PDA

View Full Version : wrecking out 97 JDM vehicross

castigan
09/05/2009, 04:35 PM
there is a japanese vehicross 1997 here in nz at a wreckers, nearly all parts are there as there are less than 20 vehicross in nz! anyone who wants parts pm me and ill give you the wreckers email. shipping isnt wildy expensive with your us $, and parts would be cheap to... tho i suggest you negotiate the price as hes a little off the mark on some items!!! $100 us = approx $150 nz at the moment... so i guess even with shipping there would be some bargains there for you all..

VCrossfan
09/05/2009, 06:11 PM
PM sent on the pair of rain/wind deflectors JDM style ...

Sprey
09/05/2009, 06:31 PM
Rofl I knew Vcrossfan would beat me hahaha.

Castigan, Could you send me the Email of the wreckers, Might be a place ive already contacted. Awhile back.

Im not sure what parts i want, everything depends on price i guess

You sure about the Less than 20 ?, When people ask me ive always said less than 30 lol

castigan
09/05/2009, 10:09 PM
oh yeah.. less than 20.... im sure.... ive seen 5 in the north island since i got mine, but a mate who is a cop told me there is bugger all in nz...he said there were 19, but some dealer in auckland brought in 8 at once, which might upset that number...

Rofl I knew Vcrossfan would beat me hahaha.

Castigan, Could you send me the Email of the wreckers, Might be a place ive already contacted. Awhile back.

Im not sure what parts i want, everything depends on price i guess

You sure about the Less than 20 ?, When people ask me ive always said less than 30 lol

Sprey
09/05/2009, 10:38 PM
oh yeah.. less than 20.... im sure.... ive seen 5 in the north island since i got mine, but a mate who is a cop told me there is bugger all in nz...he said there were 19, but some dealer in auckland brought in 8 at once, which might upset that number...

Oh Ok, Ill just keep saying the under 30 to people that ask me then :p, Under 30 still sounds great so yea.

ive seen 2 silver ones around here, another green 1 like yours.
1 of the silver ones i spot quite alot around the Hutt, Then one i spot around the place is Possibly Anits he comes on the forums sometimes.
Seen a Green one simular color to yours in town in someones driveway once.
and another green one out in Tawa with a custom plate, Anit said it was something like 2000 Vx.

And of course the Trademe spottings is a good way to see them.

If you can get pics of this Vx would be mint to see what parts.

If it does have any extra Jdm stuff like the Litte Light holder at the front could be keen as :D

AussieVX
09/05/2009, 11:00 PM
Hey there,

Can you send me the details of the wrecker?? Still hunting a passenger side mirror....

Cheers, Ross

VX KAT
09/06/2009, 12:05 AM
PM sent!

castigan
09/06/2009, 12:14 AM
sorry guys im at home at the moment, tomorrow morning ill post the contact email here when i get to work. cheers...

johnnyapollo
09/06/2009, 04:24 AM
I'd be interested in the metal threshold covers if that one has them on it (JDS Isuzu accessory).

-- John

castigan
09/06/2009, 01:14 PM
adam.scott@4x4isuzu.com

email this guy everyone, tell him i sent you, (michael at nzlaptops ltd) tell him he best give me a good deal on the small left guard mirror now. coz i aint paying $281nz for it ever !!

Sprey
09/06/2009, 06:59 PM
:O pmed you castigan about the mirror.

crotchrocket
09/07/2009, 12:52 AM
Thanks Michael!! Sent him an email!

castigan
09/07/2009, 01:30 AM
ok im going to drive out there this weekend and see what parts are on it, from talking to adam it sounds quite intact, but original.

handeeman
09/07/2009, 08:18 AM
Sent e-mail asing if it had a roof rack ? i did advise adam i got the e-mail address from micheal at nzlaptops (micheal@nzlaptops) ltd.

mikemol
09/07/2009, 10:25 PM
I sent Adam an email about mud guards. Michael, when you go to look at it, take a look if it has them.
Thanks.

VX KAT
09/07/2009, 11:04 PM
I sent Adam an email about mud guards. Michael, when you go to look at it, take a look if it has them.
Thanks.

I already asked Adam about the mudflaps, he said it has none. (I thought all JDMs had them?:_thinking...maybe PO removed them)

johnnyapollo
09/08/2009, 08:29 AM
"Sprash Gards" were an optional accessory...

-- John

TheGanzman
09/09/2009, 10:46 AM
Just sent Adam an email on the steering wheel/airbag assembly...

vt_maverick
09/09/2009, 02:48 PM
Just sent Adam an email on the steering wheel/airbag assembly...

