PDA

View Full Version : BEER

crotchrocket
08/14/2009, 08:42 AM
I love beer !!!! Nectar of the Gods in my opinion. Im a lover of Stella Artois my self, not because i like to beat claire (has a 'wife beater rep lol) but i just love it!!! I also love Kronenbourg 1664, they've released a new 'dynamo' system where it has a widget and pours like a draught.......... im salavating at the thought !!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, its 4:48 here and im out the office at 5:30 tonight so should have a beer in me by 6:30 :D :D

Cheers :_beer:

you guys must have a favourite beer ???

nfpgasmask
08/14/2009, 09:04 AM
I'm a mad beer fan myself. The Belgians are the best at it as far as I am concerned! I too love Stella if I am drinking green bottle, but here are some of my favs:

Delirium Tremens and Delirium Nocturnum
Hoegaarden (my first taste of this in Antwerp in 2001 which made it that much better!)
Trois Pistoles
Asahi & Asahi Black
Hitochino Nest Beer (if you can ever find the Hitochino Ginger Nest Beer, omg, so good)
Xingu Black Beer
La Merle
Old Speckled Hen -you basturds in the UK can get this easily I would think, hard to find over here, but there is one pub that has it on tap!

And I love Blue Moon and just about every other wit/wheat/white beer I can get my lips on...

I definitely don't like cheap beer (you Bud drinkers I will NEVER understand, that stuff is piss water) or uber-hoppy stuff like IPAs...no thanks.

:_beer: Bart

Moncha
08/14/2009, 09:05 AM
Mmmmmmmmm, beer is goooooood!

Fat Tire (New Belgium Brewery) is my all time fav.

I also love the following:

FOSTERS
Sam Adams - Boston Lager
New Belgium - 1554
Red Hook

Awwwwww hell, I love beer, all beer. Just not American Pilsner

ZEUS
08/14/2009, 09:09 AM
Mmmmmmmmm, beer is goooooood!

Fat Tire (New Belgium Brewery) is my all time fav.

I also love the following:

FOSTERS
Sam Adams - Boston Lager
New Belgium - 1554
Red Hook

Awwwwww hell, I love beer, all beer. Just not American PilsnerAMEN BOSSMAN! Fat Tire all the way! I am probably lucky I can't get it here in Utah because it has gone up $3 since I first started drinking it. Instead, I have to settle for Mississippi Mud, which is even drinkable when "warm" and is in a cool bottle.

crotchrocket
08/14/2009, 09:17 AM
GOOD MAN!!!!!!

Yep the belgians are good brewers!!!! you've prompted me to mension a few others i like too! :D

home,
Leffe Blond.....couple of these and im anyones lol,
i like a few of the Polish ones too like LECH and Tyskie
Duvel
Red Stripe
Magners cider

In the pub:
Stella Artois, a good staple!!
Staropramen, easy drinking
Peroni, when im feeling flush as its aroung £4 a pint in most London places
Grolsh, when none of the above are available

SUNDAYS = ALE and Guiness !!!! i like a London pride or even a honey Dew on a sunday with a nice pub cooked roast mmmmmmmmmmmm

Scott Harness
08/14/2009, 09:25 AM
You guys are making me hungry and thirsty!:yeso:

nfpgasmask
08/14/2009, 09:40 AM
GOOD MAN!!!!!!

Yep the belgians are good brewers!!!!

And good chocolatiers as well! When I was in Brussels, I was sitting in Grand Place, drinking beer and eating REAL Belgian Waffles...OMG, SOOOOO good. Belgium is an amazing country. I want to go back someday.

Duvel
Red Stripe

Yeah, I've had both of those, like em too! And speaking of ciders, I am addicted to Fox Barrel Pear Cider. So crisp and refreshing!

http://www.foxbarrel.com/images/pear.jpg

Definitely look out for Old Speckled Hen. You'll like it I think. It one of the smoothest beers I have ever tasted.

http://media.beeroverip.org/beers/old-speckled-hen.jpg

I need to make a trip over to BevMo soon.

Bart

JoFotoz
08/14/2009, 11:12 AM
Newcastle Brown
Theakstons
Boddingtons
McKewans

...no particular order.

Just whichever finds its way into my glass!

:_beer:

jo

pbkid
08/14/2009, 11:51 AM
basically anything wheat!

guiness...
woodchuck or other ciders

fat tire is alright but i've had too much of it living in northern colorado... its almost as common as coors light up here... (new belgium brewery is like 20 minutes from my house, and its cheaper than coors light at the brewery)

BoarderCROSS2000
08/14/2009, 12:00 PM
Anything over 100 on the IBU's in my book...

Favorites:

Russian River - Pliny the Elder Double IPA and Blind Pig IPA
Anderson Valley - Hop Ottin IPA
Bear Republic - Racer 5 IPA Racer X Double IPA
Stone - Ruination(as in your palate) Double IPA
Mad River - IPA
Lost Coast - Indica Pale Ale
Lagunitas - Maximus
Green Flash - West Coast IPA
Maui Brewing - Big Swell IPA
Port Brewing - Anything there really
Rubicon Brewing - Hop Sauce

Seek out and you shall be rewarded with hoppy goodness.:p

circmand
08/14/2009, 02:00 PM
The next one

Sam Adams Lite
Great White
Rolling Rock Pale Ale before Budweiser bought it and started using New Jersey tap water tainted with medical waste as opposed Mountain Spring water and stopped brewing in glass lined tanks

My first beer was Gennessee Cream Ale I loved it but have not seen it in awhile.

