PDA

View Full Version : Door Handle Non-Slip Tape.. Free to the first 20!! maybe more

VCrossfan
08/13/2009, 07:55 PM
Hi Gang: A fellow VXer (I forgot who) posted something he found that works great to keep the door handle from slipping out of your hand while opening (My daughter broke a nail and I thought the world was going to end)anyway he used Adhesive backed tape safety step tape (feels like about 60 grit paper) he picked up from an RV center. I visited my local RV Center and picked up more than I needed so I am offering one set "FREE" to the first 20 Members ( and it might increase I'll check what I have left) pre-cut and ready to install. I've cut then to about 2 1/2" x 3/4" and it seems to fit well although my daughter thought it was alittle to course on her side, so I cut another piece and knocked off the sharpness by sanding in on a clean piece of concrete. It did the trick and they work well. Anyway first 20 come first 20 served. Leave your address here or PM me and I'll ship them all out when I get 20 sets cut and packaged.

This is my little Thank You for all the info I have received for the last 5 years here. Steve... aka Vcrossfan

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/thumbs/102_0841.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=15570)http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/thumbs/102_0839.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=15569)

tworavens
08/13/2009, 08:04 PM
Heck, I'll take a set! PM sent. You da man!

VX KAT
08/13/2009, 08:19 PM
PM sent! My black friction tape (that you use on hockey sticks) really isn't working much anymore, but your idea is WAY better!
:thanx:

Moncha
08/13/2009, 08:42 PM
Great deal! Thank you!

Gussie2000
08/13/2009, 08:58 PM
Thank you for this one ! :yesgray:

djvx
08/13/2009, 09:52 PM
I originally posted about the grip tape, since my post it is still working perfect.It was my girlfriend that broke a nail....lol Glad to hear more folks are usin it.

Knigh7s
08/14/2009, 02:36 AM
pm sent. I tried the skateboard stuff not to long ago. but it seams it didnt like the 110 degree weather and fell right off!!! :(

rowhard
08/14/2009, 03:46 AM
Taa mate, PM sent

JAMAS
08/14/2009, 05:28 AM
Rockin' :supercool

Thanks!

alterastro
08/14/2009, 05:54 AM
Are us Brits included? :bwgy: If so I'd love a set :bgwo:

More than happy to pay the postage :yeso:

Thanks

Nick

don moore
08/14/2009, 08:04 AM
send away..thx

TheGanzman
08/14/2009, 02:45 PM
I'm all in! Best deal I got today since I found a quarter in the parking lot of the chiropractor's office, picked it up, and burned the sh*t outta my fingers (it was in the bright sun)...:smilewink

PM on the way...

VCrossfan
08/14/2009, 04:32 PM
djvx..Thanks for the idea I hope you don't mind using to help others,lol. And that's 2 nails broke between your girlfriends and my daughters.. We gotta help the sista's out too...Thx Bro, great Idea ! !

Are us Brits included? :bwgy: If so I'd love a set :bgwo:

More than happy to pay the postage :yeso:

Thanks

Nick

Yes your included....A bratha's a bratha

circmand
08/14/2009, 04:40 PM
of a Vehicross owner is the inability to operate a door handle.

tomdietrying
08/14/2009, 06:53 PM
P.M. sent THANKS
Peace.
Tom

99VC
08/14/2009, 08:13 PM
P.M. sent also THANKS

PHO2GR4
08/15/2009, 05:49 PM
I don't need a set, so no PM sent...I don't have problems with my fingernails! ;)

I just wanted to say how cool you were for doing this. What a great community we have here!!!

rowhard
08/15/2009, 07:36 PM
:ot: Eric, nice to hear something from you. You missed a fine summer here, may till this past week, no rain, must be a record or something, wait, it was.

Now back to your normally broadcasted thread

pbkid
08/15/2009, 08:14 PM
i was gonna say that you could probably also use skateboard grip tape and that would probably work really well....

you have to 'squeege' it really well in order to get it to stick..

VCrossfan
08/15/2009, 09:48 PM
Not a prob Pho2...It's not only to save nails it's mainly for handle slipage out of hand..

