as well as me you shouldn't be wearing a uniform at all.

And how our taxes can be better spent i think afganistan & iraq is the best way to show you how good they all spending our taxes.
While 40 millions of people here in the US are all out of health insurance coverage we all saw US chief commander in afganistan asking for more troops ( and more taxes to be spend ) to protect afganistan citizens.That is how you believe your taxes should be spent ? I trully don't think my taxes should go to afganistan,iraq o any where but right here.

I believe in justice as the better path to provide peace,but only when is honestly applied.

It's time for bed

Y33TREKker
10/06/2009, 09:23 AM
...They secretly catch you and you do not know about it for weeks.
Catch you doing what?

...A cop prescence will get you to slow down
Slow down from what?

...And if cops can pick and choose who to ticket is is not a just system.
Well having once been picked out of a group of cars all doing the same speed, and ticketed (I believe) because of the type of car I happened to be driving at the time, I would agree with you there in part. But as unjust as I found that particular instance, it still didn't change the fact that all of the cars in said group were in actuality speeding at the time. So while I was left to ponder why it had been me specifically the officer had chosen to single out of the group and ticket, I still had no one to blame but myself for speeding in the first place.

circmand
10/06/2009, 02:20 PM
Catch you doing what? Exceeding what some city flunky decides is the proper speed and running short yellow lights

Slow down from what? Higher speed

Well having once been picked out of a group of cars all doing the same speed, and ticketed (I believe) because of the type of car I happened to be driving at the time, I would agree with you there in part. But as unjust as I found that particular instance, it still didn't change the fact that all of the cars in said group were in actuality speeding at the time. So while I was left to ponder why it had been me specifically the officer had chosen to single out of the group and ticket, I still had no one to blame but myself for speeding in the first place.

Actually I was let go because the cop thought my Jensne Healey was totally awesome and he said he would have been hauling too with the top down on a bright sunny day. Doing 85 in a 65

Whether I got off or was speeding if you allow machines to secretly tape or record it is a violation of my rights. And obeying every law because some idiot convinced a buch idiots to vote for them is wrong. How about the next step HOAs that tax you and fine you because your house is the wrong color white? I owned the place prior to the HOA but because others built around me and voted for an HOA I had to obey their rules and the govt enforces it.

VX KAT
10/06/2009, 02:58 PM
Gus, BTW, what is your native country?
)

I'm pretty sure Gussie's said in the past & his profile says he's from Venezuela.

ZEUS
10/06/2009, 03:35 PM
That explains the accent! :P

Chopper
10/06/2009, 05:02 PM
A year or two ago around here, when a light turned green, you'd better count to three, then look left and right.....then procede cautiously. Redlights were being run @ three and four seconds after turning. We were having grinding accidents almost daily at a couple of intersections. Alot of our residents are elderly, and nearly every light in this town, is less than three years old (Now they're everywhere) It's been a rapid change for sure.....but in a couple months these cameras have all but stopped the running of lights.....I am not opposed to these controls at all. I got a ticket for something I DID do....no whining here. In this case, they are saving lives and property, and making some folks drop a buck in the jar for being careless:bgwo:

Gussie2000
10/06/2009, 05:21 PM
Gus, I was with you most the way until you brought up Afganistan. As a New Yorker, you should know very well how people in Afganistan can affect your way of life in this country. Would you rather spend less taxes so that an Army of idiots can attack your city again? Iraq... different story that should have not been told. ...another blemish in America's history. Afganistan though, is a hotbed for people making efforts to destroy your right to be a programmed robot.

BTW, what is your native country?

Oh, and I protest every day for my right to not wear a seatbelt! :)

I got you zeus,but i stronlgy believe we should spend that money in security by reinforcing the borders here,not out there.!

We got to recall that the great russian army went in there & they give up.these afgan fighters will never give up the fight.

The afgan people are all warriors,that country have been invaded by all empires & kingdoms since ever & none never succeeded to conquer that hostile land.

Here in NYC,theres' places where you can walk or drive & other places you can't even look at all in low manhattan

On the train stations travelers whom use amtrax,the long island rail road & metronorth are all being watch by hi-tech CCTV systems,checking for suspicious movements while maddoff was walking out thru the doors at his business with millions in hard earned dollars by citizens who trusted him.I wonder how come,with so much security down there no body saw Mr maddoff.

