PDA

View Full Version : 2 VX's Offroad=FUN

Triathlete
10/06/2002, 09:59 PM
Met up with VXCaver today and did a little offroading fromTubac to Patogonia Arizona by way of Bull Springs Road (can't REALLY be a road). 24 miles of rocky trail! Was lots of fun...so much that we forgot to take pictures until we stopped for pizza at the Velvet Elvis (awesome suggestion by VXCaver...fantastic pizza). Can't wait till next time...maybe some of you Phoenixites can join us next time...we'll update you when we plan things! But like all good things, they come to an end...FLAT TIRE! I HATE THAT LESS THAN FULL SIZE SPARE!!!! 40+ miles of driving home at 45 mph with the TOD freaking out :goof: !: :madr2:
VXCaver...post that pic :cool!:

VXcaver
10/07/2002, 07:42 AM
So I spent the afternoon eating Triathlete's dust! And I had both windows down. Cough Cough... (It was a great afternoon and fun to see the looks on a few people's faces as we passed on the road.) Thankfully Triathlete's flat tire happened just as we were leaving the 4wd road.

I put a few pics in the pictures section. The invitation goes out to all AZ vxers to join us and do it again! VCamilo... looking forward to seeing you in AZ soon!

Moncha
10/07/2002, 11:02 AM
Looks like you guys had fun.. I sure would like to have more VX family around here to go trailing with..

Anita
10/07/2002, 03:13 PM
Just a bit of IMPORTANT info for new VX owners who may not know this:

If you have to use the spare donut of a tire, use it ONLY ON THE FRONT. If you get a flat on a back tire, replace the flat with the same side front tire and put the donut on the front.

Go no faster than 45 mph...

Your TOD will go crazy and you will hear a whining sound...so easy does it.

Triathlete
10/08/2002, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the info Anita. Unfortunately I didn't think of it till I got home:sadr: which made for a long, slow trip home. A full size spare is on its way for off-road trips though along with a very sweet deal on some 31's!;Dr;