PDA

View Full Version : Recaro Trend Discontinued

jgalt
08/19/2009, 01:41 PM
FYI - I've been having some problems with my driver's side seat and come to find that manufacturing of the OEM Recaro Trend seats in our VXs has been discontinued.

And you thought it was hard to come by parts before ...

FWIW, the Recaro "Style" seat is similar though mo $$.

http://g-werke.com/multiproduct.cfm?PageNum_get_prods=3&dpt=T2&T2=2

Marlin
08/19/2009, 01:49 PM
Friend of mine has an Audi A6, same seats, only his say "Audi" and his pull out leg rest which is useless, has a drawer instead. A little more useful. I could always steal his seats and put them on my seat rails...he would never notice. Even the same color patterns.

Triathlete
08/19/2009, 01:59 PM
There are numerous vehicles that come with the same seats. There is a thread somewhere on here that lists at least a half dozen. Scour the pick an pull lots! I think if my seats ever get to be in bad enough shape I will go with suspension seats for a softer off road ride!

tom4bren
08/19/2009, 02:05 PM
"I think if my seats ever get to be in bad enough shape I will go with suspension seats for a softer off road ride!"

Rekin Zeus ain't the only one gettin soft 'round here.

Triathlete
08/19/2009, 02:18 PM
Rekin Zeus ain't the only one gettin soft 'round here
I've had no complaints yet!:bwgy:

But when you can gain a little comfort for those long days on the trail and pay way less than the recaro's...

Moncha
08/19/2009, 02:34 PM
...his pull out leg rest which is useless...

I don't know, I find that the extension works very well for me being so tall. It helps keep my legs from falling asleep. I always use mine. Now with Laura being so challenged in the leg department, she never uses it.. It's a taste thing I'd imagine.

Billy, I think this is the thread you're talking about. http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=15649&highlight=recaro+seat

jgalt
08/19/2009, 03:03 PM
FWIW, I did get a Recaro Trend parts list that may help any that are in need of some of the remaining parts...

I attached this pdf in the download area. Hopefully it will be posted soon.

Moncha
08/19/2009, 03:07 PM
I attached this pdf in the download area. Hopefully it will be posted soon.

Thanks for the heads up... I'll mod it right now

Moncha
08/19/2009, 03:11 PM
Hmmm, me no see. Did you upload? Which cat did you put in?

Triathlete
08/19/2009, 03:17 PM
Thats the one Scott...you are the king of the search!!:bwgy:

tom4bren
08/19/2009, 03:49 PM
"I've had no complaints yet!"

I have no response to that.:)

VXorado
08/19/2009, 05:23 PM
Wow, I didn't know recaro seats were so expensive ;oob;. I wish the PO maintained mine better.

Triathlete makes a good point that you could probably pull very similar seats from other cars if you want to save $$

deermagnet
08/19/2009, 05:52 PM
I've been having some problems with my driver's side seat

What kinda problems are you having? Isuzu has the couple dozen parts of the seat assembly named and numbered. I don't know if they have any seat parts in stock. Check with an Isuzu dealer and ya might find the part(s) ya need for not too much money. Worth a try.

Mark

Scott Harness
08/19/2009, 06:10 PM
I don't know, I find that the extension works very well for me being so tall.

X2 If it's a long road trip aka Moab.I always use mine,works great.

lasturbo
08/19/2009, 11:17 PM
I don't know, I find that the extension works very well for me being so tall. It helps keep my legs from falling asleep. I always use mine. Now with Laura being so challenged in the leg department, she never uses it.. It's a taste thing I'd imagine.

Billy, I think this is the thread you're talking about. http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=15649&highlight=recaro+seat

I like the pull-out too since I am 6'7"

circmand
08/20/2009, 08:30 AM
The frame should be good. I know it did not cost me much to have the interior of my JH redone. While mine are all good I am looking forward and see my recaros being redone in a Black and Proton Yellow because the gray is just dull (kind of like the color of all non proton VXs)

jgalt
08/20/2009, 10:46 AM
What kinda problems are you having? Isuzu has the couple dozen parts of the seat assembly named and numbered. I don't know if they have any seat parts in stock. Check with an Isuzu dealer and ya might find the part(s) ya need for not too much money. Worth a try.

Mark

I did take a look at the parts list posted here, unfortunately the "part" I need (from Isuzu) is basically a whole replacement seat.

What has happend is that the right side of the driver's seat has a pronounced "sag", if you will. Turns out the bearings on that side are shot and so there is a large "gap" that allows the seat to fall backward (well more so than the left side - about an inch).

I couldn't figure out how to load the Recaro parts list so I just e-mailed it to Scott. You can see in the picture that the reclining mechanism where the bearing is located is basically all one piece. Hopefully, buying just the frame won't be too expensive **crossing fingers**