If the constitution of the US says that you have the right & the freedom to transit where ever you want why is it that i can't drive thru exchange place,wall street or lafayette street at all where the biggest scam of all times took place with fanny may,AIG & madoff and now all citizens are paying for their mistakes ? How come i became a threat to those whom asked ( or forced ) me to bail them out ?

Beside that you can see dozens of policemen guarding the wall street area & who pays for that ? AIG ? fanny may ? maddoff ?

That means these BIG TIME guys are all enjoying the protection with NYC taxes while you can read in the new york times on a daily basis how many MTA commuters were robbed by lowlife thugs on the train stations that travels thru the poor neighbors because the lack of police presence (and cameras);That's very funny isn't ?

Mayor bloomberg proudly claims how NYC is safe while walking thru harlem or east new york in brooklyn can be more dangerous then walking alone in the congo with hungry lions hunting you down.

Upsss ! my little puddle is hungry too ! :p

Y33TREKker
10/06/2009, 05:23 PM
Whether I got off or was speeding...
Those were actually rhetorical questions.

But I have to say that if you've ever read a comment I've made here where I claimed to be some high-up governmental official that could fix all of your official problems (neighborhood-wide, city-wide, etc, etc) if I just knew what they were, I'd like to see a printed copy of the remark, signed, dated, and notarized, then sent to me in triplicate via registered courier, because I surely don't recall ever having made such a comment. (Even though the way I just phrased that probably just made me sound exactly what I'm claiming NOT to be. :p )

I mean, I sincerely empathize will all the BS some are expected to put up with these days, but are we still talking about traffic cameras...or what?

Gussie2000
10/06/2009, 05:44 PM
I'm not against cameras to monitor certain activities.

Actually i was gonna get one my self to prove my girlfriend that at night while she's sleeping her knee punches me,but she keeps bringing up the privacy policy bill :p

circmand
10/06/2009, 10:40 PM
Those were actually rhetorical questions.

But I have to say that if you've ever read a comment I've made here where I claimed to be some high-up governmental official that could fix all of your official problems (neighborhood-wide, city-wide, etc, etc) if I just knew what they were, I'd like to see a printed copy of the remark, signed, dated, and notarized, then sent to me in triplicate via registered courier, because I surely don't recall ever having made such a comment. (Even though the way I just phrased that probably just made me sound exactly what I'm claiming NOT to be. :p )

I mean, I sincerely empathize will all the BS some are expected to put up with these days, but are we still talking about traffic cameras...or what?

I read this several times not sure what you meant to say

Y33TREKker
10/07/2009, 08:50 PM
I read this several times not sure what you meant to say
The rhetorical part meant that I already knew what the answers probably were to the questions I was asking, ie;

"Catch you doing what?" - I already knew that in order to warrant being caught, you probably had to be speeding in the first place.

"Slow down from what?" - A cops' presence getting you to slow down means that you had probably been speeding in the first place, otherwise, why would you feel it necessary to slow down just because a cop was present?

And I seriously wasn't trying to be an *** or anything, merely pointing out the obvious; That if you weren't probably disregarding speed limits in the first place, there would be no reason to "slow down" to avoid being "caught".

I wasn't trying to single you out either, but the way you had phrased your comments (implying innocence of any wrongdoing using the logic that it isn't wrong if everyone else is doing it too) just reminded me of the multitude of people nowadays who knowingly flout laws, but then are quick to start pointing out the injustices in the system when they turn out to be among the unfortunate few who happen to get caught. I mean, how many people have you ever personally heard joke about something "not being illegal if you don't get caught?" Sure, it's usually said in a joking manner, and possibly just said to try to impress, but these days it sure does seem to be a philosophy that more and more people are pushing to see what they can get away with.

Some prime examples of that philosophy taken to extremes were brought up earlier. Bernie Madoff, AIG, Fannie May. You tell me how many insiders there probably were who knew full well that the things they were promoting weren't quite kosher, but rather than follow their conscience, ended up having that inconvenient thought eased out of their minds by all the potential dollar signs flowing in through their eyes?

Anyway, now I'm getting off topic. In the last part of my earlier comment, I was only curious why you kept pointing out to me what you considered injustices regarding the issues of your next step HOA's, etc, and wondering if I had at some point given you the impression that I could officially do anything about them.

While I may agree that some of the rules you listed being decreed by the gov't and your local HOA's aren't quite fair, I just don't see how deciding for yourself that those rules are unfair justifies breaking other rules...rules for example, like...speed limits.

VX KAT
10/07/2009, 10:20 PM
my brain hurts.....:_thinking

tom4bren
10/08/2009, 07:03 AM
"A cops' presence getting you to slow down means that you had probably been speeding in the first place, otherwise, why would you feel it necessary to slow down just because a cop was present?"

Now there's a leap of logic that doesn't translate to the real world. I see it alla time ... peeps driving at or below the speed limit still slow down when they see the POPO.

circmand
10/08/2009, 07:22 AM
The rhetorical part meant that I already knew what the answers probably were to the questions I was asking, ie;

"Slow down from what?" - A cops' presence getting you to slow down means that you had probably been speeding in the first place, otherwise, why would you feel it necessary to slow down just because a cop was present?
mits.

Do not worry I never take offense, However, my first reaction when I see a cop is always to pull my foot of the gas to start slowing down. I have received speeding tickets when not speeding and the judge automatically takes the cops word. One time i had been stuck behind a school bus and while still behing the cop pulls me over for speeding and it was 10 mph under the speed limit. Cop had no radar, no proof but his word and the judge automatically took his lieing words as truth. I think a lot of people of color can tell you they slow down automatically as well. The cold hard facts are cops are no better than anyone else just because they put on a gun and uniform they lie cheat and steal and have no problems doing it. And a good portion have a bully mentality and get off on the power being a cop gives them because no one respects who they are when they do not have a badge and gun. You see it on cop reality shows all the time. Making suspects say sir and maam and move or do things they have no right to tell them to do and just cause they are cops expect everyone to obey them.

I have met some cops that are entirely decent and are doing the job because they want to serve and protect but there are plenty of the other type around and the unions keep the bad examples on the force instead of putting them in prison where they belong. If a cop is suspected of illegal wrong doing in most cases they get more rights than the citizens they are sworn to protect.

Gussie2000
10/08/2009, 08:54 AM

Nevermind ms sue.it's not illegal .......so far LOL

Gussie2000
10/08/2009, 09:58 AM

Nevermind ms sue.it's not illegal .......so far LOL

Gussie2000
10/08/2009, 11:22 AM
Do not worry I never take offense, However, my first reaction when I see a cop is always to pull my foot of the gas to start slowing down. I have received speeding tickets when not speeding and the judge automatically takes the cops word. One time i had been stuck behind a school bus and while still behing the cop pulls me over for speeding and it was 10 mph under the speed limit. Cop had no radar, no proof but his word and the judge automatically took his lieing words as truth. I think a lot of people of color can tell you they slow down automatically as well. The cold hard facts are cops are no better than anyone else just because they put on a gun and uniform they lie cheat and steal and have no problems doing it. And a good portion have a bully mentality and get off on the power being a cop gives them because no one respects who they are when they do not have a badge and gun. You see it on cop reality shows all the time. Making suspects say sir and maam and move or do things they have no right to tell them to do and just cause they are cops expect everyone to obey them.

I have met some cops that are entirely decent and are doing the job because they want to serve and protect but there are plenty of the other type around and the unions keep the bad examples on the force instead of putting them in prison where they belong. If a cop is suspected of illegal wrong doing in most cases they get more rights than the citizens they are sworn to protect.

The severity of the issues that irresponsible drivers brings along the roads can't be solve with traffic tickets in any way.
I believe that if a driver is caught running a traffic,hitting & running,wreckless driving,DWI or DUI several times it should be enough ground to revoke for ever the privilage to drive an motorvehicule again.tickets don't change for better the behavior of people like those behind the wheel.
If are caught driving while talking on your cell,drinking/eating,doing your make up few times it should be enough ground to suspend your license for an good period of time because you're no longer a driver,you became a threat to other driver's life & make sure you would not behind a wheel for that period of time your car should be seize 'till you prove that you are capable of being a good driver.
The goverment has spend millions & millions of $$$ to provide more security against terrorism;On the WTC attack almost 3K of people died,but irresposible drivers has killed more then 5K people during this year & isn't over yet.
Tickets doesn't solve the problem in its root but only to fill the state/city budget gap.

Getting into a wreck because you were on the cell & people get kiiled for that action it shouldn't be considered an accident any more & charge that driver with 2nd degree murder.
I have seen cops writing tickets to drivers for texting or talking,right after the cop release the driver you can see that same driver back on the cell rightaway

Radical problems needs radical solutions because out there's a huge bunch of idiots that doesn't deserve holding a DL at all.

