PDA

View Full Version : Non-VX Snow tires

JAMAS
09/09/2009, 12:03 PM
In my journey to find a good all-terrain tire that's good in the snow for the VX (I think I am going for the General Grabber AT2 tires), I have begun to think about my wife's car/tires. This is the car that carries my precious cargo (wife and son) so perhaps I need to think about snow tires for her as well. We have 2 sets of rims for her car so I am thinking about getting a set of winter only tires.

As of right now, I am thinking I will get a set of Bridgestone Blizzak WS-60 in 215/55R17 for her 2004 Mitsu Galant GTS. Does anyone have any thoughts for or against these tires?

pbkid
09/09/2009, 12:36 PM
blizzaks are some of the best snow tires made :thumbup:

they are like gold in colorado

tom4bren
09/09/2009, 01:46 PM
In my journey to find a good all-terrain tire that's good in the snow for the VX (I think I am going for the General Grabber AT2 tires), I have begun to think about my wife's car/tires. This is the car that carries my precious cargo (wife and son) so perhaps I need to think about snow tires for her as well. We have 2 sets of rims for her car so I am thinking about getting a set of winter only tires.

As of right now, I am thinking I will get a set of Bridgestone Blizzak WS-60 in 215/55R17 for her 2004 Mitsu Galant GTS. Does anyone have any thoughts for or against these tires?

No comment on the Blizzaks but you should prolly put the precious cargo in the VX. JAMAS drivin' a Galant ... there's birth control for Ya.

WormGod
09/10/2009, 07:38 AM
blizzaks are some of the best snow tires made :thumbup:

they are like gold in colorado

+1

Cobrajet
09/10/2009, 04:01 PM
I have Blizzaks on my spare rims, but have only used them a few times in the last 5 years. When I did use them I felt very comfortable. I prefer the "stay at home" method of snow driving, though.

pbkid
09/10/2009, 05:25 PM
you guys are gonna think im crazy, but it makes me happy and relieves stress to go driving around late at night in the snow...

to see the HID's reflecting off the snow, and just have that 'only person on the road' peace is amazing... and the VX is so much damn fun in the snow :)