PDA

View Full Version : I'm 150 miles from my VX and need some measurements...

alanbradley
08/04/2009, 10:41 AM
Hi folks...

Posting with a measure of embarrassment here. Before I left the house to come to Manchester on Monday morning I forgot to measure the width and depth of the flat area of the loadspace in my VX (without the rear seats in place). I'm hoping to pick up some bits to make my "overland" boot install possible and I need to know they'll fit. :upsetgray

(I'd forget my own head if it wasn't attached.. :o)

Cheers in advance,

Alan

tom4bren
08/04/2009, 11:25 AM
I'll try to take some measurements for ya when I get home & post it in the morning ... unless someone beats me to it.

Ldub
08/04/2009, 11:47 AM
My cargo box is 38" front to back & 35" wide. That gives a small, but more easily installed gap between the fender wells.
The 38" length has an additional 3/4" for the drawer front. This length starts in the front, just aft of where the footwell drop begins, & in the back, can still clear a fairly large drawer pull.
The rear corners are clipped @ 45 deg x 11.5" Leaving the center section @ 18.5" (all angles expressed in "long point" measurements)

Here are some pics to help make sense of it all...:_thinking

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSC01744.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSC01740.JPG

As you can almost see, I started with a "pi" (TT) shaped frame,(across towards the front, back to front intersecting the front span) using existing tie down points. I replaced all through floor hardware with stainless, & counter sunk the heads.

VXorado
08/04/2009, 04:35 PM
Ldub, that cargo box is awesome! I will take it off your hands if you ever want to get rid of it. The skull is a very nice touch :yesgray:

pbkid
08/04/2009, 06:52 PM
ole' unca dub is a carpenter ;)

he makes some nifty stuff.... we will see if he will give us some pics of the doll box he made for a fellow member here :thumbup:

alanbradley
08/05/2009, 01:20 AM
That's great Ldub - mine's not going to be quite like that as its to organise and hold stuff in place on a trip to Morocco in the 2nd quarter of next year.

I can go buy the appropriate crates now!

A

crotchrocket
08/05/2009, 01:26 AM
That's great Ldub - mine's not going to be quite like that as its to organise and hold stuff in place on a trip to Morocco in the 2nd quarter of next year.

I can go buy the appropriate crates now!

A

JELOUSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D