PDA

View Full Version : Use of spare place of spare tire...

uncle_asa
08/09/2009, 12:51 PM
I got my full size spare on the roof and thought to use spare tire space for something useful. And since I'm going to the trip to mountains I bought Quechua tent (http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/2-seconds-xl-ii-35307020/) which is ideally fit into the space like it was especially designed for my VX (even the color looks very similar :)).

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/P8080011-min.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/15557)

Grif
08/09/2009, 06:23 PM
I have a 12in subwoofer installed in mine. Sounds incredible. It makes for approx a 1.2cubic ft enclosure with dynamat, sealed acoustic suspension enclosure (no boomy ghetto sound, just tight acoustic bass) With the proper sub brings my f3 down to just under 20hz. Image Dynamics ID12 sub was made for such a sealed design.

The rest of the audio setup is beyond the scope of this thread, just letting you know what I did with my spare space.

I like the tent idea too! Looks good.

Moncha
08/09/2009, 08:01 PM
I love the tent! I looked up the others in that brand line and they are cool! Too bad no distributors in the US...

uncle_asa
08/09/2009, 08:51 PM
I love the tent! I looked up the others in that brand line and they are cool! Too bad no distributors in the US...
They are available at eBay, but you can't touch it before buy...

TheGanzman
08/09/2009, 08:52 PM
I keep tools, a tire inflation compressor, and a thorough tire repair kit in mine, as well as bungees, a knee pad, and a large blanket that I can use to wrap items when hauling, or to lay on if/when I break down. In 36 years of driving, I've had ONE flat tire (a recap). Between those items and AAA, I'm not too worried about a flat; also, I buy REALLY good, name brand tires...

tom4bren
08/10/2009, 06:00 AM
In the location for the spare, I carry a tool bag, a roll of paper towels, a blanket, a jacket, a flashlight, a cupla short 2x4s, a bottle of Mother's back to black ... but the most important thing is a can of silicon spray for the window tracks.

Ldub
08/10/2009, 06:36 AM
I keep tools, a tire inflation compressor, and a thorough tire repair kit in mine, as well as bungees, a knee pad, and a large blanket that I can use to wrap items when hauling, or to lay on if/when I break down.

In the location for the spare, I carry a tool bag, a roll of paper towels, a blanket, a jacket, a flashlight, a cupla short 2x4s, ... but the most important thing is a can of silicon spray for the window tracks.

Pretty much the same...with the addn of spare upper & lower radiator hoses, serp belt & S/C belt, & most important of all...TP.

No, not toof paste.

tom4bren
08/10/2009, 06:52 AM
Rumor has it that there is also plans in motion for a 12V Chocolate Monkie blender for Moab 2010 with flip down mini bar ... all cleverly concealed in the OEM spare location.

Ldub
08/10/2009, 06:55 AM
Rumor has it that there is also plans in motion for a 12V Chocolate Monkie blender in works for Moab 2010 with flip down mini bar ... all cleverly concealed in the OEM spare location.

Bad intel...gas powered...chain saw engine...Dub out...:cool:

tom4bren
08/10/2009, 06:58 AM
We mere mortals stand humbled by the mere glow of your greatness.:cool!:

Ldub
08/10/2009, 07:00 AM
We mere mortals stand humbled by the mere glow of your greatness.:cool!:

Yeah...right...:rolleyesg

I'm right up there with red green...:laughing:

handeeman
08/10/2009, 07:28 AM
Rumor has it that there is also plans in motion for a 12V Chocolate Monkie blender in works for Moab 2010 with flip down mini bar ... all cleverly concealed in the OEM spare location.

Bad intel...gas powered...chain saw engine...Dub out...:cool:
Man I gotta make it to Moab, my question is: do they allow camping on the trails ? Depending on where Dub breaks out the "2010 Moab Moonkee blender", I figure they'll be no further driving from that point. Let's see, Moonkie party at "Fins and Things","Poison Spyder" or moonkies and "Potato Salad". I think I'll install the tent in the spare tire holder just in case.

tom4bren
08/10/2009, 07:29 AM
"& most important of all...TP"

I keep mine on the radio antenna.

nfpgasmask
08/10/2009, 08:43 AM
Very nice! Awesome it is orange as well!

Bart

Ldub
08/10/2009, 08:45 AM
Man I gotta make it to Moab, my question is: do they allow camping on the trails ? Depending on where Dub breaks out the "2010 Moab Moonkee blender", I figure they'll be no further driving from that point. Let's see, Moonkie party at "Fins and Things","Poison Spyder" or moonkies and "Potato Salad". I think I'll install the tent in the spare tire holder just in case.

Always gotta wait till we get back to the "Rock"...where the hooch & the fridge is...:_beer:

Jolly Roger VX'er
08/10/2009, 11:31 AM
WOW....nicely done! It's amazing how everybody puts their mental caps on to utilize every scrap of available space! That tent looks like it was O.E.M. (original equipment manuf.)!