PDA

View Full Version : 10 Worst Cars of the Last Decade

vt_maverick
09/02/2009, 08:06 AM
Heavy sigh...

http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story.jsp?section=top&story=worst-cars-2000s&subject=more

vt_maverick
09/02/2009, 08:09 AM
But on the upside:

http://www.examiner.com/x-11011-LA-New-Classics-Car-Examiner~y2009m9d1-Nippon-Nuttiness-19992001-Isuzu-VehiCROSS

Marlin
09/02/2009, 09:09 AM
Heavy sigh...

http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story.jsp?section=top&story=worst-cars-2000s&subject=more

I love my VX, but I would agree with the write up as it stands as an off the lot daily driver description. It is uncomfortable for long periods of time, especially compared to any other SUV, other than a Wrangler, ridiculously expensive(sticker price), and small. I can't imagine having one for anything other than offroading.

Let the flaming begin: :flame:

circmand
09/02/2009, 12:44 PM
I love my VX, but I would agree with the write up as it stands as an off the lot daily driver description. It is uncomfortable for long periods of time, especially compared to any other SUV, other than a Wrangler, ridiculously expensive(sticker price), and small. I can't imagine having one for anything other than offroading.

8th worst car built in the last 10 years? I bet this guy drive a 2-3 year old white sedan.

Gussie2000
09/02/2009, 04:12 PM

I do agree with few & don't with others....

1-Very pricey
2-Lack of headroom
3-Bumpy ride...yes,my butt hurts :p
4-No view further then the lenght of your nose

1-Comfortable for long rides
2-Noisy ? Where ?
3-Extreme style.

Knivx
09/02/2009, 04:20 PM
The video of the Car and Driver test called it a "Fullsize" spare:laughing:
I could care less what others think. I love the Vehicross. Always have. I still get compliments and looks on it. Even from members of my 4wd club who have much larger and more built jeeps and toyotas and hummers. They're amazed at how well it wheels stock and with the couple little mods i've made. One kid loved the flex, especially when i told him the sway bars were still hooked up.

That's why i bought mine and love it so. Who cares what others think. I own my dream car.

Scott Harness
09/02/2009, 06:02 PM
It is uncomfortable for long periods of time

What!?! I drive it 16 hours to Moab.The Recaros are sweet!

Knivx
09/02/2009, 07:38 PM

I think it varies from person to person. Went on a trail ride last weekend that lasted all day. My wife was complaining about the seats. The drivers is broken and leans a bit. The pass. is perfect structurally (sp?) I was sore and told her i'd gladly swap seats. I enjoyed the trail ride and driving in the vx in general alot more than she could ever understand so it's with that mindset i look past its lovable idiosynchrasies (sp?) (blast me tryin to be smart with big words to impress you all) I can see how people dislike them. they are more firm and mixed with the firm ride they definitely don't feel like caddy seats. I like them...will like once i fix mine.

VXorado
09/02/2009, 09:31 PM
The VX does not belong on this list. I doubt either of these guys ever even drove one. They claim "the low roof blocked even shorter driver's view." Earth to the idiots on Cars.com, I'm 6'6" and dont have any idea what you're talking about.

By their standards, my 350z should also be on the list. It seats two, cost $35,000 new, the cabin noise is unfortuntely way louder than the VX, and it has a very stiff ride. BTW the 350z is awesome and shouldn't be on this list... neither should the VX and thats the point.

Thank you Cars.com for making me dumber from reading your article ;puke2;

Marlin
09/03/2009, 03:36 AM

While I agree with the fact the Recaros are sweet, when compared to other vehicle seats, they are not all that comfortable. I ride in a SAS Rodeo RS at Uwharrie, those seats were stock, and amazingly comfortable!!! But big picture, for long periods of time, keeping my leg turned sideways so it can be on the pedals w/o hitting gas and brake at the same time and just so it fits, no drink holder, no arm rest on the left, bumpy, not sure about noise(I know mine is loud, but I made it that way), and the limited visibility add up to "no fun" for me on a long drive. For those that use the VX as your primary vehicle, "Bless your little hearts":). I am just grateful that I have my Expedition to pull the VX for extended trips.

Once again, I love my VX, but it was not designed to be a normal SUV, which is what it is compared to, hence the write-up it received.

BoarderCROSS2000
09/03/2009, 10:43 AM
I say stiff and sporty. Stiff and sporty = fun. Hell at my age when I can sport a stiffy its hella fun! Well, truth be told, most sports these days just make me sore... and stiff. Groan

Gussie2000
09/03/2009, 11:37 AM
The VX wasn't meant for all kind of drivers & much less for tall drivers,the low head room & the inclination degree of the windshield makes for tall drivers almost impossible to watch towards the sky & still force them to tilt the seats backwards for leg room.
I'm 5'8 & my forehead have been knock out by the door frame many times & every time it happens my girl looks at me & laugh about it,she went further ( as isuzu stats ) & printed a bright amber "watch your head gussie" sticker for me to place it on the door frame so every time i open the door i don't knock it any more.
Anyways guys,we got to remember that this little toy wasn't meant to be produced & sold to the public 'till the same public wows about it & we didn't want any mods done to it,we wanted as shown at the autoshow so that's what Isuzu did.

circmand
09/03/2009, 01:42 PM
I have driven mine
1. Vt to Pa and back several times
2. Pa to Houston Tx
3. Houston to AZ.

I have always felt the VX a very comfortable ride when the roads were in decent shape.

alanbradley
09/04/2009, 12:54 PM
imho... that story's a heap of ****e.

Although as the owner of both a Vehicross and a Yaris (Old style - Echo without the sticky-on bit at the back) I would say that.

