PDA

View Full Version : I Hope Moncha is OK...

JoFotoz
09/18/2009, 11:14 AM
I sent my yearly "supporters" contribution plus a bit extra several days ago ( along with a PM)...

.....no confirmation/reply , and I've been demoted!

jo

pbkid
09/18/2009, 11:47 AM
hmmm... maybe he just doesnt like you?

just kididng, i hope he's alright too. im sure laura would let us know if anything major happened.
along the same lines, i was starting to wonder if you were alright.... havent heard much from you since your last trip home :(

ZEUS
09/18/2009, 12:17 PM
I've started worrying too, Jo. I sent him a PM yesterday just to check up... the silence leaves a lump in my throat. :(

Anita
09/18/2009, 02:48 PM
I spoke to Scott on the phone several days ago and he is having physical problems again. So much so, that he is once again unable to focus to work on his computer. They have ruled out a stroke, though he said the symptoms are very similar to what he went through with his strokes he had previous. The doctors dont have a definitive cause to his problems as yet. They have a few ideas but more tests are needed.

I was hoping that he would come on and let us know what is happening but he may not be able to. He is going to need everyone's prayers and patience as the doctors get to the bottom of this. I will be giving him and Laura a call tomorrow for an update.

JoFotoz
09/18/2009, 02:54 PM
Thanks Anita.

All good vibes to Scott.

jo

ZEUS
09/18/2009, 03:12 PM
Ouch. Thanks for the heads up, Anita. Hoping for the best....

Triathlete
09/18/2009, 03:14 PM
Sending good wishes your way Scott...hope everything goes well and you are bouncing back!

nfpgasmask
09/18/2009, 03:14 PM
Wow, that sucks. Thanks for updating us, Anita.

My thoughts will be hoping for him.

Bart

pbkid
09/18/2009, 03:18 PM
aw man. ill be sending the best vibes possible his way.

those headaches he was talking about must of gotten the better of him.

anita- do you know if us 'regulars' can send anything to the hospital for him?

Anita
09/18/2009, 03:29 PM
When I talked to him he was at home - not sure if anything has changed. If I can get a hold of either Scott or Laura this weekend I will ask. I am hoping either he or Laura can let us know.

pbkid
09/18/2009, 03:32 PM
cool, that would be great... if not ill call down to pueblo hospital and ask their address i suppose (if he's there)

rowhard
09/18/2009, 04:08 PM
Thank you Anita for your help, please give them our (all of us) best wishes

Gussie2000
09/18/2009, 04:15 PM
Me no like bad news :(

I think scott needs some break off the PC for a while guys :(

He have been very into the site doing a lot of upgrade work for our enjoyment so the boss needs some vacation time he can relax as much as possible.

Anita hope you can update any further info about scott or ms laura log in & give us more of scott conditions.

In the meanwhile let's all keep our great host in our minds for he's well being & ask our god to give him some peace at home.

VXorado
09/18/2009, 05:29 PM
I was hoping to meet Scott at the Colorado Colors...we will have to hold off this year.

Hope you feel better Scott

VX crazy
09/18/2009, 05:55 PM
I too hope Scott is alright.....my thoughts and prayers are with both Scott and Laura!

Dumke
09/18/2009, 06:44 PM
WOW Scott man take care of yourself. Laura and Scott you will be in my thoughts. Thanks Anita for the update and if there is anything that is needed please let us know.

tomdietrying
09/18/2009, 07:20 PM
My thoughts, prayers, and positive vibes are with you Scott and Laura.
Peace.
Tom

PittVXr
09/18/2009, 07:36 PM
Get well soon.:wishes:

lasturbo
09/18/2009, 07:42 PM
I too hope Scott is alright.....my thoughts and prayers are with both Scott and Laura!

x2......My best!! :sadb:

4X4 UFO
09/18/2009, 08:59 PM
We keep hoping that you can get all of this behind you. Our thoughts are with you and Laura. We know you'll get over this latest setback, and hopefully will have no more to deal with after that. And, thanks, Anita, for keeping us posted.

