PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Fuel Price!!!

crotchrocket
09/01/2009, 01:35 AM
It's gone up another 2 pence per litre today, but i thought they had done it early last week as it went from 104.9 to 105.9 but today its 107.9 PPL, cheeky fookers !!!!!

for you US guys thats about $6.70 per US gallon (3.8 litres)

ah well, what can you do :rolleyes:

Ldub
09/01/2009, 01:49 AM
Hate to tell ya, but I'm kinda mean that way...:evil:

Just went down to $2.45 gal.(from $2.49) here in good old Nort Dakota...:dance:

Sincerely, I DO empathise with your situation, just don't know what can be done...:_confused

crotchrocket
09/01/2009, 01:53 AM
$2.45 :_brickwal lucky git!!!

Sprey
09/01/2009, 02:21 AM
its a dollar 60 somethng there i put 70 bucks in the other day which gave me 39 litres aka out of 85l gave me little bit over half on the gauge

circmand
09/01/2009, 07:24 AM
the metric system. No actually the cost of gas there really has nothing to do with gas ie our lower cost here. The government just figured it is easier raising taxes on gas to support their wasteful spending and runaway social programs that way the business gets the blame and the government gets credit for all the lovely give away programs. We are facing that now with government spending that will have our great grandkids paying for it and no sign of stopping

Sorry if this is a bit off topic but it does affect the price of petrol. We keep comparing the cost of gas in different states here in the US. CA is complaining what they pay being so much more yet none of them realize they pay the same minus taxes. You ever wonder why the US government reequires the posted cost of gas to include the taxes? So people do not realize they are paying huge amounts in taxes. Same with cigarettes. Over half the cost of cigarettes is taxes.

mdwyer
09/01/2009, 07:37 AM
It's gone up another 2 pence per litre today,f or you US guys thats about $6.70 per US gallon (3.8 litres)

Okay, so serious question: What does that mean for you and your driving habits? We've always had artifically low fuel prices in the US, and it allows us strange things like the exurbs phenom -- where people live in suburban enclaves miles and miles away from cities, and drive SUVs into the city for work.

If my fuel bills doubled or tripled, I can't honestly see it changing my habits all that much, especially now that I work at home. But I don't see our prices staying low much longer. I wonder what that means for us.

vt_maverick
09/01/2009, 07:49 AM
Probably means VX's (along with other gas-guzzlers) will become even more rare (and hopefully collectible) over time. Personally I'm thankful that my job affords me the luxury of not needing a super fuel efficient vehicle.

kirk hilton
09/01/2009, 11:35 AM
We'll have to dig even deeper soon - when at the end of the year (so I understand) the VAT returns to 17.5% that is another 2 pence for a litre. Oh happy days.

handeeman
09/01/2009, 11:57 AM
I agree with crotchrocket. Ldub is a lucky "git"

Plus it appears he pays an artifically low price for petrol in N.Dak. Ours in Orlando seems artifically high at $2.50 per gal.

alanbradley
09/01/2009, 12:59 PM
Fuel being that high means the economies I worked out when I bought the Yaris increase. I still drive the Vehicross at weekends and sometimes just for the hell of it, but I'm not doing 27k miles a year in it any more!

Our Prime Minister doesn't have a driving licence, doesn't seem to "get" motoring and seems so removed from the actual act of purchasing anything that I'd be surprised if he can tell you the price of most day-to-day necessities.

My father has a haulage company. 2p/litre in the cost of diesel for him is a significant added overhead each month (I believe his company uses 30 - 40,000 litres a month) when you have 8 articulated lorries on the road, a couple of smaller ones and miscellaneous vans, cars, plant and heavy equipment too. He has a whole special vocabulary for when there's a stab-in-the-back taxation like this.

A

nfpgasmask
09/01/2009, 01:28 PM
I wonder what that means for us.

It means the poor become homeless, the lower class becomes poor, the middle class becomes lower class, and the rich stay rich and only get richer.

Bart

Gussie2000
09/01/2009, 04:31 PM
For you US guys thats about $6.70 per US gallon (3.8 litres)

ah well, what can you do :rolleyes:[/quote]

By your own rig & drill your own oil ! LOL :p

I think the US tax around 14 % please some one correct me if i wrong.
:o

circmand
09/01/2009, 04:35 PM
For you US guys thats about $6.70 per US gallon (3.8 litres)

ah well, what can you do :rolleyes:

:o[/QUOTE]

First they auction of the right to drill, Then they tax the equipment used to drill, then they tax the cost of transporting, then they tax the retailer who purchases, then the federal govt taxes it, the state taxes it, and the city taxes it. All in all its about 50% of the cost of producing when you add all taxes and fees in the production of fuel.

Gussie2000
09/01/2009, 04:41 PM

:o

First they auction of the right to drill, Then they tax the equipment used to drill, then they tax the cost of transporting, then they tax the retailer who purchases, then the federal govt taxes it, the state taxes it, and the city taxes it. All in all its about 50% of the cost of producing when you add all taxes and fees in the production of fuel.[/quote]

Damn it,my cousin told me about it,but didn't wanna believe it :mad:

Moncha
09/01/2009, 05:02 PM

ah well, what can you do :rolleyes: ...

Install a flux capacitor

mikemol
09/01/2009, 08:29 PM
well, it's $1.12 a litter in Vancouver Canada which comes to about $4,31 a gallon. So whenever I cross the border I get all the gas tanks I can and buy about 40-50 gallons at once in the States and smuggle it back to Canada. That kind of lasts me for a month.

crotchrocket
09/02/2009, 03:35 AM
Install a flux capacitor

The flux capacitor is what makes time travel possible....Its the plutonium that makes the 1.21 gigawatts of power to run it :D :D

Ldub
09/02/2009, 03:46 AM
The flux capacitor is what makes time travel possible....Its the plutonium that makes the 1.21 gigawatts of power to run it :D :D

Well DUH...:rolleyesg

You're supposed to motor back in time & either buy cheap gas & hide it somewhere that you can find it in the future.

Or...invest wisely...:smilewink

kirk hilton
09/03/2009, 03:02 AM
Or travel to the future, buy a car that runs on water, reverse engineer it and bring the design back to the present. Patent the design. No more fuel problems, no more Arabs having the world over a barrel and loads of dosh in your pocket. Job's a good 'un. :bgwb:

crotchrocket
09/03/2009, 04:46 AM
I believe there is a water powered car!!

I looked at the cost to convert the VX to electric (just out of interest), its £4500 for the kit and then you have to wonder how the power steering and air conditioning are going to work!!!! + i dont think that includes batteries!

alterastro
09/03/2009, 05:58 AM
:bwgy:How about a LPG conversion? Cost about £1600 and fueld is currently 50p a litre. No loss of power either.

http://www.capitalautogas.com/

Nick

crotchrocket
09/03/2009, 06:36 AM
its just a bit pricey, at 11mpg through town the gas would get about 9mpg so thats equivalent to 18mpg, so for an extra 7mpg its going to take around 6200 miles to recover the costs of the conversion!!

circmand
09/03/2009, 08:21 AM
Or travel to the future, buy a car that runs on water, reverse engineer it and bring the design back to the present. Patent the design. No more fuel problems, no more Arabs having the world over a barrel and loads of dosh in your pocket. Job's a good 'un. :bgwb:

If you did that then the guy in the future who actually did invent it wouldnt so then there would be no car in the future for you to go and get and reverse engineer

alterastro
09/03/2009, 11:39 AM
its just a bit pricey, at 11mpg through town the gas would get about 9mpg so thats equivalent to 18mpg, so for an extra 7mpg its going to take around 6200 miles to recover the costs of the conversion!!

So? Just go off-roading more and it'll quickly go :-)

crotchrocket
09/03/2009, 12:30 PM
:D :D you got to factor in the, "yes claire i am desperatly trying to find a first flat that i can afford to buy for us but it was very neccessary to spend a further 1600 quid on my baby...............slap..." :D

Petos
09/04/2009, 12:45 AM
Just refuelled my car here in Moscow for 22 roubles per litre, which makes c. $2.60 per gallon... kinda pricey too given that we are world's second largest oil exporter...
another way to save on gas would be to immigrate to Venezuela - gas there is about $0.4 per gallon ;)

VX KAT
09/05/2009, 03:19 PM
Just refuelled my car here in Moscow for 22 roubles per litre, which makes c. $2.60 per gallon... kinda pricey too given that we are world's second largest oil exporter...
another way to save on gas would be to immigrate to Venezuela - gas there is about $0.4 per gallon ;)

Now there's an idea......Hey Gussie, why don't you go back home for a visit and ship us all , oh, let's say about 100 gallons each,...... shouldn't raise any eyebrows or be any problems getting through customs/security.....:p
We'd be glad to pay you too! Where do I send my $40? :laugho::laugho: