PDA

View Full Version : My idle issues.

VX-157
09/16/2009, 05:25 PM
Over the last couple of months the VX has not been idling smooth at all. Fluctuations whilst idling at lights etc. after reading the forums (gotto love em :D) and the help from a very patient and understanding mechanic we have finally fixed the problem. And funnily enough it was not the common idle problems that most vx’ers have. Ie IAC valve etc.

After some reading on the vx forums I followed the suggestions of cleaning the IAC and EAC valves. Still had idle issues. Was not looking forward to the parts bill on replacing them…

My mechanic just had a new diagnostic centre delivered from BOSCH and he was keen to see how my red beast would work with it. (keep in mind that the vx is not listed in the diagnostic data base)

He discovered the following.

The fuel purge solenoid was not working as it should. So he bypassed it. Also the air temperature sensor (air intake I think…will need to check that again) was out by 15 degrees.

Fixing both of these issues has returned the hum back to my vx. I could not be happier! :D

I just thought I would share this info for the benefit of JDM drivers.

Sprey
09/16/2009, 09:16 PM
Over the last couple of months the VX has not been idling smooth at all. Fluctuations whilst idling at lights etc. after reading the forums (gotto love em :D) and the help from a very patient and understanding mechanic we have finally fixed the problem. And funnily enough it was not the common idle problems that most vx’ers have. Ie IAC valve etc.

After some reading on the vx forums I followed the suggestions of cleaning the IAC and EAC valves. Still had idle issues. Was not looking forward to the parts bill on replacing them…

My mechanic just had a new diagnostic centre delivered from BOSCH and he was keen to see how my red beast would work with it. (keep in mind that the vx is not listed in the diagnostic data base)

He discovered the following.

The fuel purge solenoid was not working as it should. So he bypassed it. Also the air temperature sensor (air intake I think…will need to check that again) was out by 15 degrees.

Fixing both of these issues has returned the hum back to my vx. I could not be happier! :D

I just thought I would share this info for the benefit of JDM drivers.

Sweet man, Wonder what would of happened if he had changed the Fuel Purge Solenoid instead of by passing it?

Im always happy as once i get my vx back from the shop may have been 4 hours there but soo good to get back in it :)

VX-157
09/16/2009, 10:43 PM
Sweet man, Wonder what would of happened if he had changed the Fuel Purge Solenoid instead of by passing it?

Im always happy as once i get my vx back from the shop may have been 4 hours there but soo good to get back in it :)

It was a logistical reason as we were having troubles finding a replacement for it.

I am always happy to pick up my vx from him. There is always a nice bag of lollies in the center console :yesgray::p

etlsport
09/17/2009, 05:35 PM
hm id been having a rough idle and some pretty noticable loss of low end torque.. i just figured it was the engine getting older.. then while checking the oil the other day, noticed a plug that goes to the area of the fuel pressure regulator was unplugged.. once it was plugged back in, all was normal