Think I beat you to it on that one... we'll see if he respects order of finish. :)

TheGanzman
09/09/2009, 06:40 PM
Think I beat you to it on that one... we'll see if he respects order of finish. :)

Maybe he's got two - the one he quoted me was off a '98...:confused:

Gussie2000
09/09/2009, 08:48 PM
I'll love to mod the dash to fit the double din screen :(

crotchrocket
09/10/2009, 01:22 AM
i got some prices a few days ago on the AC pump, wind deflectors, stereo surround and rear boot liner but he never came back with shipping costs for the AC pump i was interested in !!

castigan
09/13/2009, 10:14 PM
were his prices reasonable ?? im starting to think he is a bit whack on his prices... at least in kiwi $$$ he is....

vt_maverick
09/14/2009, 08:20 AM
I got part/shipping costs on the power mirrors and steering wheel last week, but when I asked follow-up questions on the rear view monitor and camera, I never got a response. From the quote I received the prices look pretty reasonable, including shipping. They're not cheap but appear to be consistent with the prices you would pay on OEM stuff through Merlin or isuzuparts.com here in the states.

TheGanzman
09/14/2009, 01:22 PM
I got part/shipping costs on the power mirrors and steering wheel last week, but when I asked follow-up questions on the rear view monitor and camera, I never got a response. From the quote I received the prices look pretty reasonable, including shipping. They're not cheap but appear to be consistent with the prices you would pay on OEM stuff through Merlin or isuzuparts.com here in the states.

I got the same (lack of) response on MY followup (questions) email too...:confused:

handeeman
09/14/2009, 01:41 PM
I had asked about a roof rack...Adam was very good at responding. unfortunately it didn't have one but he offered me the roof rails. I was impressed with the speed of his response and his willingness to help. Thanks for the thoughts Castigan.

don moore
09/14/2009, 09:48 PM
im looking for the V on the side names

castigan
09/15/2009, 03:43 AM
well hes still trying to stiff me $300nz for a guard mirror... hmph.. someone told me that little mirror is the same as a honda crv ? can anyone confirm that ??

crotchrocket
09/15/2009, 05:14 AM
still no word back !

vt_maverick
09/15/2009, 07:44 AM
I resent my message from last week with no response yet. Hopefully he just took the week off or something. Does anyone know another email address where they can be reached? If anyone wants to call directly this is the contact info on the quote I did receive:

STRONG GROUP SUBARU & ISUZU
63 ANGLE ST ONEHUNGA
Phone: 622-2072 Fax: 634-3700

castigan
09/15/2009, 12:45 PM
thats them...

vt_maverick
09/15/2009, 01:05 PM
Good news! Just got this in the mail:

Sorry for the slow reply, I have been away for the last few days.

Im going to work on trying to find these parts for you today and I will give you an email later on to let you know where im up to.

Thanks

Adam

Sprey
09/15/2009, 05:52 PM
well hes still trying to stiff me $300nz for a guard mirror... hmph.. someone told me that little mirror is the same as a honda crv ? can anyone confirm that ??

Haha, Ill try confirm if i get the chance :smilegray

castigan
09/16/2009, 02:47 AM
yeah.. adam at im a dumb wrecking yard says he walked to strong bros honda next door and that the mounts on them are totally different. personally.. im not beliving a guy who wants $300 for one little mirror......

Sprey
09/16/2009, 04:17 AM
yeah.. adam at im a dumb wrecking yard says he walked to strong bros honda next door and that the mounts on them are totally different. personally.. im not beliving a guy who wants $300 for one little mirror......

I reckon

Maybe the mount is different then, but the top piece it self could be the same

As why the jap has a pic like i showed ya XD

castigan
09/19/2009, 01:29 AM
how do you get the mirror off the guard anyway ???

Sprey
09/19/2009, 02:23 AM
how do you get the mirror off the guard anyway ???

no idea lol im doing work on my vx at the mo so 2mrw i might pop off part of the bumper and have a look maybe it has some sort of bottom at the bottom

vt_maverick
09/21/2009, 08:36 AM
FYI - I let the steering wheel go so it may still be available (I think Ganzman was already interested though?). Really wanted one in black/red instead of black/gray.

Happy hunting everyone...

TheGanzman
09/22/2009, 02:10 AM
FYI - I let the steering wheel go so it may still be available (I think Ganzman was already interested though?). Really wanted one in black/red instead of black/gray.

Happy hunting everyone...

