View Full Version : Just An Idea

dtruax
08/03/2009, 04:31 PM
My friend just had his GMC Sierra chipped, and inspired me to do some research..and i came up with this http://www.performancechipsdirect.com/Isuzu/Vehicross/ it looks legit, but i really dont know. any thoughts? i think it would be cool to chip a VX

circmand
08/03/2009, 04:44 PM
it is probably a scam and would void any warranties offered. I see these on ebay all the time. They probably offer magnets that will increase your MPH by 100% or more.

VXorado
08/03/2009, 05:56 PM
+1, I agree with circmand, you probably wouldn't notice a difference and it could cause ECU issues. Without the proof of a dyno graph, they can't prove what they claim. For the most part, if it was a safe/vaiable way to tune the engine, wouldn't ISUZU do it?

I think chipping trucks works better because the engines are massive, capable of a lot of power and are tuned differently from the factory for towing/gas mileage rather than HP.

I chipped a subaru (stock 2.5 turboed boxer engine) and it only gained 10HP and lost gas mileage. That chip cost $695 :deado:

Sprey
08/03/2009, 07:40 PM
Seems like 1 of those ones you see on ebay and other sites like that saying
15HP INCREASE, $25, Best item you could ever buy bla bla bla

But all it is, is a resistor sending a different signal

Thought of getting one for my old car at one point until i did some research and all it ended up doing was giving the signal a false reading, so it would give it more fuel

As what Vxorado said thats basicaly the same thing that happens

Im with the others on this

And the fact they have the page set as Isuzu Vehicross and you hit the year and these like even 1980s in there rofl if they were gonna sell it correctly theyd have it all done properly;)

tomdietrying
08/03/2009, 07:58 PM
Yeah, it's a scam. When they ask for the year of your Vehicross, I put in 1995. It gives you the same output whatever year you put in. Scam all the way.
Peace.
Tom

crotchrocket
08/04/2009, 05:20 AM
I had a friend try one, he thought what the hell for a few quid and it did bugger all!!!

the real thing however £300 - £400 with proper tuning and rolling road set-up is Well worth it though!!

WormGod
08/04/2009, 08:37 AM
A chip that plugs in using vampire clips..... run for the hills. I'll bet this thing could switch your tv signal from VHF to UHF though. ;)

I like how they say "tailored to each individual vehicle", yet their chip-to-vehicle information is all universal/the same.

Like VXorado said, you either need a reputable access port or a pro-tune. Something like the Cobb AccessPort, which is easy to use and popular with many tuners. With the hardware proper mods, it allows you to remap the ECU and get some pretty solid gains. Sadly, no such luck for ISUZU.

JHarris1385
08/04/2009, 10:01 AM
"Lastly, we would suggest the use of an aftermarket ecu such as our own WOLF V500. With the above bolt on mods and then some ecu remapping you will be very surprised at how the car transforms. In our experience the engines were heavily restricted from factory so theres a lot of power to be had just by releasing the restrictions imposed by Isuzu."

This is from a guy that only deals with Isuzus

Scott Harness
08/04/2009, 11:04 AM
I always chipped my VWs.It was done with remaping ecu.
It gave me about 25 more horses and took off the governor,so instead of cutting power at 130mph,you could get close to 150mph:supercool

VX KAT
08/04/2009, 07:06 PM
Dave and I had my 2000 Audi S4 chipped at a high perf professional shop and it went from 250 to 318 HP! Wohoo, that twin turbo could scoot and move those Bridgestone SO3s! :yeso: ......'course it cost about $1,100. Ah, fond memories from long ago and far away!!!!

When I saw those $25 ones offered on ebay I just had to laugh, knew they had to be a scam!

Scott Harness
08/04/2009, 08:39 PM
Dave and I had my 2000 Audi S4 chipped at a high perf professional shop and it went from 250 to 318 HP! Wohoo, that twin turbo could scoot and move those Bridgestone SO3s! :yeso: ......'course it cost about $1,100. Ah, fond memories from long ago and far away!!!!

When I saw those $25 ones offered on ebay I just had to laugh, knew they had to be a scam!

SWEET!!...If I go back to a car it will be German.

Scott Harness
08/04/2009, 08:45 PM

Now that you got me to thinking, I got the 25 horses on my VR6.
Like you I got 50 to 60 on the turbo