PDA

View Full Version : Rear Speaker Sizes

alanbradley
09/22/2009, 01:23 AM
Hi folks,

The rear speakers in my VX are "a bit knackered" and before I rip out the whole of the rear getting to them I was wondering if any of you folks knew the size and spec so I can have some replacements all lined up.

I'm taking the back out anyhow as I want to install some sound proofing, run some cabling and put in some ceiling oddment nets from a Discovery so the more I can do at once...

Cheers in advance,

Alan

Ldub
09/22/2009, 01:37 AM
Hi folks,

The rear speakers in my VX are "a bit knackered" and before I rip out the whole of the rear getting to them I was wondering if any of you folks knew the size and spec so I can have some replacements all lined up.

I'm taking the back out anyhow as I want to install some sound proofing, run some cabling and put in some ceiling oddment nets from a Discovery so the more I can do at once...

Cheers in advance,

Alan

This might help...http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=14168&highlight=rear+speakers

alanbradley
09/22/2009, 01:57 AM
D'oh... What a n00b.

Thoroughly embarassed - UTFST, etc.

Thank you!

crotchrocket
09/22/2009, 02:49 AM
Depends if you want to do any modifications, I ended up going for 10cm Pioneers as a direct replacement, they are actually a bit smaller than stock but couldn’t get any 13cm speakers to fit straight in.

Ldub
09/22/2009, 03:14 AM
D'oh... What a n00b.

Thoroughly embarassed - UTFST, etc.

Thank you!

No worries, I've got not much better to do this time of night...:smilewink

(It was 3:37 AM my time, when I first replied)

alanbradley
09/22/2009, 06:24 AM
Ah right - mid-morning here in the UK! (its now 14:33)

I'm looking at changing them because of the intermittent buzzing rather than because I care about haring Terry Wogan in crystal-clear surround sound so i'll probably just go with what's available locally (within reason - pure chinesium £1.99 jobs are not going in!)

A