PDA

View Full Version : How can anyone part with their VX

archerace7
07/30/2009, 05:59 PM
I have been thinking about buying a different 4x4 for a hunting vehicle...and have been looking at Hummers, I stopped by a dealership driving my Kaiser VX and he asked if I was going to trade my Isuzu in... I guess the look on my face answered his question cause he said guess not.
I have a 2001 VX with 102 thousand miles on it that I bought three years ago..but it runs and drives like new and has never really been off road. And can not even think of parting with her...
Was just wondering how anyone could part with their VX

iamironman
07/30/2009, 07:17 PM
That.......... brought............. a tear to my eye.... *sniffle*
Damn oscillating fan... blew something in my eye....

:winkgray::winkgray::winkgray::winkgray:

rowhard
07/30/2009, 07:18 PM
I have been thinking about buying a different 4x4 for a hunting vehicle...and have been looking at Hummers, I stopped by a dealership driving my Kaiser VX and he asked if I was going to trade my Isuzu in... I guess the look on my face answered his question cause he said guess not.
I have a 2001 VX with 102 thousand miles on it that I bought three years ago..but it runs and drives like new and has never really been off road. And can not even think of parting with her...
Was just wondering how anyone could part with their VX

Simple, over my dead body:yeso:

SilverBullet75
07/30/2009, 08:29 PM
I keep toying with the idea too... "Practicality" is always the reason. We have a baby now, and "could" use 4 doors and more interior space. Also, we have jet skis and other toys... could use a truck, and trailers are too cumbersome. Thought about a Chevy SS pickup, a Trail Blazer SS, an SRT-8 Grand Cherokee, or an FJ...
All fail in comparison...

Even though each of those is has some "cool factor", NONE have the VX's-WOW, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING, IT'S FRIKK'N WICKED DUDE!-factor...

Sorry to 99VC, who I keep on a loose yo-yo string because he wants my Ebony. :p
He already has my old Astral, which was hard enough to give up... but even then... it was for ANOTHER VX!!! YEAH BABY!!!

"VX---HOOORAHHH!!!!"

(Hey, it's better than "Yoooo Joe (Isuzu)!!!")

circmand
07/31/2009, 07:24 AM
If your life style has changed in that you now need 4 doors or more room. Buy the wife a mini van and let her haul the kids and junk around.

SilverBullet75
07/31/2009, 11:33 AM
If your life style has changed in that you now need 4 doors or more room. Buy the wife a mini van and let her haul the kids and junk around.

Already did this, sort of... '05 Grand Cherokee. Perfect vehicle for her and the baby. But, I sometimes need the room for the toys and/or the baby. Not a big deal though. Many options/work arounds for that. :smilewink

The VX still wins...
:yesgray:

KeithVXlvr
07/31/2009, 12:25 PM
archerace7,

It is easy, for the right reasons.

I got a great one - put some money into it - and drove it all summer. Enjoyed the heck out of it. Most fun car I have ever driven.

But, considering all the problems they seem to have ( eventually everyone has problems: Electrical, TOD, Winer and Power modes, lights etc...) it is worth it to me to enjoy the experience and get out !!

All told, I probably lost about $1,300 this summer on the VX - that includes airplane tickets to go get it, gas, insurance, new tires, skid plate, cladding repairs, change fluids, etc..)

Since I am getting this Jeep from a family member, I thought why not sell the VX and put the money back in my account. It is going into the saving account for a piece of land on a river/stream when I can fish - will be my retirement home. And I still have the Jeep for camping, fishing and playing around.

With the return of my money, I am now in position to start looking for a property that I can pay cash for........

It all depends on the reasons. And after drving it for the summer..... fun but, I like money and property more than cars. :)

nfpgasmask
07/31/2009, 01:46 PM

Good one!!! :rotate:

But, considering all the problems they seem to have ( eventually everyone has problems: Electrical, TOD, Winer and Power modes, lights etc...) it is worth it to me to enjoy the experience and get out !!

While I do have the oil burning issue and a dead ABS system, I have never had any of those problems you mentioned...not even my windows! (*knock on wood*) I think there are a lot of people who are afraid of having "the issues". And people who are afraid of part availability. But like I said in another thread, if you are worried about all those things, they yeah, you should probably buy something "easier" and more common (boring). No offense Keith, but now you have no VX and a Jeep...just like everyone else. :p

It all depends on the reasons. And after drving it for the summer..... fun but, I like money and property more than cars. :)

There's a good reason, --> Priorities. A lot of people have different priorities. My problem is, I wanna have my cake and eat it too. I want the property and I want an 8 car garage on it so I can store all my whips!! :rolleyes:

My whole thing is this, especially now that I have it paid off. I just don't see a reason to get rid of it. But practicality was even a HUGE issue for me. That's why I bought my 4-door Trooper. Now I don't have to worry about "not enough room" or "only a 2 seater" anymore. My theory is, if money allows, keep the VX and just buy something else to solve the practicality issue. I've owned my VX for over 3 years and I still love it just as much and have NO PLANS to sell. Actually, my current plan is to drop about 2 stacks into her and get the paint all nice and shiny again.

So, like Rowhard said:

:) Bart

KeithVXlvr
07/31/2009, 02:12 PM
You now have yours paid off, eh ??

I paid cash for mine. If I can't pay for it, I don't buy it. No credit card bills, no financing on anything other than my house. Heck, my duplex pays me money every month.

