PDA

View Full Version : Man vs Wild

djvx
09/02/2009, 08:30 PM
Anyone else a Man vs. Wild fan like myself? (Discovery channel) I find myself imitating that guy quite a bit. Kinda makes me want to go on a survivalist outing sometime :tweed:although some of the crap he eats would make me ;puke2;

JoFotoz
09/02/2009, 08:50 PM
Just make sure that when ya go....

Anyone else a Man vs. Wild fan like myself? (Discovery channel) I find myself imitating that guy quite a bit. Kinda makes me want to go on a survivalist outing sometime :tweed:although some of the crap he eats would make me ;puke2;

...you too , have a full film team , medics and support crew...

...standing by.

(Read the disclaimer at the end of every episode!)

OK..he's good...but its "REALITY" TV for gawds sake!

:cool:

jo

psychos2
09/02/2009, 09:01 PM
I prefer Survivorman . A lot more realistic. And he films it himself and has no help. shawn

CrnCnn
09/02/2009, 09:13 PM
Yeah, I like survivorman better but hes not on with new stuff anymore. I like Man vs. Wild but yeah its more entertainment value since I learned how he really "survives"

VX KAT
09/02/2009, 10:10 PM
I love both shows, but, yes they definitely are different. Also with Survivorman doing 7 days, and Bear Grylls only doing 3, I think that's some of the difference IMHO. I find both share such cool info and such gorgeous scenery that I can look beyond the "reality TV" aspect of it.

VXR
09/03/2009, 03:11 AM
I prefer Survivorman . A lot more realistic. And he films it himself and has no help.

X2

JHarris1385
09/03/2009, 09:00 AM
I love it. I dont care about the film crew and so forth. What he does is uses only when or if needed so for the sake of tv its fine that it is there. Considering the amount of time he is out in the 'wild' it just makes sense. His knowledge and ability to eat almost anything to survive shows his dedication.

This show mixed with the move Into The Wild - really makes me want to take a long camping trip on foot with minimal tools. A friend of mine hiked his way from souther AZ to the Grand Canyon on a three month excursion last summer with only $100 on him as an emergency.

Knivx
09/03/2009, 10:53 AM
I like survivorman better. When i first saw man vs wild i didn't like it for the fact he had the crew and all and was a little more daring with stuff he did for being in a survival situation. (Why would i risk hurting myself doing that? kinda stuff) But the more i watch it the more i like it.

tomdietrying
09/03/2009, 12:30 PM
I'm a big fan of both. They both provide entertainment vaule in different ways.
Peace.
Tom