PDA

View Full Version : Let's Bring This Site To Its' Knees

handeeman
09/19/2009, 08:49 AM
To: All members, site supporters, non-supporters,guest,lurkers and spyders.

To quote Apollo 13: "Houston we have a problem"

Our site founder "Moncha" is having health issues and needs the family's prayers. That's why I said let's bring this site to its' knees. I don't want to sound like a preacher but I know it (prayer)works. So let's all include Scott and Laura in our prayers on a regular basis.

While I have the soapbox, we also need to give the site our monetary support. You may have noticed that Moncha was working on some site upgrades (before this last health issue) like "Silver Supporter' etc. I know he wasn't finished with his latest upgrades for his family. I also know that the Donations Page is blocked (part of his unfinished work). So if you wanted to donate it doesn't tell you how. I don't have pay-pal so I don't know how you donate to the site using pay-pal. I am sure one of our members can post the "how to" in this thread. Since I don't have pay-pal I am one of those that has to (actually loves to) get a money order and mail it when I can. So if you will PM me I will give you the details rather than post Scott's address etc in this public forum. If ya got a little extra let's get it flowing. P.S. I also know Moncha wants everyone to know that site support is a personal thing and no one should ever chastise anyone in this family for not being a site supporter. PM me if ya need to mail your support and follow the pay-pal instructions in this thread if ya can pay-pal.

lasturbo
09/19/2009, 10:38 AM
I have a paypal account and just sent Scott/Moncha Designs some $$$ as a "gift"
The information for Paypal is:
Business Name:
Moncha Designs (The recipient of this payment is Verified)
Email:forum_admin@vehicross.info

From our family to yours, we wish you a speedy recovery and our thoughts and prayers are with you!!!

handeeman
09/19/2009, 02:11 PM
Thanks to those that have PM'd me and asked how to mail a site supporter donation. make sure ya follow thru and mail it ASAP. For those that need the info I won't be back on-site till Mon AM, I'll get back to ya then.

lasturbo
09/20/2009, 01:16 AM
bump - Keep it rollin!!!
:bump: :jump: :wishes:

raybob
09/20/2009, 11:30 AM
Thanks for taking care of our business...I'll get with you tonight or tomorrow.
Raybob

handeeman
09/21/2009, 05:58 AM
:bump::bump:Ok group let's keep the support spigot flowing.....Moncha needs us and we need him!!!!!!!

handeeman
09/21/2009, 02:50 PM
I joined this site 1 year ago yesterday. I originally figured I'd just be a silent observer and gleen what I needed to know about my VX without ever being a site supporter. Boy was I wrong. I very quickly wanted to contribute and be a part of this family. Now, I know I'm kinda a dinosaur, cause I don't have pay-pal, but I know how to mail a money order. I also know that there have been over 140 views of this thread and some pay-pals have been sent even though you didn't reply. I also appreciate the few of you that wanted mailing info. Moncha only seeks $300.00 in donations a month....that breaks down to only 15 new contributors @ $20.00. So do what ya can and I promise to let someone else pull your chain next month. lol

handeeman
09/24/2009, 01:13 PM
Since at this time 177 of ya have viewed this thread I know some support has been sent. If ya need any info on how to do support, let me know since the Donations page is still down. Don't forget the prayers for Scott ,Laura, and the rest of the VX family. Get er done!

circmand
09/24/2009, 01:29 PM
Since at this time 177 of ya have viewed this thread I know some support has been sent. If ya need any info on how to do support, let me know since the Donations page is still down. Don't forget the prayers for Scott ,Laura, and the rest of the VX family. Get er done!

So do what ya can and I promise to let someone else pull your chain next month. lol

LOL

handeeman
09/24/2009, 01:31 PM
So do what ya can and I promise to let someone else pull your chain next month. lol

LOL

That's the spirit !:smilewink

handeeman
09/28/2009, 01:54 PM
Well I've still got 2 1/2 days to stand outside and ring the bell with my little red bucket. I sure hope when Moncha updates our donations month to date we have substantually exceeded $20.00. Thank Ya M'am....Thank Ya Sir. ( to a collective sigh of relief..."handeeman's chain pulling days are winding down"... ? is whose gonna pic up the little bell?

ZEUS
09/28/2009, 02:12 PM
I had my day with the bell handee, I sucked at it and was rightfully pelted with lettuce and tomato from the crowd... you're better at this than anyone else. I vote you keep it up!

Ldub
09/29/2009, 12:56 AM
I had my day with the bell handee, I sucked at it and was rightfully pelted with lettuce and tomato from the crowd... you're better at this than anyone else. I vote you keep it up!

X 2!!!...:yes:...:thumbup:

handeeman
09/29/2009, 08:38 AM

LOL

I promised cirmand.....besides i need a vacation....i vote circmand !

circmand
09/29/2009, 11:49 AM
I promised cirmand.....besides i need a vacation....i vote circmand !

I will post a weekly call to Alms but it will be a gentle reminder and not a prayer meeting and we will just have to hope the good people on this site donate

handeeman
09/29/2009, 12:46 PM
I will post a weekly call to Alms but it will be a gentle reminder and not a prayer meeting and we will just have to hope the good people on this site donate

Sounds like a good plan to me. I betcha the good people will respond.
Alms, Euros, Dinars, NZD's, Ruples, Pounds and Dollars all WECLOME.

circmand
09/29/2009, 02:09 PM
Sounds like a good plan to me. I betcha the good people will respond.
Alms, Euros, Dinars, NZD's, Ruples, Pounds and Dollars all WECOME.

Wecome

Ldub
09/29/2009, 02:23 PM
what is...Wecome

Handee types kinda slow...the "L" is probably still in transit...:smilewink

Nuffin' but :heart: Handee...:yes:

ZEUS
09/29/2009, 03:18 PM
WecomeI thought he was doing an impression of Oompa Loompas. :bgwo:

handeeman
09/30/2009, 09:56 AM
[quote=Ldub;173931]Handee types kinda slow...the "L" is probably still in transit...:smilewink

Did an edit and got the L.....
And this works as a bump for my last day of site support bell ringing....
plus I think the prayers are working.

4X4 UFO
09/30/2009, 10:58 AM
Uhhhhh........Handee, I think you put the "L" in the wrong place...........

handeeman
09/30/2009, 11:27 AM
Uhhhhh........Handee, I think you put the "L" in the wrong place...........

Type slow, read slower and can't spell....I'm gettin the "L" outta here.

pbkid
09/30/2009, 11:33 AM
im really startin to get worried here guys.... i hope scott is ok.

havent heard from him for a while...
any colorado VX'ers down for a visit??

MSHardeman
09/30/2009, 11:36 AM
Jack,

I am totally down for a visit, plus we could pick up a visit to you too before you have to let go of Stitch.

A few posts back I asked Anita to see if Scott wanted visitors the next time that she spoke to them.

Any word Anita?

4X4 UFO
09/30/2009, 12:28 PM
I couldn't help myself, Handee.......I'm a two-finger dyslexic typer myself......

It will be good to hear from Scott.........

ZEUS
09/30/2009, 12:45 PM
eww

pbkid
09/30/2009, 02:23 PM
Jack,

I am totally down for a visit, plus we could pick up a visit to you too before you have to let go of Stitch.

A few posts back I asked Anita to see if Scott wanted visitors the next time that she spoke to them.

Any word Anita?

ya, lets wait to hear a go or not from anita. but i have heard from my sources that he is doing ok. just not ready to go back into the public.

stitch will be gone oct 7th. so before then would be great.

4X4 UFO
09/30/2009, 07:54 PM
You're right..... I should of read my last post a couple of times before I sent it. When I looked at it again, it just seemed, well....odd.