ZEUS
08/14/2009, 02:02 PM
Is THAT what happened to Rolling Rock?

PittVXr
08/14/2009, 02:11 PM
I'm a fan of Yuengling. Oldest brewery in the U.S.

Leffe is another favorite.

I had a Boddingtons for the first time about two weeks ago. I liked it, will try again.

Can't wait to get home from work now!!!

circmand
08/14/2009, 02:13 PM
Is THAT what happened to Rolling Rock?

It was privately owned in Latrobe with its own brewery and bottling plant. The unions got too greedy so that not having a wide assortment the company could not make a profit. However, the unions also negotiated that anyone who bought the brewery had to honor their greedy *** contract. So the owners sold the brand to Budweiser who moved it to a brewery they already owned that made their piss water at a price that would have been good for the whole deal, and the owners kept the building and shut everything down. Funny thing is this is a good brewery very recent, and the mayor and council wanted those taxes and jobs back. So they approached several brewers it even looked like Sam Adams was going to go there. However the Democrat mayor and council allowed the union reps to come to the meetings and they told the brewers they would have to hire all the exemployees back at their old wages and senioruty or they would not brew one damn bottle of beer.

Here is a test what do you think happened?

PK
08/14/2009, 04:16 PM
GOOD MAN!!!!!!

Yep the belgians are good brewers!!!! you've prompted me to mension a few others i like too! :D

home,
Leffe Blond.....couple of these and im anyones lol,
i like a few of the Polish ones too like LECH and Tyskie
Duvel
Red Stripe
Magners cider

In the pub:
Stella Artois, a good staple!!
Staropramen, easy drinking
Peroni, when im feeling flush as its aroung �4 a pint in most London places
Grolsh, when none of the above are available

SUNDAYS = ALE and Guiness !!!! i like a London pride or even a honey Dew on a sunday with a nice pub cooked roast mmmmmmmmmmmm

Moncha, got a little project for you -

Is there anyway you can link this thread with the one on Obiesity started by the same Tubby Crotchrocket???

Seems they just belong together.:laughing::laughing::laughing::rotate::ro tate:

circmand
08/14/2009, 04:41 PM

Is there anyway you can link this thread with the one on Obiesity started by the same Tubby Crotchrocket???

with his picture posted in the other forum there is no room.

Moncha
08/14/2009, 04:52 PM
I can merge them.. But this is such a better topic than the other

Grif
08/14/2009, 05:23 PM
Beer is a staple of my diet. As such, I usually don't go for the fancy stuff, tho when I find it I buy up all of the Alaska Brewery IPA I can find.

More mundane choices are Killians Irish Red (off tap, not bottles, the bottled is much more bitter). And the daily after work 6'er is currently Miller Lite <dons flame proof suit>.

Back in the college days I used to aim for the best bang for the buck which @ 6.2% and cheap as hell, Natty Ice would fit the bill. I'm too old for that now, killing 12-18 Nattys was fine when all I had to worry about was mid-terms.

Miller Lite which is practically hops tea, gives the illusion of drinking beer without smelling like a cardboard box from the pub dumpster the next day.

Most of my freinds drink Bud Lite, but just a few of those bring on nasty headaches for me. I think its all the detergents they use.

So yeah, compared to you all, looks like I'm low-brow.

AK Falco
08/14/2009, 05:50 PM
Read Stripe

Corona

New Castle

these are a fue of my favorite things.................

etlsport
08/14/2009, 06:38 PM
DUDE bart.. you and i need to go drinking together bud.. you pretty much just listed what i have in my fridge :thumbup:

VX KAT
08/14/2009, 08:23 PM
The next one

Sam Adams Lite
Great White
Rolling Rock Pale Ale before Budweiser bought it and started using New Jersey tap water tainted with medical waste as opposed Mountain Spring water and stopped brewing in glass lined tanks

My first beer was Gennessee Cream Ale I loved it but have not seen it in awhile.

Hey, finally a thread I REALLY know something about!:laugho:
WOW Dave! You just brought back a ton of fun old memories with the Genny Cream Ale & Rolling Rock! Since we grew up in the same neck of the woods, makes sense we drank the same local stuff! I can't even recall what either tastes like now. Hey Dave remember I.C. Light???? (true piss water!)

I'm also into the Belgium/White/Wheat and almost ANY Hefeweizen....First choice is always Blue Moon! Thrilled to find more & more places have it on tap now! Yippee! Also like:
Sam Adams Summer Ale
Fosters
Pyramid Hef
Widmer Hef
Shiner Bock Hef (after all I did live in Texas for 12 yrs) Yeehaw!

