PDA

View Full Version : What is it with Kane Creek & Abandonment?

ZEUS
08/04/2009, 04:24 PM
Kane Creek Recovery (http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/showthread.php?t=67509&referrerid=8100)

Marlin
08/04/2009, 05:19 PM
Kane Creek Recovery (http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/showthread.php?t=67509&referrerid=8100)

Makes me think of that pretty green Jeep that was out there when we were there, not really abandoned, but we should have acquired the hood ornament and takin it with us for some photo ops and then mailed it back to him...:) Show what the trails looked like in a functional vehicle.

pbkid
08/04/2009, 06:56 PM
looks like the same place the jeep was abandoned too...

us kane creek guys were seriously talking about taking a hood ornament then doing a 'journey of' made of pictures with the ornament....then get moncha to look up the address of the jeep owner, and ship him the ornament and pictures :naughty:

ZEUS
08/05/2009, 06:56 AM
Well I remember I wasn't talking about it because that is a stupid idea. What the Hell is wrong with people? ...a bit angry this morning since someone stole my tool box (full of at least $500 in tools) out of my garage... think they'll mail 'em back? :madb:

Marlin
08/05/2009, 07:05 AM
Well I remember I wasn't talking about it because that is a stupid idea. What the Hell is wrong with people? ...a bit angry this morning since someone stole my tool box (full of at least $500 in tools) out of my garage... think they'll mail 'em back? :madb:

Well, not sure how that is a stupid idea, but relax your bunched under britches, we didn't do it. But someone stealing your tools, that sucks, I assume they broke your garage door while prying it open as well? That just adds to the PITA, loss of tools, and broken garage door and lock.

ZEUS
08/05/2009, 07:54 AM
"not sure how that is a stupid idea... we didn't do it." So stupid is as stupid does then...? Angry today, or not, I still would have said that was a stupid idea. Keep wheeling and one day you will break something or somehow be stuck on the trail. You will hate to leave your ride to it's fate knowing what could happen. When a JEEP returns to get your rig out :bgwb: and you notice someone screwed with your ride... you'll understand... and no I'm not talking about "the Jeep thing"... the Jeep thing is what you are doing to your VX. :p

Actually no damage... I'm guessing "they" waited for me to take the lawn mower to the front yard since my garage is in the back and then walked right in while I was mowing and carried out 80lbs of toolbox! The perfect crime.

nfpgasmask
08/05/2009, 09:03 AM
the Jeep thing is what you are doing to your VX. :p

OH, SNAP!

:laughing:

Bart

Marlin
08/05/2009, 10:38 AM
Actually no damage... I'm guessing "they" waited for me to take the lawn mower to the front yard since my garage is in the back and then walked right in while I was mowing and carried out 80lbs of toolbox! The perfect crime.

I am glad that your garage wasn't damaged, now I am forced to ask, are you sure you didn't misplace the tools and the box? :bgwb: And Dam n, what kind of neighborhood do you live in where someone steals your stuff while you are right there?

It wasn't a stupid idea, it was a childish idea, those are two different things:)

Anyway, if someone stole my hood ornament, which is a non-functional non important item, without breaking anything, made a clever project out of it, and then mailed it back, I would not be mad. For a little while I would be mad, unless they left a note about getting it back soon...but that Jeep ornament was so gigantic that it was just asking for it;)

As for doing the Jeep thing to my VX, not sure where that came from, it isn't a convertible, it has doors, it isn't a dime a dozen, it is not a box on wheels, and............................ Drum roll please .............................................

BARBIE DOESN'T DRIVE A VX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess my neighbor's Dodge is a jeep thing too, since it is lifted and has AT tires on it? Damn, I guess that makes those ignorant *** caprices and crown vics on 26s that sit higher off the ground than my VX jeeps too.

nfpgasmask
08/05/2009, 10:42 AM
it isn't a dime a dozen

Correct, and I think that is where the "Jeep Thing" comment came from. It's not a dime a dozen, so why are you "defacing it" in such a way??? :wtfy:

I mean, to each his own, but man...

Bart

Marlin
08/05/2009, 11:00 AM
Correct, and I think that is where the "Jeep Thing" comment came from. It's not a dime a dozen, so why are you "defacing it" in such a way??? :wtfy:

I mean, to each his own, but man...

Bart

Gotcha, almost all of my mods are functional, things to improve the performance of the VX. So if that is jeeping it out, Sliders, tires, functional front end, skid plates, safari rack(not a jeep thing) ,then label me a Jeeper.

And that means those with S/C or turbos are ricers....

Scott Harness
08/05/2009, 11:04 AM
Gotcha, almost all of my mods are functional, things to improve the performance of the VX. So if that is jeeping it out, Sliders, tires, functional front end, skid plates, safari rack(not a jeep thing) ,then label me a Jeeper.

Eeewww gross a JEEPER!:bgwb: j/k

nfpgasmask
08/05/2009, 11:10 AM

:laughing: I'm not labeling anyone anything, in fact I hate labels on anything/anyone, I was just making a guess as to where that came from.

