PDA

View Full Version : BG 44K Power Enhancer

JAMAS
09/17/2009, 06:49 AM
I have been hearing rave reviews about BG 44K Power Enhancer (fuel injector cleaner). I am thinking about giving it a try. Anyone have any thoughts for or against it?

I think I am going to buy and "install" a can today at lunch.

spaceCADETzoom
09/17/2009, 07:26 AM
Just used a can of BG CF5, which is basically 44k with a fuel stabilizer thrown in the formula. I absolutely believe in this product. I used a shotgun process with the fuel system in solving my increasingly bad idle/stalling issues. I think I got most results from the BG coursing through than any other single thing. Funny coincidence, I just posted about BG stuff yesterday: http://vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?threadid=16567

I partly posted about it because I couldn't find anything about 44K through searchin on the forum. So I figured at least that thread would now pop up with idle, stalling, mpg, etc, issues.

JAMAS
09/17/2009, 07:34 AM
Just used a can of BG CF5, which is basically 44k with a fuel stabilizer thrown in the formula. I absolutely believe in this product. I used a shotgun process with the fuel system in solving my increasingly bad idle/stalling issues. I think I got most results from the BG coursing through than any other single thing. Funny coincidence, I just posted about BG stuff yesterday: http://vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?threadid=16567

I partly posted about it because I couldn't find anything about 44K through searchin on the forum. So I figured at least that thread would now pop up with idle, stalling, mpg, etc, issues.

Actually, I read your post and that is what started me looking through the wide open spaces of the inter-webs. I figured I would start a fresh thread about it to get ideas. I also didn't want to thread-jack ya.:)

spaceCADETzoom
09/17/2009, 08:00 AM
I also used a can of seafoam, but threw it ino the engine directly when changing the oil. THrew in half a can and ran the car for 20 minutes. Gunned the throttle a few times. I then threw in the other half with the new oil. All just to get any gunk in the engine.

I've read about seafoam in the fuel system, but I"ve used that in the past and never felt a discernible difference. LIke any other fuel addiitve if used in the tank,for me. The BG 44k though, noticeably improved idle in during that tank full. Seafoam in the engine gave me piece of mind in clearing out engine gunk. BG cleared out the fuel system gunk.

circmand
09/17/2009, 08:10 AM
No disrespect to you guys intended but I often here rave reviews on products. I always wait to see scientific. Any of you run it with a scan gauge, or do some math, or put it on a meter to find out if you saw any improvement. Afterall my VX seems to have good days and bad days when it rubs better or worse. In addition you can run straight starter fluid and have a good burn but once you burn through it your back where you started so it may only be covering up the issue not solving it. I have never used it so I do not mean to disparage the product just want more detail.

JAMAS
09/17/2009, 09:48 AM
well....I just "Installed" the power enhancer and here is my report....

after 5 miles driven...
...all of my scratches have been fixed
...tread has been added to my tires
...windshield washer fluid refilled itself

Other than that...nothing to report yet.

I was just looking for a good quality fuel injector cleaner. I didn't have any problems that I was looking to "fix". So as long as nothing breaks, I am a happy camper. Aside from some overflow that went down the overflow hole (hopefully that doesnt hurt anything) I haven't had any problems yet. I will re-post any changes after this tank of gas.

spaceCADETzoom
09/17/2009, 07:14 PM
No disrespect to you guys intended but I often here rave reviews on products. I always wait to see scientific. Any of you run it with a scan gauge, or do some math, or put it on a meter to find out if you saw any improvement. Afterall my VX seems to have good days and bad days when it rubs better or worse. In addition you can run straight starter fluid and have a good burn but once you burn through it your back where you started so it may only be covering up the issue not solving it. I have never used it so I do not mean to disparage the product just want more detail.Well that's the thing, I didn't use it as a power enhancer...i didn't use it as a fuel additive. I'm highly suspicious of snake oil too. I used it to fix a major idle problem. It became a stalling while driving problem. THe BG stuff helped stabilize the idle. All the science I needed.

In the case of the 44k, I wasn't looking for a fuel mileage increase or octane booster, or any other tall claim. I wasn't aiming for extra MPG, I was looking to fix a problem. The demonstrable effect was a fixed idle. Granted, I did not have a control in this experiment. And final results were with plenty of other variables (new spark plugs, cleaned out throttle body, idel control solenoid, FPR, MAF). But the variables were introduced individually. My end result was from ALL variables together. I'm just noting that the BG CF5 made the VX drivable from an undrivable condition. I still went on to change spark plugs,etc; the BG got me back on the road at the very least). THe entirity of my fuel system work resulted in the end result of a clean idle and 19.5 MPG with a lifted VX and heavier 32in tires. That's my demonstrable proof. Enough for this skeptic. I still don't feel anything I can buy that goes into the tank is worth the money. I've tried most of them. THe BG was the only thing that had any noticable effect for me. But I was in a very bad condition to begin with. And I will say that you probably need my situation to see such drastic results (go from bad stalling problems and introduce a lot of other variables on top of BG CF5). I couldn't tell you the effect of BG products as a "power enhancer." I get the feeling "power enhancer" as a term is intentionally vague. But I can tell you from first hand experience that it helped fix my issues.