PDA

View Full Version : Messrs Drill and Gave me a hand last night

alanbradley
08/16/2009, 01:15 PM
Fitting the first of the pair of chunkier Recaros I picked up from a mate...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/alanbradley/VehiCross%20Stuff/9d43ad0d.jpg

Its going to be like the black hole of Calcutta in there (uber-dark rear tints and no back seat) but boy does it hold you in place - giving lardarses a lift will be a no no.

At £160 for the pair (new ones are around £400 each) they were a bit of a bargain and I can still re-fit the originals which are going to be cleaned up and then stored to keep then in good nick.

:bwgy:

A

PS Apologies for the crummy iPhone pic

Gussie2000
08/16/2009, 02:05 PM
Excelent mod alan ! :yes:

I always had the fellings that some day i might end up doing this same one as yours though.

I will also love to mod the rear,instead of the bench seat i think of place in there same seat as the front.

Would look fantastic Drool

Sprey
08/16/2009, 05:36 PM
Awesome!!!!!!

So other recaro seats fit our stock recaro rails like bolt on and off etc without any extra drilling or ?

I like my seat but also love bucket seats like youve just put in your Vx Alan :D
( Goes and copys you :p)

Nearly brought a seat like this
http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk404/sprey16/mo20.jpg

That one there is in some Jap Vx. Looks cool to and has some air adjustible support thing.

VXorado
08/16/2009, 09:54 PM
Looks good, I like the black recaros.

I will also love to mod the rear,instead of the bench seat i think of place in there same seat as the front.

Would look fantastic Drool

Thats an awesome idea, I wonder if they would fit correctly :confused:.

vt_maverick
08/17/2009, 10:43 AM
Seems like the front seats would be too tall... remember it's stadium seating back there.

VXorado
08/17/2009, 07:52 PM
Seems like the front seats would be too tall... remember it's stadium seating back there.

Problem solved, You just need to cut two holes in the roof to provide extra headroom :bwgy:

PK
08/17/2009, 10:25 PM
Problem solved, You just need to cut two holes in the roof to provide extra headroom :bwgy:

And then a couple of goldfish bowls inverted in the holes to keep rain and wind off the passengers - would be a real hoot driving down the street.:p;)

Alternatively, I am sure Raff Riff could recommend a sun roof.:bwgy::smilewink

PK

Ldub
08/17/2009, 10:37 PM
Alternatively, I am sure Raff Riff could recommend a sun roof.:bwgy::smilewink

PK

But only ONE certain kind is right for everybody, no matter what others experiences/needs might be...just that ONE CERTAIN TYPE is right for EVERYBODY...because riff sez so...:yes:

And that's all you need to know on the subject...:slap:

So don't even think of doing anything differently...:laughing:

And ya better don't use no tires but generals niether...:rolleyesg...:sleepgray

And for Gods sake, whatever you do, don't get him started on unsprung weight or rotational mass...:bla:

In order to stay on topic, I'll add...I REALLY like those seats...:thumbup:

A bit of a bargain?...You stole them @ that price...:dance:

crotchrocket
08/18/2009, 04:21 AM
Looks good Alan!!!! what a bargain!!

alanbradley
08/19/2009, 01:48 AM
Yeah, was "mate's rates"...

The amount of modding needed was quite small as the distance between the holes "across" the seat is the same although the replacements have 4 smaller mounting points at the front rather than the 2 large ones of the standard seats.

The space available to get into the back is even smaller than before though which isn't much of an issue - its been months since my back seats were in!

I'm still wondering if harnesses are a good idea but the seatbelts work fine so I may just go for one of the devices that holds the belt taut across my lap instead... Dunno yet...

Cheers for the compliments,

A