PDA

View Full Version : Someone Got Into My VX Last Night

crotchrocket
09/14/2009, 01:45 AM
****ers!

3 hooded cnuts got into my VX last night, no idea how as thank fully there was no window broken and the locks were ok. They got spooked by my housemate who heard a noise. They left a piece of scaffold pole on the ground, presumably to break windows with so thank god they got in easy as i cant get a replacement!!

There was nothing really in there, they made a mess and stole a big tyre iron which is a bit worrying. Im getting an alarm fitted today

Sprey
09/14/2009, 02:42 AM
Gutted, thieving little *******, My sis's car got broken into the other day at the gym car park they put a screw driver under the lock popped the handle out halfway and lifted the unlock rod.

Not sure if they went through the vehicle as my sub and amp are still in the boot lucky :p.

Tho 4 other cars got done over too. prob around 6pm.

I might upgrade my alarm later too as mine isnt the best

kirk hilton
09/14/2009, 03:36 AM
I'm so so sorry to hear that. Lucky it didn't get damaged. I had to get an approved alarm and immobilizer fitted as a condition of the insurance. It is a Cobra and cost 180 fully fitted (they also removed the unapproved one for the price) , and it has a remote fob and also controls the door locks - very nice. I'm afraid that any car that nice, expensive or unusual gets noticed by the bastards. The other thing you could do is keep a bit bull in the back the ultimate any theft device.

PS make sure that the alarm is fitted by an industry approved fitter and you get a certificate from them as this can be sent to your insurer which will reduce the premium.

crotchrocket
09/14/2009, 06:36 AM
Have got a Clifford Avante Guard coming tomorrow with proximity sensors, tilt sensor, glass interferance sensor, door boot and bonnet sensors, imobilisor,anti car jacking mode and a few other trick bits (didnt see the need for the remote start), Its costing a bit but my baby will be safe!! I think the salesman was playing on my fragile state as short of a minigun on a tripod near by its as safe as a car can get lol i may have gone overboard a bit!

Ldub
09/14/2009, 06:52 AM
Dwelling mounted, self aiming/heat seeking laser cannons...triggered by the alarm...:naughty:

crotchrocket
09/14/2009, 07:03 AM
Nice.....LIKE IT !!!!!

WormGod
09/14/2009, 07:17 AM
Have a dog? Make your vehicle the dog house for the night. Nothing like some soon-to-be kibble thief popping open a door only to have a doberman launch out at his throat. ;)

Don't think I haven't thought about it....

don moore
09/14/2009, 07:39 AM
Have a dog? Make your vehicle the dog house for the night. Nothing like some soon-to-be kibble thief popping open a door only to have a doberman launch out at his throat. ;)

Don't think I haven't thought about it....

would be a good idea for a game add in..

vt_maverick
09/14/2009, 08:00 AM
Makes me so thankful to have a garage, especially since (at the moment) the doors are half-broken and would probably give the would-be burgalar a hernia before he got them open. :p

Sorry for the incident, but like you said, thankfully they didn't break a window, tear a seat, etc. - things that would have been very difficult to replace.

crotchrocket
09/14/2009, 08:31 AM
I am very greatfull out the outcome!!! just hurts to pay £500 on an alarm when that would pay for a roof rack, spot lamps, boot build etc :(

Y33TREKker
09/14/2009, 09:34 AM
No indication then as to how they were able to get inside without breaking anything?

I found out the hard way years back that there was an easy way for thieves to get into another vehicle I owned at the time. I had an alarm installed on that one because no modifications could be easily done to prevent that type of access, but if there's anything that could be added or modified on the VX to make it more difficult in future attempts...

alterastro
09/14/2009, 09:56 AM
... didnt see the need for the remote start

Thats a bugger James, but glad there was no damage!

It's a shame I didn't know earlier - I've got a mate who's a mobile alarm fitter - he would've done you a good deal!!!!

I have the remote start on my Paj and it's well cool :-). With the clifford, you'll have one or two spare 'channels' that you can wire to your headlights and horn for example. It's great fun when people come for a close look at the Paj and you start it up or bib the horn or turn the lights on from the house!

I have a cobra alarm on my VX with no trickery, but I'm thinking about it! :smilewink

Nick

Triathlete
09/14/2009, 10:41 AM
Sucks that your VX got violated by some little punks, glad to hear no damage. New alarm?...
http://www.enemyforces.com/firearms/glock17_3.jpg

Ldub
09/14/2009, 11:17 AM
Sucks that your VX got violated by some little punks, glad to hear no damage. New alarm?...
http://www.enemyforces.com/firearms/glock17_3.jpg

Dang Billy...did you pick that up in Moab somewhere?
I've been wondering where that went...:_confused
Same exact grip & everything...:yesgray:

Kidding about losing it of course, but the exact same grip that they only sold about a million of?...uncanny...:laughing:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/glockskw.jpg

crotchrocket
09/14/2009, 11:53 AM
BOOO

In all the messing around this morning i didnt bother looking in the boot as it was all there from what i can see but they stole my recovery bag with all 200 quid of off road gear :( :( ALL my ropes, shackles, high vis, KERR rope etc etc.....gutted

crotchrocket
09/14/2009, 12:28 PM
OH, and my socket set

alterastro
09/14/2009, 12:48 PM
B'stards

handeeman
09/14/2009, 12:51 PM
I'm very sorry for ya Crotch, luv for the Bobbies to catch the buggers. At least I'm glad they didn't mess up the VX..

mdwyer
09/14/2009, 01:48 PM
In all the messing around this morning i didnt bother looking in the boot as it was all there from what i can see but they stole my recovery bag with all 200 quid of off road gear.

WTF is with that? They did the same thing when they broke into my Subaru. They took the stereo (that sucked, anyway), left the remote for it, and popped the trunk from the driver's seat. I didn't discover that my emergency bag was gone until I finally drove off and discovered the trunk unlatched. Lost a map book, blanket, first aid kit, extinguisher, tow strap, and jumper cables.

Gawd, that sucked. I am soo sorry. I have literal nightmares about someone stealing my VX. That might be why it doesn't get out of the garage much anymore. :(

crotchrocket
09/15/2009, 09:43 AM
Cheers for the support guys. Well the guy came and fitted the alarm today and it started off with an arguement as he tried to charge me an extra 65 quid to wire in a boot sensor!!! Pretty much asked him to piss off but he had 200 quid of my money and wouldnt sell me the alarm on its own, i begrudgingly told him to fit it and i mounted a sensor in the boot and ran him a wire myself. He told be the blackjaxx function on the alarm was an extra module that i could by seperately which i have since found out is part of the system but he was too lazy to wire the alarm into the tacho and brake light, also he didnt set up the proximity sensor so i down loaded some instructions and did it my self. So for what eventually ended up costing 527.50 i am not at all happy, but the VX is safe at least. I mean what a lazy cowboy cock

BigSwede
09/15/2009, 01:53 PM
That sucks.

I don't even lock my Trooper, I just try to make sure there is nothing worth stealing in there...which is easier to do since it isn't my daily driver. I also don't wash it so there is no shiny bling factor to attract thieves, but I know that's not an option for you VX guys... ;)

nfpgasmask
09/15/2009, 04:45 PM
That sucks.

I don't even lock my Trooper, I just try to make sure there is nothing worth stealing in there...which is easier to do since it isn't my daily driver. I also don't wash it so there is no shiny bling factor to attract thieves, but I know that's not an option for you VX guys... ;)

X2, I just leave the Trooper wide open and empty. My VX lives in the garage now, where she belongs.

Bart

Mark B
09/15/2009, 05:01 PM
Sorry about your VX.
I always hope that some day those punks will have the same done to them.
If they are found, put them in jail for a few months or more.

Sprey
09/15/2009, 05:50 PM
What a bummer about the install, Like you say less its done now tho.

Is the wiring for our systems basicaly the same as the Us Vxs?.
If not was it a pain to get the right wires :S

castigan
09/16/2009, 03:17 AM
why would an alarm cost 500 pound ?? thats nuts.. thats like.. $1500nz $$... i brought an alarm here for $100 and fitted it myself.. central lockers working and immobilizer n all..grand total maybe $150nz.. thats.. 50 pounds,,,,.. like... yeow !

