PDA

View Full Version : Public Appology to Riffraff and everyone.....

LittleBeast
09/03/2009, 11:27 AM
I just wanted to officially apologize for publicly "going off" on Riff in a past thread, and creating a bad atmosphere here for a few. I was in a very bad mood last week, in fact one of the most stressful worst weeks of my life, and it seems I took it out on Riff for no good reason. Pretty much every post Riff has made has held a lot of facts and good info for most here, and I think we all appreciate his input and I am sorry for speaking ill of the one and only Riff. It is true we are all people and cannot always get along, but I just wanted to apologize to Riff and everybody else for my public criticizing of a fellow VXer's posts.

I thought about not going into any details as to why I was in one of the worst moods in my life, but you all are almost like family, so I figured some of you might actually care, the others of you don't have to read at all. I don't think any one thing had really upset me it is just a lot of things piling up and it seems that not too many positives are going on right now. So within 2 days of each other all of these things happened last week:

-Ended a 3-4 month relationship Wed thought it ended ok, then surprise yeah right, terrible hate texts out of no-where, very confusing
-Ex-girlfriend from last year (March I think) shows up to one of my public speaking engagements and tries to publicly humiliate me in front of group, we mutually ended things back in March and we were very friendly after everything, I have no idea where that came from either
-Increase of responsibilities at HBU (coaching), and Buffalo Specialties (sales), and having to decide whether to continue competing professionally through 2012 or not being forced upon me by others
-School starts back up at HBU the athletic director asks me to start teaching a class in addition to teaching the FCA Bible Study in addition to all coaching responsibilities.
-RX-8 battery died leaving me stranded at HBU, tranny scratching, rough idle, passenger visor fell off, sun roof stopped working
-VX air intake mount broke loose leaving hole between wheel well and engine bay, front wheel drive starting to grind on high speed right hand turns, A/C lights starting to flicker, windshield cracked
-Head coach at HBU is no longer encouraging me to continue competing professionally in decathlon, in fact she assumed I was done without asking
-Also sit down conversation with head track coach told me I was not working enough hours and I needed to do more around HBU

So needless to say, I just had a bad week and I am sorry for taking it out on Riffraff and the community here at VX.info Sorry guys and gals, won't happen again.

alterastro
09/03/2009, 11:34 AM
Sheesh. I don't blame you! I'm surprised you are still sane! Like you say we all have off days and yes, you are amongst friends and family here.

Nick :)

vt_maverick
09/03/2009, 11:56 AM
Understand the crazy ex thing... I check my old Hotmail account like once a month and found an email from my ex-wife last week. Apparently she ran into another one of my ex-es (girlfriend, not wife) and they decided to take a picture together and send it to me under the subject of "Is this yours?".

No offense to Anita, Crazy, etc. but I think the break-up process must be far more damaging to women. All of mine with the exception of one have gone crazy after things went south.

Women is crazy yo.

tomdietrying
09/03/2009, 12:22 PM
That's very stand up of you to do an apology like that. Sorry things are not going the best for you right now. The key words are "right now". Things will turn again in your favor.
Peace.
Tom

p.s.
I know what you mean. Riff gets me like that too. :)

Ldub
09/03/2009, 12:30 PM
That's very stand up of you to do an apology like that. Sorry things are not going the best for you right now. The key words are "right now". Things will turn again in your favor.
Peace.
Tom

p.s.
I know what you mean. Riff gets me like that too. :)

X 2...:thumbup:

However, it takes two...while all things mentioned are contributing factors, hearing the same rant for the umpteenth time, in ever more authoritative tones, is enough to push anyone to the edge...:rolleyesg

ZEUS
09/03/2009, 12:47 PM
You're a good man LittleBeast (is it Ryan?)! You show good character making such a gesture. I hear ya regarding the build up of stressors as I have been influenced by quite a few over the last year or so, as well. I think I am getting a better grasp but MAN has it been taking a toll on me! I formed an all-inclusive apology for some of my postings as well... I feel it was warranted, however, everyone is dealing with an abundance of new problems and new stressors the world over. We all simply have different ways of dealing with them. An emotional leak is bound to happen here and there. :yesgray:

You're a good peepz in my book! :thumbup:

Triathlete
09/03/2009, 02:27 PM
Hopefully everything will turn upward for you in the future Ryan. When your down there is only one way you can go. Now go out for a nice long trail run...that always seems to clear my head!
Finally, stick with your dreams and goals. Don't let others influence your decissions. If you do you will always be left thinking "what if".
Good luck!

AK Falco
09/03/2009, 10:13 PM
Bravo My friend. acknowledgeing our shortcommings is the only way to over come them. By the way......... I have met Riff Raff on more than one occasion and have nothing bad to say about the man. anyone who gets involved in this site is OK in my book, a group of enthusiast's joining together to form a knowledge base that is second to none.

BIG thanks to Scott:thumbup::work::clap::_beer::thanx:. and anyone who contributes financially or with helpful information to this site.