Personally, I think all those things are fine, and I will hold my comments until you are done, but in my opinion, the body and style of the VehiCROSS is what makes it look so damn cool and sets it apart from everything else, so I am a bit off-put by your massive front end mutilation...er...um...I mean modification. :_wtf:

:p Bart

Marlin
08/05/2009, 11:12 AM
Eeewww gross a JEEPER!:bgwb: j/k

:bgwb:

ZEUS
08/05/2009, 02:17 PM
HAHA! You have no idea how many times I go to where I always kept my tool box hoping it will magically reappear! ...still hasn't happened. Yeah, I have a name for my neighborhood but would rather not hurt any feelings here (odd huh) - it is an up and down g-hetto tho fo sho! Getting worse it seems - I talked to a neighbor who's rocks were stolen in the night... that's right... someone stole his decorative rocks! :confused:

Maybe you are right, it was a childish idea, that had it turned to an act, would have then been stupid! Trust me, I would not be laughing if someone stole something off any of my rides and then mailed it to me. I would think, "Wow, that was stupid." then I would be happy I got my part back. Now if I saw it in pictures with a bunch of VX's, I know I would have an appropriate place to return it to... somewhere the sun don't shine. I would also have a stong distaste for every VX and VX owner and just might f up the 1st one I saw. He was probably a truck driver - don't Mack trucks have big dog ornaments? That Jeep was decked out like it belonged to a truck driver.

And... as for the Jeep thing... you put an exposed spare tire vertically on the back (Jeepish). Then took off, arguably the most unique and identifiable VX body part there is, to slap on a typical, flat, square, Jeep-like bumper! That's all.. oh plus it says Jeep on the rear window. The Barbie reference... yawn... if Barbie had heard of a VehiCROSS she would have had one of those too! And her Jeep was a merely gift from Ken who wanted to get some - hence the pink color. :)

So OK....... in summary.......... drum roll please........... :p you have, of all things, the mail delivery Jeep version of a VX! Complete with the rarity status (that's right, when was the last time you saw a delivery Jeep driving around?), a non-removable roof, unique grill, full doors, gate mounted external spare, and square bumper... although I have only seen one other mail delivery Jeep in yellow - yours does look better! :bgwo:

As for a Crunk Caprice being a Jeep - now you're just being silly. ;)

I am glad that your garage wasn't damaged, now I am forced to ask, are you sure you didn't misplace the tools and the box? :bgwb: And Dam n, what kind of neighborhood do you live in where someone steals your stuff while you are right there?

It wasn't a stupid idea, it was a childish idea, those are two different things:)

Anyway, if someone stole my hood ornament, which is a non-functional non important item, without breaking anything, made a clever project out of it, and then mailed it back, I would not be mad. For a little while I would be mad, unless they left a note about getting it back soon...but that Jeep ornament was so gigantic that it was just asking for it;)

As for doing the Jeep thing to my VX, not sure where that came from, it isn't a convertible, it has doors, it isn't a dime a dozen, it is not a box on wheels, and............................ Drum roll please .............................................

BARBIE DOESN'T DRIVE A VX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess my neighbor's Dodge is a jeep thing too, since it is lifted and has AT tires on it? Damn, I guess that makes those ignorant *** caprices and crown vics on 26s that sit higher off the ground than my VX jeeps too.

Triathlete
08/05/2009, 02:41 PM
It sucks hugely that your tools got stolen. When I was a tad bit younger and still living at home I had the stereo stolen out of my Mustang, that was parked in my carport, while I was sleeping (luckily the insurance co. was quite generous). Funny part was, while the deputy was taking the report, the guy that lived across the street comes over and asked if I got broken into. When I told him that I had he said that his storage room had been broken into also and that they had stolen his tools (he was a mechanic and all his tools were Snap-On...big$$$$). Deputy looks in the back seat of my 'stang and there are his tools. The deuchebags had stole his tools so that they could break into my car. They left his tools in my car and got away with my stereo...the tools were worth way more than my stereo!:noy::rolly:

circmand
08/05/2009, 02:58 PM
:bgwb:

http://www.myjeepers.com/

Marlin
08/05/2009, 03:31 PM
Maybe you are right, it was a childish idea, that had it turned to an act, would have then been stupid! Trust me, I would not be laughing if someone stole something off any of my rides and then mailed it to me. I would think, "Wow, that was stupid." then I would be happy I got my part back. Now if I saw it in pictures with a bunch of VX's, I know I would have an appropriate place to return it to... somewhere the sun don't shine. I would also have a stong distaste for every VX and VX owner and just might f up the 1st one I saw. He was probably a truck driver - don't Mack trucks have big dog ornaments? That Jeep was decked out like it belonged to a truck driver.

You work in an office don't you? You guys do do pranks on each other and appreciate the level of craftsmanship in a well played prank? If I remember correctly, the Jeep had a fuel system problem, and then the guy locked his keys in it,(it had a hard top) that is why that rock buggy was taking him back to the trail, he had to get another key...LOL.
I get what you are saying about my VX, but it is a unique amongst uniques, and as previously stated, almost all of my mods are functional, except stereo. Everything else serves a real, no kidding purpose, and most importantly, I love it!!!!

As for your tools, did you check your neighbors car? (good story Billy, it is what happens when morons steal stuff)

ZEUS
08/05/2009, 04:16 PM
It sucks hugely that your tools got stolen. When I was a tad bit younger and still living at home I had the stereo stolen out of my Mustang, that was parked in my carport, while I was sleeping (luckily the insurance co. was quite generous). Funny part was, while the deputy was taking the report, the guy that lived across the street comes over and asked if I got broken into. When I told him that I had he said that his storage room had been broken into also and that they had stolen his tools (he was a mechanic and all his tools were Snap-On...big$$$$). Deputy looks in the back seat of my 'stang and there are his tools. The deuchebags had stole his tools so that they could break into my car. They left his tools in my car and got away with my stereo...the tools were worth way more than my stereo!:noy::rolly:That IS weird. All my tools were Craftsman - although not Snap-On, still pricey - but most important, they were mine... it took years to collect all those tools and I worked for them! At least I know what I need... too bad I can't afford to get any! (Sounds like a guy at the strip club.)

I can tell you tho, there are a lot of loaded guns in my neighborhood right now, cuz I have been going door to door, making friends, and learning about the f's in my neighborhood... it would be nice if I could set up a legit neighborhood watch program... cuz right now, there is trained martial artist/construction worker/bi-polar crazy guy, a retired veteran alcoholic who is always packing, another alcoholic who tagged his own garage with these words "KEEP OUT I AM WATCHING AND I WILL SHOOT YOU", me, a bunch of people who can't speak like an American, and a few people who have nothing to lose except for what they steal... yeah, I fit in... as a freakin target! If I was married I wouldn't have to live in Hell.... ok, it would be a different Hell with only one devil!

Triathlete
08/05/2009, 04:20 PM
Home owners/renters insurance?

ZEUS
08/05/2009, 04:29 PM
:dan_ban:
You work in an office don't you? Yessir, I do.

You guys do do pranks on each other and appreciate the level of craftsmanship in a well played prank? Not allowed, I tried once but got in trouble for it - turns out it was a stupid idea. :)

If I remember correctly, the Jeep had a fuel system problem, and then the guy locked his keys in it,(it had a hard top) that is why that rock buggy was taking him back to the trail, he had to get another key...LOL. Nope, you are off here - different trail perhaps? I know how often you encounter broke down Jeeps. :p This Jeep was bikini top and half doors, wide console with B&M shifter, speakers in several places, and lots of shine... like I said, totally looked like a truck driver's Jeep. There was no evidence of a problem as far as we found, if I remember correctly. We were the only folks at the climb besides the RZR's going back down.

I get what you are saying about my VX, but it is a unique amongst uniques, and as previously stated, almost all of my mods are functional, except stereo. Everything else serves a real, no kidding purpose, and most importantly, I love it!!!! You are full-on right there, there is no other Proton like yours! I am glad your VX works for you... except, of course, for the parts that need to resemble a Jeep! :bwgy:

As for your tools, did you check your neighbors car? (good story Billy, it is what happens when morons steal stuff) Man, I wanted to... well, actually yeah, I did check a couple.

ZEUS
08/05/2009, 04:34 PM
Home owners/renters insurance?Deductible is the amount of the tools, I think. I was going to check into it but haven't reported it to the cops yet. Last time, they didn't do anything, so I thought I would do their job for them this time. Another option I heard was to file the loss as a tax deduction. Don't know anything about that... anyone?

Triathlete
08/05/2009, 05:03 PM
Well then that doubley sucks. Don't know about the tax thing. I would think it would have to be business related...don't know for sure though. Can't wait to start making $$$ coaching so I can write off all my entry fees and equipment!
Maybe I should start doing "VX" tours (like the Moab hummers) then I could write off an SAS, bigger tires, some nice beadlocks, a cage...:bwgy:

pbkid
08/05/2009, 06:47 PM
wow... this the rip on marlin thread?? did i miss the memo??

almost all of my mods are functional, )
in my opinion the most important part... and completely true, the exterior mount spare is not functional, but your bumper....definately! which one of us DOESNT wanna protect their baby from damage??? all of us! your just keeping your baby safe

so I am a bit off-put by your massive front end mutilation...er...um...I mean modification.

:p Bart

bart... i would think you would be one of the last to speak regarding doing obscure things?? i've heard you talk about mounting a turret gun on your roof?!?!

it just seems like you are picking on him because he is trying something different on a shallow pocket (which one of us doesnt have one of those anymore?)
i think its amazing for someone to build something that far with NO previous metal working experience... surprised you guys are more positive about it..

Triathlete
08/05/2009, 07:15 PM
wow... this the rip on marlin thread?? did i miss the memo??

isnt it hard for you to rip on someone building a bumper for offroad use when you are talking about things like this??

Where did I rip on Marlin?:confused: I said NOTHING in my post or any other about his bumper! That post is in reference to Zeus and his ???? about writing off his tools on his taxes.

pbkid
08/05/2009, 08:41 PM
oh crap billy.. i meant to quote justin, not you... and isnt it funny for justin to 'dis' on someones style by saying that its jeep-esque?? dont you own a jeep justin?