I have my house, my duplex and will soon have my water front property - I'll be paying cash - again.

We definately think very differently when it comes to finances and value.

I'll have my property and a 4 car garage - paid for.

you can have your cake, property and 8 car garage and pay the finance charges and monthly payments..... No Thanks.

BTW, I've been waiting for someone to say "you sold your VX so get off this site". Mayby now is the time and you are the guy. :p

nfpgasmask
07/31/2009, 02:50 PM
You now have yours paid off, eh ??

I paid cash for mine. If I can't pay for it, I don't buy it. No credit card bills, no financing on anything other than my house. Heck, my duplex pays me money every month.

I have my house, my duplex and will soon have my water front property - I'll be paying cash - again.

We definately think very differently when it comes to finances and value.

I'll have my property and a 4 car garage - paid for.

you can have your cake, property and 8 car garage and pay the finance charges and monthly payments..... No Thanks.

BTW, I've been waiting for someone to say "you sold your VX so get off this site". Mayby now is the time and you are the guy. :p

Awww, c'mon Keith! Actually, I wish I had the money to pay cash for everything I own, but I simply don't. That said, I did pay cash for the Trooper and she is free and clear, just like my VX. Now, you just said you have a 4 car garage? So, you have 4 vehicles? Or are you planning to fill up the garage? I totally understand what you are saying, I just would have kept the VX to fill up one of those holes, ESPECIALLY if it was paid off. From the sound of it, you had neither a space or a money problem, so why did you sell your VX? :wtfy:

Most people ditch the VX because of money, or they are tired of it, or they want something more practical, but...

And BTW, you should stick around, you never know, you might end up buying another VX down the road!

:thumbup: Bart

KeithVXlvr
07/31/2009, 04:20 PM
And BTW, you should stick around, you never know, you might end up buying another VX down the road!

Bart -that is my biggest fear.. HA !!

It was a case of re-directing capital away from a depreciating asset towards an appreciating assett ( River front property so I can fish for the rest of my life.) I am not a rich man but, I do the best I can to direct capital towards - and buy -assets, rather liabilities. And a car is a liability - it takes money out of your pocket everyday. I suggest you - or anybody - read "Rich Dad / Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki. Wiser words were never written.

I am planning on the four car garage: 1 bay for a driftboat, 1 bay for a 4 x 4, 1 bay for a life size model of Mimi Miyagi - fully functional of course! ( :yesgray: ), and 1 bay for me to drink beer and mess around. ( You mentioned an 8 car gargae so, I was being more reasonable. :p)

Currently, I own 1 car - the CRV. Paid cash in 2005 - 1 payment but, it still costs me money everyday: insurance, gas, tires, brakes etc.... :mady::mado: The Jeep will be much cheaper to own, drive, fix mod, etc...

I am not cheap but, I have a deep seeted fear of being an old man wearing a white tank-top undershirt and eating cat food 'cause I have no money.

BTW - If you ever go on one of your camping trips again and head towards Oregon, I will meet you at the corner of Oregon and Nevada. I am 1 long day from that corner - have been there before - and would love to get back. It is wonderful out there!!!!

nfpgasmask
07/31/2009, 04:35 PM
Bart -that is my biggest fear.. HA !!

Never fear! ;)

It was a case of re-directing capital away from a depreciating asset towards an appreciating assett ( River front property so I can fish for the rest of my life.) I am not a rich man but, I do the best I can to direct capital towards - and buy -assets, rather liabilities. And a car is a liability - it takes money out of your pocket everyday. I suggest you - or anybody - read "Rich Dad / Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki. Wiser words were never written.

Hmmm, maybe I will check that book out...I need a new read.

I am planning on the four car garage: 1 bay for a driftboat, 1 bay for a 4 x 4, 1 bay for a life size model of Mimi Miyagi - fully functional of course! ( :yesgray: )

I just did a Google image search...wow, but I have to say, I prefer Kobe Tai. :)

( You mentioned an 8 car gargae so, I was being more reasonable. :p)

And I was being sarcastic! Well, sorta! :D Honestly, at 4 cars (my 3 plus the wife's) I can't imagine taking care of any more. Like you said, they rob you of cash EVERY DAY. :) I just want my VX and the the Falcon "done", so all I have to do is enjoy them from time to time and change oil.

I am not cheap but, I have a deep seeted fear of being an old man wearing a white tank-top undershirt and eating cat food 'cause I have no money.

I'm totally with ya, I would like to be done buying toys by 45 and then just start planning out where my log cabin needs to be. Jarbidge sure did seem like a nice potential spot!

BTW - If you ever go on one of your camping trips again and head towards Oregon, I will meet you at the corner of Oregon and Nevada. I am 1 long day from that corner - have been there before - and would love to get back. It is wonderful out there!!!!

Yeah, I love Nevada. I really do. It's so diverse and so wide open. I've got nothing in the works at the moment, but I will let you know...

Bart

KeithVXlvr
07/31/2009, 04:40 PM
Kobe Tai ??? -- Touche my friend, well played. :o

nfpgasmask
07/31/2009, 04:50 PM
Kobe Tai ??? -- Touche my friend, well played. :o

:laughing:

Have a good weekend.

Bart

pbkid
07/31/2009, 05:38 PM

Since I am getting this Jeep from a family member,

hate to break it to you...but if something is truely free....its probably for a reason, i dont think you got rid of any repair woe's, just obtained more of them...with more availability ;)

oh, and an average car...