Dumke
09/04/2009, 12:36 AM
Man Ryan that does suck but I agree you can only be down soo far before things look up. I have felt that a time or two and just think to myself sooner or later I am outta this funk and Whola.. Wait no still fat.. (sorry off subjest lol, sorry was funny to me.) Anyways like all bad situations you can look back and laugh at them all. I know I do.

By all means follow your dreams.

hang in there bro and with those troubles sometimes its good to share your fam is here to help :)

VX crazy
09/04/2009, 03:52 AM
Sorry to hear about all that drama Ryan! Women have hormones, which makes them go psychotic, but men can go wacko too! Ryan sometimes older women are a little more stable, sometimes!

And I think thats great that you apologized to Riff!

tom4bren
09/04/2009, 05:23 AM
Ryan,

Sorry to hear of the rough times. My prayers go out to you. You're a stand-up guy. Best of luck.

Tom

KeithVXlvr
09/04/2009, 11:21 AM
Riff Raff tends to offer his opinion with no filter - that is why I get along with him so well. I am the same way. :p

I think - as Moncha has pointed out - we have all gotten way to emotional on this site at times. But this site is unique and highly valuable. Heck, I sold my VX but still hang around 'cause I may buy another someday and enjoy the banter.

A puiblic apology thread takes a lot of gumption - good job. :yesb:

pbkid
09/04/2009, 04:53 PM
ryan- keep your head up man.. and enjoy the little things in life.. (i choose to cruise in stitch (my vx) when things start getting rough. helps to clear my head)

happens to the best of us buddy ;)

Riff Raff
09/16/2009, 09:50 PM
Ryan (Little Beast)-- Thank you so very much for your very kind words, and I graciously accept your sincere apology with immense appreciation. It does seem your plate was a bit overflowing with stress, and perhaps I popped out of my gopher hole at the wrong time when you had a loaded shotgun in your hand.

I must admit the recent continued bombardment from the very few ironclad ships on this forum (yes, you know who you are) were starting to wear me down. To the point of me just picking up my play marbles and going home. However, my E-Mail & PM box has been getting full lately of fellow VX members worried about my whereabouts and requesting I return home here on the forum with the rest of my VX family. I hope I can have the Turkey Leg for dinner, because it's my favorite.

I truly realize my postings can be somewhat intimidating as I always write in a "justification style, supported by facts" method. I've discovered this style of writing prevents follow-on questions and educates at the same time. It is not to purposely irritate people, but rather to honestly help with good heartfelt intentions. Yes, some of my postings may appear repetitive; but only due to the fact that the same repetitive questions are being asked from noobie's. Rather than to force them to search, I tend to try to assist on-the-spot.

Again, thank you Ryan (Little Beast) for allowing me the opportunity to come back into your circle of friends. In addition, thank you to all who have posted on this specific thread and for all of your kind private E-Mails and PM's.

Lastly; and most importantly, thank you Scott (Moncha) for creating and especially "maintaining" your backyard playground full of VX kids. Fore without your steady hand on the keel, I am confident some VX kids would go astray. It is purely your guidance that keeps us all between the white lines on the road. Riff Raff

Knivx
09/16/2009, 09:56 PM
I just love happy endings.... Or happy new beginnings.... or happy occassions... Or whatever this would fall under... I'm just happy we all can work stuff out like civilized people unlike the poor pirate board.

Here's to the VX Family!:_beer::dance::dan_ban::dance::_beer:

PK
09/16/2009, 10:47 PM
Very good to see you back on the forum Riff Raff.
And I would like to add my apologies to yourself, and to Scott, for the dummy spit over skid plate material, and the serious thread jack in which it occurred.
Unlike Little Beast, I don't have any acceptable reasons or excuses, so please just put it down to old age. Let us hope we all live long enough to experience it.

PK

lasturbo
09/17/2009, 12:05 AM
I am proud to be part of a close knit group and/or "VX Family" who genuinely cares about each other through thick and thin. It is a warm and fuzzy we all need in these trying times whether it is relationships, our jobs, and our roller coaster of an economy. My final passing thoughts (or 2 cents) at midnight is nothing but good fortune to the VX Team!!!

ZEUS
09/17/2009, 07:55 AM
"Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got
Taking a break from all your worries sure would help a lot
Wouldn't you like to get away?

Sometimes you want to go - where everybody knows your name
and they're always glad you came
You wanna be where you can see - our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows your name..." ;)

nfpgasmask
09/17/2009, 08:16 AM
"Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got
Taking a break from all your worries sure would help a lot
Wouldn't you like to get away?

Sometimes you want to go - where everybody knows your name
and they're always glad you came
You wanna be where you can see - our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows your name..." ;)

:laughing:

Hope you feel better, Ryan.

:_beer: everyone!
Bart

Scott Harness
09/17/2009, 01:27 PM
I am proud to be part of a close knit group and/or "VX Family" who genuinely cares about each other through thick and thin. It is a warm and fuzzy we all need in these trying times whether it is relationships, our jobs, and our roller coaster of an economy. My final passing thoughts (or 2 cents) at midnight is nothing but good fortune to the VX Team!!!

x2:yesb: