PDA

View Full Version : Aquapel

Marlin
08/20/2009, 02:09 PM
At Moab, I gave several boxes of Aquapel away at the group dinner. Just wondering if anyone applied it. I put mine on in Feb, still beads water, getting ready to do it again. It rains here pretty much everyday, and still beads, take that one month lasting Rainx!!!!!

circmand
08/20/2009, 03:26 PM
my back to black shined everything to like new and still looks great after a year of rain. We have had at least 1 to 2 inches this year.

Marlin
08/20/2009, 03:27 PM
my back to black shined everything to like new and still looks great after a year of rain. We have had at least 1 to 2 inches this year.

? Back to black is for cladding, aquapel is for the windshield

circmand
08/20/2009, 03:29 PM
but it was the only way I could do my 1-2 inch rain joke.

Triathlete
08/20/2009, 03:58 PM

Wow! You guys got a lot!:bwgy:

circmand
08/20/2009, 04:52 PM
Wow! You guys got a lot!:bwgy:

was a wet year. Funny thing is we had almost daily flood warnings. I havent actually seen standing water out here yet. I have only been here 1.5 years. I am waiting to see a puddle and all the natives got insane and flood the stores for water

Ikkesh
08/20/2009, 09:15 PM
I Live in Juneau... we get more rain here than seattle... 90% of the year is rain...

got anything ya want tested for rain longevity send it here... Back to black still best i've used but only lasts 2 weeks here with all the rain.

tom4bren
08/21/2009, 04:34 AM
"I Live in Juneau... we get more rain here than seattle... 90% of the year is rain..."

& around Thanksgiving all that rain turns white. Sounds like you live in the land that the VX was made for.

circmand
08/21/2009, 07:37 AM
"I Live in Juneau... we get more rain here than seattle... 90% of the year is rain..."

& around Thanksgiving all that rain turns white. Sounds like you live in the land that the VX was made for.

Dont make me laugh. I had a company in AK want to interview me for a job. I said I was doubtful of the weather. They pretty much said they have 3 good months a year if you do not mind mosquitos the size of a piper cub.

handeeman
08/21/2009, 11:48 AM
It's only rained here twice this week. Once for three days and once for four.:ot:

Marlin
08/21/2009, 05:18 PM
Really, all those I gave away and no feedback?! Lesson learned...well, for those that are interested, it is similar to Rainx as far as the results, only it lasts for several months. Same stuff the Navy uses on Jet windshields. Good luck finding it though. I bought a whole box when I found it, they go for around 5-10 dollars an application. Really nice in the winter, you just hit the ice, and it shatters right off.

Ldub
08/21/2009, 08:50 PM
Good luck finding it though. I bought a whole box when I found it, they go for around 5-10 dollars an application. Really nice in the winter, you just hit the ice, and it shatters right off.

$14.99 for a four pack ($3.75 per app) on eBay, free shipping, took 1 minute to find...zero luck reqd...:_confused...:smilewink

http://cgi.ebay.com/Aquapel-Glass-Treatment-4-Applications-Awesome_W0QQitemZ260457472914QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_100?hash=item3ca479a392&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Marlin
08/22/2009, 04:08 AM
I meant in a store, ,kind of like Back to Black, I had to go to several stores before I found someone that carried it.

Grif
08/22/2009, 07:21 PM
I may have to try that stuff... down here in tropical storm/hurricane land, it may be just the ticket.

4X4 UFO
08/22/2009, 09:15 PM
I found Aquapel at the local Advance Auto Parts, for 3 bucks a box. It's good stuff.

Randy

Kenny
08/23/2009, 12:00 AM
Really, all those I gave away and no feedback?! Lesson learned...well, for those that are interested, it is similar to Rainx as far as the results, only it lasts for several months. Same stuff the Navy uses on Jet windshields. Good luck finding it though. I bought a whole box when I found it, they go for around 5-10 dollars an application. Really nice in the winter, you just hit the ice, and it shatters right off.

Patience man, I need about a week to dig through all the posts! The itch will get scratched, eventually.. maybe...

I got one of your thingymajoolee-whatevers at Moab, I applied it about a month ago. Didn't really see a big difference from Rain-x; tho' it looks to last a lot longer. I do notice that it doesn't take much to clean the bugs off - either with rain or wiper fluid.

As a test I put it on and wiped off one side of the screen soon, and gave the other side a minute to haze - then buffed and buffed. I don't see too much a difference in either side of the screen.

It's cool stuff.
Thanks again.