Hey, think I'll make my way to the fridge right now! :_beer: Cheers! :dance:

PittVXr
08/14/2009, 09:37 PM
It was privately owned in Latrobe with its own brewery and bottling plant. The unions got too greedy so that not having a wide assortment the company could not make a profit. However, the unions also negotiated that anyone who bought the brewery had to honor their greedy *** contract. So the owners sold the brand to Budweiser who moved it to a brewery they already owned that made their piss water at a price that would have been good for the whole deal, and the owners kept the building and shut everything down. Funny thing is this is a good brewery very recent, and the mayor and council wanted those taxes and jobs back. So they approached several brewers it even looked like Sam Adams was going to go there. However the Democrat mayor and council allowed the union reps to come to the meetings and they told the brewers they would have to hire all the exemployees back at their old wages and senioruty or they would not brew one damn bottle of beer.

Here is a test what do you think happened?

Just to update you on that situation: Iron city beer will soon be brewed in the old Rolling Rock brewery. Iron city just ceased production in Pittsburgh last month. Seems they ran up a $2 million tab with the water company that they neglected to pay. :rollo:

So the Iron City brand is moving out to Latrobe, PA to start over. Hopefully they can find the old Rolling Rock recipe and start making a quality product. Iron City was always ;puke2;

crotchrocket
08/15/2009, 01:37 AM

hahahahahahahaha:laughy::laughy::laughy:

crotchrocket
08/15/2009, 01:39 AM
I FORGOT CORONA!!!!!!!

how could i have done that, i love corona on a sunny day with a wedge of lime mmmmmmmmmm.

alanpike
08/15/2009, 08:49 AM
Stella Artois has to be the best beer in the world ( I have sunk a few from all over ) the Belgians are good at it.......well they have been brewing it since 1366.

Think I will open an ice cold one. CHEERS....

JHarris1385
08/15/2009, 10:52 AM
Jealous of this thread....

I am a migraine sufferer and found out the hard way, way too many times that I dont do well with Tyramine which is in beer, which triggers a migraine for me almsot everytime. But if the party is worth it or the beer game seems justifiable I will drink the beer and take one for the team.

As for me I have to stick to liquor - more $$$ in the long run:

Southern Comfort
Rums
American Honey

I need to but timid to try new beers from different styles of brewing and see if I can get away with drinking something better or more expensive will work. Becuase of this and my yearly consumption being so low it is hard to acquire a taste for beer since there is fear of sickness. I am going to try hoegarden as I have had this in my mind for about a week now.

circmand
08/16/2009, 09:56 AM
Hey, finally a thread I REALLY know something about!:laugho:
WOW Dave! You just brought back a ton of fun old memories with the Genny Cream Ale & Rolling Rock! Since we grew up in the same neck of the woods, makes sense we drank the same local stuff! I can't even recall what either tastes like now. Hey Dave remember I.C. Light???? (true piss water!)

I'm also into the Belgium/White/Wheat and almost ANY Hefeweizen....First choice is always Blue Moon! Thrilled to find more & more places have it on tap now! Yippee! Also like:
Sam Adams Summer Ale
Fosters
Pyramid Hef
Widmer Hef
Shiner Bock Hef (after all I did live in Texas for 12 yrs) Yeehaw!

Hey, think I'll make my way to the fridge right now! :_beer: Cheers! :dance:

Funny things is not only do we have PA IN COMMON we also both lived in Texas (I was in Houston) but now AZ in common as well. Thats a coincidence and a half. I would love some beer but first I need to attempt to get that last yow hook bolt off for my hitch

circmand
08/16/2009, 10:06 AM
Just to update you on that situation: Iron city beer will soon be brewed in the old Rolling Rock brewery. Iron city just ceased production in Pittsburgh last month. Seems they ran up a $2 million tab with the water company that they neglected to pay. :rollo:

So the Iron City brand is moving out to Latrobe, PA to start over. Hopefully they can find the old Rolling Rock recipe and start making a quality product. Iron City was always ;puke2;

The tab was for sewage not water. For those of you unfamiliar with Pa they are truely odd. Your sewer bill is figured out on the amount of water you use not the volume of product you remit. Since 98% of the water a brewery makes goes out in bottles and not form the drains the Sewage company was charging obscene amounts for sewage they never had to treat.

Other PA oddities

When buying beer if you want 1 or 2 six packs you buy at a bar. You cannot buy 3 six packs. But if you want a case you go to a distributor. You can not buy beer in a convenience store or grocery store

When buying alchohol you go to a state owned liquor store and get waited on by snotty over paid union employees who are state employees and cany get fired. They used to all be closed on Sunday until the state realized that they were losing money because people that lived closed to another state would go across state lines and buy there. So they decided that the stores within 10 miles of another state would open on Sunday the rest are still closed.

Whe moving to PA. You go to one place for your license another for road test and a 3rd for vehicle inspections, They do not take cash and do not mention it when you call about coming for a license. They also cannot tell you the cost over the phone so you must make 2 trips. To top it off you have 1 month to get all this done.

Ldub
08/16/2009, 11:42 AM
The tab was for sewage not water. For those of you unfamiliar with Pa they are truely odd. Your sewer bill is figured out on the amount of water you use not the volume of product you remit. Since 98% of the water a brewery makes goes out in bottles and not form the drains the Sewage company was charging obscene amounts for sewage they never had to treat.

