PDA

View Full Version : Installing Mirror Covers

vt_maverick
08/08/2009, 07:48 AM
Looking for some help from those that have/had mirror covers. Just got the CF set in the mail from amack (thanks dude!) and I'm trying to figure out the best way to attach them to the mirror. Obviously double-stick foam tape seems like the best option, but where would be the best place to put the strips? I would think along the facing-front side of the mirror rather than the outer edges to prevent them from being visible, but maybe that wouldn't be a strong enough bond? Also concerned about water pooling between the cover and the mirror when it rains or when I wash it...

Rickshaw, JohnnyApollo, others? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

handeeman
08/08/2009, 07:57 AM
I think you ought to let Ldod worry with how to attach them. While you're putting on your new bra. Dub will probably use rivets, but that would be his problem. Sorry had to say that. lol OOps guess ya don't need two bras.

Ldub
08/08/2009, 10:09 AM
Looking for some help from those that have/had mirror covers. Just got the CF set in the mail from amack (thanks dude!) and I'm trying to figure out the best way to attach them to the mirror. Obviously double-stick foam tape seems like the best option, but where would be the best place to put the strips? I would think along the facing-front side of the mirror rather than the outer edges to prevent them from being visible, but maybe that wouldn't be a strong enough bond? Also concerned about water pooling between the cover and the mirror when it rains or when I wash it...

Rickshaw, JohnnyApollo, others? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

I'm thinking that 5-6 squares, or an upper & lower strip of the H-D double stick across the front of the mirror should do the trick.

I think you ought to let Ldod worry with how to attach them. While you're putting on your new bra. Dub will probably use rivets, but that would be his problem. Sorry had to say that. lol OOps guess ya don't need two bras.

But Handee is right, I'd use stainless steel security head screws...with rubber washers...:naughty:...:_wrench:

rowhard
08/08/2009, 01:03 PM
Also concerned about water pooling between the cover and the mirror when it rains or when I wash it...Thanks in advance!

Was wondering who I was bidding against:mady2:

Know really, glad they went to a good home and stayed in the family. As far as water, well it is plastic so no worries there and when I wash my stuff, I always have the air hose handy, or at least a can of air to blow out the water from the lug nuts and other water traps, I HATE water drips on a freshly washed and polished vehicle

vt_maverick
08/08/2009, 04:31 PM
Was wondering who I was bidding against:mady2:

I always wonder who I'm up against on eBay too. With such a tight-knit owner community, you just have to know you're competing against SOMEBODY on the site. (HINT: If you see something cool on eBay that I DON'T post in my Internet Parts thread, that might be a good indicator that I'm trying not to advertise :smilewink)

Hopefully I can make it up to you by buying a set of the skid plates sometime soon (thinking X-mas). What's the status on those? I know you can make the front plate, but are you in production on the rear one (with mod for Tone's hitch)?

rowhard
08/08/2009, 05:46 PM
I always wonder who I'm up against on eBay too. With such a tight-knit owner community, you just have to know you're competing against SOMEBODY on the site. (HINT: If you see something cool on eBay that I DON'T post in my Internet Parts thread, that might be a good indicator that I'm trying not to advertise :smilewink)

Hopefully I can make it up to you by buying a set of the skid plates sometime soon (thinking X-mas). What's the status on those? I know you can make the front plate, but are you in production on the rear one (with mod for Tone's hitch)?

Just the fronts right now.

Satch
11/20/2009, 05:12 PM
I would like to find a set. where can i go to get them. thanks. Satch

rowhard
11/22/2009, 12:15 PM
I would like to find a set. where can i go to get them. thanks. Satch
when you find where they are, see if them have about a 100 sets

don moore
11/22/2009, 01:24 PM
i think they look bad on a vx ..I think you should send them to me so i can get rid of them for you ...heheh