A

4X4 UFO
09/04/2009, 01:30 PM
I've been a member of the addiction for a year and a half now, and I love the ride. I know the ride is harsh for some, but that stiff suspension is what makes it fun to drive. I really hate to get in a vehicle and feel like I'm sitting on someone's couch. And the longer the trip is, the more I need to be in a vehicle that I really love to drive. Most of the "negatives" in that article actually seem like positives to me.........I'll just fire up the ol' interplanetary drive every chance I get!

Randy

Ldub
09/04/2009, 10:45 PM
I have driven mine
1. Vt to Pa and back several times
2. Pa to Houston Tx
3. Houston to AZ.

I have always felt the VX a very comfortable ride when the roads were in decent shape.

I really hate to get in a vehicle and feel like I'm sitting on someone's couch. And the longer the trip is, the more I need to be in a vehicle that I really love to drive. Most of the "negatives" in that article actually seem like positives to me.........I'll just fire up the ol' interplanetary drive every chance I get!

Randy

X 2...:thumbup:

My 80+ yr. old Mother has a gigantic boat of a car...Merc somethinerother...same as a Crown Vic.
It wallows down the road like a whale on marshmallows, no sensory input whatsoever.
Back in 04-05, I drove her to Wisconsin in the VX for a reunion & she marveled at how good she felt after spending 5-6 hrs. on the road.
Granted, it was all smooth interstate, but the Recaros did their job admirably IMO.

I guess it all comes down to your build & personal preferences.

VX KAT
09/04/2009, 11:06 PM

Funny, just today the guy replacing my windshield said he "wanted to buy my seats".......and the guy at the front desk thought my car was brand new, and loved it, asked a bunch of questions.....that is so fun when somebody shows such interest.

p.s. :ot:(windshield #2 in 3 months....gotta love little rocks flying at ya!)

blacksambo
09/07/2009, 08:54 PM
Let's not forget that Motor Trend magazine has already named the VX a future classic and that Truck Trend has placed the VX #7 on their all time best trucks list. Huh???? Cars.com????

lostemple
09/11/2009, 07:52 AM
While I sold my VX for a Q5, I remember coming home from a long work trip and loving getting into my VX. Any rental car I drove made me long for and appreciate my VX. She was my daily driver for 6 years and never had a complaint about the ride. My complaints were with the windows not working and constantly fading headlight covers. Other then that she never failed me mechanically.

TexVeX
09/23/2009, 03:12 PM
For me, the seats are some of the most comfortable things I have ever driven in. For my boyfriend it is the roughest ride he ever had not counting me. My guess is that his extra weight causes a rougher ride both for him and the feel of the vehicle. I say this because the ride is rarely bad when I drive alone. But there are many more jolts with him or heavy load in the car and some bumps feel a lot worse. So there may be something to my theory.

ZEUS
09/23/2009, 03:36 PM
For my boyfriend it is the roughest ride he ever had not counting me. So there may be something to my theory.BUWAHAHAHA! Now dat rite der iz funnie! :)

Baldwin
10/07/2009, 11:19 PM
The writer is an idiot and is simply a hater cuz he wasn't able to get one. Best car in the world and people still stop me to ask me what it is and can't believe it's almost 10 yrs old. I tell them it's a 2012 model cuz that's the year it was on the movie "Mission to Mars". They believe it. I've driven past Ferraris in LA and they look at me more than I look at them. I only look to see them look at me and covet my car more than theirs.

vt_maverick
10/08/2009, 06:57 AM
I have the strong impression that the writer isn't necessarily an idiot, just ignorant. As in, probably never sat in or drove any of the cars on the list. I took several car magazines for a number of years and I seem to remember a lot of the same phrases in those reviews. Methinks the author read a bunch of other reviews and "cherry-picked" their comments for his article.

blacksambo
10/08/2009, 07:22 PM
You are no doubt right!

pbkid
10/08/2009, 07:29 PM
I've driven past Ferraris in LA and they look at me more than I look at them. I only look to see them look at me and covet my car more than theirs.

yes sir!!! i spent a summer in malibu... and my VX got MUCH more attention than any: bentley, ferrari, lambo, mercedes, BMW

i loved to watch the guys in those cars looking at my car in envy because there are 5 ferrari's per block in malibu...

oh ya, and they all looked at me like i was nuts driving down PCH with mud tires....haha

mrtew
10/16/2009, 03:00 AM
I've driven all the way across the country 3 times and back in my VX and its extremely quiet and comfortable. I had a sore butt driving to cincinatti and back in a $130,000 BMW a couple years ago and realized how amazingly comfortable the VX is. But the whole tone of the article is that one little defect is enough to make a car the worst.... hey the Aztek was put on just for bad styling and the Catera for bad advertizing so don't take it too hard!

nemo
10/16/2009, 08:55 AM
Opinions are like back-sides (nice way to put it) EVERY ONE has one. First the VX did not 'Last'¯ from 1999-2001 it was planned to only be built for a short period of time. As far as the FANG's go maybe it should eat some people up, I can think of two right now. As far as 'A place no one wanted to be'¯it is strange that all you people out there in vehicross.info land seem to like driving yours. And the ride being 'a punishing'¯must mean the have very soft behinds gained from sitting behind the computer screen all day long. Maybe if they were to get outside more they might have a little fun other than video games. Last point of about where it belongs, 'It belongs in my garage'¯.

Have a nice day
nemo

tom4bren
10/16/2009, 10:35 AM
For my boyfriend it is the roughest ride he ever had not counting me. My guess is that his extra weight causes a rougher ride ... I say this because the ride is rarely bad when I drive alone. But there are many more jolts with him ... and some bumps feel a lot worse.

UMMM ... Am I reading too much between the lines or are we even talkin 'bout cars any more???

:dan_ban: