PDA

View Full Version : Local 4x4 show

MSHardeman
08/01/2009, 08:25 PM
I signed Vicki up for a 4x4 show today, and just had to share.
The show was put on by a local Jeep dealership so I really signed the VX up more as a joke than anything else. I was only one of two non-domestic cars and the other Japanese car was a HIGHLY modified Suzuki Samurai. 90% of the other cars where Jeeps and almost all of them where modified in some way or another. They ended up putting me on the back row between two HUGE full sized trucks.
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/4x4_Show_29.JPG
I always thought that the VX looked fairly chunky between the lift, the Grapplers and the roof rack with the full sized spare, but these two trucks made Vicki look like a little toy.
The VX was virtually invisible to everyone there. No one stopped to look at it or even point and scratch their heads. I think if they could have pushed it out of the way to look at the trucks next to it they would have. It was a fun day because there where some purpose built rock crawlers, as well as some modified Jeep's, that hit the articulation ramp and the rock garden that they had set up.
I think I found Ldub's new set-up...
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/4x4_Show_05.JPG
Jeep with 50" tall tires

pbkid
08/01/2009, 10:17 PM
wow.....

vicky sure looks funny between those trucks mark...
their bumpers are at your windshield height...

and on a another note, why didnt you invite the rest of us for the show?? i would love to get like 5 VX's in a car show, all in a row...that would turn some heads ;)

and you didnt show them how it was done on the articulation ramp??

BoarderCROSS2000
08/01/2009, 10:53 PM
Giant monster trucks = small penis

Did they have any old station wagons for them to crush?

MSHardeman
08/01/2009, 11:26 PM
Jack,
It was definitely weird parking between those two trucks. Sitting in the VX I was looking at the underside of both of them. The black truck to the left of the VX had a very nice Atlas II transfer case.

It was sort of a last minute decision to enter the show and I didn't figure that you guys would drive 3-4 hours for just a couple of hours at the show. I did send a quick note to VXorado because he's just over in Eagle, but he was working.

Didn't hit the ramp and didn't hit the rock garden either. Maybe that would have gotten people more interested in the VX.

Ldub
08/02/2009, 03:48 AM
I CALL FOUL!...:upsetgray

Threre is no way they should have parked Vicky in the "grand canyon" between those two "extensions"...:uhohgray:

She woulda been noticed x10 if properly positioned nearer like sized vehicles.

Anyway...Way to represent the Fam!...:thumbup:

pbkid
08/02/2009, 10:19 AM
its all good....

if i wasnt working i would be more than happy to bring stitch up to a show....show off the stereo a little, play in the rock garden and get some articulation..

maybe next time huh? ;)

MSHardeman
08/02/2009, 11:02 AM
It's an annual event so keep your calendar open for next year around this time.

crager34
08/02/2009, 01:18 PM
Well... I would have stopped and stared at Vicki... drooled a bit. ;)

Here she is with a better surroundings.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/Image034.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/15337)

Triathlete
08/02/2009, 05:28 PM
You should have taken a few enlarged pics from Moab and posted them with some vehicle info in front of the VX! Then you should have asked the two monsters how many times they had ventured out of the mall parking lot!:bwgy:

MSHardeman
08/02/2009, 06:52 PM
Billy, that is exactly what I wanted to do, but the decision to enter the show was a bit of a last minute idea. I'll definitely be prepared for next years show with some Moab shots (maybe a few movies looping on the laptop), production numbers and gerneral statistics all printed out for display.

vt_maverick
08/03/2009, 08:37 AM
Nice sparkle add-on to the first pic. :p

WormGod
08/03/2009, 08:54 AM
Wow, I notice they have tags.... that height is LEGAL there? Insane. I have never in my life seen a vehicle that big on the road. Hell, welcome to the city I guess. :confused:

Triathlete
08/03/2009, 09:02 AM
Wow, I notice they have tags.... that height is LEGAL there? Insane. I have never in my life seen a vehicle that big on the road. Hell, welcome to the city I guess. :confused:

Go west young man, go west!:bwgy: Az has no lift laws (as long as you cover them big meets with mud flaps).

nfpgasmask
08/03/2009, 10:17 AM
People just don't know what they are missing, Mark. Vicki looks awesome! Eff those Jeeps and Big Foot pick-ups!!!