Scott Harness
10/08/2009, 12:34 PM
Radical problems needs radical solutions because out there's a huge bunch of idiots that doesn't deserve holding a DL at all.

x2... plus illegals don't have a license or insurance!
When they have an accident,they get out and run from the scene:upsetgray

circmand
10/08/2009, 01:58 PM
The severity of the issues that irresponsible drivers brings along the roads can't be solve with traffic tickets in any way.
I believe that if a driver is caught running a traffic,hitting & running,wreckless driving,DWI or DUI several times it should be enough ground to revoke for ever the privilage to drive an motorvehicule again.tickets don't change for better the behavior of people like those behind the wheel.
If are caught driving while talking on your cell,drinking/eating,doing your make up few times it should be enough ground to suspend your license for an good period of time because you're no longer a driver,you became a threat to other driver's life & make sure you would not behind a wheel for that period of time your car should be seize 'till you prove that you are capable of being a good driver.
The goverment has spend millions & millions of $$$ to provide more security against terrorism;On the WTC attack almost 3K of people died,but irresposible drivers has killed more then 5K people during this year & isn't over yet.
Tickets doesn't solve the problem in its root but only to fill the state/city budget gap.

Getting into a wreck because you were on the cell & people get kiiled for that action it shouldn't be considered an accident any more & charge that driver with 2nd degree murder.
I have seen cops writing tickets to drivers for texting or talking,right after the cop release the driver you can see that same driver back on the cell rightaway

Under age sex with a minor? We need cameras in everybodys bedroom,
Illegal gambling no playing cards sold or permit required
Hostile workplace- Tape record everybody
Pornography 100% internet spying by the government

Pick your cause and its okay to violate everyones rights but remember the next person may have a problem with something you do and want to watch you more than you would like.

pbkid
10/08/2009, 07:25 PM
and just cause they are cops expect everyone to obey them.

ummmmm........... ya... thats kinda how it works.

thats EXACTLY what your supposed to do... obey them...

ugh. ya.... agreed...

circmand
10/08/2009, 10:57 PM
ummmmm........... ya... thats kinda how it works.

thats EXACTLY what your supposed to do... obey them...

ugh. ya.... agreed...

But their authority does not exceed your rights. The right to remain silent yet they are belligerent and do not respect ones rights. Free speech they yell and scream and when people get upset they say you were uncooperative, yet it is natural to yell back. tell people who are just talking to shut up, abuse them and call them names. And have you ever seen when they bust someone and tell them to get down. The normal way to get down is *** first then roll over. no they do not allow that they pull the persons arms behind them and the fling them face first to the pavement. You see this all the time on cops and other cop reality shows.

psychos2
10/09/2009, 04:43 AM
But their authority does not exceed your rights. The right to remain silent yet they are belligerent and do not respect ones rights. Free speech they yell and scream and when people get upset they say you were uncooperative, yet it is natural to yell back. tell people who are just talking to shut up, abuse them and call them names. And have you ever seen when they bust someone and tell them to get down. The normal way to get down is *** first then roll over. no they do not allow that they pull the persons arms behind them and the fling them face first to the pavement. You see this all the time on cops and other cop reality shows.

It sounds like you make it worse. And as far as watching what they do on cops, what do you expect after they do not cooperate and the cops had to chase them on foot for ten blocks. Or they were just in a high speed chase because they are stupid and think they can flee and escape. If you try to run then you are going to get treated differently. I am not saying all cops are fair and honest, but you make it worse by not cooperating. shawn

circmand
10/09/2009, 07:02 AM
It sounds like you make it worse. And as far as watching what they do on cops, what do you expect after they do not cooperate and the cops had to chase them on foot for ten blocks. Or they were just in a high speed chase because they are stupid and think they can flee and escape. If you try to run then you are going to get treated differently. I am not saying all cops are fair and honest, but you make it worse by not cooperating. shawn