Randy

Riff Raff
09/30/2009, 08:23 PM
I couldn't help myself, Handee.......I'm a two-finger dyslexic typer myself..........

Hmmm, you must work for Homeland Security because that's the exact same technique they use for cavity searches at public airports (and they hurt, too).:laughing:

Sorry; Gang, I just couldn't resist the jab on 4x4 UFO.:bgwb:

To concur with Peanut Butter Kid; I too have heard from various sources that Scott (Moncha) is doing OK, but just not ready to make a public announcement yet.

lasturbo
09/30/2009, 11:06 PM
To concur with Peanut Butter Kid; I too have heard from various sources that Scott (Moncha) is doing OK, but just not ready to make a public announcement yet.

Well, at least that is some good news!! Thanks Riff Raff!

Anita
09/30/2009, 11:09 PM
Sorry for the long absence with updates. Scott is doing okay - he is able to function rather well, though a medication that he has been given really knocks him out. The only reason he hasnt come on as yet is that focusing on little font on the computer still can cause headaches. I'm sure that soon Scott will post and explain to all what is going on.

In the meantime he appreciates so much everyones prayers and well-wishes. He knows there are a lot of emails and pms to answer so he will be back to his sassy self in no time and ready to referee the next donnybrook on the site;).

lasturbo
09/30/2009, 11:11 PM
Thanks Anita for the update and, again, good news!!!
:thanx:

Ms Moncha
10/11/2009, 08:58 PM
Hello VX Family.
I am so sorry to keep you in suspense and wondering what has happened. Thank you, Anita, for calling and posting an update on Scott. Here are more details, but still a "Reader's Digest" version of what is going on with Moncha.

First, we must thank all of you for your concern and your prayers and/or good thoughts. I know that it works. Scott is still struggling very hard with this current episode. I am sure that you all remember the scary post that he left on the Forum saying that he had to go to the Emergency Room. Well, that was Sept. 4th. It was because he had a MASSIVE headache again. The headache is caused by an increase in pressure in his cerebral spinal fluid. From my research, there are two main reasons why the pressure would ever increase. One is stroke, the other is cardiac problems. Guess what! As you know, Scott has both!!! Holy cow, this guy just can't catch a break. His Neurologist in Denver placed him on a medication that would bring the pressure down, thus relieving the headache. Well, it did that slowly but at the same time, he was sooooo doped up and lethargic, he couldn't move, let alone function. He slept thru the month of September. He is now weaned back to a lower dose on the medication, but the headache has increased in strength again. He reports back to his Neurologist tomorrow (Monday) to see what is the next step in this roller coaster ride. His thinking is still muddied somewhat and slow but he plans to go to work on Tuesday. He did work some this past week and then he crashes as soon as he gets home.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/IMG_1740.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/16042)

This is Scott's "normal" position with his doggie, Bernie, snuggled in close. Since Scott has become sick again, Bernie is his guardian and sleeps next to him.

Reading is still very difficult for his brain to process and computer code is even worse so, I read to him. I think it will still be awhile before he will be able to finish his updates that he started on this website. I know that you will be patient and understanding. Scott HATES being sick and does everything he can to get better. His body now dictates how long he can be up before he "crashes" and is forced to rest. He conserves his energy and just tries to get thru the day. He will need to go back to physical therapy again, once he can tolerate it by building up his endurance. He will need to work on his walking and balance again.

These last 18 months have taught us how precious life is and what a fine line we walk in our daily lives. Please, let your loved ones know that you love them. Hug them and hold them close. Please keep Scott in your prayers and good thoughts. This is a very difficult struggle for him as there are not many options available. His spirit is good and he is a fighter. He talks about his VX family everyday and it lifts his spirits just knowing how much you care for him. Thank you for all of your support. We truly love you all.

JoFotoz
10/11/2009, 09:21 PM
I'm lost for words.

GET WELL ...:yesgray:

jo

tomdietrying
10/11/2009, 09:21 PM
Hey Scott and Laura,
We love you guys, and we're still sending you our positive thoughts a prayers. Let us know what else we can do to help you out.
Peace.
Tom

Gussie2000
10/11/2009, 09:22 PM
Thank you Ms laura for the words.

We all were waiting for you to gives us all the details about scott & his conditions.

All across the US & overseas where there's a Vx'er is also good vibs on your way & best wishes for scott the recover as soon as possible.

:yesy:

Ldub
10/12/2009, 01:04 AM
Hey Scott and Laura,
We love you guys, and we're still sending you our positive thoughts a prayers. Let us know what else we can do to help you out.
Peace.
Tom

X 2!!!...:yes:...:heart:...:heart:...:heart:

Boss,

The hard part for your VX Fam is not knowing how we can help, or having the ability to do anything to "fix it"...:confusedw

Sending all positive thoughts & prayers your way...:yesgray:...:cool:

And even a dancin' nanner or two...

:dan_ban:...GET WELL SOON !!!...:dan_ban:

handeeman
10/12/2009, 06:40 AM
Not what I wanted to hear, but it is what it is. We just gotta pull together and unified prayer works. We'll be waiting for the next update. Continued good mojo to Moncha!

4X4 UFO
10/12/2009, 07:14 AM
Scott and Laura,
We're all wishing for a speedy recovery for Scott from this latest developement. We know this is a very large burden for you, too, Laura, so if there is ANYTHING that we can do, please let us know!

Randy

MSHardeman
10/12/2009, 07:29 AM
Scott and Laura,
Like everyone else has said, I'm sending positive prayers and vibes your way. We're all here for you guys so PLEASE don't hesitate to ask for ANYTHING. The Colorado arm of the family would love to come visit you guys, but we can be a rowdy bunch and we don't want to make Scott's headache worse. Let us know when he can accept visitors and we'll be there.

pbkid
10/12/2009, 08:28 AM
I'm lost for words.

GET WELL ...:yesgray:

jo

Hey Scott and Laura,
Peace.
Tom

Thank you Ms laura for the words.

We all were waiting for you to gives us all the details about scott & his conditions.

All across the US & overseas where there's a Vx'er is also good vibs on your way & best wishes for scott the recover as soon as possible.

:yesy:

Boss,

The hard part for your VX Fam is not knowing how we can help, or having the ability to do anything to "fix it"...:confusedw

Not what I wanted to hear, but it is what it is. We just gotta pull together and unified prayer works. We'll be waiting for the next update. Continued good mojo to Moncha!

Scott and Laura,
We're all wishing for a speedy recovery for Scott from this latest developement. We know this is a very large burden for you, too, Laura, so if there is ANYTHING that we can do, please let us know!

Randy

Scott and Laura,
Like everyone else has said, I'm sending positive prayers and vibes your way. We're all here for you guys so PLEASE don't hesitate to ask for ANYTHING. The Colorado arm of the family would love to come visit you guys, but we can be a rowdy bunch and we don't want to make Scott's headache worse. Let us know when he can accept visitors and we'll be there.

x2... what they said....

esp. mark, the colorado VX family has been talkin about visiting but it sounds like it would hurt more than it would help right now. so, like mark said let us know when scott's feeling better and we would love to visit

handeeman
10/12/2009, 11:16 AM
For those that missed it see post #33.

Ldub
10/12/2009, 11:20 AM
For those that missed it see post #33.

Here ya go Buddy...:smilewink

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showpost.php?p=174875&postcount=33

VX KAT
10/12/2009, 04:24 PM
Thinking & sending much strength and courage for you both so you know you're not alone in this struggle, we're all here for you with much love!!:heart:

don moore
10/13/2009, 10:08 PM
HUGS ...PRAYERS... We are here for you ..

tom4bren
10/14/2009, 06:33 AM

Boss,

Lbud said it best.

Get well soon my friend & may God bless you Ms Moncha for your strength.

Keep an eye on your mailbox - there's a VX family gift going in the mail today.