PDA

View Full Version : How to fight a Stop Sign violation

ZubrAZ
08/16/2009, 09:58 PM
... or not to :)

Few months ago i ran a stop sign. Although, I feel totally guilty for that, I did not want to go defensive school. Even if I paid the fine, they would send me to the school because I got way too many points on my license, so I came up with idea to obstruct the sign visibility (see the pics). Need to notice, cop was driving on the grandview and i was on 25th, so he saw the sign from the back side only. I got ticket dismissed, but the look the cop gave me after judge said her verdict did not mean anything good for me :) if he'll pull me over once again it might be an ***-whooping :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/adidasblr/5640_1186160783384_1509219666_51828.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/adidasblr/5640_1186160743383_1509219666_51828.jpg

Ldub
08/17/2009, 12:26 AM
... or not to :)

Few months ago i ran a stop sign. Although, I feel totally guilty for that, I did not want to go defensive school. Even if I paid the fine, they would send me to the school because I got way too many points on my license, so I came up with idea to obstruct the sign visibility (see the pics). Need to notice, cop was driving on the grandview and i was on 25th, so he saw the sign from the back side only. I got ticket dismissed, but the look the cop gave me after judge said her verdict did not mean anything good for me :) if he'll pull me over once again it might be an ***-whooping :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/adidasblr/5640_1186160783384_1509219666_51828.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/adidasblr/5640_1186160743383_1509219666_51828.jpg

There are many members of the law enforcement community that are also VXinfo members, including the Boss Man.

It'd be funny az hell, if one of them forwarded this post to the Phoenix PD...:laughing:

Riff Raff
08/17/2009, 02:48 AM
Hmmm, looks like very fishy evidence to me. The two(2) pictures were taken only three(3) minutes apart (in the wee hours of the morning, too) and shows the obstructing placcard in different positions. The 12:19 picture has the placcard cock-eyed crooked, while the 12:22 picture has it re-positioned in a more level and straighter depiction.

If I was the Judge, I'd be asking why were the pictures taken in the wee hours of the morning??? To hide from possible witnesses??? Why is the obstructing placcard in a different position when the snapshots were taken only three(3) minutes apart??? Was it because the first initial picture didn't cover all of the STOP letters, and was re-positioned for the second picture??? If the placcard is "dusted for fingerprints", would we find a positive I.D. match to someone here in this courtroom (perhaps the accused defendant)??? If so; then can we add the additional charges of "Obstruction of Justice with intent to defraud a law enforcement investigation", and of course "Pergury"??? Afterwhich, I would have just one last question: Would the Defendant please rise???:freek:

You don't have to be stupid, but it helps.

psychos2
08/17/2009, 04:47 AM
This is how people get caught when they do stupid things. They go and post it on the internet. Would it be jail time for lying to the judge? shawn

Gussie2000
08/17/2009, 05:24 AM
There are many members of the law enforcement community that are also VXinfo members, including the Boss Man.

It'd be funny az hell, if one of them forwarded this post to the Phoenix PD...:laughing:

Abolutely right larry :yesy:

He was also lucky another cop didn't saw him

Moncha
08/17/2009, 07:04 AM
Not every cop gives an *** woopin. But for this you would kinda deserve it ;)

Before this does get any farther, would you like me to delete it?

I'll hold my opinion for sake of family peace but, they will be sure to give you a good chastising.

handeeman
08/17/2009, 07:21 AM
I vote you delete it ASAP. I further vote we all do a "dub" and forget we ever saw it lol.
Also ZubrAZ, "you're grounded" !

circmand
08/17/2009, 07:22 AM
Delete

Report to Pheonix

Do nothing

Ldub
08/17/2009, 07:34 AM
I vote you delete it ASAP. I further vote we all do a "dub" and forget we ever saw it lol.
Also ZubrAZ, "you're grounded" !

Huh...Wha...:_thinking...:_confused...:snooz:

WormGod
08/17/2009, 07:38 AM
Sooooo, do something stupid like that to save yourself, at the risk of causing the next cars to come through there having an accident?

http://skepticalteacher.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/facepalm1.jpg

tomdietrying
08/17/2009, 07:56 AM
I'm not sure how to react. Would you like to be commended because you lied? I don't have a lot of respect for people who do things wrong and lie about them to get out of something.

I really hope you are not a parent because your kids will surely be lacking in character/moral department. I suppose you are just following the cycle because your parents did a crappy job with you.

It may be time to break the cycle.

Peace.
Tom

Scott Harness
08/17/2009, 08:22 AM
This is how people get caught when they do stupid things. They go and post it on the internet. Would it be jail time for lying to the judge? shawn

My Space...Facebook...ect
These days everybody wants their 15 minutes and the media encourages it.
Every channel has somekind of "I report" where people send in crap from their phones. Even incriminating themselves:slap::_shrug:

ZubrAZ
08/17/2009, 10:57 AM
Wow! :)

With all my respect to numerous cops I have met in my life, I did not try to cheat on that particular officer, but on the whole system. I have an extensive driving history with numerous violations that I would refer to the "young, dumb, full of cum" age (or something like that, pardon my english). Few of the tickets on my records, are totally unfair. The reason why they were not fought and dissmissed: at that time I knew very little about the country and the law and I didnt know how to defend myself. I spent some money on those tickets and waisted many hours on those unneeded classes the pure sense of which is to collect the money. And I did not want to do that again. At the same time, I did not have any ticket for longer than two years, and this incident occured almost at midnight, in a neighborhood, and yes, i didnt stop, but I passed the intersection safely with <5mph speed. The cop could be more loyal in my opinion. But insted, he ran to me with questions: have you been drinking? I can smell alcohol! no sir, I was not! Ok, have you been smoking? Your eyes are bloodshot! No sir, I have not. Ok, then you ran the stop sign. Isnt the purpose of the traffic control is to pursue the safety of driving, but not collecting the money for the violations that dont put anybody at risk?

The adverisement was immediately removed from the sign after picturing, so I did not put anybody in danger with regards to that.

Again, I do understand that I violated that stop sign, and i do understand that I had to accept the consequenses of the violation, even if they dont make too much sense to me, but being unfairly screwed by the cops/judges' decisions few times, I think I have scored few points for myself.

p.s. I still love you all :)

vt_maverick
08/17/2009, 11:22 AM
Uh-oh... here we go...

http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/sfgate/techchron/2006/08/25/flamingapple499x333.JPG

Moncha
08/17/2009, 11:54 AM
Yep, this could be interesting :)
Can someone hold my tongue for me?? http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:c5dGo1Wkbu0PfM:http://maxgrace.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/einsteintongue.jpg

Ldub
08/17/2009, 12:09 PM
Can someone hold my tongue for me?? http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:c5dGo1Wkbu0PfM:http://maxgrace.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/einsteintongue.jpg

Gotcha covered Boss...:yes:

Ewwwww...now my hand is all ooky...Drool

ZEUS
08/17/2009, 12:10 PM
I'm baffled by this one. What a weird thing to do - I understand your desperation, but if you were truly so desperate to keep your license shouldn't you just stop at the STOP sign? What do you mean the cop could be more loyal? To you? To the system? To alcoholics and potheads? Who? I think it would be standard practice to ask those questions after pulling over someone for blatantly running a stop sign near midnight, anywhere. :confused:

"Again, I do understand that I violated that stop sign, and i do understand that I had to accept the consequenses of the violation, even if they dont make too much sense to me"

You may as well just admit your foolish pride since you admit your foolish act and foolish logic, I guess. Your statement above contradicts everything else you have done and said. You did not accept the consequences of your violation at all; instead you lowered your own integrity to get away with something. And yet, you are proud of what you did.

I have to ask; are you going to chalk up this entirely new strain of foolish events to "young, dumb, full of cum" in preparation for future excuses regarding your up-coming strain of foolish events?

Does anyone know what could happen to the owners of the sign that was used to trump the system? If I were a judge, I think I would call the number on the sign and ask if they typically advertise on stop signs. When they said no I think I would ask if they lost one recently. Then because of the sign shown in different positions, I would have charged ZubrAZ for the traffic violation, theft, contempt of court, perjury... and everything Riff listed. Forget a pointless defensive driving class - we're looking at jail time now, smarty pants!

