PDA

View Full Version : Dome Light Fuze blowing

workmeistr
10/02/2009, 08:04 AM
Dome Light has been burnt out for months. I bought a new bulb and went to swap it in last night. Before doing so, I noted that neither map light on the rear view mirror was turning on. Intrigued, I checked the dome light fuse; it was blown, I inserted a new 10 amp fuse and it popped immediately. I have dropped the dome light housing and checked for any hot contacts there, no joy. I haven't trouble-shot the rear view mirror, yet.

Does anyone know what, exactly, feeds through the Dome Light Fuze at the dash fuze block? I assume the Dome Light and the two Rear View Mirror Map Lights, anything else?

Has anyone had experience with this fuze blowing or common interior shorting locations?

I tried the Search function and found little, sans how to convert my dome light bulb to LED wafers. I hope to add a matching second Isuzu dome light in the cargo area, piggy-backed off the original, both running incandescent bulbs, in order for both to fade in/out. Do you think the 10 amp fuze will still be good? If there is more of a load with both Domes I could run a 15 amp in that socket without undue harm, right?

Thanks in advance to the electrically knowledegable, Bren.

tom4bren
10/06/2009, 10:50 AM
Bren,

My dome light hasn't worked since I got the VX. I haven't found any blown fuses & I haven't tried to troubleshoot the fault.

My guess tho is that if you blew a 10A fuse that quickly, you'll blow the 15A too. You'll have to find that short before you can even think of adding the secondary unit in the back. Once that short is repaired, the 10A fuse should be able to handle the extra load of the secondary unit without any problems.

Tom

rowhard
10/06/2009, 07:11 PM
Look on page 143 of the electrical manual that you can download here uncer downloads, manuals, see if that helps any:)

workmeistr
10/07/2009, 05:07 AM
Thanks for the tips. The anti-theft and Keyless Entry Control Unit is on this circuit, this likley explains why I thought I heard a momentary audible beep the last time I put in a 15 amp fuse that immediately blew.

So I'll be doing research on the alarm unit. Have any of these come up in any of the recent VX parting-out sales? I would love to just replace it, but I assume it must be accompanied by the fobs?

My fobs seem to work with newish batteries; locks work; alarm goes off if I set alarm and subsequently open the door with key; turns off when I turn key On, Off, On; I have had a few times when I locked it/armed with the fob, return and I can't turn the alarm off or unlock, this requires unlocking manually and the alarm going off. :confused: