PDA

View Full Version : It's all good at 200,000 miles

deermagnet
08/05/2009, 08:20 PM
edit

Moncha
08/05/2009, 08:29 PM
Mark, Great write-up! Great to have someone else that has a mindset like mine... VX lifer!

tworavens
08/05/2009, 08:30 PM
Excellent post! You give me something to strive for! I'm at 75000 mi and the engine, tranny still run like a top. Only problems I've ever had have been the windows, hood insert, and my left headlight which I have to smack to make it turn on.:mad:

tomdietrying
08/05/2009, 08:34 PM
I love this write up! Congratulations on maintaining your baby.

Here's to another 200,000 + miles!

Peace.
Tom

TheGanzman
08/05/2009, 08:52 PM
One of THE best posts I've EVER read on this Forum! With all the "bad news" one can read here, the average person could become downright paranoid about owning a Vehicross! We need more "good news" threads like this one...

Allow me to share alittle of my own "good news" on MY VX - at 61K miles, mine has never thrown a Check Engine light or an ABS light, original brake pads are at 50%, I JUST replaced the original battery, and ALL underhood/underside componentry is original. It's never used a DROP of oil, either! I JUST repaired the driver's window - all it needed was a simple adjustment. Underside is dry as a popcorn fart.

There ARE some good ones out there, guys and gals! I'm in total smite with mine; thankfully, it was taken care of and garaged by the original owner, who drove it mainly on the highway. I'm looking forward to many years of "second ownership"; here in Orange County, I get more looks than the Ferrari drivers!:bgwb:

pbkid
08/05/2009, 09:06 PM
that is an AMAZING thread.... :thumbup: to you good sir, you give us all hope!

although, i have to admit, that this is the most amazing part to me ------>

The windows have always worked perfect.

Triathlete
08/05/2009, 09:38 PM
I have less than 30,000 miles till I catch you. I just wish my maintainence record/schedule was half as good as yours. But she still purrs like a kitten and uses less than 1/2 a quart between changes.
Congrats on the milestone!

JoFotoz
08/05/2009, 09:44 PM
OH BOY....

:_beer:

:jump:

:LineWave:

:clap:

:_steering

:thumbup:

....JUST THE PERFECT WRITE UP :p

You are the FOUNDER....THE CEO..and THE CHAIRMAN...

.....of the 200K CLUB!!

Just amazing...as a one owner.

Youre a sick dude!!!:eek:

jo

VXorado
08/06/2009, 05:17 AM
Wow, nice job keeping all the records. Really shows how good maintenance will keep a VX running strong :dance:

Keep us updated on 300K...should be a piece of cake

VX crazy
08/06/2009, 05:43 AM
Thanks for posting this! It gives me hope! My original VX I knew I could have put endless miles on her because I WAS the original owner, it ran better at 110k than the one I have now runs with 77k. At least I have a ton of spare parts! LOL:p

LittleBeast
08/06/2009, 08:17 AM
I'm still runnin' my original...
windshield which is a little beat up
Mark Griffin (a VX lifer) http://www.wtv-zone.com/markg/mags/mags2/drive.gif

This my friend is CRAZY. I am at 120,000 and I am on my 4th windshield and I need a new one asap..... :( Good for you though!!!!!

nfpgasmask
08/06/2009, 08:29 AM
This thread is pure awesome. Congrats!

And here I am trying to keep my VX below 100k. :D

Bart

circmand
08/06/2009, 02:13 PM
only at 60,000 miles but have had my VX in
Vermont
Pennsylvania
West Virginia
Virginia
Washington DC
Tennessee
Arkansas
Texas
Oklahoma
New Mexico
Arizona
Nevada
California
New York
New Jersey
Massachusetts
New Hampshire
Vermont
Connecticut
Ohio

tom4bren
08/06/2009, 02:25 PM
Grats.

U Da Man.

Ldub
08/07/2009, 02:50 AM
Mark, Great write-up! Great to have someone else that has a mindset like mine... VX lifer!

I love this write up! Congratulations on maintaining your baby.

Here's to another 200,000 + miles!

Peace.
Tom

And here I am trying to keep my VX below 100k. :D

Bart

Grats.

U Da Man.

INDEED!...:thumbup:

tom4bren
08/07/2009, 05:00 AM
BTW deermagnet - I can relate. We have 1/4 mil showin on the 93 TLC. The only thing ever replaced was 1 brake rotor & the AC clutch (& assundries with regular maintenance: plugs, wires, belts, ...). There's plenty on it that don't work tho: 'lectric windows (3 out of 4 broke), reverse lights (tranny 'puter don't talk to the engine 'puter anymore - temporary fix for the past 5 years is wiring the reverse lights to the rear window defogger - don't laugh, it gets me thru inspection every year), trip odo, ...

Still reliable transportation & it'll go ANYWHERE!!!

PittVXr
08/07/2009, 07:05 AM

x2! :_beer:

lasturbo
08/07/2009, 07:58 PM
That is awesome and says a lot about general maintenance. Well done and congrats on the 200k club. I still have 60k to catch up to you!!!
:dance: :group:

VCrossfan
08/07/2009, 08:10 PM
GREAT STATS...I've got about 40k then I'm there with ya, But I'm not the original owner, But a proud one since 2003

blacksambo
08/08/2009, 08:27 PM
Sounds like a match made in heaven. Sorry for the oil loss. Have you tried the PV 1061 by Purolater? If not give it a shot. Also, change the oil filler cap gasket, together these changes can make a significant difference. Happy motoring!

Anita
08/09/2009, 04:39 PM
I have kept every receipt for every oil change, maintenance, repair etc.. Now to compile them and create a list of my own! :work:

Marlin
08/10/2009, 04:56 AM
WOW, that is all I can say....WOW!!!! I don't think I will make it to 200K, at 4K a year, I doubt my VX will be in one piece in 20yrs. Especially with the way I drive it;) I am meticulous about the maintenance, and I am the 2.5th owner, carfax shows one original owner, and then it was temped for 6 months, I assume it was the dealer, but not sure. It was pristine when I got it, but I do not think it saw anything offroad beyond a driveway or the beach.
Being in the military and working in a nuclear power plant, I completely understand that routine maintenance makes all the difference, but sometimes, it doesn't matter and stuff will break. Good luck, I will be excited when I hit 150K, about 7 years from now:bgwb: