PDA

View Full Version : transmission problem or need rebuild

DLNTHO
08/04/2009, 07:53 AM
:( I need advice ASAP....yesterday I car just died when I driving (I try to move D 2 3 L and no response and engine running good ) last year my car had 1st and 2rd gear slips and fall back ...I took and advice to change the transmission and change the neutral safety switch ...running a year ...this time did I need to rebuild transmission or buy the neutral safety switch.
What kind a thing I need to know before the job start ...The shop need $2195 for the transmission with 2 yr warranty is this a good price ??:confused:

Anita
08/04/2009, 10:08 AM
Question: Do you notice that at start-up when you shift from park to drive (and back) if the dashboard gear indicator lights flicker and jump? That is one indication that you need a new mode switch. Also I am wondering if the shift panel connections are calibrated correctly.

An electrical problem perhaps? Others can pipe in with ideas to help.

DLNTHO
08/05/2009, 02:44 PM
Thanks Anita : the indicator lights can jump around ...but when I move to D 2 3 L or R the car are not moving ..last year the gear are slips .I went to AAMCO the guy told me the oil are burn then I change the oil and the neutral safety switch.
Before my car go down I hear the sound (like shhhhh and the 4 wheel light go up and down after 5 more min I hear othe sound(Shhhhhh and I pull over my car the the side and gear back to Park ....After that all gear are not working... any ideas what wong???