Other PA oddities

When buying beer if you want 1 or 2 six packs you buy at a bar. You cannot buy 3 six packs. But if you want a case you go to a distributor. You can not buy beer in a convenience store or grocery store

When buying alchohol you go to a state owned liquor store and get waited on by snotty over paid union employees who are state employees and cany get fired. They used to all be closed on Sunday until the state realized that they were losing money because people that lived closed to another state would go across state lines and buy there. So they decided that the stores within 10 miles of another state would open on Sunday the rest are still closed.

Whe moving to PA. You go to one place for your license another for road test and a 3rd for vehicle inspections, They do not take cash and do not mention it when you call about coming for a license. They also cannot tell you the cost over the phone so you must make 2 trips. To top it off you have 1 month to get all this done.

Sounds like a good place to be from,...:smilewink

Oh yeah, so as not to thread jack...BEER

alanbradley
08/16/2009, 12:54 PM
[Alan ponders whether to go fetch another bottle of Peroni from the fridge...]

I like a lot of the Asian beers like Singha and Xing Tao as they're less fizzy that Euro veers or - god help us - US beers.

Anyhow, I can't have a serious converstation about beer with people from the nation that brought us Bud Light! :P

[Despite a 6am start, Alan goes to fridge and...]

A

circmand
08/16/2009, 02:20 PM
[Alan ponders whether to go fetch another bottle of Peroni from the fridge...]

I like a lot of the Asian beers like Singha and Xing Tao as they're less fizzy that Euro veers or - god help us - US beers.

Anyhow, I can't have a serious converstation about beer with people from the nation that brought us Bud Light! :P

[Despite a 6am start, Alan goes to fridge and...]

A

We do not serve it warm or low carbonation Yuck

We do not sell it in Liter containers (do you think all those people speeding on the autoban are just beer drinkers racing to the next exit to take a piss?)

We can serve it in stadiums and not have the whole Football Game (Yeah I said it Football) deteriate into a riot

Scott Harness
08/16/2009, 03:23 PM
We do not serve it warm or low carbonation Yuck

We do not sell it in Liter containers (do you think all those people speeding on the autoban are just beer drinkers racing to the next exit to take a piss?)

We can serve it in stadiums and not have the whole Football Game (Yeah I said it Football) deteriate into a riot

X2 lol

Scott Harness
08/16/2009, 03:31 PM
I FORGOT CORONA!!!!!!!

how could i have done that, i love corona on a sunny day with a wedge of lime mmmmmmmmmm.

Texans aka gringos "know" Mexicans pee in the Coronas;oob;:yesy:

PHO2GR4
08/16/2009, 06:51 PM
1) Lone Star
2) Newcastle
3) Fat Tire
4) Tennant's Pilsner Lager
5) Pyramid Hefewiezen
6) DVD of "Deadwood". Now THAT'S a good evening right there.

etlsport
08/17/2009, 04:27 AM

clearly you have never been to a sporting event in philadelphia ;Db;

etlsport
08/17/2009, 04:31 AM
oh thought of a couple others that i really enjoy

Victory Whirlwind
Yuengling Black and Tan
Weyerbacher Autumnfest
Chimay Blue

circmand
08/17/2009, 07:25 AM
clearly you have never been to a sporting event in philadelphia ;Db;

For sports I prefer the Western part of the state Pittsburgh

The Home of Champions and the Pirates

nfpgasmask
08/17/2009, 09:57 AM
DUDE bart.. you and i need to go drinking together bud.. you pretty much just listed what i have in my fridge :thumbup:

Anytime, dude! :D

I am a migraine sufferer and found out the hard way, way too many times that I dont do well with Tyramine which is in beer, which triggers a migraine for me almsot everytime. I need to but timid to try new beers from different styles of brewing and see if I can get away with drinking something better or more expensive will work. Becuase of this and my yearly consumption being so low it is hard to acquire a taste for beer since there is fear of sickness. I am going to try hoegarden as I have had this in my mind for about a week now.

Well, don't feel too bad. I have discovered that the heavy wheat beers wreak HAVOC on my lower digestive system. A few pitchers of Blue Moon and a basket of hot wings and I will blow an O-ring the next day! It SUCKS because I love the stuff so much!

I pretty much agree, however there are plenty of microbreweries here in the States that kick butt. For instance, one of my favorites is North Coast (http://www.northcoastbrewing.com/). Their selection is amazingly good.

I completely agree that Budweiser is piss water and so is just about every other "cheap" American beer. I can't drink the stuff. Bud, MGD, Coors, all of that stuff is ;puke2; . The only one I can kinda tolerate is Michelob. But still, all you guys who like the cheap stuff can keep it, and the hangovers too. :D

Life is too short to drive an ugly car and drink cheap beer. :_beer:

Bart

circmand
08/17/2009, 10:21 AM
Anytime, dude! :D

Well, don't feel too bad. I have discovered that the heavy wheat beers wreak HAVOC on my lower digestive system. A few pitchers of Blue Moon and a basket of hot wings and I will blow an O-ring the next day! It SUCKS because I love the stuff so much!

I pretty much agree, however there are plenty of microbreweries here in the States that kick butt. For instance, one of my favorites is North Coast (http://www.northcoastbrewing.com/). Their selection is amazingly good.

I completely agree that Budweiser is piss water and so is just about every other "cheap" American beer. I can't drink the stuff. Bud, MGD, Coors, all of that stuff is ;puke2; . The only one I can kinda tolerate is Michelob. But still, all you guys who like the cheap stuff can keep it, and the hangovers too. :D

Life is too short to drive an ugly car and drink cheap beer. :_beer:

Bart

Have you tried Lost Coast Brewery a few hundred miles north?

nfpgasmask
08/17/2009, 10:29 AM
Have you tried Lost Coast Brewery a few hundred miles north?

Nope, I will check for it though next time I am at BevMo.

Bart

circmand
08/17/2009, 10:49 AM
Great White Ale

alanpike
08/17/2009, 11:39 AM
I need to try a Yuengling in December heared its good.

alanbradley
08/20/2009, 05:07 AM
Yeah, I've heard the same. Sam Adams is meant to be good too.

I was just trolling with the Bud Light comments folks...

crotchrocket
08/20/2009, 05:35 AM
Yeah, I've heard the same. Sam Adams is meant to be good too.

I was just trolling with the Bud Light comments folks...

No he wasn't you should hear what else he says about you lot!!!! :D

circmand
08/20/2009, 08:17 AM
No he wasn't you should hear what else he says about you lot!!!! :D

I do not think I can take beer critique from someone not creative enough to come up with a internet site handle. I am frankly amazed that he has the creativity to appreciate the VX. He sounds like an accountant who would drive a 4 door sedan until it is fully depreciated

ReefFreek
08/20/2009, 09:42 AM
Hey now. I am an Accountant. Well, by degree I am but I acutally am an Internal Auditor. Of course I am selling mine so......

My list would probably include:

1) Sam Adams Cherry Wheat
2) Leinenkugels (Any)
3) Sam Smith's Immperial Stout
4) 1554

circmand
08/20/2009, 11:03 AM
Hey now. I am an Accountant. Well, by degree I am but I acutally am an Internal Auditor. Of course I am selling mine so......

My list would probably include:

1) Sam Adams Cherry Wheat
2) Leinenkugels (Any)
3) Sam Smith's Immperial Stout
4) 1554

In resolving is admitting you have a problem

ScottinMA
08/20/2009, 01:50 PM
Cape Cod Red (local microbrew) served in an frosty 16 oz mug followed by a few more.

VX KAT
08/20/2009, 10:28 PM
Had the opportunity to get to both Bevmo & Total Wine in Phoenix today.....(it was "only" 108 ...delightful OMG :rollo2:)

After reading this thread, got a great sampling of new wheat/Belgian beers I can't wait to try! :thumbup:

North Coast -Pranqster
North Coast -Blue Star
Lost Coast Brewery- Great White Ale
Blue Moon Honey Moon Seasonal
Sierra nevada - Wheat
Sierra Nevada - Kellerweis Hefeweizen
Leinenkugel's - Sunset Wheat
Leinenkugel's - Honey Wheat

Can you say it's beer-tasting time?

Also got this really cool Jager "kit" with the huge Jager bottle, shot glasses and a pump, all inside a bright orange bucket for the ice!

If I don't post for like 4 days...send out a search team!

Ldub
08/20/2009, 10:45 PM
You might wanna post sentrys around the perimiter...:uhohgray:
Now that the word is out, re: the "Jagermeister", you can expect to see at least a couple of members skulking around in the bushes, licking their chops...Drool...:laughing:

Had the opportunity to get to both Bevmo & Total Wine in Phoenix today.....(it was "only" 108 ...delightful OMG :rollo2:)

After reading this thread, got a great sampling of new wheat/Belgian beers I can't wait to try! :thumbup:

North Coast -Pranqster
North Coast -Blue Star
Lost Coast Brewery- Great White Ale
Blue Moon Honey Moon Seasonal
Sierra nevada - Wheat
Sierra Nevada - Kellerweis Hefeweizen
Leinenkugel's - Sunset Wheat
Leinenkugel's - Honey Wheat

Can you say it's beer-tasting time?

Also got this really cool Jager "kit" with the huge Jager bottle, shot glasses and a pump, all inside a bright orange bucket for the ice!

If I don't post for like 4 days...send out a search team!

VX KAT
08/20/2009, 11:27 PM
Now that the word is out, re: the "Jagermeister", you can expect to see at least a couple of members skulking around in the bushes, licking their chops...Drool...:laughing:

I think my 8 lb Pomeranian would work well....he'll bite their ankles off, grrrrr! ......and our good friends next door don't bother to skulk, they just come on over. now coming over for the Jager on "tap" basically! They're frequent visitors and we have a blast.....Dave and Ray were doing shots of Stoli Crystal last Wed night (did 1/2 the bottle!)...oh my, Ray was so hung over he was late to work, Dave just moaned a lot...:laugho: This weekend should be the Jager....oh, and beer sampling! DroolYahoo!

crotchrocket
08/21/2009, 01:28 AM
I do not think I can take beer critique from someone not creative enough to come up with a internet site handle. I am frankly amazed that he has the creativity to appreciate the VX. He sounds like an accountant who would drive a 4 door sedan until it is fully depreciated

hahaha, fpmsl. I did try it once on a US 300zx forum but could never remember who i was!! so i just use the same thing on every forum :D

Oh..........Was drinking Heiniken and Amstel last night. not bad either, you can add those to the list!

ojmagg
08/21/2009, 06:19 AM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/IMG_0222.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=15640)

Look out for Bird Dog Brewery!