ZEUS
08/06/2009, 09:43 AM
oh crap billy.. i meant to quote justin, not you... and isnt it funny for justin to 'dis' on someones style by saying that its jeep-esque?? dont you own a jeep justin?
Hell yeah, that's why it works!

Possible Analogy: I would never use the "N-word" when talking to a black person... Yet they can throw that word around like a frisbee if they want to!
Possible Analogy 2: Slapping Jeep-esque style on a VX is like dressing a Playmate in a burka! It has a purpose, but what a shame.

I'll clue you in a bit. Chris has always had all these comments about Jeep this and Jeep that, Jeep people this and Jeep people that - like Bart, but more so. ;) Although I told him I have a Jeep AND a VX AND an Army truck and think that whole little guy (non-Jeep) issue toward the big guy (Jeep) is retarded, he persisted. Likewise for a Jeeper to have issue with the rarer rigs... So for me, I see (kind of like a huge hood ornament I guess) someone who is "just asking for it". I happily oblige. Now, in defense of Chris, he has put up with it and taken it pretty well - so kudos to you, Chris, for taking what you can dish out! :thumbup: I find it quite fun now, although, still a bit retarded... I guess it just fits us, aye?

Besides, look at my sig; I am supposed to put lightning bolts down people's shorts! I think several people here have a healthy relationship of ribbing on each other and as tom4bren learned me, using smilies at every turn and beating a dead horse is the only way to live!
:_group2:

Marlin
08/06/2009, 01:36 PM
Hell yeah, that's why it works!

I'll clue you in a bit. Chris has always had all these comments about Jeep this and Jeep that, Jeep people this and Jeep people that - like Bart, but more so. ;) Although I told him I have a Jeep AND a VX AND an Army truck and think that whole little guy (non-Jeep) issue toward the big guy (Jeep) is retarded, he persisted. Likewise for a Jeeper to have issue with the rarer rigs... So for me, I see (kind of like a huge hood ornament I guess) someone who is "just asking for it". I happily oblige. Now, in defense of Chris, he has put up with it and taken it pretty well - so kudos to you, Chris, for taking what you can dish out! :thumbup: I find it quite fun now, although, still a bit retarded... I guess it just fits us, aye?

Thank you Justin, no one for a second think that this is anything serious. Most of my friends here at work drive Jeeps, kind of, they own them, but they are pavement pounders, one even told me he wouldn't go play with me cause its still under warranty? What better time to take it out when it can get fixed on their dime?!!! So I give them a hard time, and they return it by calling my VX a moon biggy...oooooooooo, hurts my feelings.

I just keep feeding the fire cause it's fun. Friendly banter is fine, so Jack, thank you for the defense, and I sincerely appreciate it. Justin, I gotcha, it is just good natured ribbing. Kind of the joke about the keys locked in the Jeep, I nearly pissed myself laughing when I wrote that. Silly Jeepers, can't even secure their own vehicle...like a house with no doors.

Ah, back to Kane Creek...

tom4bren
08/06/2009, 02:04 PM
"using smilies at every turn and beating a dead horse is the only way to live!"

Amen Bro. & use lotsa quotes.

I'm feelin left out tho - no one came to MY defense when you were droppin lightning bolts down my shorts.

I didn't rag on Marlin tho 'cause I live within striking distance (may even head down his way in a cupla months - break-in trip for the RV).

Moncha
08/06/2009, 02:08 PM
Naw, I like the http://ui31.gamespot.com/1214/deadhorsebeat_2.gif

Triathlete
08/06/2009, 02:27 PM

This post was about Kane Creek?:bwgy:

Marlin
08/06/2009, 02:32 PM

I'm feelin left out tho - no one came to MY defense when you were droppin lightning bolts down my shorts.

I didn't rag on Marlin tho 'cause I live within striking distance (may even head down his way in a cupla months - break-in trip for the RV).

Speaking of which, if you really want to go somewhere, there is an Isuzu meet at Uwharrie, NC, 22OCT-25OCT. The campground is sweet, the trails are as hard as you make them. A stock VX (tires only) can roll them without a problem, except the rock garden and Daniel, which have bypasses. There are 3 other VXs gonna be there as well. We are doing a costume run too;)

As for striking distance, no one is safe, I am like a cobra, and can spit into the eyes of my enemies....

nfpgasmask
08/06/2009, 02:33 PM
bart... i would think you would be one of the last to speak regarding doing obscure things?? i've heard you talk about mounting a turret gun on your roof?!?!

Yes, I talked about it...

it just seems like you are picking on him because he is trying something different on a shallow pocket (which one of us doesnt have one of those anymore?)
i think its amazing for someone to build something that far with NO previous metal working experience... surprised you guys are more positive about it..

