PDA

View Full Version : Help installing sway bar bushing

chucklee
08/03/2003, 11:11 PM
I tried installing my new engery sway bar bushing but it seems the bend in the sway bar is near enough to the bolt location that it places the bushing at an angle that I cannot install the bracket that came with the bushing.

HELP thanks

SPAZZ
08/04/2003, 02:16 AM
you must bend the end of the bracket so as to be able to get it on.....have fun........;Dp; ......helps with two people too....once ready to install....that person can easily pull sway bar in alignment position to make your job much easier to place that bracket on....

Navigator
08/04/2003, 06:02 AM
I finger threaded all four bolts first, then in a criss cross fashion tightend down each side from left to right. Brackets fit perfect on mine, no bending necessary.

BTW, the washers are a bit small, but sufficient. I may add larger washers later, but the one's included are holding up well even though they barely clear the slots.

SPAZZ
08/04/2003, 07:36 AM
yep mine too...had mine all changed out ready for tightening...then washers started to slip through hole on mine...so, Had to rig it where I could drive to home depot and buy bigger washers.