I took a pass too - the scans of the one he sent ME for sale, the leather was not up to the level of condition as the rest of MY interior, which would have meant (for ME) that I would have had to send out the wheel to be recovered; bottom line - more $ than *I* wanted to spend...

vt_maverick
09/22/2009, 07:56 AM
I took a pass too - the scans of the one he sent ME for sale, the leather was not up to the level of condition as the rest of MY interior, which would have meant (for ME) that I would have had to send out the wheel to be recovered; bottom line - more $ than *I* wanted to spend...

Agreed - that was my other deciding factor. Lots of wear marks on the outer sections.

Off topic - I ordered the Dakine rack pads based on your recommendation and they look great! I posted pics in my gallery if you haven't seen them.

castigan
09/22/2009, 10:10 PM
none of the jap ones come with red/black leather do they ???

vt_maverick
09/23/2009, 12:18 PM
Correct, none of the JDM VX's came with the US-style red/black, but apparently they did come in their own two variations.

This is the steering wheel on this VX:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/JDM_Isuzu_Steering_Wheel_Gray_Lettering.jpg

This is what I'm after:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/P9070024.JPG

tom4bren
09/23/2009, 12:39 PM
A little B2B will fix'r right up.

vt_maverick
09/23/2009, 12:59 PM
Yah, but it won't turn the Isuzu lettering from gray to red.

tom4bren
09/23/2009, 01:06 PM
Ever hear of a red sharpie???

castigan
09/23/2009, 07:12 PM
how hard is it to remove the steering wheel ? im going to have a go at re-painting mine black as its quite worn... then i might make the isuzu red also :) with a felt pen .. :)

Sprey
09/26/2009, 07:00 PM
pulled off the bumper to have a look at the bottom of the mirror in the fender cant see it. part of the air intake in the fender is in the way but if you turn the top part of the mirror you can see 2 screws i didnt take mine out to investigate as i had other things to do at the time

VX-157
09/27/2009, 10:01 PM
none of the jap ones come with red/black leather do they ???

Mine does, LTD model. photos can be seen here.
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/14889/ppuser/3233/sl/h

sorry having troubles linking a image >.<
:yeso:

Roody
09/28/2009, 06:34 PM
Hi Guys, this my first posting.
I bought my silver from Auck a week or so back. There's also a red '97 in a Whangarei car yard. It's been there for a while - they askin too much!

Roody
09/28/2009, 06:37 PM
how hard is it to remove the steering wheel ? im going to have a go at re-painting mine black as its quite worn... then i might make the isuzu red also :) with a felt pen .. :)

Keep us posted on that one Mike. I'm keen to paint mine black as well! (oops! you mean your steering wheel - not your wagon!)

Gussie2000
09/28/2009, 07:24 PM
Hi Guys, this my first posting.
I bought my silver from Auck a week or so back. There's also a red '97 in a Whangarei car yard. It's been there for a while - they askin too much!

Welcome to the VX home ROODY ! :yesy:

Just post some pics of your new toy in here :p you know,kind of protocol stuff :winky:

Have fun !

Sprey
09/28/2009, 07:26 PM
Keep us posted on that one Mike. I'm keen to paint mine black as well! (oops! you mean your steering wheel - not your wagon!)

Welcome Roody soo good to see another Nz member on here XD.
Still see some other Vxs floating around Wellington, One day im gonna get them to come on here or at least there details to have a meet :D.

Yea post some pics up.
The one up your area is simularly priced to the other red Vx in Palmerston North.

castigan
09/29/2009, 01:54 PM
yeah the one in palmy has been there forever.. car dealers are greedy sometimes...

handeeman
09/29/2009, 02:02 PM
Hey welcome ROODY this may help...be careful of the air bag.
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=16452&highlight=removing+steering+wheel

castigan
09/29/2009, 02:24 PM
i had a go at painting my steering wheel while still in car. pretty easy to do..just make sure to use 2 coats paint AND a clear coat.. of youll have black paint on your hands when your palms get sweaty !!!

Sprey
09/29/2009, 05:48 PM
i had a go at painting my steering wheel while still in car. pretty easy to do..just make sure to use 2 coats paint AND a clear coat.. of youll have black paint on your hands when your palms get sweaty !!!

Come on wheres the pics :bwgy:

Everytime im in palmy always drive past the red one lol.

Going up there for a day with a mate one weekend, taking the vx and gonna park it outside his dealship then look at his vx. Im sure hel say something to me lol. My m8 cause the Vx diesease just after i got mine so yea hes after one.

castigan
09/29/2009, 06:29 PM
oh to remove the mirror.. twist it.. two screws underneath !! dead easy

castigan
09/29/2009, 06:55 PM
that red one in palmy must have been there 2 years now.... they guy needs to realise he is asking way to much money!!!!