Honestly, I don't care what anyone does to their VX, it's their ride and to each his own. And I certainly commend Marlin on taking on the task, and learning how to weld, etc. That's all good. No one has to like it but the person driving. BUT, I did express my opinion there. And as harsh as it may have sounded (sorry, Marlin), I just think attaching an angular metal box to the front of the VX in place of the cladding is going to deface the original beauty and design lines of the VehiCROSS WAY TOO MUCH for my liking. Functional or not, I don't care. If it doesn't flow, it doesn't go. We've had this discussion before somewhere, haven't we? You all should know by now I am form over function guy 100%. If the function is there also, then great, but if it's fugly to me, no thanks. It's just my opinion. I will sacrifice function to achieve form, but you will never see me sacrificing form to achieve function. Just look at my Trooper, the thing is a DOG on the highway, but I think it looks cool!

Mounting a turret on top is about the same as what I have now, a roof basket. It can come right off. And aside from the hideous tree rash, EVERY mod on my VX can be removed and if I wanted to go back to stock it would take me a weekend. The original design of the VX is what I love about it. The cladding is an extremely unique feature and chopping it to the point of no return just ain't for me.

And again, I am really going to reserve my final opinion of Marlin's ambitious project until it is done. If you haven't noticed, I have restrained from commenting on that thread, but somehow a premature opinion came out of me in this thread. Originally I was under the impression that the bumper was going to be hidden behind the cladding, but as I have seen in some recent posts in Marlin's thread, it just looks like a giant monstrosity sticking out from the front end, but again, I'll shut up until he is done. :)

And Marlin, please don't take offense. Just rock on, brutha! :D

Bart

nfpgasmask
08/06/2009, 02:43 PM
that whole little guy (non-Jeep) issue toward the big guy (Jeep) is retarded

It is retarded indeed. For me it's a couple things.

#1, there is a Jeep around every corner, and I just personally like to see other, rarer, more interesting vehicles. And I most CERTAINLY prefer to own something different.

#2, it IS the Jeep thing that annoys me. Not all Jeepers, but a good lot of them have an elitist opinion of their Jeeps. Even my good friend told me point blank that a STOCK Wrangler could do the Rubicon with NO PROBLEM and that my VX would have NO CHANCE IN HELL even in it's current configuration. Honestly, maybe so, but its that dickish attitude so many Jeepers have toward EVERY other 4x4 short of a full-on rock buggy that annoys me. I like Jeeps for what they are, but I just think the average Jeeper doesn't give enough credit to all the other vehicles out there. But then again, maybe they are just being dicks cause its the only way they actually can stand out amongst everyone else...

C'mon Tom, who in their right mind is gonna defend that monstrosity of a spare you have bolted to the tailgate of your VX? :wtfy: :p :rotate: :D :D :laughing:

Bart

ZEUS
08/06/2009, 02:47 PM
Thank you Justin, no one for a second think that this is anything serious. Most of my friends here at work drive Jeeps, kind of, they own them, but they are pavement pounders, one even told me he wouldn't go play with me cause its still under warranty? Yeah, that is pretty lame, nothing like spending $25,000+ on a vehicle designed for real use, and not using it. What better time to take it out when it can get fixed on their dime?!!! So I give them a hard time, and they return it by calling my VX a moon biggy...oooooooooo, hurts my feelings.

I just keep feeding the fire cause it's fun. Friendly banter is fine, so Jack, thank you for the defense, and I sincerely appreciate it. Justin, I gotcha, it is just good natured ribbing. Kind of the joke about the keys locked in the Jeep, I nearly pissed myself laughing when I wrote that. Silly Jeepers, can't even secure their own vehicle...like a house with no doors. Maybe like a garage with the door open? BTW, Jo was the one who locked his keys in his VX tho! :p (2008)

I'm feelin left out tho - no one came to MY defense when you were droppin lightning bolts down my shorts.They knew you deserved it, ya Vulcan jerk! :yesgray:

Naw, I like the http://ui31.gamespot.com/1214/deadhorsebeat_2.gifHaha, that would be so much funnier if every time it got hit, poop came out! Tom, that one is all you...

pbkid
08/06/2009, 04:25 PM
lol its all good with my fam...

i think i was in a bad mood the last time i posted, i was thinking about it...and everything i said was negative or semi-insulting (sorry to the guy who wants to trade a dropped bike for a VX..i was in a bad mood)

apologies to my chosen family... you guys are the best

Ldub
08/07/2009, 02:58 AM
As for striking distance, no one is safe, I am like a cobra, and can spit into the eyes of my enemies....

Now THAT is some handy information right there...:thanx:

tom4bren
08/07/2009, 04:46 AM
"If it doesn't flow, it doesn't go. We've had this discussion before somewhere, haven't we?"

Yup, it was about me & Marlin having full size spares mounted on our tailgates.

"if you really want to go somewhere, there is an Isuzu meet at Uwharrie, NC, 22OCT-25OCT."

Bad timing. Wifey works at a mortgage company & usually works weekends at the end of the month. Ever notice that ALL of the holidays (except 4 Jul) are at the end of the month - it sux.

"C'mon Tom, who in their right mind is gonna defend that monstrosity of a spare you have bolted to the tailgate of your VX?"

Aren't you being Oxy-Moronic with this statement?

"Honestly, I don't care what anyone does to their VX, it's their ride and to each his own."

"Haha, that would be so much funnier if every time it got hit, poop came out! Tom, that one is all you..."