You are lucky the judge doesn't drive a VX or you'd be screwed! :bgwb:

BoarderCROSS2000
08/17/2009, 12:27 PM
"The reason why they were not fought and dissmissed: at that time I knew very little about the country and the law and I didnt know how to defend myself."

Ignorance of the laws will not get you anywhere in this group or this country for that matter. Ask Pepino about failure to carry insurance.

You do carry liability insurance don't you?

Moncha
08/17/2009, 12:29 PM
In defense of the OP, all cops are dirtbags just looking to hassle the innocents. everyone know that we all can take care of ourselves and we need no big brother watching. And to top it off, the monies collected go to overpaying these dirtbags so they can extort more money from the little man. It's a viscous cycle.

Now that I'm done with the delusional defense, I've heard them all.
The biggest thing that is being missed here is the fact that the OP only had a few point left on his license and this was his only way of protecting himself from loosing his privilege of driving. Albeit, he could have just obeyed the rules of the road, it's just easier to risk a felony charge of "Influencing a Public Official" (The Judge) and blame it on the that dirtbag, money grubbing, cop.

If in fact this is an actual case, the Judge must have been a moron himself to listen to such drivel. No matter what covers the sign, the basic shape and color still indicates that it was a stop sign at that location. Then, there is the fact that even if the sign was so obliterated or even knocked down, the intersection would then be considered an uncontrolled intersection thereby requiring a stop in all four directions.

Once the lashings die down, I will delete this thread but until then I wanna sit and see what everyone else thinks. Maybe we can gain that Pirate 4x4 status again!

ZubrAZ
08/17/2009, 12:29 PM
I have to ask; are you going to chalk up this entirely new strain of foolish events to "young, dumb, full of cum" in preparation for future excuses regarding your up-coming strain of foolish events?

the fact that that I havent been pulled over for two years period, does not confirm that I wasnt violating on the road, but assumes it. I changed and I drive very responsibly keeping in mind what I was taught in belarusian driving school: vehicle is the high danger instrument.

with regards to the last incident - I simply did not notice the sign. I know what cops are looking at on weekend nights while trying to get dui opportunities.

You may be right, there is a bit of pride in my act, not in the act itself, but in the way I was able to get this ticket dismissed. I would say pride in creativity.

Also, I like to read your post, Zeus. Well built sentences with strong words. I see an educaterd and knowledgeable person in you, but at the same time a bit of oldish jerk :) *not to offend ;) or maybe that is my childish maximalism...

handeeman
08/17/2009, 12:53 PM
ZubrAZ: "Also, I like read your post ZEUS. Well built sentences with strong words. I see an educated and knowledgeable person in you, but at the same time a bit of oldish jerk :happyface" I wonder what liquid is coming from Ldubs nostrils onto his keyboard when he reads that ? LMAO

As for what Moncha said, I remember many years ago seeing a bumper sticker the said something like..."If ya really feel that way, next time you really need help, call a hippie" I think it was on the back of a cop car. lol

ZubrAZ
08/17/2009, 01:37 PM
the fact that the OP only had a few point left on his license and this was his only way of protecting himself from loosing his privilege of driving.

incorrect. defensive school would get that ticket dismissed. i would rather volunteer for building the roads in arizona heat than listening to those senseless stories

ReefFreek
08/17/2009, 01:57 PM
What an interesting thread. I think everyone has a good point to what they say. Albeit, I tend to lean on the side of not breaking laws but there are plenty of them that are worthless and senseless (another topic for another day). I think stopping at a stop sign is mostly a good one. :happyface;)

Like everything else in this land there are the good and bad regardless of what side of the fence you are on. Many citizens are in the wrong and many cops are in the wrong. I personally put up with the well trained officers (since each one goes through extensive training) because in a time of need they can be useful. I respect them and show them that everytime I see one and honestly most cops put up with a lot of BS from folks. Although honestly, I wouldnt call the local PD if someone broke into my house. Rather I would paint my walls with the intruders brain matter :disturbed then call the crew to come clean it up. :winkgray:

circmand
08/17/2009, 01:59 PM
I did not notice this guy is from AZ. I am sharing the road with someone who does not see how stopping at a stop sign makes the roads safer. God forbid I end up getting T-boned by another VX driver who blows through a stop sign because he did not think it was unsafe to drive on through.

ZubrAZ
08/17/2009, 02:25 PM
who does not see how stopping at a stop sign makes the roads safer.

come on! where did i say that? I never been protester of traffic regulations, speed cameras, etc. the road rules are written with blood, so I obey them (it took me a while to understand that). I just did not notice the sign, but I was looking at the road that at the moment was clear from pedestrians (you hardly can find one in phx anyway) and from cars (cop was more than 100 meters away,and was the only moving vehicle besides me) within at least 1/4 miles of visible roads

circmand
08/17/2009, 02:41 PM
come on! where did i say that? I never been protester of traffic regulations, speed cameras, etc. the road rules are written with blood, so I obey them (it took me a while to understand that). I just did not notice the sign, but I was looking at the road that at the moment was clear from pedestrians (you hardly can find one in phx anyway) and from cars (cop was more than 100 meters away,and was the only moving vehicle besides me) within at least 1/4 miles of visible roads

"I violated that stop sign, and i do understand that I had to accept the consequenses of the violation, even if they dont make too much sense to me,"

So from your posts it was midnite on a weekend you know cops are looking for DUI people you did not see the stop sign but you were alertly looking for pedestrians from 8 possible locations cars coming from 3 possible locations but you missed the stop sign and the cop? Face it you weren't paying attention and are trying to make up any kind of excuse because you do not think the law applies to you.

ZEUS
08/17/2009, 03:00 PM
the fact that that I havent been pulled over for two years period, does not confirm that I wasnt violating on the road, but assumes it. I changed and I drive very responsibly keeping in mind what I was taught in belarusian driving school: vehicle is the high danger instrument. You have changed (as in improved, I assume?) and drive responsibly so much so that you drive thru stop signs and then cover them up to cover your arse? Really? I would love to hear your other stories then!

with regards to the last incident - I simply did not notice the sign. I know what cops are looking at on weekend nights while trying to get dui opportunities.

You may be right, there is a bit of pride in my act, not in the act itself, but in the way I was able to get this ticket dismissed. I would say pride in creativity. There was no creativity involved... at all. Ballsy, gutsy, and brazen perhaps, but in no way creative. I do admit tho, I am mildly impressed with your ability to go thru with something so dastardly!

Also, I like to read your post, Zeus. Well built sentences with strong words. I see an educaterd and knowledgeable person in you, but at the same time a bit of oldish jerk :) *not to offend ;) or maybe that is my childish maximalism... No offense taken, you would be more correct to label me 'bitter and angry" versus "jerk" tho! And age is relative - I have heard it said, "Old is always 10 years older than you are now." I like that one, so if you are younger than 25, sure I guess I am oldish. I do have an old soul however... or so I hear.
Anyway, congrats on prolonging a grip on your (perhaps undeserved) license. And don't think for a second that I claim to have never done anything "wrong"! Far from it - I have done REALLY STOOPID stuff... you know, back in the day before I turned into an "oldish jerk"! ;) The difference is, I can own up to my stupidity with a sense of regret, whereas you parade yourself around like a proud peacock saying "look at me look at me". In my case regarding this scenario (as well as in the case of others perhaps), I speak my mind in hopes that you will understand why you shouldn't practice such things, versus sitting back while you encourage yourself to try to get away with them again. But good luck with whatever route you decide to take! Now excuse me while I go speeding excessively down the highway! :p

Moncha
08/17/2009, 04:45 PM
I too can say that I am impressed that someone would actually go through something like this...

I definitely am not staying on my high horse, we have a saying. "It takes a bad boy to catch a bad boy" I was just kinda offended by the "promotion" of the act.

ZubrAZ
08/17/2009, 05:13 PM
"I violated that stop sign, and i do understand that I had to accept the consequenses of the violation, even if they dont make too much sense to me,"

So from your posts it was midnite on a weekend you know cops are looking for DUI people you did not see the stop sign but you were alertly looking for pedestrians from 8 possible locations cars coming from 3 possible locations but you missed the stop sign and the cop? Face it you weren't paying attention and are trying to make up any kind of excuse because you do not think the law applies to you.

I violated that stop sign, and i do understand that I had to accept the consequenses of the violation, even if they dont make too much sense to me

that what I tried to make an accent on.

and I agree, I had to pay more attention to the road. I was excited, going through the cell, loud music...

as for the cop: i did saw the lights of the suv, but I did not know that was a cop one

Hotsauce
08/17/2009, 05:13 PM
If you remember, Martha Stewart did time. Not for her stock trade, but for lying to the court about it.

In the end, its much easier to tell the truth. It is also the honorable way. If you made a mistake, take the consequences like a man.

John C.

Chopper
08/17/2009, 05:59 PM
I was hit by an idiot like you once....I don't think you want to hear any of the other stuff I have to say to you....or how I feel about your moronic behavior....and the way you've chosen to conduct yourself on the highways.

Gussie2000
08/17/2009, 07:28 PM
In life we all at least once miss a road sign,you can't get away from it,it's part of being a human being,we bear with the faults & fails we born with & we got to live with it.

It takes only a matter of a second to see your life gone or catastrofy took place behind the wheel;i strongly believe that every time you sit behind the wheel is a chance you are taking,doesn't matter how good you're behind the wheel,how much experience you got on your shoulder and how carefully you drives,driving is always risky no matter what.

Personally i drove thru red lights,stop signs & doing wrong turns during my life as a driver, ( and you will laugh at me once you see how i drives )thankfully nothing never happened,but every time it happens my heart beats up pretty fast because i know it could be the last minute of my life.

I also follow the basics : don't use my cell,don't eat/drink & avoid chit chating while driving,it just gets you unfocussed no matter what,specially in a city where the worst drivers in the entire US are all behind the wheel.

Getting the traffic ticket dismissed the way you did i could never do that,i understand your desperation having more points adding up in your license,but it take BIG GUTS to do that,really big ones.

Just my 2 coins !

psychos2
08/17/2009, 07:42 PM
First of all you can tell from your posts that you ran the stop sign on purpose because it was late and you did not see any cops. And the laws do not apply to you.("this incident occured almost at midnight, in a neighborhood, and yes, i didnt stop, but I passed the intersection safely with <5mph speed. The cop could be more loyal in my opinion. But insted, he ran to me with questions: have you been drinking? I can smell alcohol! no sir, I was not! Ok, have you been smoking? Your eyes are bloodshot! No sir, I have not. Ok, then you ran the stop sign. Isnt the purpose of the traffic control is to pursue the safety of driving, but not collecting the money for the violations that dont put anybody at risk?") Second I vote to turn it in to the AZ PD and see what happens . I looked on there sight this morning but did not see a place to email it to them. shawn

:thumbdn::thumbdn:

ZubrAZ
08/17/2009, 08:21 PM
chopper, please, be polite. I never hurt anybody while driving, and I hope I never shall

psychos2, your assumptions do not appear to be very logical: i didnt run the stop sign on purpose. i did make my turn as i would do it on any other streets without stop sign. and i never asserted that the laws do not apply to me.

anyway, the purpose of sharing this story was to show what and how can be done in such a situation; without expectations to get any positive/negative feedbacks. I do appreciate everybody's comments and i consider them valuable. Best regards, ZubrAZ :)

psychos2
08/18/2009, 05:06 AM
You live just over 10 miles from the seen of the crime. How long have you lived in that area? Have you driven down that street before? shawn

Moncha
08/18/2009, 06:41 AM
Ok, he's had enough.... Ima close this thread now.

Just for everyone's edification review the Forum Rules (http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=FAQ&op=viewcategory&cid=5). For this case in particular, 5th paragraph from bottom.