PDA

View Full Version : Why did you leave Chicago Bart?

CrnCnn
09/29/2009, 07:02 AM
http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/metro/video_derrion_albert

This is pathetic. I am glad that I grew up in a good place. We had fights but nothing to this extreme.

WormGod
09/29/2009, 08:08 AM
!@#$ 'em. Don't leave solutions like that to me, ever, cause I would nuke troubled areas like that from orbit. I have no tolerance for inconsiderate animals.

CrnCnn
09/29/2009, 08:11 AM
Tell us how you really feel WG

Ldub
09/29/2009, 08:18 AM
!@#$ 'em. Don't leave solutions like that to me, ever, cause I would nuke troubled areas like that from orbit. I have no tolerance for inconsiderate animals.

X about eleventy billion...:upsetgray

Eliminate the shallow end.

nfpgasmask
09/29/2009, 08:30 AM

x2. I feel the same way.

Honestly, the "bad element" that comes with day to day life living in a big city like Chicago is one of the major reasons I wanted to leave. In this country all we do is enable this kind of thing.

Bart

handeeman
09/29/2009, 08:43 AM
Tell us how you really feel WG

And don't mince any words.

rowhard
09/29/2009, 11:34 AM
cause I would nuke troubled areas like that from orbit.
As we use to say in the Air Force, Nuke them till they glow then shoot'em in the dark.

I didn't watch nor do I need to watch the video to know what your talking about. But I agree totally

circmand
09/29/2009, 11:46 AM
the death penalty. Animals who do this should be shot like the rabid scum they are. I do not care that they are teenagers or that their families will cry that they are just babies and they can be rehabilitated all that is bull. Their parents raised this scrum and society needs to eliminate or we will lose the battle between civilization and chaos.

tom4bren
09/29/2009, 01:51 PM
x2. I feel the same way.

Honestly, the "bad element" that comes with day to day life living in a big city like Chicago is one of the major reasons I wanted to leave. In this country all we do is enable this kind of thing.

Bart

& all this time I assumed you were asked to leave.:bwgy:

Gussie2000
09/29/2009, 04:30 PM
This video shows how society worldwide is rapidly descomposing.

All the violence seen on TV,video games,the lack of time and communication by parents to advice the right things to those kids,specially in big urban areas such as NYC,chicago,L.A. etc is pushing the so called civilation to begin considering extrem measures to hold back what is evident in the short term future.

There's no more respect for human life & its value.

tomdietrying
09/29/2009, 06:09 PM
Gussie2000, I can tell from your comment you a little niave. This country was founded on violence, we thrive on violence and putting people who WE think should be put in THEIR place. We've done that to every minority group out there. Please open your eyes take a big wiff and smell the coffee. We are no different now than we were 50, 100, or 200 years ago.
Peace.
Tom

P.S.
I'm not condonning the video. Justice needs to happen within the laws of the land. That's what make a society. Nuking people to clean out society is no different than what A. Hilter tried to do.

Gussie2000
09/29/2009, 07:31 PM
Gussie2000, I can tell from your comment you a little niave. This country was founded on violence, we thrive on violence and putting people who WE think should be put in THEIR place. We've done that to every minority group out there. Please open your eyes take a big wiff and smell the coffee. We are no different now than we were 50, 100, or 200 years ago.
Peace.
Tom

P.S.
I'm not condonning the video. Justice needs to happen within the laws of the land. That's what make a society. Nuking people to clean out society is no different than what A. Hilter tried to do.

I got your point tom,but nuking is much radical then being naive ;)

All countries that was under colonialism or slavery in the past had suffered violence & violence has been the only way to gain respect & freedom.
Since is believed that the human race has overcome that part of history it seems we all steping back to that stage when every thing was tribes againts tribes,kingdoms against kingdoms,north againts south,west against east,muslims against cristians,etc. And finally jeeps against vehicross LOL

Anyhow the maths doesn't make any mistakes : justice + equality = peace

CrnCnn
09/30/2009, 06:44 AM
And finally jeeps against vehicross LOL

Take that back you..... :smilewink :bgwo: :bgwb:

WormGod
09/30/2009, 07:59 AM

Like I said, dont leave the solution brainstorming up to me. I am not prejudiced to color, culture, generation, or living standrads, as I hate all people equally. :p :smilewink

nfpgasmask
09/30/2009, 08:46 AM
Tom, you are right on all accounts. Human nature is violent, as is nature as a whole. However, as a society, we have tried to cherry-coat everything and "make nice" out of everything. I.E., civilization.

civ-i-lize (sv-lz)tr.v. civ·i·lized, civ·i·liz·ing, civ·i·liz·es
1. To raise from barbarism to an enlightened stage of development; bring out of a primitive or savage state.
2. To educate in matters of culture and refinement; make more polished or sophisticated.

The problem is, some people never get civilized. And some people that were once civilized, regress back to being "animals" because of a situation they are in, or perhaps from their disposition, etc.

It's all perfectly normal. This kind of thing doesn't surprise me at all. Someday I may regress myself. :rolleyes:

:D Bart

ZEUS
09/30/2009, 08:50 AM

All countries that was under colonialism or slavery in the past had suffered violence & violence has been the only way to gain respect & freedom.
Since is believed that the human race has overcome that part of history it seems we all steping back to that stage when every thing was tribes againts tribes,kingdoms against kingdoms,north againts south,west against east,muslims against cristians,etc. And finally jeeps against vehicross LOL

Anyhow the maths doesn't make any mistakes : justice + equality = peacejeeps against vehicross - too funny, Gus! I agree with Tom tho, we have not stepped back to any sort of 'stage'. We are human, derived from animals in a savage world and a savage world we maintain. It's disgusting! The world would be better without us on it because of the amount of damage we are capable of... and insistent upon. The natural reaction to curb violence is with more violence! Governing bodies claim a pro-life stance mixed with pro-war ambitions all the while preaching the existence of a higher being that requests "thou shall not kill"... hypocrisy. And those are supposed to be the bestest examples of the human being... our leaders.

Allow me to point out what I view as gang warfare with a twist... Crips adorned in blue, Bloods adorned in red... Democrats wish for blue states, Republicans wish for red states. Politicians and gangs both strive on fear to grow and 'succeed' using propaganda. Gangs tag walls and billboards, politicians put signs on fences and billboards, civilians post political signs on their lawns and stickers on their cars - propoganda abounds! It all equals territorial pissings. "Join the dark side..." How can we fight against detrimental gang warfare when even our government and 'decent' society operates on it's own form of detrimental gang warfare? All I know is we are all stuck in this life together, enjoy it and try to be a positive influence in it. ...or be angry and survive it like me. :smilewink

circmand
09/30/2009, 09:38 AM
. We are human, derived from animals in a savage world and a savage world we maintain. It's disgusting! The world would be better without us on it because of the amount of damage we are capable of... and insistent upon. The natural reaction to curb violence is with more violence! Governing bodies claim a pro-life stance mixed with pro-war ambitions all the while preaching the existence of a higher being that requests "thou shall not kill"... hypocrisy. And those are supposed to be the bestest examples of the human being... our leaders.

Allow me to point out what I view as gang warfare with a twist... Crips adorned in blue, Bloods adorned in red... Democrats wish for blue states, Republicans wish for red states. Politicians and gangs both strive on fear to grow and 'succeed' using propaganda. Gangs tag walls and billboards, politicians put signs on fences and billboards, civilians post political signs on their lawns and stickers on their cars - propoganda abounds! It all equals territorial pissings. "Join the dark side..." How can we fight against detrimental gang warfare when even our government and 'decent' society operates on it's own form of detrimental gang warfare? All I know is we are all stuck in this life together, enjoy it and try to be a positive influence in it. ...or be angry and survive it like me. :smilewink

Just because the media labeled the states red and blue does not give any comparison to gangs. Hey I own a pair of broen shoes does that make me a member of Hitlers brown shoes? Govts whether the DEm or Republican agree that society needs system of rules and punishment that everyone should follow they disagree on what the rules should be. Gangs are made up of idiots who are not smart enough to get ahead when they are made to follow the same rules everyone else is and they ignore those rules. Having rules but no enforcement or punishment or not having the punishment meted out equally makes the rules ineffectual. No punishment much like gun laws ensures only those who are civilized will follow the rules. Afterall do you really think the Virginia sniper who shot something like 13 people would never have done it if owning the gun was against the law? I can see him now "Geez I would love to murder people (which is against the law) but I can not buy a gun legally so I guess I will not be able to do it.

nfpgasmask
09/30/2009, 09:52 AM
Just because the media labeled the states red and blue does not give any comparison to gangs. Hey I own a pair of broen shoes does that make me a member of Hitlers brown shoes? Govts whether the DEm or Republican agree that society needs system of rules and punishment that everyone should follow they disagree on what the rules should be. Gangs are made up of idiots who are not smart enough to get ahead when they are made to follow the same rules everyone else is and they ignore those rules. Having rules but no enforcement or punishment or not having the punishment meted out equally makes the rules ineffectual. No punishment much like gun laws ensures only those who are civilized will follow the rules. Afterall do you really think the Virginia sniper who shot something like 13 people would never have done it if owning the gun was against the law? I can see him now "Geez I would love to murder people (which is against the law) but I can not buy a gun legally so I guess I will not be able to do it.

Honestly, I agree with what Justin was saying. Obviously, your average gang-banger is different than George W. and Dickless Chaney. But, Justin was drawing a comparison to the way that things are run. Gang turf is disputed in a crude, uncivilized, violent manner. But in a nut-shell, it is no different than any other turf war carried out by an organized and supposedly civilized government military. The only difference is, one group has no money, power or resources, while the other group does.

I hate to say it, but there is absolutely no convincing me that any war waged by this country has been anything more than a complicated turf war. You killed my homie on the corner of 22nd street and Kedzie last night, so I am gonna do a drive by and shoot at your house. You attacked Pearl Harbor and killed a whole bunch of my men and destroyed my battleship fleet, so I am gonna nuke the hell outta your two biggest strategic targets. The only difference here is scale.