Naw - I learnt right away that I'm not allowed to use that quote 'round here. Some Peeps took offense. I kinda like the concept that you can rip someone a new one 'round here as long as you throw in a few smileys - I'll stick with my current quote. BTW Boss Man - good find on the smiley - looks like ya got one for EVERY occasion.

"They knew you deserved it, ya Vulcan jerk!"

See - the smiley makes it all OK. Ya goonie stompin jeeper with delusions of grandeur:):):)

Ldub
08/07/2009, 05:06 AM
"If it doesn't flow, it doesn't go. We've had this discussion before somewhere, haven't we?"

Yup, it was about me & Marlin having full size spares mounted on our tailgates.

"if you really want to go somewhere, there is an Isuzu meet at Uwharrie, NC, 22OCT-25OCT."

Bad timing. Wifey works at a mortgage company & usually works weekends at the end of the month. Ever notice that ALL of the holidays (except 4 Jul) are at the end of the month - it sux.

"C'mon Tom, who in their right mind is gonna defend that monstrosity of a spare you have bolted to the tailgate of your VX?"

Aren't you being Oxy-Moronic with this statement?

"Honestly, I don't care what anyone does to their VX, it's their ride and to each his own."

"Haha, that would be so much funnier if every time it got hit, poop came out! Tom, that one is all you..."

Naw - I learnt right away that I'm not allowed to use that quote 'round here. Some Peeps took offense. I kinda like the concept that you can rip someone a new one 'round here as long as you throw in a few smileys - I'll stick with my current quote. BTW Boss Man - good find on the smiley - looks like ya got one for EVERY occasion.

"They knew you deserved it, ya Vulcan jerk!"

See - the smiley makes it all OK. Ya goonie stompin jeeper with delusions of grandeur:):):)

Whoinnaheck are you quoting anyway???...:_confused

I'm SO confusioned...:disturbed

:laughing:...:smilewink...:laughing:

tom4bren
08/07/2009, 05:33 AM
Don't H8

Does it really matter who I'm quoting - they know who they are.

Ifn ya really wanna know tho, it was:

Bart
Marlin
Bart
Bart
Zeus
Zeus

Rekin I'll have to switch over to the mundane method of quoting just to keep the populace happy. I still like my way better tho.

Ldub
08/07/2009, 07:13 AM
Don't H8

Just cuz I don't care to go back & reread all the posts to figure out who's being quoted...that don't make me a H8TR, it just means I done got better things to do...:smilewink

tom4bren
08/07/2009, 07:22 AM
it just means I done got better things to do...:smilewink

Sounds like the chocolate monkey talkin:)

Ldub
08/07/2009, 07:28 AM
Sounds like the chocolate monkey talkin:)

Ummmmm...no, that sounds more like:

Woo-woo-woo...WHAAA-WHAAA-WHAAA

tom4bren
08/07/2009, 07:32 AM
True ... true

I was just showin off that I do in fact know how to quote proper like.

BTW, I also learnt how to post pix in threads recently (but I'll not boggle everyone's mind by showing off that talent at the same time).

Ldub
08/07/2009, 07:33 AM
True ... true

BTW, I also learnt how to post pix in threads recently (but I'll not boggle everyone's mind by showing off that talent at the same time).

:eek:

tom4bren
08/07/2009, 07:47 AM
Woo-woo-woo...WHAAA-WHAAA-WHAAA

Ain't that what the Brit feller in Greece said???

Ldub
08/07/2009, 07:48 AM
True ... true

I say old boy, we've pretty well run this one off the tracks...shall we move on to another thread?...

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Heckle_and_Jeckle.png

Moncha
08/07/2009, 07:55 AM
How's about I clean it all up?

Ya'll get your shorts starched?

tom4bren
08/07/2009, 08:05 AM
Dang - I was finding it interesting just how far off track we could get this thing (didn't want to say it tho - self fullfulling profecy thing).

BTW, it's supposed to be 97 degrees here on Sunday.:ot:

Moncha
08/07/2009, 08:13 AM
I'm just as guilty as the next guy for jacking threads but this one is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay off...

nfpgasmask
08/07/2009, 08:20 AM
Rekin I'll have to switch over to the mundane method of quoting just to keep the populace happy. I still like my way better tho.

Yeah, your way is easier, but...

:cool!: Bart

nfpgasmask
08/07/2009, 08:23 AM
BTW, it's supposed to be 97 degrees here on Sunday.:ot:

Yeah, and it's freakishly cool here. Was like upwards of 100 last week, and now highs of 73...I love it.

(Sorry Moncha, I just love to feed the monster)

:) Bart

tom4bren
08/07/2009, 08:39 AM
I just figured that this was a good thread to jack to the nth degree. Nobody is looking for tips or suggestions, it's already jacked to the nth-1 degree, Lightning bolts are flying like gnats, dead horses are still being beaten ...

Ldub
08/07/2009, 08:40 AM
How's about I clean it all up?

Ya'll get your shorts starched?

No boddah me Boss...get out the shop vac...:smilewink

tom4bren
08/07/2009, 08:51 AM
Gotta keep it rollin. Lbud's siggy quote has been bothering me for a while & it just needs fixin.

Change

"Even something is mostly nothing. Atoms overwhelmingly consist of empty space. Matter's solidity is an illusion caused by the electric fields created by subatomic particles."

To Read

Even something is mostly nothing. Lbud's brain overwhelmingly consists of empty space. His brain's solidity is an illusion caused by ... wait for it ... CHOCOLATE MONKIES.

BWAHAAHAA

Gotta give myself a dancin naner for that one.

Ldub
08/07/2009, 08:56 AM
Gotta keep it rollin. Lbud's siggy quote has been bothering me for a while & it just needs fixin.

Change

"Even something is mostly nothing. Atoms overwhelmingly consist of empty space. Matter's solidity is an illusion caused by the electric fields created by subatomic particles."

To Read

Even something is mostly nothing. Lbud's brain overwhelmingly consists of empty space. His brain's solidity is an illusion caused by ... wait for it ... CHOCOLATE MONKIES.

BWAHAAHAA

Gotta give myself a dancin naner for that one.

That's incredible...:eek:

Your "modified" version was how it was originally published, I just changed it to protect my brain's reputation as being more gelatinous than solid.

tom4bren
08/07/2009, 09:24 AM
"I just changed it to protect my brain's reputation as being more gelatinous than solid."

Rumor has it tho that you're good with the wood. So all is well.

(I'm talkin carpentry skills - if you make my comment dirty, it's NO reflection on me).

Ldub
08/07/2009, 10:10 AM
"I just changed it to protect my brain's reputation as being more gelatinous than solid."

Rumor has it tho that you're good with the wood. So all is well.

(I'm talkin carpentry skills - if you make my comment dirty, it's NO reflection on me).

No worries, since I put up my new sig, & had some time to give the concept thought, I now find myself able to reach through things with low molecular density, like walls, as if they were water...stuff that's wrapped a bit tighter, like windows, isn't penetrable...yet.

tom4bren
08/07/2009, 10:18 AM
DANG. You win. I have no response to that.

circmand
08/07/2009, 10:20 AM
No worries, since I put up my new sig, & had some time to give the concept thought, I now find myself able to reach through things with low molecular density, like walls, as if they were water...stuff that's wrapped a bit tighter, like windows, isn't penetrable...yet.

Just how tightly you are wrapped

Ldub
08/07/2009, 10:21 AM
Just how tightly you are wrapped

none too...

tom4bren
08/07/2009, 10:22 AM
wrapped / warped ... it's all the same to the Dub Meister.

ZEUS
08/07/2009, 11:06 AM
lol its all good with my fam...

i think i was in a bad mood the last time i posted, i was thinking about it...and everything i said was negative or semi-insulting (sorry to the guy who wants to trade a dropped bike for a VX..i was in a bad mood)

apologies to my chosen family... you guys are the bestNo apologies, man... this thread is no place for weakness or softness! "NO MERCY!" My own piss poor mood sent this one to the moon... fitting for owners of moon buggies, aye! :smilewink

BTW, I had to laugh at myself last night. Color me hypocritical (not too near 'Dub's definition tho)! All the while I defend alternate rig bashing as retarded, I bash FJ Losers at every turn... I just hate those things for their fumbled design. Had to call myself out on that one before someone else did! :o

Where is Jay anyway...? Post up Jay, come to play, at least today, or just say hey... yeah, that was ghey.

nfpgasmask
08/07/2009, 11:17 AM
BTW, I had to laugh at myself last night. Color me hypocritical (not too near 'Dub's definition tho)! All the while I defend alternate rig bashing as retarded, I bash FJ Losers at every turn... I just hate those things for their fumbled design. Had to call myself out on that one before someone else did! :o

Where is Jay anyway...? Post up Jay, come to play, at least today, or just say hey... yeah, that was ghey.

I concur. I tried (really, I did) to give that bloated, cartoon of a H2 a chance, and I just can't get with it. :_huh:

Bart

tom4bren
08/07/2009, 11:32 AM
& the Aztec. Don't forget the Aztec.

Triathlete
08/07/2009, 01:55 PM

Whoa! Gett'n all Dr. Suess on us!:bgwo:

Marlin
08/07/2009, 02:23 PM
& the Aztec. Don't forget the Aztec.

Somehow I unsubscribed to this thread?! The Aztec was a pretty neat car. Integrated beer cooler as a center console, dual rear speakers that shifted when the rear tailgate was down, tailgate with built in drink holders, integrated air matress and tent. If it was built body on frame with real 4wd and liftable, it would have been sweet. My parents had a yellow one (and they make fun of my VX, silly I know), and I loved driving it when I visited them, I just wish it was functional....

I think it is great to see 4x4 club go out and clean up a trail, so long as it wasn't a Jeep club, they are too good for that, Mr. Abercrombie has to come and do it for them...;) Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Ldub
08/08/2009, 03:26 AM
Somehow I unsubscribed to this thread?! The Aztec was a pretty neat car. Integrated beer cooler as a center console, dual rear speakers that shifted when the rear tailgate was down, tailgate with built in drink holders, integrated air matress and tent. If it was built body on frame with real 4wd and liftable, it would have been sweet. My parents had a yellow one (and they make fun of my VX, silly I know), and I loved driving it when I visited them, I just wish it was functional....