AK Falco
09/16/2009, 06:41 AM
not cool man. :mad: without any id's or proof it will be hard to find the ones responsible. That feeling of being violated by some one stealing your stuff.................. alright gang who is up for a trip across the pond for a little vengeance! JUSTICE! :madb2: :madb: :deado::deady::deadgray:
Ill be back!:supercool ha ha ha.......

crotchrocket
09/25/2009, 02:54 PM
Guess what.............................

Got home just now after a few Vedett's (you'll have to look in the beer thread ;) ) with Claire in Notting Hill and all my recovery gear was sat in my flat on the floor, the police brought it round whilst i was out :dan_ban::dan_ban:

theres an old Bomb shelter at the end of our garden in a very rare bit of waste london woodland that police found people living in yesterday!!! they had a good search of the area and foundsome of my stuff!!

i must say the police have been here most days since stuff started to go down around here and they've been great. I owe them some tea and a biscuit next time they come over.....or a pint :D

pbkid
09/25/2009, 03:10 PM
Guess what.............................

Got home just now after a few Vedett's (you'll have to look in the beer thread ;) ) with Claire in Notting Hill and all my recovery gear was sat in my flat on the floor, the police brought it round whilst i was out :dan_ban::dan_ban:

theres an old Bomb shelter at the end of our garden in a very rare bit of waste london woodland that police found people living in yesterday!!! they had a good search of the area and foundsome of my stuff!!

i must say the police have been here most days since stuff started to go down around here and they've been great. I owe them some tea and a biscuit next time they come over.....or a pint :D
;eeky; you have homeless people living in your garden and you didnt know it?!?! (or is this some sort of over the pond talk i dont understand?)

thats great news that they found your stuff and the culprits.. too bad you didnt get ahold of them yourself! :_mecker:

crotchrocket
09/25/2009, 03:23 PM
yeah, how messed up is that!!! Its a few meters beyond our boundry but the landlord has been refusing to put up a fence. Needles to say the police have now demanded they landlord seals the bomb shelter and erects a fence!

VX KAT
09/25/2009, 03:51 PM
Guess what............................. all my recovery gear was sat in my flat on the floor, the police brought it round whilst i was out :dan_ban::dan_ban:

Man, that is great to hear, don't think I've EVER heard of ANYBODY every gettin' their stuff back!! WOW!
....and DOUBLE GREAT that the landlord now has to put up a fence!!!

Sprey
09/25/2009, 06:28 PM
Awesome news man !!. Your prob over the moon haha.

Congrats :smilewink.

mdwyer
09/25/2009, 10:16 PM
they had a good search of the area and foundsome of my stuff!!

That is so great to hear! I only wish they found the actual thief so they could... I dunno... cut his hands off.

Ldub
09/25/2009, 10:35 PM
That is so great to hear! I only wish they found the actual thief so they could... I dunno... cut his hands off.

X 2...:thumbup:

Glad to hear some good news for a change...:dance:.:dan_ban:.:dance:

I'd still like to know:
1. How they got in your VX with no sign of forced entry.
2. How the Police got in your flat while you were out.
:_thinking

don moore
09/26/2009, 12:13 AM
grrrrrr..... glad you got them

crotchrocket
09/26/2009, 01:47 AM
X 2...:thumbup:

Glad to hear some good news for a change...:dance:.:dan_ban:.:dance:

I'd still like to know:
1. How they got in your VX with no sign of forced entry.
2. How the Police got in your flat while you were out.
:_thinking

No idea how they got in the vx but its a very simple lock mechanism and theres a metal wire running to the door pin, easy to hook it with a coat hanger??

I live in a shared flat, lol !! so my flat mate let him in.

alterastro
09/27/2009, 04:54 AM
Good to hear James, nice one ;)

alanbradley
10/03/2009, 11:46 AM
Result on the recovery gear, but that that still sucks. I have to admit that my VX doesn't have an alarm these days - the last one died in a cloud of rather worrying smoke from the dashboard and got pulled out pronto!

Must get the finger out really... It site in my drive 4 days a week when I'm away in Manchester for work.

A