We are all humans, and humans ARE animals. Once you accept that, and stop believing the nonsense that says otherwise, you can accept a whole lot of things you never imagined. Of course, you may choose NOT to accept it, you may choose to ignore it, you may choose to believe in fictional ideals and contrived "facts". You may choose to fight against nature till the day you die. Most people do. But I personally find much peace in realizing that all the "crazy" things happening today, have been happening since the dawn of time. The only difference between yesterday and today is scale and accessibility.

:thumbup: Bart

nocturnalVX
09/30/2009, 10:44 AM
The thing is, most Chicagoans do not make use of the Great Lake we live next to.

The vast majority of crimes are due to repeat offenders and "known gang members". All the government needs to do is load them all onto an old cargo ship, tow it out to the middle of Lake Michigan, and then sink it. Crime plummets, scumbags that are thinking of misbehaving are more leary of the consequences, and the majority of us live in a more civilized land. Problem solved.

nfpgasmask
09/30/2009, 10:50 AM
Or, we just call Batman. :)

Bart

ZEUS
09/30/2009, 11:03 AM
I think you altogether missed my point within the analogy - colors being the same is merely a coincidence.
Just because the media labeled the states red and blue does not give any comparison to gangs. Terrirtorial pissings is the comparison I am making. One side "controls" the territory. One versus the other - the battlefield is there for the taking. My analogy is suiting in this regard. Hey I own a pair of broen shoes does that make me a member of Hitlers brown shoes? Dur. Govts whether the DEm or Republican agree that society needs system of rules and punishment that everyone should follow they disagree on what the rules should be. So do gangs! That's why that poor kid is dead! Gangs are made up of idiots who are not smart enough to get ahead when they are made to follow the same rules everyone else is and they ignore those rules. Politics are also made up of idiots who are not smart enough to work within the confines of the "rules" (as in moral conscience), hence corruption, greed, mis-use of power... which seem to override the one true acceptable reason to be in a governing seat - duty. Gangs want to feel they are respected and in power or control so they use their own methods to get what they want. In this regard my analogy is suiting. Having rules but no enforcement or punishment or not having the punishment meted out equally makes the rules ineffectual. No punishment much like gun laws ensures only those who are civilized will follow the rules. Afterall do you really think the Virginia sniper who shot something like 13 people would never have done it if owning the gun was against the law? I can see him now "Geez I would love to murder people (which is against the law) but I can not buy a gun legally so I guess I will not be able to do it. My turn to say I disagree with your analogy... or maybe it's that I, like you, don't correctly understand the correlation you are trying to make...? DRAT! Sorry... getting pulled away. I would like to finish what I was saying but I gotta go. I hope what I DID say makes sense tho now...

circmand
09/30/2009, 01:35 PM
Honestly, I agree with what Justin was saying. Obviously, your average gang-banger is different than George W. and Dickless Chaney. But, Justin was drawing a comparison to the way that things are run. Gang turf is disputed in a crude, uncivilized, violent manner. But in a nut-shell, it is no different than any other turf war carried out by an organized and supposedly civilized government military. The only difference is, one group has no money, power or resources, while the other group does.

I hate to say it, but there is absolutely no convincing me that any war waged by this country has been anything more than a complicated turf war. You killed my homie on the corner of 22nd street and Kedzie last night, so I am gonna do a drive by and shoot at your house. You attacked Pearl Harbor and killed a whole bunch of my men and destroyed my battleship fleet, so I am gonna nuke the hell outta your two biggest strategic targets. The only difference here is scale.

We are all humans, and humans ARE animals. Once you accept that, and stop believing the nonsense that says otherwise, you can accept a whole lot of things you never imagined. Of course, you may choose NOT to accept it, you may choose to ignore it, you may choose to believe in fictional ideals and contrived "facts". You may choose to fight against nature till the day you die. Most people do. But I personally find much peace in realizing that all the "crazy" things happening today, have been happening since the dawn of time. The only difference between yesterday and today is scale and accessibility.

:thumbup: Bart

The US has never fought in a war where we did not give back everything we won and assist in repairingthe damage we caused. Japan Germany we kicked but in WWII but as soon as it was over we helped rebuild and gave money besides. The Marshall Plan etc. Also withall the nukes and advanced weapons we have we could have conquered the world or blown it to smithereens but we have always been war as a last resort. Even Iraq, sure a lot of america haters tried to claim we were in it for oil and nation building but we are now pulling soldiers out and leaving Iraq to Home Rule of its country withthem voting for the first time in decades. If you see no difference I do not see how you can have hope for a better world

nfpgasmask
09/30/2009, 02:45 PM
If you see no difference I do not see how you can have hope for a better world

Exactly, I don't. Not one shred. :sady:

Bart

CrnCnn
10/16/2009, 05:56 AM
Ok, so its not like I am watching chicago news or anything. I find this stuff on Drudge report and what not.

More people coming to this world.... LINK (http://cbs2chicago.com/local/Robeson.High.School.2.1251642.html)