I think it is great to see 4x4 club go out and clean up a trail, so long as it wasn't a Jeep club, they are too good for that, Mr. Abercrombie has to come and do it for them...;) Sorry, couldn't help myself.

:yes:

tom4bren
08/10/2009, 04:26 AM
"The Aztec was a pretty neat car."

Naw - the only thing uglier is a rusted out Falcon.

Marlin
08/10/2009, 04:45 AM

Naw - the only thing uglier is a rusted out Falcon.

Especially when they are a "project" car, too bad they aren't eligible for cash for clunkers...

tom4bren
08/10/2009, 06:55 AM
Heard some were so fugly that they had to put the steering wheel on the wrong side to protect the driver from flying debris.

Ldub
08/10/2009, 06:58 AM
Heard some were so fugly that they had to put the steering wheel on the wrong side to protect the driver from flying debris.

makes it easier to put the letters in the box...

taylorRichie
08/10/2009, 07:47 AM
Angry today, or not, I still would have said that was a stupid idea. Keep wheeling and one day you will break something or somehow be stuck on the trail. You will hate to leave your ride to it's fate knowing what could happen. When a JEEP returns to get your rig out :bgwb: and you notice someone screwed with your ride... you'll understand... and no I'm not talking about "the Jeep thing"... the Jeep thing is what you are doing to your VX. :p

I have been there... :(

Before:
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/Envoy03.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=11431)

After:
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/damage02.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=11435)

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/damage01.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=11434)

And all because I broke a tie rod, and dub wasn't there to lend me one, and no one was there to go get my stock one welded :( Otherwise I might still be using that tie rod today ;) Up in the hills, left for about 4 hours to get parts. This is what it looked like on return. And, chevy's suck was carved in the gate. Of course the recovery was done by a Ford Bronco, not a jeep, a jeep tried... failed.. miserably. The bronco didn't even break a sweat.

Ldub
08/10/2009, 07:48 AM
I have been there... :(

Before:
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/Envoy03.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=11431)

After:
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/damage02.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=11435)

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/damage01.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=11434)

And all because I broke a tie rod, and dub wasn't there to lend me one, and no one was there to go get my stock one welded :( Otherwise I might still be using that tie rod today ;)

Yeah, but you prolly never woulda met US...:dan_ban:

taylorRichie
08/10/2009, 08:05 AM
Yeah, but you prolly never woulda met US...:dan_ban:

Wouldn't that have been nice... :p

Ha!

Actually I wanted to buy a VX when I bought and built that truck, but couldn't afford it at the time (since I bought that truck in 1999). Then I didn't buy a VX in 2001, because I decided I wanted a car (audi a4) drove that for 6 years and realized I couldn't go camping unless I borrowed someone's truck. And along came the VX finally.

I knew I would get one eventually.

nfpgasmask
08/10/2009, 08:34 AM
I'm just going to ignore all the aforementioned comments about rust and Falcons and projects. Just you wait...just you wait...just you wait.

Bart

ZEUS
08/10/2009, 09:19 AM

So even with all the doodads, effort, and best intentions, the Aztec still represents an end result that lacks form AND function? Sounds familiar... :p

I went to Abercrombie a few weeks ago - geezus, everything in that place was over-sprayed with perfume. If they were on the trail they would no doubt have that exhaust perfume in large doses. But as long as someone finds a way to get nearly naked hot chicks to clean up the trails, I don't care!

Naw - the only thing uglier is a rusted out Falcon. Jab Jab and no smilie - what gives? I think that means he's serious, Bart!

Heard some were so fugly that they had to put the steering wheel on the wrong side to protect the driver from flying debris.Ya, debris from some guy rockin an offset from Hell!

...Of course the recovery was done by a Ford Bronco, not a jeep, a jeep tried... failed.. miserably. The bronco didn't even break a sweat.OH! BURN!
So how do you feel every time you see rootbeer? :bgwb:

nfpgasmask
08/10/2009, 09:29 AM
Jab Jab and no smilie - what gives? I think that means he's serious, Bart!

You're right. What's with that, Tom? :wtfy:

:D Bart

tom4bren
08/10/2009, 10:44 AM
Oooooopppppssss!!!

Good thing I keep a smiley in the siggy just in case I forgets.

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

That otta keep me safe for a while.

:dan_ban::dan_ban::dan_ban:

A few dancin naners just to ease the pain.

tom4bren
08/10/2009, 10:47 AM
Ya, debris from some guy rockin an offset from Hell!

God bless his little heart ... he tries ... never quite gets there ... but he tries.:):)

ZEUS
08/10/2009, 12:03 PM
God bless his little heart ... he tries ... never quite gets there ... but he tries.:):)You know me TOO well. Makes me think you speak from experience... ;):)

tom4bren
08/10/2009, 12:22 PM
Well, the lightning bolt down the shorts siggy goes a LOOOOOONG way ... so we'll keep you in the family.

taylorRichie
08/10/2009, 02:12 PM
@Zues: Ouch... ouch... low blow... ouch... :) Good memory though!