PDA

View Full Version : Another mate lost

PK
08/21/2009, 05:09 AM
Hi Guys and Gals,
another of those sad threads I am afraid.

My best mate of 12 years had to be put down on Wednesday morning.
Bill was 3/4 Staffie and 1/4 Rhodesian ridgeback. He looked exactly like a Staffie, but was as big as a large labradore.
He was suffering from a brain tumour for the last 3 months. The vet was trying several different medications to control seizures, but after 5 seizures Tuesday night, we had no option but to let him go.
He was nearly 14 years old, the last 12 years spent with us as our companion and protector.
He now resides in the top corner of our land under some shady trees, He used to sit there for hours and look down over the property so he had advance notice of any intruders, or me coming home from work.

Rest in peace mate - we will never forget you.

PK

Ldub
08/21/2009, 05:28 AM
Truly sorry to hear of your loss PK...:sighwgray

It's all been said before, but time is all that will help.

Rest peacefully in the shade Bill...All dogs go to Heaven.

Riff Raff
08/21/2009, 05:42 AM
PK--- I am so sorry for your loss. As you well know, pets can be as precious as our direct family blood humans. We can't always communicate in specific words with our pets, but they truly understand in their own way. Your pet showed its love to you everyday as it patiently waited under the shade of its favorite tree for you to come home. I know your heart aches now, and only the passing of time can somehow ease the pain. Try to only think of the happy memories with your pet, and it will turn your tears of sorrow into tears of joy. Thank you for allowing your VX family to offer you comfort in your time of sadness.:flower:

tom4bren
08/21/2009, 05:42 AM
PK,

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. No one will feel that loss more than you but the VX crowd seems to be VERY pet oriented. We feel your pain. I'm glad that you have his resting place so near (in our society that is becomming very uncommon). It sounds like he lived the 'high life' and departed happy. Focus on the happy memories ... he is.

Tom

Moncha
08/21/2009, 06:28 AM
After dealing with human pain and suffering while working on ambulances for 15 years and 11 years being a cop, I still find the loss of a beloved pet the hardest to deal with. LDub said it best, Bill is up chasing butterflies and balls in a different place.

My thoughts are with you PK

tomdietrying
08/21/2009, 06:56 AM
Sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. I know it's a tough thing to deal with.
Peace.
Tom

WormGod
08/21/2009, 07:34 AM
14 years is a great run for a ridgeback. He was lucky to have been with you to stick around that long.

Sorry for your loss. I hear the milkbones are everlasting on the otherside. :)

Mark B
08/21/2009, 07:46 AM
Sorry for your loss.
I almost lost my friend a month ago.
She made it through a major operation and is doing fine now.
It is tough to loose a pet.

ZEUS
08/21/2009, 07:48 AM
PK, that's awesome... 12 years of great friendship, I mean. It sounds like you gave Bill a little piece of Heaven during the time he was here and that should make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I am sad for you, to hear he is gone, but luckily all that sadness will be overcome by the numerous memories of happiness he gave you in return. Celebrate the warmth and influence you experienced together. Here's to Bill! :_beer:

Travelin2
08/21/2009, 09:25 AM
Sorry to hear about your partner PK. After 12 years I'm sure its plain why they call them 'mans best friend'. RIP Bill

Scott Harness
08/21/2009, 09:37 AM
I'm so sorry PK,I know it hurts bad!
I put Jax down two months ago and it still hurts.The house feels empty:(
Time will heal.
You gave Bill a grand life and he loved you for it. He is whole again.
RIP Bill...

VX crazy
08/21/2009, 09:54 AM
I am so sorry too!

nfpgasmask
08/21/2009, 10:07 AM
Sorry, mate. Hope you feel better soon.

Bart

handeeman
08/21/2009, 10:27 AM
PK, so sorry for your loss. I've got one that is 11 and I know the time is approaching. I agree with dub "all dogs go to heaven" . My thoughts and prayers are with ya.

99VC
08/21/2009, 03:53 PM
There are no words that ease the pain of the loss of your best friend. I lost mine of 18 years, it takes time a lot of time. Keep the memories alive and you find that will put a smile on your face in time..

crager34
08/21/2009, 04:04 PM
Well put and +1.

PK,

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. No one will feel that loss more than you but the VX crowd seems to be VERY pet oriented. We feel your pain. I'm glad that you have his resting place so near (in our society that is becomming very uncommon). It sounds like he lived the 'high life' and departed happy. Focus on the happy memories ... he is.

Tom

PK
08/24/2009, 03:44 AM
Thanks to the VX family for the kind words and advice.
Believe me - it helped.

And I am now totally on the other side of the spectrum - our first grandson was born 11.55 PM last night.
7 lbs 12 ozs in the old language.
Called Sebastian John.
Mother and baby doing very well.

One door closes and another opens.

Thanks again guys and gals.

PK

Ldub
08/24/2009, 03:55 AM
Welcome to the world Sebastian John...:dance:...:heart:

Congrats to Grampa & Gramma...:thumbup:...:_beer:

Riff Raff
08/24/2009, 04:11 AM
Welcome to the world Sebastian John...:dance:...:heart:

Congrats to Grampa & Gramma...:thumbup:...:_beer:

x2. Just think PK; in the year 2025, you can hand over your VX keys to its next owner.:yeso:

tom4bren
08/24/2009, 05:06 AM
Grats Dude. My second grandchild is due soon. Know the feelin.

Moncha
08/24/2009, 07:11 AM
Congratulations!!

Scott Harness
08/24/2009, 07:28 AM
One door closes and another opens.:yes:

Congrats on the grandbaby!

ZEUS
08/24/2009, 08:00 AM
Thanks to the VX family for the kind words and advice.
Believe me - it helped.

And I am now totally on the other side of the spectrum - our first grandson was born 11.55 PM last night.
7 lbs 12 ozs in the old language.
Called Sebastian John.
Mother and baby doing very well.

One door closes and another opens.

Thanks again guys and gals.

PKWow, congrats, gramps! Did you at least mention they could name the boy Bill? :p Wishing the best...