Randy

Ldub
09/19/2009, 04:20 AM
We'll hold down the fort till you're feeling better...:flower:

Sending all best wishes & good vibes your way...:thumbup:..:heart:..:wishes:

And even a dancin' nanner or two...:dan_ban:...:yes:...:dan_ban:

VCrossfan
09/19/2009, 07:26 AM
Thanks Anita:thanx:, and keep us posted. Get well BossMan :_beer:

Gussie2000
09/19/2009, 12:49 PM
This morning i did the side marker into turn signal mod,during my time with the horse i had my thoughts with scott,;Thanks to him i was able to complete the task so Scott two thumbs up for you buddy.

Hope you can be back soon with all the family in here,'till then relax & as how larry said we'll keep the fort up & safe.

My best regards for you scott :yesgray:

Thank you !

Scott Harness
09/19/2009, 02:03 PM
Get well Scott!! Hang in there Laura.Sending much LOVE and CHI:yeso:

LittleBeast
09/19/2009, 02:54 PM
Praying for you Scott, hang in there :)

Anita
09/19/2009, 02:58 PM
Talked to Scott and Laura today. Scott is still home and resting. I told him that there is a pack of VX family waiting to hear from them so when Scott is able he will post.

I know that they both could used some good chuckles just about now. To have gone through surgeries, strokes et all - to start feeling like normal only to be hit with something else. It could take the wind out of anyone's sails.
Keep the good thoughts going.

In the meantime, exercise patience and kindness to each other. :grinb:

don moore
09/19/2009, 09:08 PM
thx Anita for the info....chin up Scott... and Laura..we love you ...

technocoy
09/19/2009, 11:17 PM
Hate coming on the site to this kind of news..

You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.

- Holt

nocturnalVX
09/19/2009, 11:34 PM
:sighb:

:wishes: boss man! Cece is out of town for a week, but I'll let her know what's going on. Both of us will be thinking of you. Get well soon!

Oh, and here's another dancing nanner for ya... :dan_ban: can't hurt, right?

VX KAT
09/19/2009, 11:39 PM
Hope you're doing better Scott, we really miss ya and hope you get well.
Hang in there Scott & Laura!

Mark B
09/20/2009, 08:53 AM
Thanks Anita for the update.
Give him my best and prayers for a quick recovery.
We need him back.

MSHardeman
09/21/2009, 08:55 AM
Dog-gone-it. I go away for the weekend and come back to not so good news.

Scott and Laura, I'm sending every positive vibe and prayer that I can your way.

Anita, the next time you talk to them see if Scott would like some visitors. The Colorado VXers could knock out a Scott and PBkid visit all at once.:thumbup:

tom4bren
09/21/2009, 09:40 AM
Even tho today was the first time in a week that I was able to log on to the forum (yes, the withdrawal symptoms are REAL), Scott hasn't been far from my thoughts and prayers.

Good luck Broheem!!!

Anita
09/21/2009, 01:30 PM
Dog-gone-it. I go away for the weekend and come back to not so good news.

Scott and Laura, I'm sending every positive vibe and prayer that I can your way.

Anita, the next time you talk to them see if Scott would like some visitors. The Colorado VXers could knock out a Scott and PBkid visit all at once.:thumbup:

I will ask.. I may be talking to them end of the week.

kodiak
09/21/2009, 08:18 PM
Think healing thoughts boss.:(

lasturbo
09/26/2009, 11:47 PM
Any new reports/updates on the bossman since Anita's reply on 9/19/09?

handeeman
09/27/2009, 08:37 AM
Any new reports/updates on the bossman since Anita's reply on 9/19/09?

Kinda been worried here, but lotsa prayers been sent that way!

handeeman
09/27/2009, 12:17 PM
:bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::b ump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bum p::bump::bump::bump::bump:

vt_maverick
09/28/2009, 10:40 AM
Ditto on the positive thoughts, well wishes, and worry for the latest news. For those that are close and might visit, be sure to pass along those thoughts for the rest of us on the site.

Everybody please forgive what might be perceived as a cold-hearted question, I am an IT manager so these things naturally come to my mind. Does Scott have a backup for his site/server admin duties? I was just thinking that if the site crashed and burned right now, it might not come back up for weeks...

