PDA

View Full Version : I just can't let go!!!

jamessmith
09/01/2009, 10:12 AM
I seldom use my VX, due too a lower back issue. Nevertheless, I just cannot let her go. She is driven twice a month,for a total of forty miles..The taught of selling her sadden me tremendously..

Is my case an isolated occurence????

Riff Raff
09/01/2009, 10:16 AM
:noo:

Ldub
09/01/2009, 10:18 AM
Uh...NO!

Selling Suzy is UNTHINKABLE!:waag:...;puke:...:(

ZEUS
09/01/2009, 10:26 AM
I have come to a point of wanting to sell a couple times but feel bad each time, get all emotional, and keep hanging on. It DOES have to go at some point though.

circmand
09/01/2009, 10:34 AM
until I can sell her for more than I bought her for.

vt_maverick
09/01/2009, 10:51 AM
Definitely not an isolated case, I'm just glad I bought mine a few months before we found out we were having our first baby - the wife would never have let me buy such a baby unfriendly vehicle (she was thinking Xterra) had we known at the time. Can you imagine putting a baby in a rear-facing car seat in the backseat of the VX? I've done it, and it is NOT easy. Once she's able to sit facing forward it'll be much easier to carry her though.

So all good so far in hanging on... like others, my plan is to keep it until the wheels fall off and then buy another one to replace it.

VXR
09/01/2009, 12:12 PM
Once she's able to sit facing forward it'll be much easier to carry her though.

Ya once they are old enough to get in and out by themselves it is a great car for a kid or two,
since kids are the only ones who can do it without falling into the back seat :yesb:

crager34
09/01/2009, 01:29 PM
Don't sell her..... GIVE her away to meeeeeee. Thats the ticket.

JGeorge264
09/01/2009, 01:42 PM
I'm having the same issue. Mine is sitting in my driveway with a dead transmission and 170k on the motor. I have to have a reliable car for work so I've already gone and purchased a (don't kick me) jeep liberty. The vx is paid for but I know it's going to be either sell him or part him out. So far I can't bear the thought of either but realistically I know I will never have the money to rebuild the tranny and eventually the motor so it's going to have to go. For now it sits in the driveway and makes me sad when I see it. :(

nfpgasmask
09/01/2009, 02:02 PM
It DOES have to go at some point though.

Naw man, it doesn't, its all in yer head. Just keep her.

Bart

jamessmith
09/02/2009, 03:29 PM
Now, I feel sane....family members are constantly on my back about selling my pristine VX!!http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo118/r32volks/vehicrossandsundaydrivenewpictur-5.jpg

Gussie2000
09/02/2009, 03:34 PM
Now, I feel sane....family members are constantly on my back about selling my pristine VX!!http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo118/r32volks/vehicrossandsundaydrivenewpictur-5.jpg

No pressure from the fam should rush you to sell your toy if you aren't thinking of it.

And yes,it's a pristine dragon you got there :yeso:

Ldub
09/02/2009, 03:34 PM
Now, I feel sane....family members are constantly on my back about selling my pristine VX!!

Dude...they're the one's with the problem...:yes:

YOU'RE NORMAL !

VCrossfan
09/02/2009, 07:45 PM
I seldom use my VX, due too a lower back issue. Nevertheless, I just cannot let her go. She is driven twice a month,for a total of forty miles..The taught of selling her sadden me tremendously..

My thoughts are...The pain I would endure is more than the low dollar amount VX's are getting. I'm keeping mine...

SlowPro48
09/08/2009, 10:40 PM

No - I feel your pain. Have you tried Kenalog? That's what was keeping me in the VX for a while - epidural steroid injections - now the juice is wearing off so I'm riding around in something far more comfortable - a 3/4 ton GMC p/u with bench seats. It's not the rough ride that's the problem because the GMC has bricks for springs just like the VX - there's just something about the contour of the VX seat that tweaks my back the wrong way. The VX is a young person's vehicle - or at least a healthy person's. I should find something more suitable. Still... I can't let go of the VX - can't stand the thought of riding around in a comfortable, bland car with no character...

...but does anybody need a rowing shell...?

tom4bren
09/09/2009, 06:42 AM
Dang - if it came down to it, I'd do whatever it takes to mount new seats.

Daver
09/10/2009, 11:21 AM
Ya once they are old enough to get in and out by themselves it is a great car for a kid or two,
since kids are the only ones who can do it without falling into the back seat :yesb:

Bah. I was always able to get myself into the backseat no problem, but I
only ever tried it while intoxicated...

Still have the same problem letting go. I'm up to three cars now...

-Daver