Is for the to behave responsibily. But you make my point, they make some fat *** cop run 10 blocks and they have no problem beating the guy up and we ordinary citizens are supposed to accept that. What is all the training for? The ones I have seen lately the people are not even running it was an undercover drug sting over a nickle bag. They bust down the door yelling at the top of their lungs to get down the guy starts sitting down but this is not enough for the dozen heavily armed cops with bullet proof vests and automatic weapons against a guy weighing 120 pounds who is not armed they pull him up from sitting down and slam him face first into the floor. Videos have shown this one cop strangling an EMT on the scene for helping an accident victim and yelling athim. Other cops have to pull him off yet the police union is fighting for his right to stay a cop. Lets also consider the hundreds of millions of dollars the city of LA has to pay each year for cops abusing their authority. Hey anybody remember Rodney King. Or how about the 50s and 60s when cops were often paid to violently break up civil protests against unions and civil rights. If no one had stood up for the cops we would still have blacks being 2nd class citizens and have very few rights in the work place. Do not confuse the real life cops with what they are supposed to be.

Y33TREKker
10/09/2009, 10:24 AM
Is for the to behave responsibily...
First I should say that I'm proceeding on the assumption that you meant "them", meaning the police or any other security personnel being referred to.

As far as that goes though, we have to remember the steps in which things occur. You ask that security and law enforcement behave responsibly, but a person would never have to worry about "them" behaving responsibly if the person had been behaving responsibly himself in the first place. If that person had been behaving responsibly, they probably wouldn't have encountered the police, etc. to begin with.

If you are going to keep conveniently leaving out the fact that a person having an encounter with a member of any sort of law enforcement in most cases (not all, but most) probably meant that that person was doing something they shouldn't have been doing, then you are back to promoting the idea that it's ok to simply place blame elsewhere instead of admitting personal fault, and accepting responsibility for your own actions and choices.

And while admittedly some of the incidents you've sited sound as if law enforcement in those cases over-reacted, how can anyone reading the examples you provide reach an objective conclusion to those examples without knowing the full context of each situation? Like psychos2 said, no one is saying that all cops are fair and honest, but to assume that all cops are all bad isn't fair or honest either.

How we keep getting from traffic cameras to subjects like this is still a puzzle though.

Y33TREKker
10/09/2009, 10:39 AM
Now there's a leap of logic that doesn't translate to the real world. I see it alla time ... peeps driving at or below the speed limit still slow down when they see the POPO.
Well you'd have to ask each person who slows down because a police car is present and they aren't speeding their reasons for doing so, because the logic behind that escapes me too.

But speaking of translating to the real world, whether you are in a 35 or a 65 mph zone, how often nowadays do you actually find yourself and your peeps driving at or below the speed limit?

pbkid
10/09/2009, 11:04 AM
really circ? you believe everything you see on 'cops'?? do you really think they give you the whole story?
yes, there are time when cops use excessive force and times when they have used it incorrectly.

but its the other side of the story that the news/'cops' doesnt tell you.

ive seen video's in class where the professor will show you: a cop being shot at, then being hit with a baseball hat, then the guy spitting in his face while he talks to him, then the guy kicks the cop in the nuts and takes off running... then the video switches to the same foot chase on 'cops' where the officer finally catches him and throws him down face first and arrests him. so what YOU see is the cop being 'excessive' but really he was using equal, or LESS force than the guy being chased. so people like you get all fired up because his chief is protecting him. get the whole story before you take sides my friend.

you really expect a cop to go to a heavily armed drug dealers house and knock on the door and ask them nicely to please stop what they are doing? thats rediculous! there is EXTENSIVE research done on a situation long before they go kicking in doors. if a team of officers are kicking in a door with bullet proof vests on, there is a damn good reason! drug dealers houses are booby trapped, trip-wired for bombs.... come on man! be realistic.

i had a longer more in-depth version but the site booted me before i could post it

the reason these guys are kicking in doors with bullet-proof vests on is to protect their LIVES! these are the people the work day in and day out to protect your right to walk down the street, and to criticize them.

psychos2
10/09/2009, 02:58 PM
First I should say that I'm proceeding on the assumption that you meant "them", meaning the police or any other security personnel being referred to.

As far as that goes though, we have to remember the steps in which things occur. You ask that security and law enforcement behave responsibly, but a person would never have to worry about "them" behaving responsibly if the person had been behaving responsibly himself in the first place. If that person had been behaving responsibly, they probably wouldn't have encountered the police, etc. to begin with.

If you are going to keep conveniently leaving out the fact that a person having an encounter with a member of any sort of law enforcement in most cases (not all, but most) probably meant that that person was doing something they shouldn't have been doing, then you are back to promoting the idea that it's ok to simply place blame elsewhere instead of admitting personal fault, and accepting responsibility for your own actions and choices.

And while admittedly some of the incidents you've sited sound as if law enforcement in those cases over-reacted, how can anyone reading the examples you provide reach an objective conclusion to those examples without knowing the full context of each situation? Like psychos2 said, no one is saying that all cops are fair and honest, but to assume that all cops are all bad isn't fair or honest either.

How we keep getting from traffic cameras to subjects like this is still a puzzle though.

X2 shawn

psychos2
10/09/2009, 02:59 PM
really circ? you believe everything you see on 'cops'?? do you really think they give you the whole story?
yes, there are time when cops use excessive force and times when they have used it incorrectly.

ive seen video's in class where the professor will show you: a cop being shot at, then being hit with a baseball hat, then the guy spitting in his face while he talks to him, then the guy kicks the cop in the nuts and takes off running... then the video switches to the same foot chase on 'cops' where the officer finally catches him and throws him down face first and arrests him. so what YOU see is the cop being 'excessive' but really he was using equal, or LESS force than the guy being chased. so people like you get all fired up because his chief is protecting him. get the whole story before you take sides my friend.

you really expect a cop to go to a heavily armed drug dealers house and knock on the door and ask them nicely to please stop what they are doing? thats rediculous! there is EXTENSIVE research done on a situation long before they go kicking in doors. if a team of officers are kicking in a door with bullet proof vests on, there is a damn good reason! drug dealers houses are booby trapped, trip-wired for bombs.... come on man! be realistic.

i had a longer more in-depth version but the site booted me before i could post it

the reason these guys are kicking in doors with bullet-proof vests on is to protect their LIVES! these are the people the work day in and day out to protect your right to walk down the street, and to criticize them.

X2 shawn

psychos2
10/09/2009, 03:18 PM
Is for them to behave responsibily. But you make my point, they make some fat *** cop run 10 blocks and they have no problem beating the guy up and we ordinary citizens are supposed to accept that.

My answer would be YES the criminal deserved it. The reason they are being the way they are is because that ***hole just robbed a store or sold drugs to some 16 year old kid or they ran when the cop tried to stop them or they just raped someone or they have a warrant because they didn't appear in court last time they broke the law ETC ETC ETC. These people are supposed to have rights? I think they should have no rights. I think that states should be more like Texas. Or be like other countries , you steal from someone you get your hand chopped off. It all starts when you break the law ,It gets worse when you make it worse. Do you really think that a cop should not give you a ticket because all cops are bad? You should be able to break the law because___________ . Please fill in the blank because I am curious as to why. It is probably because the laws do not apply to you because everyone breaks them so if you get caught you should be let go. Or because you saw someone run tha stop sign yesterday so you should be able to because he didn't get caught so the cop should let you go.
shawn

Gussie2000
10/09/2009, 06:23 PM
My answer would be YES the criminal deserved it. The reason they are being the way they are is because that ***hole just robbed a store or sold drugs to some 16 year old kid or they ran when the cop tried to stop them or they just raped someone or they have a warrant because they didn't appear in court last time they broke the law ETC ETC ETC. These people are supposed to have rights? I think they should have no rights. I think that states should be more like Texas. Or be like other countries , you steal from someone you get your hand chopped off. It all starts when you break the law ,It gets worse when you make it worse. Do you really think that a cop should not give you a ticket because all cops are bad? You should be able to break the law because___________ . Please fill in the blank because I am curious as to why. It is probably because the laws do not apply to you because everyone breaks them so if you get caught you should be let go. Or because you saw someone run tha stop sign yesterday so you should be able to because he didn't get caught so the cop should let you go.
shawn

Well,that sort of situations all are extreme.

I don't believe that a cop,because a robber tried to runaway should be beaten.I say so because when a cop beats a criminal the cop is also commiting a crime.

We all know that many criminals has commited horrible crimes,crimes that blows our imagination,1rst though is that the criminal should be punish by the most severe way,but again,there's when society cross the thin line between applying the law & justifying a horrible punishment that deep in our hearts we all knows it is not the right way to go.

I personally don't justify the fact that if a citizen runs thru stop sign you also go ahead & do it.

Not because another driver gets away without been caught running a traffic light you should go ahead & run it too.

But it's not acceptable under any circunstances that a cop,because he represents the law shall go ahead & kill by rage,lack of common sense during a police action or believes he can get away from wrong proceedures because the union's there to support him,the union's job is not to dismiss any PO wrongfully action.

A guy that runs away from the cops & then surrenders should not be treated the way how many times police officers does which is to have a whole precint dropping their heavy bodies over one single guy like trainning for a football match because the guy decided to run,it's wrong & looks pretty awfull.

Here in NYC a guy with mental issues was actually killed by teasing gun while he was walking over the edge of a roof & felt because the police officers that responded to the call didn't had enough pacience to deal with the guy in that particular situation.
In many ocasion PO's shows how vulnerable they are as human beings,they reacts as one & perfom as one when they can't gain quick control of situations.

However we all should thank those police officers that gives their life to protect & serve,they deserve our respect & gratitude,I can remember few weeks ago there was a broke traffic light @ a very busy intersection,the young police officer controling the traffic flow was standing there in the middle of the road pounded by the 93 degrees of humid summer heat;I was heading to the supermarket to have grab a quick lunch & remember him,i took an extra $ 1,25 out of my pocket & bought a bottle of water,when i approached the intercection where this officer was i told him: officer,wanna share this with you.

The officer was suprised,but showed me his "Thank you" gesture with a shy smile,then saw my uniform & gave me a thumb up.Now,whenever we catch up on the streets he briefly turns on the strobe lights & two honks to say hi.

I have meet great police officers during my job as a security supervisor & develope friendship with many of them.

circmand
10/09/2009, 08:32 PM

what I see video taped and released with the permission of the cops. The cops allow the person to ride with tem and have final approval of everything taped before it is released. So when I see a dozen heavily armed cops in a hotel room and another cop luring one drug dealer in to an adjoining room and the dealer immediately giving up and yet the dozen cops attacking the crook yes the cops are nothing more than a more heavily armed gang that has the judge and attorney general on the payroll that lets them get away with breaking the law. Sure if the dealer has a gun the cops have a right to shoot and kill the dealer but when they shoot unarmed people or murder a groom on his wedding night and the guy had no gun but they pump 50 rounds into the guy. Yeah those cops are butchers and should be given the death penalty. When the shoot a 13 year old inthe back who is running away from them because they are too fat tooo run the unarmed 13 year old down yeah they should be arrested for murder, when peopel like OJ get off for murder because crooked cops plant evidence yeah they should be arrested for hindering prosecution. Why people think cops should be allowed to break the law just because they are cops is beyond me. In NY there is this guy who calls himself Johhny justice or some stupid name like that who goes out everyday and videotapes cops and city workers violating the lawand the city does nothing why should honest citiczens listen and respect these scumbags anymore than the criminals who are doing the exact same thing. Dont get me wrong if cops werent murdering innocent people taking bribes covering up for crimes I would support them 100% but that is not what is happening. Until the obese cops are fired for not being able to walk up stairs let alone do their jobs, until cops who murder innocent civilians are prosecuted instead of being let off to murder again, until cops arent getting paid a quarter million dollars a year to write traffic tickets while crime is happening rampant on our streets I will question allowing cops to have unfettered control over what they can do.

pbkid
10/09/2009, 09:15 PM
until cops arent getting paid a quarter million dollars a year to write traffic tickets

HAHAHA, god that would be GREAT!!! :laughing:

i would be more happy with my career choice if that was correct. try more like 30k a year....

clearly your the type of person who believes tabloids and everything they see on tv. so there is no way anyone is going to convince you differently because you blindly follow lies.

so, ill take T4B's approach....subside due to it not being worth the effort of argument.

but god, would you please find a way for me to make 250k just writing tickets?! please!!! i promise ill do anything you want for that price...ill never arrest any child rapist, serial murderer or drug lord...

psychos2
10/10/2009, 02:07 AM
what I see video taped and released with the permission of the cops. The cops allow the person to ride with tem and have final approval of everything taped before it is released. So when I see a dozen heavily armed cops in a hotel room and another cop luring one drug dealer in to an adjoining room and the dealer immediately giving up and yet the dozen cops attacking the crook yes the cops are nothing more than a more heavily armed gang that has the judge and attorney general on the payroll that lets them get away with breaking the law. Sure if the dealer has a gun the cops have a right to shoot and kill the dealer but when they shoot unarmed people or murder a groom on his wedding night and the guy had no gun but they pump 50 rounds into the guy. Yeah those cops are butchers and should be given the death penalty. When the shoot a 13 year old inthe back who is running away from them because they are too fat tooo run the unarmed 13 year old down yeah they should be arrested for murder, when peopel like OJ get off for murder because crooked cops plant evidence yeah they should be arrested for hindering prosecution. Why people think cops should be allowed to break the law just because they are cops is beyond me. In NY there is this guy who calls himself Johhny justice or some stupid name like that who goes out everyday and videotapes cops and city workers violating the lawand the city does nothing why should honest citiczens listen and respect these scumbags anymore than the criminals who are doing the exact same thing. Dont get me wrong if cops werent murdering innocent people taking bribes covering up for crimes I would support them 100% but that is not what is happening. Until the obese cops are fired for not being able to walk up stairs let alone do their jobs, until cops who murder innocent civilians are prosecuted instead of being let off to murder again, until cops arent getting paid a quarter million dollars a year to write traffic tickets while crime is happening rampant on our streets I will question allowing cops to have unfettered control over what they can do.

We left out the innocent cops that get shot and killed everyday by criminals, who like you think the laws do not apply to them. And thats ok because all cops break the law and should be killed. You argue that citizens should not listen to these bad cops ,and then you say there is to much crime. The criminals do not listen to the cops that is why they are criminals. So YOU are the reason there is crime happening rampant in the street because you are telling the criminals not to obey the cops , and that is what they are doing. Bravo , you are the man. shawn

JAMAS
10/15/2009, 06:19 AM
would have been better if it was also a radar detector....

http://gizmodo.com/5382261/whistler-red-light-camera-detector-also-spots-reckless-drivers

circmand
10/15/2009, 07:28 AM

i would be more happy with my career choice if that was correct. try more like 30k a year....

clearly your the type of person who believes tabloids and everything they see on tv. so there is no way anyone is going to convince you differently because you blindly follow lies.

so, ill take T4B's approach....subside due to it not being worth the effort of argument.

but god, would you please find a way for me to make 250k just writing tickets?! please!!! i promise ill do anything you want for that price...ill never arrest any child rapist, serial murderer or drug lord...

I read it in the Houston Chronicle and several are making that kind of money. They call each other to scenes so they all have to go to court and they make overtime sitting all day waiting to testify at time and half. This was a major situation on the front page photos of the cops who were commiting the fraud then letting them retire with their pension intact instead of going to jail.

CrnCnn
10/15/2009, 07:42 AM

I though you worked at best buy. Now I am confused.

circmand
10/15/2009, 07:43 AM
We left out the innocent cops that get shot and killed everyday by criminals, who like you think the laws do not apply to them. And thats ok because all cops break the law and should be killed. You argue that citizens should not listen to these bad cops ,and then you say there is to much crime. The criminals do not listen to the cops that is why they are criminals. So YOU are the reason there is crime happening rampant in the street because you are telling the criminals not to obey the cops , and that is what they are doing. Bravo , you are the man. shawn

I never said it was okay or good that cops get shot. But the cops who do break the law think it should not apply to them and the blue wall of silence protects them. They expect more than the citizen gets. And while I beleive a citizen should listen to a cop to many cops think they are king of the world and that it means they can tell anybody anything and they have to be listened to. Well that is BS. I never said it was all cops just too many cops and those cops get away with it way to often and when caught get off scot free or a slap on the wrist. If you want to be a cop you first and foremost shoeld be an example of what a good citizen should be. I think you need to reread what I wrote and quit making it up too try and justify cops who beat and murder innocent people because they thought they were criminals. After all the cop doesnt decide they are criminals the courts do and until they are ajudicated they are INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY, something you and a lot of cops seem to think doesnt matter very much or chose to ignore because you do not think it is right. Why you think a cop should be free to break the law just because he wears a uniform is beyond me. Perhaps next the UPS guy or the local postman should be free to do what they want because they were a uniform.

pbkid
10/15/2009, 09:45 AM
I though you worked at best buy. Now I am confused.
haha, yes i do. but im going to school to get a degree in criminal justice and to be a 'corrupt cop'....:laughing:

CrnCnn
10/15/2009, 09:50 AM
haha, yes i do. but im going to school to get a degree in criminal justice and to be a 'corrupt cop'....:laughing:

gotchya