PDA

View Full Version : Who is interested in intake setups?

Mrmonk7663
09/18/2009, 09:46 PM
I talked to a company that makes intake kits for mustangs and other vehicles about the possibility of them making an intake set up (cold air intake) for our VX. It's a mainstream company full quality control etc. I was told to gauge interest and get back to him. He said if there was enough interest he would make them. He asked me to take pics of the engine give him dispacement numbers stock power numbers redline rpm and related info for the design. So what I want to know is who would be interested? The intake would be made out of a composite plastic to prevent heatsoak. I have no pricing as of now...I know price is always a factor but for now let's pretend the price was fair. Assuming this how many would be interested? We would do this as a large group buy to save all interested parties $$. Let me know guys. I know I'm new here but I see an absence of stuff for the vx and I'm trying to bridge some of those gaps with my mustang connections. Thanks.

Marlin
09/19/2009, 04:22 AM
I talked to a company that makes intake kits for mustangs and other vehicles about the possibility of them making an intake set up (cold air intake) for our VX. It's a mainstream company full quality control etc. I was told to gauge interest and get back to him. He said if there was enough interest he would make them. He asked me to take pics of the engine give him dispacement numbers stock power numbers redline rpm and related info for the design. So what I want to know is who would be interested? The intake would be made out of a composite plastic to prevent heatsoak. I have no pricing as of now...I know price is always a factor but for now let's pretend the price was fair. Assuming this how many would be interested? We would do this as a large group buy to save all interested parties $$. Let me know guys. I know I'm new here but I see an absence of stuff for the vx and I'm trying to bridge some of those gaps with my mustang connections. Thanks.

I imagine that community (intakes) is familiar with the other products. Injen made a direct bolt on kit, they may be able to get their plans, or hell, you may be able to get Injen to make them again. I got mine off of Ebay when someone sold their VX.

etlsport
09/19/2009, 04:32 AM
id be interested for sure, depending on the product (if its actually cold air, hooked up to the radiator, or just a straight intake tube with a cone filter) and price

johnnyapollo
09/19/2009, 09:08 AM
The best intake I've seen was made by MorganTech - the HotShot wasn't bad once it was cut and rotated (it was actually designed to fit a Trooper which has more hood clearance so the continuous tube had to be cut and rotated about 20 degrees to fit under the hood) - however the HotShot has a bit of a weird bend coming right out of the TB to clear the radiator fan shroud that the MorganTech intake addressed by having additional pie-shaped welded sections.

Changing the intake itself doesn't do much as you still have the restrictive exhaust setup, however if used in conjunction with a better (less restrictive) exhaust like the PowerVault, there's a noticeable increase in throttle response..

-- John

Mrmonk7663
09/19/2009, 09:21 AM
I know about the past intakes. What I'm asking is who would be interested in a new intake, new design. I'm trying to see if I shouldove forward with this.

handeeman
09/19/2009, 12:33 PM
I think I'd be interested.

Mrmonk7663
09/19/2009, 12:39 PM
K so we have 3 (including myself) whose interest has peaked. Who else who else

Grif
09/19/2009, 01:31 PM
Yes intrested esp if its a true cold air intake.

PK
09/19/2009, 06:29 PM
K so we have 3 (including myself) whose interest has peaked. Who else who else

I'm afraid I am sitting on the fence.

I can't decide whether to go for this, or wait and go for the super charger kit that Robbomax is experimenting with.

What would make this kit different to the plethora of kits already on ebay??

Regards

PK

johnnyapollo
09/19/2009, 07:08 PM
If you look closely at the eBay kits - most are just a cone filter and stub to replace the filter box. I haven't seen a real intake on there in a while (but then again I don't look too closely).

-- John

LittleBeast
09/19/2009, 07:29 PM
So I wonder what my Morgan Tech red and black intake would get on eBay right now? LOL, guess we will never know ;)