PDA

View Full Version : We're 2/3rds of the way

handeeman
08/17/2009, 12:13 PM
Just noticed we've already gotten $200 of our $300 monthly goal. That's only 5 new paid up site supporters to go. I'm proud of us, but we can finish up strong. So if ya feel the urge to help Moncha maintain this site for us....send a few $$$$$$ to help. Those of ya with pay-pal can do it fast, for the others (like me) all it takes is a money order and a stamped envelope. Moncha is brave enough to refer to us as his "extended family", so if ya can, throw a little $ towards maintaining the homestead. Believe me, there's no worse feeling than coming home after being away and finding out you've moved.....but that's a different story I'll tell another time.:smilewink

lasturbo
08/17/2009, 10:55 PM
Just renewed mine!!! Thanks again Scott!! $80 to go!
:clap: :dance:

handeeman
08/18/2009, 11:48 AM
Way to go Turbo.:clap::clap:Ok we're almost there, and it's only $20.00 to be a full supporter. I'd pay $20.00 just to be able to read Ldubs post alone. It'd sure be nice to get Moncha over the goal before the end of the month.

crager34
08/18/2009, 05:17 PM
That tickler can be a bit misleading depending how the donations come in and Moncha has the details on that. Also, that little tickler should actually read a bit more... like $360 from an anonymous doner.

Moncha
08/18/2009, 07:40 PM
I try and keep the bar graph as accurate as possible. The only time it may be off is the first day (or days if I'm gone) of the month as I have to manually reset the donations that are non-subscription (Anything higher than $20.00 and when the non-subscription link is used) in nature.

Here's the breakdown for this month for donations received. The totals were off the first couple of days (showing some totals from July) as I was in the mountains. I reset them as soon as I got back and I believe that may have caused some confusion.

08/01/09 VX crazy - $ 20.00
08/01/09 crager34 - $100.00 Manually Added
08/07/09 Don Moore - $ 20.00
08/13/09 logman - $ 40.00 Manually Added
08/15/09 Dreadlion - $ 20.00
08/17/09 Lasturbo - $ 20.00
08/18/09 Daver - $ 40.00 Manually Added

If there was any other manual (non-subscription) donations that I missed for the month of August, please let me know ASAP!

crager34
08/19/2009, 06:26 PM
Alright alright... My math was wrong, but I didn't have the info that Moncha has. So... Lets make August's totals help out July's and September's!!!!

It could happen!

Moncha
08/19/2009, 08:48 PM
Naw, you're cool. It's confusing to a point, especially if I fall down on the job. It took me a while to get used to keeping it correct. At least the automatic part does half of the work for me.

Ldub
08/21/2009, 01:23 AM
That tickler can be a bit misleading depending how the donations come in and Moncha has the details on that. Also, that little tickler should actually read a bit more... like $360 from an anonymous doner.

Dude...WAY good on You!!!...:dance:...:thumbup:...:dance:

And that reminds me...:naughty:

I've noticed a few posts in other threads, where people have indicated that it's time for them to renew...but have yet to pry open the wallet...talkin' the talk is easy...:rolleyesg

On the other side of that coin, so is clicking on the "DONATE" button...:smilewink

Just a friendly reminder...:flower:

handeeman
08/22/2009, 08:57 AM
I'm sure some of you get tired of hearing about site support, but think about what ya get from this site. "tube shrinkage", "nipple sensitivity", "embarrasing exhaust" just to name a few. So if your circumstances allow, throw a little $ to help offset expenses.
While I've got the soap-box this also needs to be said: Although, site support and donations keep Moncha from having to reach in his pocket to support our addiction, no-one should feel pressured to give (maybe gently prodded but not pressured). I was worried about SomeBeach, he hadn't been around for a while, so I e-mailed him. He said that he hadn't been on cause he got a strong PM from one of our members about gaining all the knowledge available here and not being a site supporter. Each persons decision to support is a personal one, circumstances vary, so support status is welcomed but not required. I'd rather see all the members of this "unique" family feel completly welcome to offer their opinions and experience regardless of their status.

handeeman
08/25/2009, 12:47 PM
Ok, peeps some of you spyders throw a buck or two to site support. We hit $260.00 and stopped.