VX KAT
09/24/2009, 11:08 PM
Hubby & I had the neighbors over, made an evening of it tasting some new (to us) beers that were mentioned in this thread. I found a place in Phoenix that has an entire long row of single bottles, so picked up some that were mentioned here and some that looked interesting and a few six's of some favorites. A very good time was had by all....:bgwo:
:_beer::_beer::_beer::_beer::_beer:
Great White Ale - a bit hoppy, nice taste, enjoyed a 6 pack!:yeso:
Blue Star - fairly hoppy flavor, but pretty smooth, have a few bottles left :yesb:
Sierra Nevada Wheat - VERY hoppy & bitter, not my favorite:noo:
Sierra Nevada Kellerweis - 10+, Smooooooth, excellent flavor, nice amount of hops, could be my new fav :drool2:
Pranqster - Big after taste, not so good,:thumbdn:
Blue Moon - usually my favorite, nice, smooth, a bit hoppy :thumbup:
Honey Moon - nice seasonal blend, nice smooth hoppiness, a touch sweet :rotate:
Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat - WEIRD taste :_wtf::_huh:, none of us could identify it. Aromatic, smooth, tasted a bit like annis (licorice flavor), blech!;puke2;
Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss - 9+, VERY smooth, not that hoppy, very pleasant & light :drool2:
Gordon Biersch Hefeweizen - excellent, smooth, very good:grino:

VX-157
09/25/2009, 02:24 AM
Fosters

I knew if i went though the pages i would see someone who likes fosters. :p To be honest mate there is a reason we export that.....swill....

I am a big fan of Blonde, its low cab but that means you just drink twice as much :yesgray:

edit: i have just been informed that your "fosters" is not the fosters we have over here. the fosters you drink is our crown lagar....now i know why you guys go on about fosters! i shall inform the masses and we will no longer make fun of you :D

MSHardeman
09/25/2009, 07:38 AM
I am not a big beer drinker, but I did just go to the Telluride Blues and Brews festival this past weekend (http://www.tellurideblues.com/). I used to live in Telluride and try to get back as often as I can, and a three day festival with blues music, three hours of free beer tasting from some of the finest micro brewerys on Saturday, and a beautiful mountain setting is as good a reason as any.
I've been eight times now, and over the years I have found some really good beers. One year there was a chocolate stout from a small brewery here in Colorado that was really good. Strange, but good.
If you like beer and blues music you should try and make it out one year.....I'll see you there.

ojmagg
09/25/2009, 10:10 AM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/IMG_0230.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=15961)

We brewed a 2-Harted Clone...it was pretty mild in flavor...we entered it into a local contest...cheers!

pbkid
09/25/2009, 07:34 PM
I am not a big beer drinker, but I did just go to the Telluride Blues and Brews festival this past weekend (http://www.tellurideblues.com/). I used to live in Telluride and try to get back as often as I can, and a three day festival with blues music, three hours of free beer tasting from some of the finest micro brewerys on Saturday, and a beautiful mountain setting is as good a reason as any.
I've been eight times now, and over the years I have found some really good beers. One year there was a chocolate stout from a small brewery here in Colorado that was really good. Strange, but good.
If you like beer and blues music you should try and make it out one year.....I'll see you there.
sounds like fun mark... :_beer:

brewfest in denver is tomorrow... i have a few friends going, but i have to work, and its $60 to walk in the door!!!

crotchrocket
08/26/2010, 08:32 AM
So i went to a beer festival a couple weeks ago and have been thinking about a nice cold beer all day so i thought i'd revive this thread :D Heres something for the dads....

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j31/crotchrocket3000/bottom20shelf.jpg

JHarris1385
08/26/2010, 08:53 AM
I can' drink beer. I get severely ill. Tyramine in it makes me get migraines no matter what. 24-48 hours of pure hell.

crotchrocket
08/26/2010, 09:02 AM
ah man, THAT SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!! :(

JHarris1385
08/26/2010, 09:16 AM
No kidding. Beer is everywhere. Fifths/handles/pints/half pints are not. I have been saying this for years to my friends. So I finally gave in and said here watch. Sure enough it was about 36 hour long episode of pure sickness. Its unbelievable how bad it is.

Luna X
08/26/2010, 09:36 AM
No kidding. Beer is everywhere. Fifths/handles/pints/half pints are not. I have been saying this for years to my friends. So I finally gave in and said here watch. Sure enough it was about 36 hour long episode of pure sickness. Its unbelievable how bad it is.

I'm curious,
Do you also feel bad after eating foods like bread or pasta? I've realized that I have gluten intolerance and therefore, my body does not process or break down foods made with wheat.... now you have me reading up on tyramine... I get nasty headaches from just a beer or 2, so I gave it up... just isn't worth the pain for a 1/2 buzz ;)

tom4bren
08/26/2010, 09:36 AM
I can' drink beer. I get severely ill. Tyramine in it makes me get migraines no matter what. 24-48 hours of pure hell.

I'm right there with Ya son. If I try to drink beer - IMMEDIATE retching. Just about any kind of nuts give me a bad headache as well.

Bread & pasta are my friends tho (good thing since Wifey came from Philly - they live on pasta & cheese steak).

nfpgasmask
08/26/2010, 09:58 AM
Thanks Crotchrocket, that's just....just....mmmmmmmm.

Bart

nfpgasmask
08/26/2010, 10:02 AM
Luna/J, yeah, I feel you. For some reason, I LOVE wheat beers the most, but my digestive system DOES NOT. I don't get headaches, but man do I get the poopies. :rotate: I try to not drink excessive amounts of wheat beer, despite my tongue's affinity for it.

Bart

circmand
08/26/2010, 10:02 AM
I'm right there with Ya son. If I try to drink beer - IMMEDIATE retching. Just about any kind of nuts give me a bad headache as well.

Bread & pasta are my friends tho (good thing since Wifey came from Philly - they live on pasta & cheese steak).

They have hard liquor

Kona-Vs
08/26/2010, 10:06 AM
Thanks Crotchrocket, I've always loved a cold beer from the bottom shelf:)

tom4bren
08/26/2010, 10:07 AM
They have hard liquor

I'm quite familiar with that ... how dya think I got through college beer-less?

circmand
08/26/2010, 10:14 AM
I'm quite familiar with that ... how dya think I got through college beer-less?

if you were drinking hard liquor I am assuming pantless

VXR
08/26/2010, 10:27 AM
Thanks Crotchrocket, I've always loved a cold beer from the bottom shelf:)

X2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PUZyDycj1M

tom4bren
08/26/2010, 11:10 AM
if you were drinking hard liquor I am assuming pantless

I have no response to that.

Ascinder
08/26/2010, 12:38 PM
I have no response to that.

Probably because you were too drunk to remember.:confused:

crotchrocket
08/26/2010, 01:14 PM
X2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PUZyDycj1M

I just got in from the pub and THAT made my evening, lol!!!!

RabidPony
08/26/2010, 09:22 PM
Saw this thread and couldn't resist. :_beer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlULgi92zK8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-jOEAufDQ4

As far as beer goes for me, the darker the better. Of course Guinness is the standard. Though my grandfather used to brew some of the best Irish dark I have ever had. Stuff would give you a buzz with just a whiff.:yesb:

crotchrocket
08/27/2010, 01:16 AM
Here's todays inspirational "i can put a picture of a scantily clad hottie because its beer related" picture :D (sorry female members!)

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i116/STR8EVL/GIRLS/beer.jpg

tom4bren
08/27/2010, 07:19 AM
Probably because you were too drunk to remember.:confused:

I musta missed the memo. Is it REALLY pick on Tom day????

crotchrocket
08/27/2010, 10:09 AM
Yes it is.......................SMELLY ! :D

tom4bren
08/27/2010, 10:24 AM
:slap:

crotchrocket
08/27/2010, 11:21 AM
:bla: ......................................... just kiddin :flower:

edit* drinking stella BTW :D

tom4bren
08/27/2010, 11:31 AM
I know. I was just letting my anal retentive nature shine through.

VX crazy
08/27/2010, 03:00 PM

Sue, I am on my way..........dont shoot

BTW I drink anything and everything......

VXR
08/27/2010, 03:15 PM
Sue, I am on my way..........dont shoot

BTW I drink anything and everything......

:confused:

VX KAT
08/27/2010, 03:28 PM
:confused:
Ummm, yer not alone VXR...:_thinking:?::_confused????
she pulled that quote up from an older post many months ago, like last summer I think........ummm...maybe she's drinking Stella too, or maybe she's into the Jager pretty heavy...or both! :laugho:

Lisa????

VX crazy
08/27/2010, 04:09 PM
she pulled that quote up from an older post many months ago, like last summer I think........ummm...maybe she's drinking Stella too, or maybe she's into the Jager pretty heavy...or both! :laugho:

Lisa????

You got that right Sue, boy, I am sober and cant think straight.....maybe I should start drinking.......:confused:

VX KAT
08/27/2010, 05:45 PM
You got that right Sue, boy, I am sober and cant think straight.....maybe I should start drinking.......:confused:

Start drinking? :_thinking Worked for us before...!!

http://forum.thescubasite.com/happy/happy0167.gif (http://www.thescubasite.com)

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3260/DSC_2135.JPG

VX crazy
08/27/2010, 06:18 PM

I sure miss you woman!

VXR
08/28/2010, 02:15 AM
Here's todays inspirational "i can put a picture of a scantily clad hottie because its beer related" picture :D (sorry female members!)

