PDA

View Full Version : Roof Rack / Anyone know what happened to grantco

handeeman
09/01/2009, 02:07 PM
I am getting worried about grantco. I ordered a roof rack from him back in June. Unfortunately, when he received it, it was damaged. He has been super about sending me PMs on his progress in finding a replacement for me. The last PM I got from him was 8-03-09. He appologized for the delay and said it would go out in two days. Nothing since. He had stated he was working two jobs and had lost internet for a few days.

vt_maverick
09/01/2009, 02:46 PM
At this point you might want to consider getting a refund so that you're not out double if you pick up kpaske's stuff.

mikemol
09/01/2009, 08:43 PM
I also ordered one from GrantCo and had exactly the same story and his last reply was also in the beginning of August. Back then he said he would send me a 100 dollars refund for a delay withing next several days and the rack that very week but I haven't heard from him since then. No replies to email and no replies to PMs.

I have started a search for another roof rack about a week and a half ago when I saw kpaske's thread on saving his vx from a crusher and sent some replies on other threads as well.

If anyone knows Grant - ask him to check his PMs and emails

VXorado
09/01/2009, 09:00 PM
Well, if the first two guys don't take it then I'll take it. I have already bought one, at least I thought I bought it as I paid for it but never got it so I'm back to looking for one again.

Just to let you know, I PMd this seller a while back with no reply. Hopefully he will let us know if the roof rack is still for sale... but i'm starting to doubt it :(

handeeman
09/02/2009, 06:31 AM
He also told me he would be refunding $100.00 for the delay. I told him not to, but flipping some to site support would make me very happy.

vt_maverick
09/02/2009, 06:56 AM
For Moncha - Think we could add a section to the site somewhere that lists sellers to be wary of (both companies and individuals)? Obviously we'd have to be judicious in who we put on the list, but I think situations like this where you have multiple (potential) scams is a good qualifier.

For those of us that follow the forum on a regular basis we know who the sketchy guys are, but it might be useful to have a warning for newcomers.

Just a thought.

handeeman
09/02/2009, 07:06 AM
For Moncha - Think we could add a section to the site somewhere that lists sellers to be wary of (both companies and individuals)? Obviously we'd have to be judicious in who we put on the list, but I think situations like this where you have multiple (potential) scams is a good qualifier.

For those of us that follow the forum on a regular basis we know who the sketchy guys are, but it might be useful to have a warning for newcomers.

Just a thought.

Hey vt_maverick, that's a good idea. However the liability issues may be tough. My feelings on grantco are that he may be really having a hard time right now. Working two jobs etc. I would really like to see mikemol and I get the racks we ordered.

vt_maverick
09/02/2009, 07:24 AM
Hey vt_maverick, that's a good idea. However the liability issues may be tough. My feelings on grantco are that he may be really having a hard time right now. Working two jobs etc. I would really like to see mikemol and I get the racks we ordered.

Yeah, would definitely have to be carefully thought out. Maybe a minimum number of members involved with a maximum allowable grace period for tough times? Maybe Moncha PMs/emails the person before adding them to the list to give them an opportunity to defend themselves?

I dunno...

Moncha
09/02/2009, 08:37 AM
I'll have to think about this one... Liability is the primary thought but, it may be feasible to do something. I already have a good/bad dealer experience at the bottom of this section ---> http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Reviews

pbkid
09/02/2009, 06:21 PM
just so you guys know, i had a very positive experience with grantco- i bought my ome 912's from him a couple of years ago....

although i dont know his current state

handeeman
09/03/2009, 10:17 AM
just so you guys know, i had a very positive experience with grantco- i bought my ome 912's from him a couple of years ago....

although i dont know his current state

That is still my feeling, maybe I'm too easy, but I like to think the positive. I do not think anything bad about grantco, I actually feel more concern. I'm not worried about my money. I just really would like a roof rack in good condition. Oh and I would like to see mikemol get his rack too.