circmand
08/25/2009, 01:11 PM
Ok, peeps some of you spyders throw a buck or two to site support. We hit $260.00 and stopped.

you jinxed it by posting that we were almost there. You never say anything positive in theater or fundraising its bad luck

ZEUS
08/25/2009, 02:14 PM
SomeBeach, SomeBeach... Oh, DougieVX! Really, I thought he was already a supporter. That sux he got scared off. Invite him back, whomever you are that scared him away! It took me a bit to see the error of my ways regarding site support from others. I like how handee does it. I personally think it takes some people more time than others to realize why... or to feel compelled to... donate to the cause. If they are gone, they will never come to the realization why they "should" support. It took me over a year to donate, for several reasons, but at some point, it just felt like the right thing to do and that feeling has never dwindled. Donating by my own accord and without pressure at my own pace is something I took for granted, I guess. Handee has done a great job of going about this without manipulation or angst or anything negative. It may not be as much fun as "playing Nazi" or "discussing things" with Trek... but it does seem to more effectively capture the intent without using attitude. DUR! Keep it up, Crockett!! :thumbup:

Scott, if things don't add up to the needed amount at the end of each year, I'm sure there is something we all can do to offset the cost so you don't have to. Don't keep quiet if "the collective" leaves you short at the end of the year. You know we'll make it right... :yeso:

I'm sure some of you get tired of hearing about site support, but think about what ya get from this site. "tube shrinkage", "nipple sensitivity", "embarrasing exhaust" just to name a few. So if your circumstances allow, throw a little $ to help offset expenses.
While I've got the soap-box this also needs to be said: Although, site support and donations keep Moncha from having to reach in his pocket to support our addiction, no-one should feel pressured to give (maybe gently prodded but not pressured). I was worried about SomeBeach, he hadn't been around for a while, so I e-mailed him. He said that he hadn't been on cause he got a strong PM from one of our members about gaining all the knowledge available here and not being a site supporter. Each persons decision to support is a personal one, circumstances vary, so support status is welcomed but not required. I'd rather see all the members of this "unique" family feel completly welcome to offer their opinions and experience regardless of their status.

handeeman
08/25/2009, 02:15 PM
OOPs, I take all of that back. Now I'll get dub to do a little Mooonkie dance (jinx breaker) over this thread and all will be good.

Ldub
08/25/2009, 03:00 PM
OOPs, I take all of that back. Now I'll get dub to do a little Mooonkie dance (jinx breaker) over this thread and all will be good.

WHOOO...WHOOO...WHAAAA.....WHAAAAAAA

DONE and DONE!

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/wiggles.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSC03765.JPG
:dan_ban:...:dan_ban:...:dan_ban:. ..:dance:. ... :dan_ban:...:dan_ban:... .:dan_ban:
......................:dance:..:LineWave:. ..:dance:......................

DEMONS BE GONE !

If that ain't worth a twenny dollah donay...I don't know what is...:_confusedhttp://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/71610F1MDNL_SS500_gif.jpg

circmand
08/25/2009, 03:30 PM
is very funny especially the monkey feet. How did you get your legs to look so pale and spindly?

Ldub
08/25/2009, 03:34 PM
is very funny especially the monkey feet. How did you get your legs to look so pale and spindly?

A combination of trick photography, old age, photochop, & workin' nights...:sleepgray

Nice yah?...:naughty:

Moncha
08/25/2009, 05:00 PM

I thought he was doing a hand stand!

handeeman
08/26/2009, 09:39 AM
I thought he was doing a hand stand!

LMAO ! I agree with Moncha, I had to go back and look again.

tom4bren
08/26/2009, 10:12 AM
"I thought he was doing a hand stand!"

couldn't be ... no tats

Moncha
08/26/2009, 10:12 AM
No head either!

tom4bren
08/26/2009, 10:15 AM
I have no response to that.

handeeman
08/26/2009, 10:19 AM
He did say trick photography and photochop. He prolly erased his head and tats !

handeeman
08/29/2009, 02:06 PM
Still got a couple of days left to throw a little Moncha's way. Thank ya all.

Ldub
08/30/2009, 08:00 AM
WELL DONE !...

:dance:...:LineWave:...:clap:...:LineWave: ...:dance:

To all those who have made Handee's monthly dream come true!!!:dan_ban: