PDA

View Full Version : Line-x Interior?

Bantan
08/01/2003, 08:32 AM
I am contemplating removing the carpet from my VX and line-xing the entire floor area. I believe this to be beneficial as it may provide for additional protection, an easy to clean, water & sound proof interior, in conjunction with the metal mats mentioned some time ago in a separate post.

A few Questions:
1. Has anyone done this before?
2. Do you guys/gals think this is a good idea?
3. Are there any other possible Pros/Cons to this idea?
4. Is there an alternative to carpet or Line-x?
5. Is it possible? (will call shop on this)

Feel free to give your opinions
Thanks
Mercer aka Bantan

smcneal
08/01/2003, 10:10 AM
if you will be replacing the carpet I would be interested in buying it off of you. would lower your costs.

steve.mcneal@nextel.com

IsuZOOM
08/01/2003, 10:14 AM
Interesting idea for a real off-roader! I think it'd look pretty cool in a nice color (red, yellow, blue, etc).

Bantan
08/01/2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by smcneal
if you will be replacing the carpet I would be interested in buying it off of you. would lower your costs.

steve.mcneal@nextel.com

smcneal,
If I do this MOD i will try to extract the carpet carefully for you.
Thanks

webdog
08/01/2003, 11:10 AM
I like the idea since I run lots of back roads and some off road. I have heard of spraying the entire inside of a jeep CJ5.:naughty:

-x-
08/01/2003, 01:12 PM
....Only thing that comes to mind is tha heat.:flame: It does get pretty hot down there....x

zadam123
08/01/2003, 04:37 PM
Wow thats an idea.

I think i gave you line X fever, LOL

Im not sure if its posible since that stuff come out really strong and not sure if a dealer will want to tackel such a big job( a lot of taping and covering up). But then again mention some money and he may be willing, im pretty sure the guy that i went to wont do it, he is really busy and was a big pain just to get him to do the outside of my car without taking it off the car and he told me he wont do that again.

Id call a few places and see what can be worked out.
:luck:
adam

kpaske
08/03/2003, 05:43 PM
I was thinking about doing all of the black plastic interior panels from behind the doors back. Mine have become a bit scratched up and I figure a nice coat of paint might last me a week or two before I have it scratched up again.

Has anyone else considered this or have any suggestions for a DIY solution? Is there a spray-on coating I could get at the local hardware store that would look nice?