And it's not a prob at all doing this it's the least I can do for this info packed forum. In fact I had some extra time today and mailed out over a dozen sets today. So the members that wanted a set, leave some feedback when you've installed them.

I don't need a set, so no PM sent...I don't have problems with my fingernails! ;)

I just wanted to say how cool you were for doing this. What a great community we have here!!!

PHO2GR4
08/16/2009, 06:53 PM
Not a prob Pho2...It's not only to save nails it's mainly for handle slippage out of hand.

I know; I was just joshin'. It HAS slipped outta my hand before; mostly in Seattle because it was always wet there.

In Austin...not so much. Also, BTW, there are VERY few VXs around here. Lots of stares and questions! That hasn't happened in awhile...

VX KAT
08/17/2009, 03:22 PM
Hey got the strips today, can't tell you how much we all appreciate you doing this! Way Cool! I'll put them on this week. They'll work great, and prevent a broken door handle one day, I'm sure.....um...except for Circmand.... Maybe he'll show us all one day how to properly open the door handle.....:p:p:p
:laugho::laugho::laugho::laugho:

circmand
08/17/2009, 03:59 PM
Hey got the strips today, can't tell you how much we all appreciate you doing this! Way Cool! I'll put them on this week. They'll work great, and prevent a broken door handle one day, I'm sure.....um...except for Circmand.... Maybe he'll show us all one day how to properly open the door handle.....:p:p:p

Pardon me would you happen to have any Grey Poupon?

tomdietrying
08/17/2009, 06:14 PM
Just got mine. Thanks again!
Peace.
Tom

cyronman
08/18/2009, 05:56 PM
Any left??

I've had this post in the back of mind for a few days now...and TWICE today, my hand slipped off! Unbelievable...

Lemme know, I can PM my addy.

Thankx!

Gussie2000
08/18/2009, 06:21 PM
I also got mines today.

I placed them right away,all i can say is WOW what a difference.

I went to pick up my girl friend after putting the strips,didn't tell her any thing,but once she grab the handle she say : gussie ! what's that under the handle ?

I told her : the anti breaking nail kit for you from a fellow VX'er in FL.

All she say was : Hmmmm you guys takes this isuzuclub quite serioulsy.

She send me to tell you very thanks :p

99VC
08/18/2009, 06:28 PM
I received mine today also, thanks Steve.

VCrossfan
08/18/2009, 07:21 PM
Any left??

I've had this post in the back of mind for a few days now...and TWICE today, my hand slipped off! Unbelievable...

Lemme know, I can PM my addy.

Thankx!

Yes I have more pre-cut and ready to install. Pm me your address but first clear out some PM's in yours....It's full ( I tried)

VCrossfan
08/18/2009, 07:23 PM

Just got mine. Thanks again!
Peace.
Tom

I also got mines today.

I placed them right away,all i can say is WOW what a difference.

I went to pick up my girl friend after putting the strips,didn't tell her any thing,but once she grab the handle she say : gussie ! what's that under the handle ?

I told her : the anti breaking nail kit for you from a fellow VX'er in FL.

All she say was : Hmmmm you guys takes this isuzuclub quite serioulsy.

She send me to tell you very thanks :p

I received mine today also, thanks Steve.

Not a problem....Glad I could help...

Steve

rowhard
08/18/2009, 07:51 PM
Rec today, taa mate

tworavens
08/18/2009, 09:07 PM
I got mine today, too. Thanks VXFan, you're a real Mensch!

djvx
08/18/2009, 09:22 PM
:argue: no more of that after rippin' off a nail IS quite worth the quick fix! Thanks for makin 'em and sending them!

tom4bren
08/21/2009, 09:11 AM
Y'all jinxed me. I never had a problem with the door handle slipping off my fingers ... till I read this thread. It's happened twice today already.

Thank you so VERY much.:)

handeeman
08/21/2009, 12:46 PM
Me too tom4bren, I prolly never had this happen till i read this thread. now my door handle is slippin outta my hand alla time. This week en I'm gonna go to home depot and get some regular cabinet door handles and drill holes in my door handles and mount them. I'll post pics if I like it, gonna see if they have cabinet handles in kaiser silver.

tom4bren
08/21/2009, 12:57 PM
Think I'll go the simpler route ... cut up an old innertube & glue rubber to the underside of the handles.

It's either that or eat a popcicle before I get to the VX.

Knigh7s
08/21/2009, 04:11 PM
much thanks friend! got mine installed today... I actually like the higher grit to it.

TheGanzman
08/22/2009, 10:45 AM
Installed mine yesterday, leaving the "high grit" option - great stuff! Many thanks!

JAMAS
08/25/2009, 12:51 PM
Got mine about a week ago. After a quick rub on the concrete to knock it down a bit, they are PERFECT.

Many Thanks!

circmand
08/25/2009, 01:06 PM
1. unlock the door
2. put finger tips under the handle so that fingertips touch the top of the handle
3. lift

I shudder to think what would happen if a Jeep site got wind of the fact VX owners can not open their doors. Not too mention how it looks on the FBI profile of VX owners. We be riding the short bus for sure

tom4bren
08/26/2009, 09:03 AM
Even simpler ... lift handle upward - not outward.

I've now gradumacated from the short bus.

circmand
08/26/2009, 10:40 AM
Even simpler ... lift handle upward - not outward.

I've now gradumacated from the short bus.

Lift denotes up pull denotes inward push denotes inward.

tom4bren
08/26/2009, 02:32 PM
I'll see ya in summerschool 'cause lift implies an unsupported raising action whereas the door handle on the VX is hinged implying a rotational manipulation. That is, the door could opened by either pulling outward or upward on the handle.:flame:

circmand
08/26/2009, 02:35 PM
I'll see ya in summerschool 'cause lift implies an unsupported raising action whereas the door handle on the VX is hinged implying a rotational manipulation. That is, the door could opened by either pulling outward or upward on the handle.:flame:

Main Entry: lift
Part of Speech: verb
Definition: move upwards; ascend
Synonyms: arise, aspire, bear aloft, boost, bring up, build up, buoy up, climb, come up, disappear, disperse, dissipate, draw up, elevate, erect, goose, heft, hike, hike up, hoist, jack up, jump up, mount, move up, pick up, put up, raise, raise high, rear, rise, soar, take up, up, upheave, uphold, uplift, upraise, uprear, vanish
Antonyms: descend, drop, lower

See move upwards no mention of unsupported raising. never use implying in a definition unless it is doe imply

tom4bren
08/26/2009, 02:41 PM
Game on.

I'll look it up in MIL-STD-1472 tomorrow. The Army never gets it wrong.

VCrossfan
08/26/2009, 04:03 PM
of a Vehicross owner is the inability to operate a door handle.

1. unlock the door
2. put finger tips under the handle so that fingertips touch the top of the handle
3. lift

I shudder to think what would happen if a Jeep site got wind of the fact VX owners can not open their doors. Not too mention how it looks on the FBI profile of VX owners. We be riding the short bus for sure

Lift denotes up pull denotes inward push denotes inward.

Main Entry: lift
Part of Speech: verb
Definition: move upwards; ascend
Synonyms: arise, aspire, bear aloft, boost, bring up, build up, buoy up, climb, come up, disappear, disperse, dissipate, draw up, elevate, erect, goose, heft, hike, hike up, hoist, jack up, jump up, mount, move up, pick up, put up, raise, raise high, rear, rise, soar, take up, up, upheave, uphold, uplift, upraise, uprear, vanish
Antonyms: descend, drop, lower

See move upwards no mention of unsupported raising. never use implying in a definition unless it is doe imply

OK OK OK..We get it, Your starting to bore me...

tom4bren
08/27/2009, 05:36 AM
OK OK OK..We get it, Your starting to bore me...

Yeah, rekin it was only funny for the first cupla posts.

Game off - circmand wins (I was right & he was wrong but since he actually googled 'lift' we'll give him the win for effort):)