ScottinMA
10/03/2009, 05:00 PM
Does anyone have any information about Scott? Been checking this thread but no info....Anita???

Scott (same name, different person...)

Gussie2000
10/03/2009, 07:34 PM
I log in last night to play call of duty & scott was in there,sounds alright to me.

Anita
10/04/2009, 09:59 PM
Sorry guys. I was away for the weekend and didnt get the chance to call. Last report was that he was on a med to counter the dizziness, but the med had to slowly be introduced. Too late to call tonight.. I will try tomorrow.

I keep hoping he will pop up. :(

pbkid
10/05/2009, 05:24 PM
I keep hoping he will pop up. :(

likewise :(

keep seeing this thread pop up, hoping the last post is his....but no luck yet..

tom4bren
10/08/2009, 12:43 PM
I wanted to do something to let Moncha know that we're all thinking about him. I'm going to print this in poster size & mail it to him tomorrow. I took the liberty of 'signing' it for everyone (hope you don't mind). I'll spend a little time in the morning trying to make sure I didn't leave anyone off.

Tom

Oops, the pdf is too big to post here.

This is the pic with everyone's 'handle' scattered on the photo

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/14352/ppuser/4/sl/m

vt_maverick
10/08/2009, 01:19 PM
Sounds like a really cool idea! Can't wait to see how it turns out! :thumbup:

handeeman
10/08/2009, 01:57 PM
I wanted to do something to let Moncha know that we're all thinking about him. I'm going to print this in poster size & mail it to him tomorrow. I took the liberty of 'signing' it for everyone (hope you don't mind). I'll spend a little time in the morning trying to make sure I didn't leave anyone off.

Tom

Oops, the pdf is too big to post here.

This is the pic with everyone's 'handle' scattered on the photo

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/14352/ppuser/4/sl/m

Great idea T4B, I sure miss the Boss.

Triathlete
10/08/2009, 02:33 PM
Very cool T4B! Thats my leg upper left corner!:bwgy:
Hope your doing alright Moncha! Take your time and do what you got to do to get back to 100%. We will all still be here waiting for you!

SilverBullet75
10/08/2009, 03:30 PM
Haven't been on in a while... Scott, hope you are doing ok! Feel better soon! We'll be praying for you. I look forward to shooting you in the butt soon. :p (If I can ever get online on Fridays...)

tom4bren
10/09/2009, 08:03 AM
It's coming along nicely but taking much longer than anticipated (lots & lots of members). I think it'll look really cool when done. I'll post a copy when complete. Hope to get it sent out on Tuesday (busy weekend & Monday's a holiday).

BTW, I'm glad Y'all like the idea since I'm putting everyone's name on it:)

nocturnalVX
10/09/2009, 09:47 AM
Very cool idea, and I can't wait to see the finished job. I called the Boss yesterday, but had to leave a message. I hope this is a case of no news is good news. We are with you Mr. & Mrs, Moncha!

Anita
10/09/2009, 09:53 PM
I talked briefly to Scott tonight... he still is dealing with some horrendous headaches, and medications which are supposed to help are proving toxic to his system. Lessening medications = worse headaches. Laura tries to keep the house as quiet as possible so everyday noises dont sound like explosions to Scott. His spirits are up, he's in pain, he's tired and he is pretty fed up with not feeling well. He does manage to crack a few jokes along the way. I send them all our well wishes - told him that this VX family is pretty adamant about wanting to know what is going on and wanting to help. If Laura gets a breather she may post something soon.

MSHardeman
10/09/2009, 09:59 PM
Anita,

Thanks for the update. It's good to know that Scott's spirits are still up and that he's still the goofy guy that we all know. If noises hurt him I guess the Colorado VX faction will hold off on visiting him for a while until he feels better. We can be a noisy bunch when we get together.

don moore
10/09/2009, 10:07 PM
yes ..thx alot

pbkid
10/10/2009, 02:12 PM
thanks for the update anita! mark and i were starting to get worried. we were thinkin of makin a visit, but we will hold off till he can handle us a little better.

maybe mail him some really good ear plugs ;) or maybe some noise cancelling headphones :naughty:

tom4bren
10/14/2009, 06:46 AM
I'm still not done with the poster but need to go ahead and get it in the mail. I'll finish it up & send a complete version later. This is what it looks like (only poster sized so he can read all the names).

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Moncha_poster.jpg

vt_maverick
10/14/2009, 07:03 AM
Very nice Tom! :thumbup:

vt_maverick
10/14/2009, 07:04 AM
But why are some names darker than others?

tom4bren
10/14/2009, 07:14 AM
But why are some names darker than others?

:_shrug:

It's not that way on the print (maybe it was something in the conversion from ppt to jpg).

Or ... alternate ending ... that's just an optical illusion.

Wish I had a higher res of the pic - poster size comes out pixellated (sp?).

MSHardeman
10/14/2009, 07:20 AM
Excllent Tom! Thanks for doing that. I'm sure it'll lift Scott's spirits.

Ldub
10/14/2009, 07:35 AM
Thanks for taking the time to put that together Tom...:thumbup:

tom4bren
10/14/2009, 10:33 AM
Enny ting fer da boss.

The idea's been knocking around in the grey matter for a while. I just needed to get inspired.

BTW, That's prolly only about half the names in the members area. I'll hafta cut down the font size before I go any further (runnin out of room). The only problem is that it's so small on my screen I'm going blind trying to fit anymore in.:)

I thought about putting all the names in columns to make it easier but figgered that'd look dorky.

handeeman
10/14/2009, 10:35 AM
Very nice, kinda like playing where's Waldo, I think Scott will love it. Especially when he sees my name. j/k very good work.

MSHardeman
10/14/2009, 10:47 AM
Don't make the font too small, because as it stands it hurts Scott's head to try and focus on things. He may have to save trying to read all of the names for when he feels better....because he WILL get better....and SOON!

tom4bren
10/14/2009, 10:58 AM
On an E size print, the names are prolly equivalent to 18 font on letter size paper. Maybe I'll try scrunching them closer together to make more space before I change the font.

nfpgasmask
10/14/2009, 11:15 AM
Good job, Tom! I think Scott will really like it!

:thumbup: Bart

Gussie2000
10/14/2009, 11:27 AM
I wonder what you guys think 'bout sending greeting cards with a medium size photo taken with you & your VX together that scott can keep in a album for thanksgiving day ?

I think scott will love the idea of having all his "kids" & VX's on one album as a gift

Let us talk about it !

pbkid
10/14/2009, 11:40 AM
well done tom! looks great.
:thumbup:

gussie- ill follow along the rest of the group. whatever they decide to do...

tom4bren
10/14/2009, 11:57 AM
"sending greeting cards with a medium size photo taken with you & your VX together"

If everyone is on board with that approach, how about posting a pic of you in front of your VX in your gallery. Photoshop in your handle (& name if you want). I'll put them all on an SD card and send it to him with a digital picture frame.

Gussie2000
10/14/2009, 12:19 PM
"sending greeting cards with a medium size photo taken with you & your VX together"

If everyone is on board with that approach, how about posting a pic of you in front of your VX in your gallery. Photoshop in your handle (& name if you want). I'll put them all on an SD card and send it to him with a digital picture frame.

That's great idea !
I'm in

Anita
10/14/2009, 12:56 PM
I Agree!!! Great idea and very well done!:yesb:

PittVXr
10/14/2009, 01:00 PM
I Agree!!! Great idea and very well done!:yesb:

X2!

tomdietrying
10/14/2009, 01:39 PM
That's fantastic!!!!!! Scott will love it!!!!
Peace.
Tom

MSHardeman
10/14/2009, 03:33 PM
Fantastic idea.:thumbup: I will happily chip in for said digital frame.

don moore
10/14/2009, 06:20 PM
im in...... when do we need them in.

JoFotoz
10/14/2009, 08:01 PM
AWESOME.......nuff said.

I'm still not done with the poster but need to go ahead and get it in the mail. I'll finish it up & send a complete version later. This is what it looks like (only poster sized so he can read all the names).

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Moncha_poster.jpg

I'll chip in..help..print..whatever!!

jo

lasturbo
10/14/2009, 10:56 PM
[QUOTE=JoFotoz;175223]AWESOME.......nuff said.

Wow, I'm in!!

PK
10/14/2009, 11:39 PM
Fantastic job Tom.

Looks like he is about to run over me - serves me right for jacking one of his threads LOL.

Get well soon Scott.

PK

tom4bren
10/15/2009, 05:45 AM
AWESOME.......nuff said.

I'll chip in..help..print..whatever!!

jo

Print's done and sent. Scott should have it by the end of the week.

Y'all can go ahead and start posting pix now. Don't forget to put your handle on the photo. If you can't photoshop ... just hold up a sign in the picture. Remember, pix of your rig are great but what we're really after here is a pic of you with your rig.

tom4bren
10/15/2009, 05:48 AM
Fantastic job Tom.

Looks like he is about to run over me - serves me right for jacking one of his threads LOL.

Get well soon Scott.

PK

Purely random placement:yesy:

I've already started shifting the names around to make more room to finish the job so maybe you won't be Moab road kill after all:)

Gussie2000
10/15/2009, 08:32 AM
This project is good idea tom
Honestly was my girlfriend who told me about the greeting cards & photo idea (she loves to send greeting cards) I told her about the digital frame with SD card & she was like WOW much better.
This weekend my sis is getting married so i'll have the opportunity to take the shots,forecast shows that rain will be all over the northeast.hope it give us a break this saturday.

Tom i think we all shall have the pics ready to be loaded into the SD card & digital frame ready to be sent to scott's house at least two weeks before thanksgiving day.

Tom how can we help to cover the cost of the digital frame & SD card ?

pbkid
10/15/2009, 09:50 AM
ill try to get a good picture to put in....

tom4bren
10/15/2009, 09:59 AM
Tom how can we help to cover the cost of the digital frame & SD card ?

Whenever you post your pic, make a site donation. It's all on the honesty system. I don't wanna know if you did or not or how much you donated. If the "help out Scott" site is still active, you could make a donation there instead ... 'It don't make no nevermind to me'.

When it's all done, I'll put the pix on my pbase site. If you want to create your own digital picture frame, you'll be able to download the pix from there. I'll post the URL when it's done.

Ms Moncha
10/18/2009, 09:50 AM
Tom, Gussie and All VX Family:
I have just finished reading the threads to Scott this Sunday morning. He is still having headache problems and we will be going to Denver soon to see the Neurologist. But I am having trouble writing this post as I can't see thru the tears. You have brought me to my knees with your unconditional love, good wishes, prayers, thoughts, support, and encouragement to keep hanging in there.

The poster is AWESOME. I read the names to Scott. It is a great surprise and will be framed and mounted soon. I am overwhelmed with the picture frame idea. Scott (and I) would truly, truly love to see all of the family, everyday with their smiling faces and their VXs.

We just don't know what else to say. In all sincerity, you inspire us with your support and willingness to freely do what ever, whenever with your brilliant ideas. You are all so creative and it just multiplies. You always know the right things to say (post).

I will promise to do a better job of posting updates on Scott. I had a bit of an accident myself recently with a lady that rear-ended me at a stoplight, while talking on her cell phone. I was stopped. She didn't. That slowed me up but am getting better.

Scott and I can't believe that this whole Family was formed off of one little, 2-door vehicle. Amazing.

Love,

Ldub
10/18/2009, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the update Laura.
I just read it to Pat, & it put a smile on both our faces.
Sorry to hear that the Boss is still having headaches, & about your acci-dent.
But happy to hear that some good is coming of all this...:heart:

:heart:...There is no Fam, like VX Fam...:heart:

Big Time XXX's & OOO's to You & The Boss!...:yesgray:..:flower:

VX KAT
10/18/2009, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the update Laura.
:heart:...There is no Fam, like VX Fam...:heart:
Big Time XXX's & OOO's to You & The Boss!...:yesgray:..:flower:

Yeah, what he said! :thumbup: x1000 !!!! :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

handeeman
10/18/2009, 10:32 AM
Scott and I can't believe that this whole Family was formed off of one little, 2-door vehicle. Amazing.

