PDA

View Full Version : Personalized Plates..

CrnCnn
09/16/2009, 10:42 AM
I was thinking of some things for my VX since my registration is up next week. I want either VXMAFIA OR CRNCNN.

Vote and let me know what you think?.

Nevermind.... Pelon isnt available..:mad:

ZEUS
09/16/2009, 10:49 AM
You forgot to list "BAKA"! ;)

CrnCnn
09/16/2009, 10:50 AM
You forgot to list "BAKA"! ;)

No kidding huh... Sux Pelon is taken I was gonna get that.

ZEUS
09/16/2009, 10:55 AM
VXMAFIA isn't too bad - VX1619 would be kinda cool too tho!

snowtrooper1966
09/16/2009, 11:05 AM
I would be surprised if they let you have VXMAFIA. I know here in cali they screen submitted requests, and often reject for "bad taste or morally offensive" reasons. I used to partake of the sacred herb daily, and wanted to incorporate that in my plate for a Jeep I owned seven years ago. I tried a few blatent entries, and with those being denied, I came up with 4XTWNTY. When you submit, you have to explain what the plate means. I said it stood for "4 x town toy". They still rejected it. So even if the plate comes up as available online, they still can reject them once the order is placed. I don't know if they are more forgiving in Nevada...
That being said, I do like the suggested VX1619.
Best,

JAMAS
09/16/2009, 11:20 AM
I would say go with your username so we all know who you are when we drive past you.

pbkid
09/16/2009, 11:30 AM
i say VX1619....

snowtrooper1966
09/16/2009, 11:35 AM
I will also throw this out there. I am a fan of personlalized plates that the general public can decifer, not something so esoteric that only closest family/friends can understand....

Gussie2000
09/16/2009, 12:01 PM
What about V-CROSS ?
That's what i'm gonna have for my toy

etlsport
09/16/2009, 12:28 PM
VXMAFIA isn't too bad - VX1619 would be kinda cool too tho!

i vote VX1619... thats what im doin for my VX.. (except VX0563) when the time comes..

personal to me, but not obvious to those trying to chase after me ;Db;

CrnCnn
09/16/2009, 12:37 PM
I actually like the VX1619 idea. I was also told by someone here that I may not be allowed the Maifia one.

handeeman
09/16/2009, 01:30 PM
How bout HANDMN or HANDEE, just a thought ? Oops those aren't in your poll.....I like VX1619 and also feel strongly about VXMAFIA

rowhard
09/16/2009, 01:43 PM
Been thinking of changing mine from VXLOVER to

1PMS VX

handeeman
09/16/2009, 01:52 PM
Been thinking of changing mine from VXLOVER to

1PMS VX

I get it, lmao, 1 Pretty Mean Stock VX. That's very nice.

Oops not to TJ I like VX1619.

Triathlete
09/16/2009, 02:06 PM
Arizona scans the requests also. In addition if they issue it and someone reports it as being offensive to them they take tem back. I was sort of surprised they issued me mine and that no one has reported it as offensive. Here you also have to explain what it means when you apply for it.
For those that don't know, my plate is ZUICIDL

How about 10-96 VX (anyone with law enforcement background will know what it means)

VX crazy
09/16/2009, 02:46 PM
Arizona scans the requests also. In addition if they issue it and someone reports it as being offensive to them they take tem back. I was sort of surprised they issued me mine and that no one has reported it as offensive. Here you also have to explain what it means when you apply for it.
For those that don't know, my plate is ZUICIDL

How about 10-96 VX (anyone with law enforcement background will know what it means)

Thats the 10 code for a crazy person. Thats why its my email address.....LOL

circmand
09/16/2009, 03:02 PM
betrnu

nfpgasmask
09/16/2009, 03:35 PM
Funny about the scanning of requests. I know they do it here too. I was asked what the meaning of STLTHVX was when I got mine. The lady told me some kids tried to "SPLIFF" one day and she said she denied it.

Best part is, I saw a car here the other day with plates that read: FURSELF

:laughing:

Bart

Knivx
09/16/2009, 05:05 PM
I was always gonna get "GOFRTHR" cuz some old sales literature i have of the vx had that as the plate. Probably never gonna do it though. Just bought my sweet Idaho wildlife plates and waiting on them. Just suprised nobody has done that one....that i've seen anyways:_shrug:

rowhard
09/16/2009, 07:17 PM
I get it, lmao, 1 Pretty Mean Stock VX. That's very nice.

Oops not to TJ I like VX1619.

Close, but no cigar.

try one bitchin VX (1PMS VX)

deermagnet
09/16/2009, 07:28 PM
Just bought my sweet Idaho wildlife plates and waiting on them. Just suprised nobody has done that one....that i've seen anyways:_shrug:

This is the plate I have on my VX. The regular PA plate is mostly white and looked terrible on my VX. At least it has darker colors and a couple cool cats. :coolb:
http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/graphics/plate-zoo-large.gif

I'm sure CrnCnn has considered a special fund NV plate.
http://www.dmvnv.com/images/wildlife.jpg
They have a bunch of others to choose from in NV.

Mark

alterastro
09/16/2009, 08:55 PM
Out of interest guys, can you tell this Brit how the personal plates thing works over there? Can you choose whatever you want and if it is available you can have it? And how much does it cost?

We have to choose from an avaialble list that varies depending on the cars age. There are some non-age dependent ones, but they are usually very expensive, such as VX1 etc. There are lots of rules about font, spacing, colours etc too, which why ours always look so boring! Prices range from about £300 up to hundreds of thousands! This'll give you an idea: http://www.regtransfers.co.uk/ Do you have a similar thing?

Here's mine, which I was quite lucky to get - my Surname is Gage :bgwo:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/n6age.jpg

Nick

Knivx
09/16/2009, 09:26 PM
My wildlife plates in Idaho were obviously extra. Plates and one year registration was around 75 dollars or so. Renewal costs 50 something a year for specialized plates and around 35 for just regular old plates(it's been awhile since i had regular plates, have "ski" plates on now so i could be wrong but you get the idea). To have them custom you have a certain space allowed and like was mentioned earlier you have to tell them what it means. ("GOFRTHR" = Go Farther) They usually take around 4-6 weeks to be made then are mailed to your house. Meanwhile you have a temporary registration that is good for that waiting time taped in the back window. Here in idaho and i believe all other states when renewing you have the option for 1 or 2 years and is renewed by placing a small sticker with the expiring month and year in the corner of the plate. Idaho alternates colour of stickers each year from red white and blue. Most states require two plates to be displayed on the vehicle. Front and back. I've had my front off for several months now and have yet to be hassled by the police about it.

Hope that kinda clears things up for ya.

Sprey
09/16/2009, 11:17 PM
Over here you get can only go up to 6 digits.
the plate i was thinking about getting is like this
VCR0SS, Only with the 0 as O is already gone so somewhere in Nz theres a Vx running around with the plate VCROSS.

I will most likely get a custom plate but spending $ on other mods to itl have to wait

Tho this plate kinda kills the stealthyness but id rather let people know what it is so they can go buy one :D
http://www.plates.co.nz/plates/temp/c4b710a84c2f70cd57ebea0f49f1e812.jpg

Riff Raff
09/17/2009, 12:41 AM
I will also throw this out there. I am a fan of personlalized plates that the general public can decifer, not something so esoteric that only closest family/friends can understand....

x2. When it comes to vanity plates, I definately want the general public to be able to easily figure out my plate. I am a huge fan of vanity plates and ALL of my vehicles have one on them. Yes; I pay quite a bit of extra money every year for the privilege, but the money goes to the state wildlife, fish & game department (so it's for a good cause). Vanity plates are fun; and I love watching people in my rearview mirror at a stop light, when they finally figure it out.

