PDA

View Full Version : 'Mornin Mr. Dub

tom4bren
08/13/2009, 08:57 AM
Yer kinda quiet lately - Howz life?

Ldub
08/13/2009, 09:41 AM
Life is GROOVY baby...:dan_ban:...:dance:...:dan_ban:

Just winding up my weekend, go to work at 0000 TH PM/FR AM.

Spent lots of time w/ Suzy this weekend (TU-WE in my world), had the opportunity to hang with my friends in the building last night...did too much of this...:_beer:...:rolleyesg

Fabbed up a front licence plate mount, & did a few other projects...:_wrench:

Thanks for asking...:thanx:

tom4bren
08/13/2009, 10:25 AM
Cool,

In my world, weekend starts this afternoon. Heading out to Tennessee to visit my folks. Got a few more things to do on the RV before the maiden voyage. Prolly won't be any of this :_beer:

See Y'all on Tuesday.

Ldub
08/13/2009, 12:01 PM
Have a good voyage...:thumbup:...:_steering...:dance:

ZEUS
08/13/2009, 01:18 PM
Prolly won't be any of this :_beer:

Have a good voyage...:thumbup:...:_steering...:dance:These two statements don't play very well together. :_beer:

Ldub
08/13/2009, 10:55 PM
These two statements don't play very well together. :_beer:

IMO, iffin' yer haulin the fam cross country in a vehicle so large that it should have it's own zip code, :_beer: shouldn't be part of the picture.

However, if the final destination is Tenn., all bets are off...:laughing:

Like Clark Griswold's dad said, when asked how he was able to handle family gatherings...

"I had a lot of help from Jack Daniels"

ZEUS
08/14/2009, 09:19 AM
Yeah, you're right. I was referring more to the arrival at the destination than I was at the time of transport. My family requires alcohol to endure!

tom4bren
08/18/2009, 02:26 PM
It was a good trip (even with very little :_beer:)

I'm sure I'll make up for it next weekend (retirement party for a friend).

The mobile zip code was great for the 7 hours each way (everyone but me slept the whole way). I'm still recovering from pump shock - but I was expecting that.

I gotta start looking for a car trailer so I can take the VX wit me.

ZEUS
08/18/2009, 03:36 PM
Welcome back, it sucked without your sarcastic commentary around here... I must be getting soft... well, there's something no guy ever wants to have to say...

Moncha
08/18/2009, 03:39 PM
I must be getting soft... well, there's something no guy ever wants to have to say...

http://www.smileyhut.com/laughing/rofl.gif (http://www.smileyhut.com)

tom4bren
08/19/2009, 08:41 AM
"it sucked without your sarcastic commentary around here... "

4 days without any lightning bolts down the shorts ... kinda missed that:)

Interesting story on the trip tho. I knew there was a short underpass near my parent's house but figured the RV could make it. When I saw the sign indicating that it was only 8'4" tho I didn't try (RV is 10'3"). So I tried an alternate route. It had an underpass that was only 7'4". After a 12 point U turn I tried another alternate. ANOTHER 7'4" underpass. I finally gave up & called Dad to lead me in. I left a 4 foot scrape in the road pulling into their driveway. They really didn't design Tennessee for RVs. Rekin I need to start thinking about a lift kit for the RV.

ZEUS
08/19/2009, 10:57 AM
Interesting story on the trip tho. I knew there was a short underpass near my parent's house but figured the RV could make it. When I saw the sign indicating that it was only 8'4" tho I didn't try (RV is 10'3"). So I tried an alternate route. It had an underpass that was only 7'4". After a 12 point U turn I tried another alternate. ANOTHER 7'4" underpass. I finally gave up & called Dad to lead me in. I left a 4 foot scrape in the road pulling into their driveway. They really didn't design Tennessee for RVs. Rekin I need to start thinking about a lift kit for the RV.Nah, why stop short? ...get it, get it?... Okaaaay... anyway, pimp that bad boy out with an air bag suspension and sign that says "If this RV's a rocking... eh, who'm I kiddin." :bgwb:

tom4bren
08/19/2009, 11:14 AM
"pimp that bad boy out with an air bag suspension"

It already has some form of air adjustment suspension on the rear (I assume air shocks) but I haven't messed with it yet. I haven't even installed the Power Inverter yet & now I gotta start thinkin 'bout a compresser too!!!

Wifey says I gotta install a leveling/stabalizer system. Seems she's to classy for the 'RV a rockin' thang. Doesn't make much sense tho considering who she's married to.:confused:

tom4bren
08/19/2009, 11:19 AM
I don't know why but I thought of Dub when I saw this pic.
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/LDub_bike.jpg

LittleBeast
08/19/2009, 11:50 AM

I think of JoFotoz because of the barbie on the front, haha..... ;)

Ldub
08/19/2009, 11:58 AM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/LDub_bike.jpg

I'm thinkin' that's more Bart than me...notice the gasmask, speargun, etc...:cool:

VERY Mad Maxish...:thumbup:

Upon further perusal, I see his own version of of the ORW on the front fender...:laughing:

tom4bren
08/19/2009, 12:43 PM
"I'm thinkin' that's more Bart than me..."

DANG - yer right. I was WAAAAY off!!!

tom4bren
08/25/2009, 05:23 AM
Dub - I think you said that Tuesdays are your Fridays. So happy Friday - have a nice weekend.

Ldub
08/25/2009, 05:47 AM
Dub - I think you said that Tuesdays are your Fridays. So happy Friday - have a nice weekend.

:thanx: Brother Tom, awfully kind of you to remember.

Heading over to Mom's house this morning to continue the basement remodel...:smack:
TLMP is gonna clean the upstairs carpets while I'm doing that...(whatta woman!..:yes:)

Tomorrow is supposed to be nice, so who knows...:_confused
Maybe some VX :_wrench:ing, maybe just sit in the shade with a cocktail or two...:naughty:...:_beer:

I L:heart:VE weekends, I don't care what day they're on...:dance:

Scott Harness
08/25/2009, 05:53 AM

Heading over to Mom's house this morning to continue the basement remodel...:smack:
TLMP is gonna clean the upstairs carpets while I'm doing that...(whatta woman!..:yes:)

Maybe some VX :_wrench:ing, maybe just sit in the shade with a cocktail or two...:naughty:...:_beer:

I wish you lived closer I'd join you! Maybe not in the basement,but in the shade for sure;)

Ldub
08/25/2009, 07:00 AM
I wish you lived closer I'd join you! Maybe not in the basement,but in the shade for sure;)

Me TOO!!!...:thumbup:

That'd be SWEET!:dance:..:dan_ban:..:dance:

tom4bren
08/25/2009, 07:23 AM
Yup. Gotta love the weekends. This one will kinda suck tho. I'll prolly spend the whole thing chasin 'lectrical gremlins in the 300GT to try & get it running well enough to sell.

I'm pretty sure it's the MFI relay but it could also be the PCU. Don't think it's the coil pack but who knows. It'd be nice if it ended up just being a broken ground wire.

tom4bren
08/28/2009, 10:09 AM
LBUD,

I'm headed out for the weekend. Make sure the kids play nice in the sandbox whilst I'm gone. :)

Hope everyone has a great/safe weekend. Talk to y'all on Monday.

Tom

Ldub
08/28/2009, 10:11 AM
LBUD,

I'm headed out for the weekend. Make sure the kids play nice in the sandbox whilst I'm gone. :)

Hope everyone has a great/safe weekend. Talk to y'all on Monday.

Tom

Have a safe & enjoyable weekend Bud...:thumbup:

pbkid
08/28/2009, 11:08 AM
WOOO HOOOOO he's gone!!!!! PAAAAARRRRRRTTTTTTYYYYYY!!!!!!
:_beer:

tom4bren
08/28/2009, 01:05 PM
I'm BAAAAAAAACK!!!!