:D Bart

MSHardeman
08/03/2009, 11:32 AM
Worm, those trucks are TOTALLY legal where I am. No fender flares or mud flaps required. I live out in the middle of nowhere Colorado so they may let a few things go out here that they wouldn't allow in, say, Denver, but I have a feeling that they are legal there too. I've heard some of the guys in the Denver area say differently, but we don't have any kind of vehicle inspection out here. If you show up to the DMV with proof of insurance and ownership, they'll give you a tag.

There is a truck that I saw cruising around a few weeks ago that looked like a monster truck on the streets. It was outrageously lifted and I swear that the tires where five and a half feet tall (no exaggeration).

Oh, and them sparkles in the first pic are real baby....:bwgy:

vt_maverick
08/03/2009, 11:47 AM

Then congrats on an amazing shine job! :_beer: The sparkles just looked a little too perfect to be real. Got to back off the H8-erade.

And +1 on everyone else's comments - I'd take your VX over some run-of-the-mill-pickup-whose-owner-has-more-money-than-common-sense rig any day of the week and 2x on Sunday.

tom4bren
08/03/2009, 12:47 PM
Actually, I kinda liked the Jeep runnin 50's.

Oops - did I just say that out loud?

MSHardeman
08/03/2009, 02:09 PM
Must have, accidentally, taken the picture from just the perfect angle to get the sparklies...she was all clean and shiney though.

Tom, that Jeep might give you a run for the "offset from hell" award.:p

VXorado
08/03/2009, 06:54 PM
Too bad I missed it... :( I'm surprised all those giants were there, I never see them by me. I wonder if the monster jeep comes standard with a step ladder?

Vicki was looking hot! It's wierd that she didn't get more attention, with all the sparkling glitter you threw on her :laughgray

Moncha
08/03/2009, 07:03 PM
Maybe I could join in the fun too... I'd love to out number them

pbkid
08/03/2009, 10:06 PM
Worm, those trucks are TOTALLY legal where I am. No fender flares or mud flaps required. I live out in the middle of nowhere Colorado so they may let a few things go out here that they wouldn't allow in, say, Denver, but I have a feeling that they are legal there too. I've heard some of the guys in the Denver area say differently, but we don't have any kind of vehicle inspection out here. If you show up to the DMV with proof of insurance and ownership, they'll give you a tag.

There is a truck that I saw cruising around a few weeks ago that looked like a monster truck on the streets. It was outrageously lifted and I swear that the tires where five and a half feet tall (no exaggeration).

trucks like that are pretty normal here in colorado... you see trucks with bumpers higher than most roofs all over the place.... oh and with that you also see 80's luxury cars sitting on the ground :rolly2:

ya, most of the state has no emissions laws either...so a lot of vehicles with no exhaust, or rotting exhaust...

gotta love a clean VX...stands out like a gem in the rough ;)

WormGod
08/04/2009, 08:53 AM
Go out west? Nah, I am more than comfortable here in the over populated mid-atlantic. I have "0" taste for exceedingly LARGE large trucks. I tend to lump them in with NASCAR and militias anyways, hahaha. :p

You do see the occasional but very rare one around here, but they have specialty farm tags on them (and almost always a sticker or some small flag representing stars and bars.... no joke). And to see them around here means they are VERY lost and took a wrong turn somewhere. I wonder if good old boys feel as intimidated when they are lost in the city as us city folk do when we are lost in the sticks.... hmmmm....

VXorado
08/04/2009, 07:02 PM
I wonder if good old boys feel as intimidated when they are lost in the city as us city folk do when we are lost in the sticks.... hmmmm....

interesting, I would like to see a picture of a lifted mud bogger truck in a downtown area...with the gun rack in the back window... surrounded by civics and priuses... while trying to parallel park.

When I visited my sister in Phoenix, I was really surprised how many lifted brand new trucks there are. They're are so popular the dealerships sell them lifted with blingy wheels brand new. No clue what started that trend in a giant commuter city like Phoenix. :confused:

pbkid
08/04/2009, 07:08 PM
interesting, I would like to see a picture of a lifted mud bogger truck in a downtown area...with the gun rack in the back window... surrounded by civics and priuses... while trying to parallel park.

When I visited my sister in Phoenix, I was really surprised how many lifted brand new trucks there are. They're are so popular the dealerships sell them lifted with blingy wheels brand new. No clue what started that trend in a giant commuter city like Phoenix. :confused:

being surrounded by desert and sand ;)

and most of the people down there towing boats or offroading rigs around...

tom4bren
08/05/2009, 05:13 AM
"Tom, that Jeep might give you a run for the "offset from hell" award."

I'm hangin my head in shame.

samneil2000
08/05/2009, 06:22 AM

Dealerships here in the Memphis area do the same.