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i116/STR8EVL/GIRLS/beer.jpg

I would tap that:grinb:

JHarris1385
08/28/2010, 06:48 AM
I'm curious,
Do you also feel bad after eating foods like bread or pasta? I've realized that I have gluten intolerance and therefore, my body does not process or break down foods made with wheat.... now you have me reading up on tyramine... I get nasty headaches from just a beer or 2, so I gave it up... just isn't worth the pain for a 1/2 buzz ;)

I can eat breads and pastas just fine. I have inherited unreal migraines. Not the ones you take overthecounter drugs for or just one prescription pill and you are done. But ones where I have to take injections and I have lidocaine and many other top pain eliminating medicines on hand. This is mentioned because some foods trigger a migraine for me but bread and pasta don't. However I have been on a ridiculous supplement for the past couple months and have had zero issues. I and others I personally know have had such positive results I have thought about making a post here to let you all in on it too. Celiac disease seems to be more of a lifestyle disease due immunity. Have you had your D3 levels checked. Don't take an "ok" from your doctor as ok could be as low as 40...you want to shoot for 60-90.

So-CalVX
08/28/2010, 07:10 AM

Lisa????

mmmmmmmmmmmm Jager :D that's what i've been at all night... along with the bud light for beer pong

PK
08/28/2010, 04:32 PM

Ahhhh - the picture of innocence!!!!:p;):smilegray:

2 young choir girls sipping on their lemonade, and wondering how to get that sexy preacher alone.evil::evil:
:yesy::yeso::yesb:

PK

crotchrocket
08/29/2010, 02:41 AM
Added a new beer to the list yesterday, Hersbrucker. Had it in the Porter House, covent garden which has beers from all around the world, i'd definately recomend it.

Hersbrucker

Alcohol by volume: 5%

Grain: Lager Malt, Cara Malt.

Hops: Galena, Nugget, Hersbrucker.

A classic full bodied continental style pilsner with an ample balance of lip smacking Hersbrucker hops. A soft, quality hop flavour with the matching subtly of fine malt and sweetness.

Gold Award, All Ireland 2000.

VX KAT
08/29/2010, 01:38 PM
Ahhhh - the picture of innocence!!!!:p;):smilegray:

2 young choir girls sipping on their lemonade, and wondering how to get that sexy preacher alone.evil::evil:
:yesy::yeso::yesb:

PK

All those that are innocent just haven't been caught.......yet :evil::naughty: ;)

Chopper
08/29/2010, 06:08 PM
Dogfishhead 120 min. IPA (or 90 min)....Magic Hat #9...Magic Hat IPA... Sierra Nevada Pale Ale....Anchor Liberty Ale....I make a mean Helles and a fairly sinister Blonde as well

circmand
08/30/2010, 08:22 AM
Dogfishhead 120 min. IPA (or 90 min)....Magic Hat #9...Magic Hat IPA... Sierra Nevada Pale Ale....Anchor Liberty Ale....I make a mean Helles and a fairly sinister Blonde as well

how you guys can list all your beers. There is no way I could even remember half the hundreds of different beers I have had in my travels and experimenting. In college we had a bar that carried over 150 different types of beer. For starters I guess I could ask them to send me a list because all 150 would be on it.

nfpgasmask
08/30/2010, 09:14 AM
There is no way I could even remember half the hundreds of different beers I have had in my travels and experimenting.

I know what you mean. Here's all the beers I like:

http://www.canyonbd.com/images/homeimg/bevmoLG.png

:laughing: Bart

tom4bren
08/30/2010, 11:53 AM
I'd heard this one before but the beer part was a new twist (& made it apropo for this thread):)

Life’s Lesson Worth Remembering

The Mayonnaise Jar

When things in your life seem, Almost too much to handle, When 24 Hours in a day is not enough, Remember the mayonnaise jar and 2 Bottles of Beer.

A professor stood before his philosophy class And had some items in front of him.
When the class began, wordlessly,
He picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar And proceeded to fill it with golf balls.

He then asked the students, If the jar was full.
They agreed that it was.

The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly.
The pebbles rolled into the open Areas between the golf balls.

He then asked The students again
If the jar was full.. They agreed it was.

The professor next picked up a box of sand And poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else.
He asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded With an unanimous 'yes.'

The professor then produced Two Bottles of beers from under the table And poured the entire contents Into the jar, effectively Filling the Empty space between the sand.
The students laughed.

'Now,' said the professor, As the laughter subsided, 'I want you to recognize that This jar represents your life.

The golf balls are the important things - your partner, family, children, health, friends, favorite passions and your Maker.
Things that if everything else was lost And only they remained, Your life would still be full.

The pebbles are the other things that matter Like your job, house, and car.

The sand is everything else --
The small stuff.

'If you put the sand into the jar first,' He continued, 'there is no room for The pebbles or the golf balls.
The same goes for life.

If you spend all your time And energy on the small stuff, You will never have room for The things that are Important to you.

So..

Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness.
Play with your children.
Take time to get medical checkups.
Take your partner out to dinner.
In fact regularly keep shining up those golf balls as we too often neglect those that are most important to our continued and long term happiness!

There will always be time
To clean the house and fix the disposal.

'Take care of the golf balls first --
The things that really matter.
Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.'

One of the students raised her hand
And inquired what the Beer represented.

The professor smiled.
'I'm glad you asked'.

It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a Beer or two with one of your friends.'

Please share this with other "Golf Balls"