Love,

Being one of the junior members (owning my VX a little over a year), I would say what is amazing is that Scott (& Laura) had the love of one little 2-door vehicle to create this site and see if there were others that felt the same way. It's kinda like "If you build it they will come". I was hooked the 1st time I visited this site, I could feel the good vibes and read the members post in attempt to help each other. That all comes from the top. I am proud to be associated with this group.
Sorry, to hear about the accident Laura. You just take care of youself and "the Boss". We'll be fine here, post updates when ya can and feel like it. Prayers and good wishes continue to head your way.

lasturbo
10/18/2009, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the update Laura!!
Our thoughts and prayers are with you!
The VX Fam is "rare" indeed just like our PUV's!!
:group:
:LineWave:

Scott Harness
10/18/2009, 02:54 PM
I could feel the good vibes and read the members post in attempt to help each other. That all comes from the top. I am proud to be associated with this group.

x a million!!! Thanks Laura... Keep on keeping on! much LOVE and CHI coming your way. Catch it

don moore
10/18/2009, 03:35 PM
who do i send the pic to

Gussie2000
10/18/2009, 06:51 PM
Whenever you post your pic, make a site donation. It's all on the honesty system. I don't wanna know if you did or not or how much you donated. If the "help out Scott" site is still active, you could make a donation there instead ... 'It don't make no nevermind to me'.

When it's all done, I'll put the pix on my pbase site. If you want to create your own digital picture frame, you'll be able to download the pix from there. I'll post the URL when it's done.

Gotcha !

Donation & pic will be done this coming weekend ! :yeso:

Gussie2000
10/18/2009, 07:07 PM
Tom, Gussie and All VX Family:
I have just finished reading the threads to Scott this Sunday morning. He is still having headache problems and we will be going to Denver soon to see the Neurologist. But I am having trouble writing this post as I can't see thru the tears. You have brought me to my knees with your unconditional love, good wishes, prayers, thoughts, support, and encouragement to keep hanging in there.

The poster is AWESOME. I read the names to Scott. It is a great surprise and will be framed and mounted soon. I am overwhelmed with the picture frame idea. Scott (and I) would truly, truly love to see all of the family, everyday with their smiling faces and their VXs.

We just don't know what else to say. In all sincerity, you inspire us with your support and willingness to freely do what ever, whenever with your brilliant ideas. You are all so creative and it just multiplies. You always know the right things to say (post).

I will promise to do a better job of posting updates on Scott. I had a bit of an accident myself recently with a lady that rear-ended me at a stoplight, while talking on her cell phone. I was stopped. She didn't. That slowed me up but am getting better.

Love,

Thank you ms laura !

Hope you guys can get over this unlike situation pretty soon.I really miss friday's call of duty meetings.

You guys rocks & i'm proud to be here with all you. :yesgray:

tom4bren
10/19/2009, 06:32 AM
Laura,

Thanks for the update. Not a day goes by that I don't think about you & Scott. The poster is from the whole VX family & we're just glad to have something for Scott to enjoy during his recovery.

Woo Hoo - Old guys rock. Don has already posted his pic. All you snot nosed kids can just hang your heads in shame.:)

Don - that shot is perfect ... exactly what I was looking for.

Resolution doesn't matter. When I post them to pbase, one of the download options is 640x480 (which is what most digital frames want).

You are welcome to include spouse/kids/pets/significant other in the picture. This is the family picture album.

If you don't want to post a pic to a public forum, PM me & I'll give you my email addy to send it to (& I'll keep it off of pbase as well if you want).

BTW, you don't have to donate to the site to participate in this, it's voluntary and anonymous. Some asked how to contribute & since I don't have a paypal account, an extra donation to the site is best-est/easiest.

Edit:

Further discussions concerning the picture frame should go here (keep this thread for updates on Scott):

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?threadid=16724