PDA

View Full Version : Squeaking noise when I drive.. Shocks??

Panther_Black_VX
07/31/2003, 09:06 PM
I am hearing a squeaking noise when drive. It seems like it is the front shocks. Does this mean its time to change them? Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions or fixes?

SGT.BATGUANO
07/31/2003, 09:36 PM
Since it seems that a lot of people are posting that silicone spray is a universal cure-all for squeeks and anything rubber related on the VX , I'd recommend that you try using it to isolate the location of the squeek starting with the sway bar bushings then the shock mount bushings then spray some on ALL the hood bumpers(rear of hood also). Do one area at a time, then drive it to see if squeek is reduced or eliminated . Once you isolate the problem area, you can repair or replace.

Keep the silicone away from the brake rotors!

Leah
08/02/2003, 03:30 AM
Is it at all possible that the squeek could be coming from the hood latch? That's what always squeeks on mine.

HotFlyer
08/02/2003, 07:17 AM
I had a squeek coming from the front hood rubber stops. By raising them a half twist, the squeek stopped. That was 10 months ago and it is still quiet. I hope this helps.

Howard

Panther_Black_VX
08/02/2003, 10:58 AM
That might be it. Since the squeaking started after I got my VX back from the repair shop.

Two cars collided at an intersection and rammed into my parked VX pushing me into the car parked ahead of me. So I had had damage to the front.

I'll take a look today. Thanks!