Peanut Butter Kid is BUSTED. He's gotta sit at the front of the class for the rest of the day. I'll turn my back tho if Y'all wanna hit him with all the virtual spitballs you want.

pbkid
08/28/2009, 02:01 PM
oh crap.... RUN!!!!

ooooorrrrrrr..................give the teach a beer!!! :_beer:

tom4bren
09/29/2009, 01:22 PM

Dub

Watcha got planned for this un?

ZEUS
09/29/2009, 01:32 PM
I have a hunch...

handeeman
09/29/2009, 01:37 PM
I have a hunch...

I have no reply to that.

Ldub
09/29/2009, 01:43 PM
Dub

Watcha got planned for this un?

Been doing some wrenchin on the VX, little bit here, little bit there, mostly cleaning & waxing (Miss Pat helped me shine up the Centerlines...:thumbup:)
Cleaned about a bushel of "sacRED soil" (Moab dust) out of the interior, & detailed the whole works with "303".
I've only got one day off of my normal weekend, but then, Fri AM, when I get off work, TLMP & I head N E up the road, meet up with Big Jim in Detroit Lakes. Then head towards Gilbert MN, where we'll be wheelin' with Kenny, Big Swede, Orion, some of the gang from MWIOR, & probably a few folks that I just forgot to mention...:mbrasd:

I have a hunch...

I think you can get that fixed...:rotate:...:laughing:...:flower:

tom4bren
09/29/2009, 01:44 PM
I have a hunch...

Searching for the 'earth boob'???

Ldub
09/29/2009, 01:46 PM
Searching for the 'earth boob'???

Jak & Cok out da nose...:laughing:...:laughing:...:laughing:

tom4bren
09/29/2009, 01:46 PM
Been doing some wrenchin on the VX, little bit here, little bit there, mostly cleaning & waxing (Miss Pat helped me shine up the Centerlines...:thumbup:)
Cleaned about a bushel of "sacRED soil" (Moab dust) out of the interior, & detailed the whole works with "303".
I've only got one day off of my normal weekend, but then, Fri AM, when I get off work, TLMP & I head N E up the road, meet up with Big Jim in Detroit Lakes. Then head towards Gilbert MN, where we'll be wheelin' with Kenny, Big Swede, Orion, some of the gang from MWIOR, & probably a few folks that I just forgot to mention...:mbrasd:

Dang, that sounds like fun.

We're heading to Gettysburg, PA to do some camping/site seeing.

Ldub
09/29/2009, 02:00 PM
Dang, that sounds like fun.

We're heading to Gettysburg, PA to do some camping/site seeing.

Excellent...:thumbup:

Have a good trip!

Hey...way-da-minnit...:_thinking

Are you sure you're Tom? Whoever you are, you're using the quote function, & that's VERY un Tom...:laughing:

Triathlete
09/29/2009, 02:25 PM

You can fly down here for some sunshine and do your magic on my VX! Still hasn't been washed since before Moab...although, I have thought about doing it a few times (does that count?).:bwgy:

Ldub
09/29/2009, 02:31 PM
You can fly down here for some sunshine and do your magic on my VX! Still hasn't been washed since before Moab...although, I have thought about doing it a few times (does that count?).:bwgy:

I would, but my arms would get awfully tired...:rolleyesg

I do believe thinking about it counts, especially if you live in a desert...:yes:

IIRC, this is the first really good wash/wax/detail interior/polish wheels/whole shebang including a clean engine, since Moab...It's been kind of a lazy summer round these here parts...:yesgray:...:sleepgray

ZEUS
09/29/2009, 03:34 PM
Searching for the 'earth boob'???ROFL, you got me, I'm always searching...
We should be more PC tho, "planetoid mammaries" is less offensive.

tom4bren
09/29/2009, 05:04 PM
"Are you sure you're Tom? Whoever you are, you're using the quote function, & that's VERY un Tom"

I like to mix it up ... keeps 'em guessin.