PDA

View Full Version : Power Door Locks Not Working

Trap11
08/29/2009, 02:05 PM
When I push my power door lock button none of my door locks lock or unlock.

Nor does my keyless entry unlock them. I checked the 20A Fuse which is good.

Anybody ever have this problem and can advise?

Trap11
08/29/2009, 02:49 PM
I found the problem!!! From another thread years ago!! Thanks.

Hotsauce09/29/2003, 04:04 PM
This happens when the connector to either door switch gets loose.

Grab the front edge of the panel holding the window switches, and swing it up. Unplug the connector to the switch, and reconnect it, this should solve this.

John C.

kirk hilton
08/30/2009, 09:49 AM
This also happened to me but it was the standard 5 pin relay that puts 24v to the motors from the ignition switch that was faulty (cost me 3 quid replace). The relay is located behind a plastic panel in the driver's foot well (JDM right hand drive)

Moncha
08/30/2009, 10:11 AM
Very good to see this go worked out! Very happy to see the site was useful! You just made my day!

CowboyErik
06/16/2017, 02:33 PM
this just happened to my VX, been a hot day here in Cincinnati, fine when I left home, back an hour later and actually thought my battery went dead, lock system dead, gonna check fuses, relay and connections after sunset!

CowboyErik
06/20/2017, 02:02 PM
that ended up being a half charged battery. While the car started up and ran normally, the battery wasn't fully charged cause I been using air conditioning alot killing the battery I guess

CowboyErik
08/03/2017, 09:47 PM
my short distance daily drives with full AC power on definently using more power than my alternator can provide and charge, I just rotated a new battery into the car to see if it's a weak DieHArd Gold battery failing to take the charge

a745035
08/13/2020, 04:09 PM
I found the problem!!! From another thread years ago!! Thanks.

Hotsauce09/29/2003, 04:04 PM
This happens when the connector to either door switch gets loose.

Grab the front edge of the panel holding the window switches, and swing it up. Unplug the connector to the switch, and reconnect it, this should solve this.

John C.

Trapp, your old post of Hotsauce's old post is still helping folks out. My '01 Foxfire's power door locks haven't worked for 3+ years... now they do! Thanks a bunch. - Brian