PDA

View Full Version : Are these parts still available?

Mrmonk7663
09/13/2009, 08:56 PM
I'm looking for some parts. I will make a list. Please let me know if they are available.

Carbon Fiber Hood insert with scoop
Carbon Fiber intake tube
Light bar (NOT the longhorn one)
Seat Extension Kit
Rear Door Popper Kit
Hot Shot Intake Kit
Power Vault II muffler (or I ir you know where one is)

Basically im interested in lots of stuff on the TONE MONDAY site but don't know where to get it. Surely all of this stuff did not become unavailable with his passing?
Thanks everyone.
Mike

Triathlete
09/13/2009, 09:18 PM
Most of his stuff was fabbed upon order. I do not believe he kept much stock on hand. Mostly all of this stuff will probably only be available if another owner decides to sale theres.
*The PV mufflers are no longer manufactured.
*The CF hood inserts were made by CF1 but not with great sucess. They made a few for some of the members but most were not totally satisfied with the quality and then CF1 sort of disappeared.
*The light bar is a JDM only option that is no longer available unless again you find someone willing to sale...as far as I know none have made there way to the states.
*HS intake is no longer made as far as I know...again, would have to wait till someone wants to part with theres
*The door popper kit and seat extenders were a Tone Monday project and there may be a few still floating around but I am not sure.
Good luck in your quest!

Mrmonk7663
09/13/2009, 09:56 PM
Good lord, that is some of the most depressing news i've heard. I love the VX but it sucks parts are scarce and drying up.

VX KAT
09/13/2009, 10:17 PM
I had my stereo/audio guys do my hatch popper kit...they had no problem putting it together and getting the parts. They said it was rather straight forward. Just an idea.

Ldub
09/13/2009, 10:52 PM
I'm looking for some parts. I will make a list. Please let me know if they are available.

Carbon Fiber Hood insert with scoop
Carbon Fiber intake tube
Light bar (NOT the longhorn one)
Seat Extension Kit
Rear Door Popper Kit
Hot Shot Intake Kit
Power Vault II muffler (or I ir you know where one is)

Basically im interested in lots of stuff on the TONE MONDAY site but don't know where to get it. Surely all of this stuff did not become unavailable with his passing?
Thanks everyone.
Mike

The carbon fiber intake tube was for S/C'd applications, but IIRC the potential supplier that Tone was dealing with never came through.

See posts 54 & 56 here for a door popper...:luck:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=16114&highlight=door+popper&page=4

That particular auction has ended, but this is the vendor.

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/autopartshaus/

vt_maverick
09/14/2009, 08:15 AM
You may have luck on buying the seat extenders from members here. As I understood it, Tone's original extenders were 4.5" but a lot of buyers found that it pushed the seat too far forward for tall passengers. I believe he made a 2.5" for awhile, but found that many buyers now had the opposite problem. By the time I ordered mine from him he had settled on 3.5" as the best size. They work great - probably the most useful mod I've done so far.

So all that said, maybe you can find a (slightly) disgruntled member who's looking to unload an earlier generation extender. As long as you don't plan on having tall people sit in the front seat, I think the 4.5" would be fine. I occasionally let the wife drive my VX, and at 6'3" I find the 3.5" is the most I could tolerate without my knees hitting the dash.

FYI, good luck with the hunt!

Mrmonk7663
09/14/2009, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the lead on the door popper. I found the auction. Oficially if u have any ofbthe stuff for sale that I mentioned let me know everyone. Thanks

JAMAS
09/14/2009, 09:21 AM
I will have a used PVII muffler when I switch back to a quiet one within the next month.

circmand
09/14/2009, 10:39 AM
as mentioned above most of what you are looking for never came from Isuzu or the US version so scarcity is not a result of the low production numers these are all aftermarket mods. Most parts are still available from Merlin or if you have patience on this site or ebay so keep an eye out check everyday. I myself had a hard time finding a roof rack. Then an auto dismantler was selling seats from a VX he had a photo of the rig and I saw a roof rack and bought it at $200 ($100 less than what they sold for even then) plus had him through in a drivers sill for free and the roof rails.

Triathlete
09/14/2009, 10:45 AM
And if you have the $$ you can always have a local fab shop/guy whip you up pretty much anything you need. Check some of your local car/4x forums for recommendations.