For your curiousity, here are my current vanity plates:
"BIDEN4P" - My little daily commuter car (1980 Ford Fiesta)
"RE-VOTE" - My wife's daily commuter car (1991 Ford Festiva)
"ZR-ONE" - on my 1990 Corvette ZR-1
"FRITZ" - on my 1968 Mercury Cougar
"LT1 PWR" - on my 1995 MasterCraft ski-boat
"TOJO-1" - on my 1978 FJ-40
"V-X" - well, you know. I intentially wanted a hyphen/dash in between the letters to signify the title of Vehi-Cross. I didn't want some average bloke thinking it was my personal name initials like Victor Xavier (if I just had "VX" for example). If I was unable to get "V-X", then I was thinking about "PROTON" or "2RARE4U".

Other plates I've owned over the years were:
"UR2DML8", and my most favorite vanity plate which got canceled was "HMFIC" (yes, I still have the actual plate hanging on my garage wall).

handeeman
09/17/2009, 01:57 PM
Close, but no cigar.

try one bitchin VX (1PMS VX)

Oh now I get it ! (I kinda thought I'd get that response.) "1 pretty mean stock VX" j/k :smilewink

10 96 VX is nice too.

crotchrocket
09/17/2009, 03:04 PM
Out of interest guys, can you tell this Brit how the personal plates thing works over there? Can you choose whatever you want and if it is available you can have it? And how much does it cost?

We have to choose from an avaialble list that varies depending on the cars age. There are some non-age dependent ones, but they are usually very expensive, such as VX1 etc. There are lots of rules about font, spacing, colours etc too, which why ours always look so boring! Prices range from about £300 up to hundreds of thousands! This'll give you an idea: http://www.regtransfers.co.uk/ Do you have a similar thing?

Here's mine, which I was quite lucky to get - my Surname is Gage :bgwo:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/n6age.jpg

Nick

theres loads ov Mud plates for around 250 quid on the dvla website, theres a few vx ones too!

SilverBullet75
09/17/2009, 03:16 PM
I want either VXMAFIA OR CRNCNN.

Question... what does CRNCNN stand for?

CrnCnn
09/17/2009, 03:19 PM
Question... what does CRNCNN stand for?

Its just my initials and my wifes initials.

SilverBullet75
09/17/2009, 03:26 PM
Its just my initials and my wifes initials.

ahhh... LOL
all this time I've been saying in my head: "Krinn-kin"
Now I know not to try to make it say something.

Hey, that makes it more of a mystery as a license plate!
LOL

I've had people pull next to me and say "I've been trying to figure out your plate... What the heck does it mean?" (VXSTLTH... Opposite of Bart's STLTHVX)

When you have to explain the VX part, it takes the mystery out.

nfpgasmask
09/18/2009, 09:05 AM
I've had people pull next to me and say "I've been trying to figure out your plate... What the heck does it mean?" (VXSTLTH... Opposite of Bart's STLTHVX)

When you have to explain the VX part, it takes the mystery out.

Yeah, the doofis who sits next to me always thinks it says "STEAL THE VX". Maybe it will be time for a change when my rego is up.

Bart

Cobrajet
09/18/2009, 04:10 PM
I saw this on a VW -- 4SFED VW, so why not 4SFED VX for you S/C guys?

Ldub
09/20/2009, 01:03 AM
I saw this on a VW -- 4SFED VW, so why not 4SFED VX for you S/C guys?

Now ya got me to thinkin'... SCVXDV8...:naughty:

Grif
09/20/2009, 07:35 PM
I'm kinda thinking of using "16OF135" since the VIN indicates mine is #16 of the 135 year 2000 Kaisers with the black/grey interior.

handeeman
09/21/2009, 06:34 AM
I'm kinda thinking of using "16OF135" since the VIN indicates mine is #16 of the 135 year 2000 Kaisers with the black/grey interior.

Does that mean mine is the 576th of 135?

back on post i kinda like CRNCNN.